Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Quest - Wrapping Up Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:33 pm
So far, Terei's been the only one who's submitted a backstory snippet. Mongooseh is so close I can taste him it. I think Kytana will be shortly behind, though I suppose "shortly" is relative.

Needless to say, it's not like we're waiting on you only. I just PM'd Seph a few hours ago, and if I don't hear from him in a few days, his spot is going up for grabs. I wouldn't worry about it, I think a few days into August would be fine.

You needn't even show Kytana-level of enthusiasm for the material either. I'd be fun Q&A'ing with you to help you develop a backstory, as well as anyone else here.

Yes, Kytana, I've just based a scale off of you.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:46 pm
Rain Yupa
So far, Terei's been the only one who's submitted a backstory snippet.

HAHAHAHA "snippet"? I can't *wheeze* breathe. :'D

As for making backgrounds, I find that closing your eyes and imagining yourself as your character is mildly effective.
Create a personality and then explain that personality through their background. Things like that.

Anyways, I'm still working on my little BG perks.
How should I do the 2 Major contacts? I was considering making his father one of them, but I don't think it includes family.....
I kind of wanted him to have at least one human-like contact, so he's not completely lost in the human world. *sigh*
Maybe someone his father introduced him to?  

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

KytanaTheThief
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:56 pm
*snerk* my problem isn't coming up with a backstory. I've already got about half in my head, and I can usually come up with pages and pages worth of stuff in the process of about 5 minutes. My brain is constantly producing worlds and characters and ideas and all sorts of stuff.

My problem is I absolutely suck at writing it down. I can never get stuff to come out how it seems in my head, which usually frustrates me to no end.

So yeah, I'll try to set some time aside either today or tomorrow and just force it down, all the while internally complaining about my crap writing. XD

And rain, I actually have more of a problem that you insist on calling me fully "Kytana" than you basing a scale off me.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:41 am
xX_Terei_Xx
HAHAHAHA "snippet"? I can't *wheeze* breathe. :'D

As compared to your complete life story, yes.

And I think family would be kosher for contacts.

KytanaTheThief
My brain is constantly producing worlds and characters and ideas and all sorts of stuff.

I've met her. It's true. I think I saw a family of muses climb out her ear, too. It was WEIRD, guys.

Eh, I go by people's aliases usually, unless I'm talking with someone who I know is close to you. Sorry, I guess?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

KytanaTheThief
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:55 am
It's not the alias; I actually went by my alias with my friends in high school. It's the fact that you use Kytana when it's supposed to just be "Kyt".

The only reason my username here has Kytana is because people kept seeing "kytthethief" and calling me "kytthe". Annoyed the crap out of me.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:19 pm
Rain Yupa
As compared to your complete life story, yes.

And I think family would be kosher for contacts.

Haha Alright, then.

Kk, so, his major contacts will be his father and a human that his father introduced him to.
And his Kinfolk will be 7 wolves (his pack) and 3 humans.  

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:42 pm
Where do I post the background in this thread or add it to my character sheet? (It's not done just wanna know where to put it).

meanwhile my inspirational music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47YNOJAhHBE  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:43 pm
KytanaTheThief
"kytthe"

I have absolutely no idea how to pronounce that.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:44 pm
Mongooseh
Where do I post the background in this thread or add it to my character sheet? (It's not done just wanna know where to put it).

At least here, but it wouldn't hurt for you to do both.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:37 pm
A man made of muscles, his hair and beard a shock white braided into Nordic knots leans over the fire pit so that the light cast a dramatic shadow and said, "You think you've had it tough? Try growing up as a metis among the get in scandinavia where your fellows nor nature are on your side..."

Somewhere in the scandinavian wilderness were two Garou they were both of the Get of Fenris, the female was a mighty Ahroun, the male was a Galliard a bard of his pack and the only thing that separated these two was that they were of a different pack.

Their dark fates were entwined however during a gather of the local packs for the telling of Skald they could not resist each others gazes from across the tent and they hid away from the recitation to have some alone time. They were mistaken to think no eyes were watching...

Interrupting each others wooing a small group from each of their packs burst from the shadows and tore them from each others grip. The packs returned the two, the males name is unkown but the females name is Valka to their territories and kept under watch. The two packs after the recitation even moved their territories further apart, Valka's pack were quite fond of her and didn't want to lose her to the litany. Though unlike before eyes cannot watch forever...

Through means unknown to the packs Valka and the Galliard kept in contact and arranged to run away. They met half way and ran into the scandinavian wilderness fleeing their soon to be pursuers. They had to keep running for a whole year until the running became too much for Valka for she bore a child so they hid...

They hid well they weren't found until Valka was due but it was the Galliard's pack who found them first. Dragging the two kicking and screaming out of their cave they went about their dark work. They gutted the Galliard pulling his intestines out, nailing them to the tree while he was forced to walk around it till he had no more and to Valka in her Crinos form fighting for her life they mauled her to within an inch of her life before hanging her from the tree also. They were not kind...

When Valka's pack arrived they were greeted by a scene of monstrous cruelty and horror but they had to accept what had been done since it was done in name of the litany. They turned to leave the scene but heard the strangest noise a mixture of wolf and human crying. Looking towards Valka below her corpse was a metis baby crying in the blood of both its father and mother.

One of Valka's brothers reached for the child his hand was gripped by the Galliard who managed to utter one word before perishing, "Ver... mun... dr..." He then released his captive as his body slumped and his life force abandoned him. Varis the one clutch the child turned to the others and said, "This child has done nothing wrong, we should not punish him for what he is but give him the chance any of the get have." This was met with begrudging agreement.

So begun Vermundr's life as the despised of the Garou, a living symbol of the litany broken. He spent his time as a babe with his Uncle Varis being looked after but once he was able to walk and talk and be a bit more independent that all changed. They locked him outside of their tents in a cage with only a blanket covering it, this was fine during most seasons but scandinavian winters are not forgiving and each year was a struggle.

When he was let out of his cage it was mostly so the adults who weren't related to him could give him a beating. Brutalising him as he could do nothing to resist only Varis did not partake unlike his other uncles who hold Vermundr responsible for Valka's death. This carried on till he was nine years old...

For metis their first change is incredibly easy to them since they begun in the Garou's intermediate stage. So at the age of nine Vermundr made his first change into human and then wolf. Varis seized this opportunity before the pack could begin a much more vicious and unforgiving training regime on him. Varis took Vermundr away and claimed that the cub ran away...

Varis took him to a cabin in the wilderness where he was to meet his personal trainer a kinfolk to Varis who was an expert at combat and survival the two most important things needed for a Get of Fenris to live. Varis said his goodbyes and left Vermundr in the trust of Nikolaus.

Vermundr spent the next two year's doing heavy stamina and strength training. Intense combat training in hand to hand, all manner of weapons and even a bit of firearms when Nikolaus could get some ammo off his black market friend. Survival courses where Vermundr by the end of it would expected to be able to be left alone in the forest and to survive for at least two weeks.

Nikolaus released Vermundr from his training when he taught all that Vermundr could learn. Vermundr took to the wilderness to track his mother's pack down to try to rejoin Varis. It didn't take him long to find the pack and the reception was predictably icy. One particularly bold homid about Vermundr's age approached him and remarked, "So, you returned to join your mother." Vermundr didn't take long to have the despicable homid on the floor with his main arm broken in three different places.

Varis commended Vermundr about his progress and informed him that a rite of passage was happening soon and that if he wished to join the tribe he would have to go. Before then he would need to be taught some werewolf secrets, Varis told him of the occult, some rituals and how to access his rage. That was a scary afternoon and an especially loud one.

With this after thought done arranged for Nikolaus to give Vermundr a ride to the nearest port to catch a ship heading to the USA where the next rite of passage was taking place.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:29 am
Backgrounds from Terei and Mongooseh. Kytana's is forthcoming, I believe.

Three is having some RL hiccups but I think he's still good for it... though he did say he was willing to relinquish his spot.

Seph's just been AWOL, however. As such, I'm opening one to two spots.

The first one is to replace our Theurge, since I'm counting Seph out of this game. YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE A THEURGE, but please pay heed to my initial rules for characters in the beginning.

However, if a second person wishes to join as well (to replace our Philodox, played by Three), and both players along with Kytana finish their backgrounds, then Three's spot will be taken up.

I'm giving this however long it takes for you to do your background Kyt, plus one week. If Three isn't done by then, then it may just be the three of you!

... something about that last sentence is messing with my head. X_x  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:54 pm
Thank you for bringing this to my attention Ms. Kyt. I guess instead of staying quiet and losing the spot again I should at least say something. Even if for the moment it's just "Hey guys! I would love to replace your Theurge! Give me a little bit to familiarize myself with the system and I'll have a character up." (I've played oWoD/vampires so it shouldn't take too long to learn werewolfs.)

Besides, I'm sure Rain will agree that Kiriko needs a pureblood incarnation. 3nodding  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:54 am
Paidi tou Selini
Thank you for bringing this to my attention Ms. Kyt. I guess instead of staying quiet and losing the spot again I should at least say something. Even if for the moment it's just "Hey guys! I would love to replace your Theurge! Give me a little bit to familiarize myself with the system and I'll have a character up." (I've played oWoD/vampires so it shouldn't take too long to learn werewolfs.)

Besides, I'm sure Rain will agree that Kiriko needs a pureblood incarnation. 3nodding

Mo' like Fubuki!

Also, you do not NEED to be a Theurge. That would only guarantee you the spot. But it's been a few days and no one else has really chomped at the bit sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:21 pm
Wouldn't that be a werefox, though? I mean, if I could play that I totally would, but... xd

I don't think I will ever understand your reasoning, but fortunately it doesn't matter this time because Theurge was my vocation of choice anyway.

And she's done!  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:41 pm
User Image  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items