View Results

StrayKit

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:43 pm
Orphan Flower
StrayKit
Orphan Flower
StrayKit
Orphan Flower
Can't use candles or anything with flame after mama burnt the house. Will have to find the pillow sprays if I can find them.

ah, okay then. the sprays shouldn't be too hard to find, I don't think. hopefully if you find and get them they can help at least a little bit....
After the travel ban lifts.

travel bans?
Yes. Though it advisory now. Still not going anywhere.

oh for the airports then? wow I didn't know they were still going on o.o  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:57 pm
Kuudere-senpai

it's questioning faith because in a lot of ways...you're saying we're wrong. but we aren't. Religions change over time, they always do. for centuries, there was one type of Christianity, and when a new kind came out everyone said it wasn't real, they were wrong, they weren't really Christians if they were something other than is one that lasted the longest. But that isn't the case. it's the same thing with every other religion. I'm not saying you're wrong. Yes, long ago Wicca started with one main coven and it is still around today and yes, that is the old, traditional Wicca. However, that doesn't mean it's the only one. Part of the Neo-Pagan movement, which correct me if I'm wrong you said earlier is what solitary practitioners of Wicca really are, had Wicca spread to people practicing solitary practice, new covens were made and spread there as well.

I'm not trying to say you are completely in the wrong. You are right in a lot of places. Yes, there is one coven that got the Wicca movement going, yes it's still around and it is strictly initiation based. But no, that isn't the only way to be part of it, just like being Catholic isn't the only way to be part of Christianity. Yes, the Neo-Pagan movement made what's known as Neo-Wicca, which is when people stared becoming solitary practitioners, but no that doesn't make them wrong or misusing the label. If you don't want to believe those of us who do practice Wicca in that way, and believe me, there's a lot more who are solitary practitioners than belong to a coven because they're difficult to find and get into(there are absolutely none in my area), then that's fine, we can't change that and I don't want to force you to believe it either.

What I do want you to do, if nothing else, is to accept that there are solitary practitioners, and we do follow Wicca even if we don't belong to "the coven". We follow the same rules, we may follow a different god or goddess, Lord and Lady if you'd rather look at it that way, but we hold the same things in the same value and light. We try to reach the same goals as anyone in a coven, we respect the same elements and forces of life. Just accept that we're out there, and that even if you and people practicing out of a coven don't see it as right, that we are practicing Wicca and following the same religion. Saying that we're wrong, that we're "misusing the word Wicca" and that we can't be Wiccan if we don't belong to this one, particular coven, is not only frustrating and upsetting, but comes off as very rude even if you aren't meaning to be. That's why it seems like you're questioning our faith, because even though we're following the same things, Harm None, Three Fold, upholding the sabbats and so on, you're saying we're wrong and can't be part of it. And it's upsetting. But like I said, I don't want to force you to believe me, or anyone else, but at least accept it and realize that it is out there despite what others think. That's all I'm asking  

StrayKit

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:07 pm
StrayKit
Orphan Flower
StrayKit
Orphan Flower
StrayKit
Orphan Flower
Can't use candles or anything with flame after mama burnt the house. Will have to find the pillow sprays if I can find them.

ah, okay then. the sprays shouldn't be too hard to find, I don't think. hopefully if you find and get them they can help at least a little bit....

travel bans?

our county and half a down downs in another
All because of an overhyped blizzard -.-
The ice storm we had three years ago didn't even get a travel advisory  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:11 pm
Kitalpha Hart
StrayKit
Orphan Flower
StrayKit
Orphan Flower

travel bans?

maybe this one is worse somehow? I'm bad with weather so I have no idea  

StrayKit

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:13 pm
StrayKit
Kitalpha Hart
StrayKit
Orphan Flower
StrayKit
Orphan Flower

travel bans?

we've had school in worse weather than that so-called blizzard  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:15 pm
Kitalpha Hart
StrayKit
Kitalpha Hart
StrayKit
Orphan Flower

guess this ones is really bad....I don't know, I'm in the northwest near the edge of it but it hasn't hit me  

StrayKit

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:28 pm
StrayKit
Kitalpha Hart
StrayKit
Kitalpha Hart
StrayKit
Orphan Flower

guess this ones is really bad....I don't know, I'm in the northwest near the edge of it but it hasn't hit me
maybe a foot of snow actually fell. It was mostly wing. The snow plows were keeping up. Big woo  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:33 pm
Kitalpha Hart
StrayKit
Kitalpha Hart
StrayKit
Kitalpha Hart

maybe a foot of snow actually fell. It was mostly wing. The snow plows were keeping up. Big woo

well wind would do it actually, if it's too strong or too cold it makes flying difficult and a danger. so that'd be why everything is still grounded then. between that and the low temperatures, it wouldn't be a good idea for planes to go flying around right now  

StrayKit

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:37 pm
StrayKit
Kitalpha Hart
StrayKit
Kitalpha Hart
StrayKit
Kitalpha Hart

well wind would do it actually, if it's too strong or too cold it makes flying difficult and a danger. so that'd be why everything is still grounded then. between that and the low temperatures, it wouldn't be a good idea for planes to go flying around right now
i think flights are still canceled
Driving, though, is up to a travel advisory. We've had nothing on worse road conditions  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:38 pm
Kitalpha Hart
StrayKit
Kitalpha Hart
StrayKit
Kitalpha Hart

Driving, though, is up to a travel advisory. We've had nothing on worse road conditions

it happens I guess  

StrayKit

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:43 pm
StrayKit
Kitalpha Hart
StrayKit
Kitalpha Hart
StrayKit
Kitalpha Hart

it happens I guess
we've come off of two really mild winters, so they probably assume that everyone forgot how to drive in snow XD  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:49 pm
Kitalpha Hart
StrayKit
Kitalpha Hart
StrayKit
Kitalpha Hart

it happens I guess
we've come off of two really mild winters, so they probably assume that everyone forgot how to drive in snow XD

well they do here every year XD  

StrayKit

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:57 pm
StrayKit
Kitalpha Hart
StrayKit
Kitalpha Hart
StrayKit
Kitalpha Hart

it happens I guess

well they do here every year XD
eh, not usually so much here  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:57 pm
Kitalpha Hart
Kuudere-senpai
Hm. I'm not sure how my saying that you using the word wicca is questioning your faith?? gonk

These people and other cults or religions you speak of are misusing the word, whether they are aware of it or not. Simple as that. They may call themselves wicca, but infact they are not wiccan because, unlike other english words with plenty of meanings, wicca has but one meaning that everyone should first understand before taking up any sort of witchcraft or tradition or pagan path.
+++++

Which brings me to the first couple of things everyone should learn about when studying and researching pagan paths and witchcraft. These were the very first things I've learned last year as I started to discover a whole new world~ ♥

idea Not all Witches are Wicca and Not all Witches are Pagan.
idea Question all you read and hear, not only on the internet (but especially, because of misinformation such as what you ladies have been saying) but in school and all aspects of your life. Critical thinking will help you understand and learn more than just taking it as it is because you thought someone was right or said they knew better, etc.
and yet you complain that we're questioning you
Especially since you assume so much yourself

Of course you don't realize it, since while you spew that there's no variations, that your "Wicca" is the one true style, you sound nothing more than the prep-slut teenage high school girl surrounded by her prep-slut friends that do nothing more than blindly agree to what you say when they're not going around banging every male they can
It wouldn't surprise me if you are one. Or even one of the clone followers

Get your head out of your a** and the past and accept that we are in the twenty-first century, a lot of stuff has changed, and yes, there are now variations of Wicca. Or Christianity. Or Islam. Or any other religion you can think of
Saying that there's only "one true Wicca" and that those not part of it aren't true Wiccans is like saying that in Christianity, if you're not a Catholic, you're not a real Christian, you're misusing the name
So yes, your claim that she's misusing the term is questioning her faith

Why the personal attack? Its unnecessary.  

Kuudere-senpai

Desirable Shapeshifter

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:10 pm
Kuudere-senpai
Kitalpha Hart
Kuudere-senpai
Hm. I'm not sure how my saying that you using the word wicca is questioning your faith?? gonk

These people and other cults or religions you speak of are misusing the word, whether they are aware of it or not. Simple as that. They may call themselves wicca, but infact they are not wiccan because, unlike other english words with plenty of meanings, wicca has but one meaning that everyone should first understand before taking up any sort of witchcraft or tradition or pagan path.
+++++

Which brings me to the first couple of things everyone should learn about when studying and researching pagan paths and witchcraft. These were the very first things I've learned last year as I started to discover a whole new world~ ♥

idea Not all Witches are Wicca and Not all Witches are Pagan.
idea Question all you read and hear, not only on the internet (but especially, because of misinformation such as what you ladies have been saying) but in school and all aspects of your life. Critical thinking will help you understand and learn more than just taking it as it is because you thought someone was right or said they knew better, etc.
and yet you complain that we're questioning you
Especially since you assume so much yourself

Of course you don't realize it, since while you spew that there's no variations, that your "Wicca" is the one true style, you sound nothing more than the prep-slut teenage high school girl surrounded by her prep-slut friends that do nothing more than blindly agree to what you say when they're not going around banging every male they can
It wouldn't surprise me if you are one. Or even one of the clone followers

Get your head out of your a** and the past and accept that we are in the twenty-first century, a lot of stuff has changed, and yes, there are now variations of Wicca. Or Christianity. Or Islam. Or any other religion you can think of
Saying that there's only "one true Wicca" and that those not part of it aren't true Wiccans is like saying that in Christianity, if you're not a Catholic, you're not a real Christian, you're misusing the name
So yes, your claim that she's misusing the term is questioning her faith

Why the personal attack? Its unnecessary.
what, you're having a problem because I used different ways to show how you're acting? "Sorry" for making it "personal"  
32. ✿ - - - Religious Haven

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff