Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
This is Our Town [Full] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Interested?
  Yes
  No
  Maybe...
View Results

BegrudginglyGood

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:50 pm
Right, just putting the finishing touches on a character. Was I still cool to join? Or do you have too many people?

I will gladly not join if it means someone who isn't in other games can join.

Here is a basic sheet, still need to pick traits which will add Dip and Knowledge increases and all the background and equipment, oh, and spend money.

Do I get any more feats?

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=638481  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:51 am
At this point I'll still take whomever has expressed interest and wants to join. Given the nature of the campaign, a larger group could still work, since everyone might not be working on the same mission. Besides, we're bound to lose a few people anyways, that's just the way it goes, so things will even themselves out.

Had kind of a busy day today but tomorrow I'll go over all the other submitted sheets again, checking for errors and whatnot and then add the ones that are good to go to the party list. Then I'll see about getting us a subforum.  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:57 am
BegrudginglyGood
Right, just putting the finishing touches on a character. Was I still cool to join? Or do you have too many people?

Here is a basic sheet, still need to pick traits which will add Dip and Knowledge increases and all the background and equipment, oh, and spend money.

Do I get any more feats?

]http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=638481

I can't tell QUITE where you've put your feats down, but you should have 4:
Human Bonus Feat
Level 1 Feat
Level 3 Feat
Level 5 Feat  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:16 am
Accepted Players/Characters:
Audio Blur: Pecha
RafeRavel: Locke Soulrent
Xenar1: Ginger
Valyrian Steel: -Reviewing Character Sheet-
Begrudgingly Good: --
Gideon Commando: --
Wesleyf: -Reviewing Character Sheet-
Dion Necurat: --

Right now you guys are in, and no more. I'm setting a Sunday deadline for character creation, because by then Rafe will be back in town and that should give me enough time to finish getting the campaign ready. I've been spending the last few days helping players make their characters so I haven't really had any prep time.

Assuming everyone sticks with us, we'll have eight characters, which yes, is admittedly a large group, but I imagine you'll be spending most of the time split into two or maybe three smaller groups, working on different tasks, so that should help to keep things moving.  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:33 am
Also, here are a few questions I've been asked regarding the setting, along with some answers to give you guys a better idea about the world you'll be playing in.

1. Will we have a house?
Yes. Once I get the map posted, I will ask each player to choose a suitable building on it to serve as your character's house. First come first serve, so get that waterfront property while you can, lol

2. What is the surrounding terrain like?
New Parishton has been built in a rather diverse locale. The immediate area is mostly open rolling plains, suitable for farming, and wooded areas to provide plenty of lumber. To the north the plains gradually develop into sloping hills, and eventually steep, craggy mountains farther to the north. And to the south, things start to get wet and turn to boggy marshland.

3. How much time has passed since the founding of New Parishton?
It will be a year to the day. To celebrate the anniversary of the town's founding there will be a festival. Your first job will be ensuring it goes down without any trouble...

And if anyone else has any further questions, don't be shy, drop me a PM. Stuff like this helps me flesh out the setting and think of things I otherwise might not have.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:18 am
iLL iNTENT

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=638481

Right, hopefully its a little clearer, I just have to do the background and currency/languages.

Short history goes something like this.

The daughter of Old Parishton's leader, Mr Waters, Castella was sent away for schooling. After learning about her local history and basic natural history she developed an affinity for learning information and soon dropped out and turned into the stereotypical rogue. But not for the usual reasons of making coin and killing people/stealing stuff. She was hunting for information that eventually led her to a guerrilla organization that was selling slaves. After spending several years living in the local jungles trying to determine who their leader was, she moved back home after the regions 'enforcers' were tipped off and the leader was captures/killed. Her father, ashamed that his daughter had been involved with such activities told her that she was the only one capable of handing on their ancestral knowledge since he had no other children or siblings.

When the city was attacked, she was told to flee with all the family history and many local documents. With this broad knowledge base, and connections within nobility and the underground, she had been an asset in obtaining many of the supplies required to rebuild.

As the daughter of the previous leader she is also well versed in diplomacy, and can talk herself out of most trouble.

Ideally, she uses her sneaky skills to get what she wants, and not her blade (primarily).  

BegrudginglyGood

Gideon Commando

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:38 pm
I present to you Dolok the Urban Barbarian! I believe everything is done and correct, his back story is kinda mixed with his Description and Personality portions. I'm kinda unsure on if there's anything else for him to buy, if anyone has any suggestions, I'll gladly take them. biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:30 am
I think I might change characters, this current one is interesting but it doesn't feel right.  

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Liquidor

Original Player

10,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:38 am
Dion Necurat
Xenar1
Dion Necurat
Hmm...tickle me interested.
hmmm... and you would make 8 people if I am counting right.

we're almost there! cat_whee
9, actually, based on the poll.
While I do find myself interested, I'm only mildly interested. Feel free to contact me if you guys need a replacement player.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:02 pm
Xenar1
I think I might change characters, this current one is interesting but it doesn't feel right.

Alrighty, just post a link once you're finished changing it. And please try to have it finished by Sunday : P  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:04 pm
iLL iNTENT
Xenar1

Alrighty, just post a link once you're finished changing it. And please try to have it finished by Sunday : P

you got here too soon XD

more of an edit than a change. still the same girl but this feels much better:

Ginger
female neutral chaotic human druid, Level 5, Init +1, HP 27/27, Speed 30
AC 16, Touch 12, Flat-footed 14, Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +9, Base Attack Bonus 3
+1 enchant bonus Darkwood Quarterstaff 4 (1d6/1d6, X2)
+1 enchant bonus, silver -1 (min 1) Silver Dagger (masterwork) 4 (1d4-1, 19-20/X2)
Darkwood wooden armor, Quickdraw shield, light darkwood (+3 Armor, +1 Shield, +1 Dex)
Abilities Str 10, Dex 13, Con 10, Int 14, Wis 17, Cha 16
Condition None

fallowing the aftermath of the dragon attack Ginger took it upon herself to be the town's diplomat. knowing 5 different Languages she is certainly capable, though some whisper that she knows more than that.

though she looks fine and healthy she blames herself for not doing more than what she did to help the people during the attack. now without any family at all she has to get by alone. she trains her mind and body for the next disaster that may come and hopes one won't come.

[Okami
Neutral Medium animal Init +2; Senses low-light vision, scent; Evasion (Ex),

Defense
AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 Dex, +4 natural)
hp 27
Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +1

Offense
Speed 50 ft.
Melee bite +7 (1d6+3 plus trip)

Statistics
Str 14, Dex 16, Con 15, Int 3, Wis 12, Cha 6
Base Atk +4; CMB +2; CMD 14 (18 vs. trip)
Feats: Endurance, Great Fortitude, Lightning Reflexes

Skills Perception +1, Stealth +1, Survival 1 (+5 scent tracking), Escape Artist +2 ;
Racial Modifiers +4 Survival when tracking by scent  
Xenar1 rolled 4 8-sided dice: 7, 1, 7, 4 Total: 19 (4-32)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:06 pm
forgot my companions hit dice stressed  

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:59 pm
Wesleyf
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=637582
Welp. There's him.

Looks good for the most part.

Remember that as a Monk, you get your WIS mod as a bonus to your AC, so put +2 in the Misc. box in your AC bar.

Remember to add your STR bonus to your weapon damage.

Also a +1 Flaming Sword costs over 8,000, which is over half of your budget. So remove the flaming bonus, and then that'll give you 6,000 to spend on something. A belt of Strength or Dexterity would probably do you good, and maybe a Ring of Deflection?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:08 pm
BegrudginglyGood

Do I get any more feats?

]http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=638481

Don't forget your languages. You get common as a human, and two other bonus languages for your INT bonus.

Also, you have a +1 damage bonus on your rapier and a +2 damage bonus on your shortbow. I'm guessing 1 point of that bonus is coming from point blank shot but I can't tell where the rest of it is coming from.  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:16 pm
Gideon Commando
I present to you Dolok the Urban Barbarian! I believe everything is done and correct, his back story is kinda mixed with his Description and Personality portions. I'm kinda unsure on if there's anything else for him to buy, if anyone has any suggestions, I'll gladly take them. biggrin

Seems like everything's done correctly. Except in the damage box for your javelin, since it's a thrown weapon, you DO get your STR bonus added to the damage.

For item recommendations, I would suggest a Belt of Giant Strength +2 (4,000gp) It'll give you a +2 Strength bonus

On the other side of the coin, if you wanted to increase your defense (which admittedly looks pretty good) you could get a Belt of Incredible Dexterity +2 (also 4,000), or a Ring of Deflection (2,000) to gain a +1 deflection bonus to AC, and an Amulet of Natural Armor (2,000) which will give you +1 natural armor to your AC.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff