Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Second Year Classes
Advanced Flying I ~ Lesson 1/3 (Open 11/22) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:53 pm
User Image
Dylan
Burgamy

RavenclawSecond Year12 Years OldSingle

Dylan brought himself quickly to Advanced Flying, the one class he had been truly excited for. After all, it was almost a requirement if he was to be any good at Quidditch. He straightened himself out with his broom gripped firmly in his hand as he quickly walked onto the grassy field and let out a small sigh. He was one of the first out there, though not like it mattered much. As students started filing in the professor started speaking, introducing himself as Professor Price. He smiled a bit to himself. That was catchy. As his turn came, he made sure to be clear. He was known to mumble sometimes. "My name is Dylan Burgamy, I'm in Ravenclaw, and I took this class because I wanted to be a better flyer.. though I suppose most do. Anyway, I'm hoping to be a Chaser for the Ravenclaw team."

OOC:
Attire: Robes
Company: Fellow Ravenclaws

Quote:

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:22 pm
User Image

Age:Eleven Wand:11 1/2inches, Maple, and Dragon Heartstring Pet: Artemis

Arianna made her way towards the familiar pitch. This class couldn't have come any sooner! She was giddy with excitement. Ari smiled at one of the boys who beat her out here. She waited impatiently for class to begin. More and more students began to make their way over and by the time Professor Price introduced himself she was practically bouncing up and down with anticipation. When it came to her turn to introduce herself she had to take a calming breath and tried to bottle her enthusiasm. "I'm Arianna Davenport. I want to learn to become a better Chaser. I tried out for the Gryffindor team last year but didn't make it." She paused slightly embarrassed. "But I'm hoping to try again this year."  

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:36 pm
User Image

❋Benjamin Rivers-Blakely❋
Second year|Ravenclaw|12

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

Benjamin walked onto the field that his class was supposed to be, already seeing a few of the students, along with an older fellow, presumably their teacher for Advanced Flying, gathered at the center. He found his way over, glad to see his friend Ariana, whom had already gotten there. He instantly went over to her, glad that she had taken the course. Now he knew someone. Along with her was the Ravenclaw boy Dylan, whom he had not really talked to during his first year.

He stood there for a second, waiting for the professor to start. He did soon enough and listened to him. The man seemed nice, despite subtly putting down the kid's who dreamed of playing professionally. Okay, maybe he didn't mean to say it like that, but it seemed like it at first. He still didn't judge him for it though because it was the truth. Not many...if any of them were going to go play professionally. It was hard to make it to that level. Benjamin on the other hand, wanted to play Quidditch at Hogwarts, but didn't have the slightest inclination to pursue it after Hogwarts.

He awaited his turn to go and took the opportunity once it arrived. "I'm Benjamin Rivers-Blakely and I am in Ravenclaw. And I play Quidditch for the school team...well, last year I was a reserve at least," he said to the professor, not really mentioning why he was a deserve. He should've started the first game, but he missed it of course, which wasn't good. He still regretted not telling anyone about it. He then turned to Ariana and smiled at her.

"Nice to see you again," he said to her, a smile on his face.

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

OOC:
amo10690

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:08 pm
User Image

In her excitement she completely missed her friend walking up to stand next to her. She only noticed his presence when it was his turn.Geez what a great friend you are. She mentally kicked herself for being rude.

Arianna grinned at Benjamin as he introduced himself. She was really proud of her friend he made his house team last year. That surely would make him a shoe in again this year. Maybe we'll get to play against each other someday.

"Hey! It's good to see you too! How was your summer?"
She asked as she grinned back at him.  

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:52 pm
User ImageXXXXXXXXXXUser Image
My silence was the silence, silence of rocks,
My silence, it was the silence of the stones,
Rocks and stones,
Rocks, stones and trees;
Of the landscapes
Full of ups and downs.

Timothy ran out to the quidditch field happy to be outside the castle for a class but also a bit puzzled at why the class was so late in the day. Right after this they had to get to Astronomy! He wondered if the Flying professor knew that, then he rationalized that even if he did there wasn't much he could do about it. Once again he had his mother's old broom tucked firmly in his hand and he stood alongside the others of his year and listened to the welcoming speech and his request to here what their desired or current Quiddtich position was. Once Benjamin went (not his Benjamin, the Ravenclaw Benjamin) he wrote down his response and passed it along for the professor to read. "I'm Timothy Cherri and I was a reserve keeper on the Ravenclaw team last year. And I'd like to learn how to be a better keeper as well." He really hoped his small size wouldn't be a disadvantage to the position he wished to play.

Quote:

Quote:

After the all commotion, [Uniform]
Ruffle and rustle, [Quidditch Pitch]
Saw I silence, [Class]
All quiet and silently [Learning]
Prevailing upon. [OOC]
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:11 pm
User Image

Second year|Ravenclaw|12

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

Benjamin waited for Timothy to go, just wanting to make sure his speaking didn't interrupt anyone, but the boy handed a slip of paper to the man instead, but it was still only proper to wait until the boy got done handing the paper to him. And as soon as he did, he looked at Ariana, a small smile on his face. She didn't seem to notice him at first, but that was only for a brief couple seconds until after he introduced himself. He didn't think about it too much though and didn't blame her for it...for he tended to be more oblivious to a lot of things going on around him than anyone in his grade. That was just how he was.

"My summer was okay. I didn't do much at all. Kind of just sat around for the time. I went to Diagon a few times, but nothing else really," he said to her, talking about his uneventful summer. He really didn't have that good of a summer. It really involved him sitting around the house...and maybe reading a little bit, or doing various jobs around the house like he was supposed to do. "How was yours?"

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

OOC:
amo10690

Quote:

Quote:

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:21 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image Location: Advanced Flying (Tuesday 3:00pm – 4:00pm)

Mira walked onto the field for Advanced Flying. She tried to get there as quickly as possible so that she’d be a least a little bit early. It was probably the only class she wanted to be early to as it showed she was serious about flying and Quidditch in general. Holding her broom in her hand Mira saw Timothy and quickly made her way over to him. “Hey,” she said with a smile as she waited for class to begin.

Listening to the introductions, Mira waited for her turn despite not really caring if she did go. After Timothy, the blond Slytherin spoke.
“My name’s Mira Mitchell, I’m in Slytherin. I have an interest in flying and quite frankly I wanted to be a better Beater. Though I doubt I’ll actually play professionally.” She said before looking back to her Ravenclaw friend. “Wonder when Benjamin’s going to make an appearance.” She said knowing her Slytherin housemate would most likely be late.

User Image

With: Class... Timothy

Wearing: Slytherin Uniform

OOC: ---

Spice the Rat

Anger and resentment,
A dark path you tread,
I would be careful, young one,
But, I know where you belong...
Slytherin!

Yukina101

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:08 pm
User Image

Ari waited for him to answer but Benjamin politely waited for the boy who didn't speak to pass his answer to the Professor. She smiled at him for his considerate action. When he was finished Benjamin turned his attention back to her and didn't seem to impressed with his summer. She shook her head it sounded so relaxing to her.

"That doesn't sound too bad! I spent most of the summer working at the bakery with my dad." She wrinkled her nose at the thought of it again the work was hard but she got to eat as much of the bread as she wanted. "If you're summer was that uneventful maybe next summer we should meet up at Diagon Alley or something? It could be a change of pace for both of us!" She nearly jumped up and down with her ingenious plan. If she had plans with friends she could get out of working. She paused for a moment and glanced towards her friend. Did that come off too forward... I hope he doesn't get the wrong impression...

RedEagle007

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:03 pm
User Image"Ambition is a poor excuse for not having sense enough to be lazy."
Seymour Benjamin Ryans

"Efficiency is intelligent laziness."

spaceWhen Benjamin arrived, several of his fellow students were there already and he avoided groaning at seeing Mira next to Timothy. If he had to put up with Mira much her and Timothy better not be just friends because, well, Mira was a right pain in Benjamin's opinion. He stopped beside Timothy raised a brow and gave a small nod towards Timothy and Mira and listened as the introductions began.

"Ryans. Benjamin Ryans," Benjamin spoke up when it came to his turn-refusing to offer his first name- "I'm in Slytherin like my Mum, but Dad played quidditch in school for Gryffindor so he thought it would keep me from being too lazy or getting in trouble that much. Meh... flying is fun enough though. And currently I was a late acceptance to the Slytherin team as a chaser, but I don't think that counts much. Honestly, I like the idea of most positions but beater and probably seeker." He ended with a half apologetic shrug and left it at that.

(( OOC: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx))
                                                    Translations: ....

Place: Advance Flying I
                                                    Wearing: His Uniform

Quote:
                                                    Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:06 pm
User Image
User ImagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxUser Image

Where: Advanced Flying
With: Other Second Years
Thoughts//OOC: First class
Outfit: Yellow, Yin and Yang outfit!

Emily walked onto the field., and stood next to Dylan. Hmmm, this was going to be fun! She could already tell. Professor Price was interesting. Emily waited as everyone started answering the professor. Interesting. Dylan was trying out? She should go see him in tryouts. Most likely they weren't the same day as Hufflepuff. When it was her turn, she smiled. "Good day! I'm Emily Vanadeth, but you can call me Em. I'm in Hufflepuff, and I'm trying to be keeper on Hufflepuff team... But at the moment, there are much better keepers than I am. But still, I'm hoping to give it my best." She said happily. The brunette then looked to Dylan. "I didn't know you wanted to play quidditch! That's awesome!" She said happily. Although she was rather... Well shy.

Godly Tendencies

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:42 pm
User Image
Dylan
Burgamy

RavenclawSecond Year12 Years OldSingle

As everybody was introducing themselves, he looked to his side to see Emily. He gave her a warm smile and nodded. He wasn't aware that she was trying out for the Hufflepuff team either, although he was sure that she would do well. He hoped so. "I decided to give it a shot. I'm probably not the best though, so I don't know if I'll make it," a soft laugh escaped from his lips. "But I didn't know you were trying out for Quidditch as well. I really hope you make it!" He said sincerely and enthusiastically.

OOC:
What: Talking with Emily
Where: Advanced Flying I
With: Emily and other second years

shabatha

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:56 pm
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff
Advanced Flying Professor

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Class (on the pitch)

Landon smiled at all the introductions, even the ones that didn't seem overly enthusiastic. Reading Timothy's note when it came to his turn he couldn't help but smile. "It is very nice to meet all of you from what I hear there are a few Chasers in this class. I'll have all of you know that no matter how unsure you are I know you'll all make your house teams. Though bear in mind if you don't make it this year, don't be discouraged. There's always next year and what I'll show you throughout the next two years will only make you better flyers and hopeful Quidditch players." he said with a smile.

“For today our first topic will be the basics of Quidditch. Since I’m guessing most if not all of you know about Quidditch this will be a bit of review. Even so I hope all for you brought something to write with so you can take notes.” Landon told the class. “Two teams play against one another and each team consists of three Chasers, two Beaters, a Keeper, and Seeker. Now as you probably all know the Chasers shoot the Quaffle into the three goal posts while the Keeper guards the goal posts. The Beaters keep the bludgers from hitting their teammates and hit them towards the other team’s players. Lastly we have the Seeker whose job is to catch the Golden Snitch.” He continued as he looked at his class.

“Clearly the object of the game is to score more points than the other team. Each successful goal with the Quaffle is ten points and the snitch is one hundred and fifty points. Lastly once the snitch is caught the game is over.” Landon finished. “Now if you have any questions ask away if not you are dismissed. Next week we’ll be learning a flying technique so bring your brooms.”

With: my second year class

OOC: ---

((Outfit in picture))

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:37 pm
User Image

Second year|Ravenclaw|12

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

Benjamin looked at her as she said it didn't sound too bad. Had she heard me. I didn't do anything, he thought to himself but never said anything. Benjamin was the kind of kid who preferred working to sitting around. He was just a productive fellow that always seemed to be busy; so really, it was weird to seriously not do anything for the first summer of ever. "I honestly would rather work in a bakery than do nothing like I did. At least you are learning things at a bakery, I literally just sat around," he said to her, laughing. "Plus, it means you know somewhat the basics of cooking, which I can tell you, I'm terribly bad at." He laughed about his cooking skills, not really knowing what else to say about that. That pretty much had summed Benjamin up in a nutshell. He never knew how to do those sorts of things.

"And that actually sounds like it would be fun. I think we should do that," he said to her, assuring her that he thought it was a great idea. The thought of roaming the streets of Diagon Alley sounded exciting enough, let alone doing that with another person. He could only imagine the fun that would be.

He abruptly stopped talking as the professor began again, basically just talking about the four positions, which Benjamin knew about. So, he pretended to take notes and instead drew something on his parchment. It was a drawing of the comic book hero batman, that actually turned out pretty good. He loved the classics. He kept doing this until Professor Price had dismissed them, making sure to make a mental note about bringing his broom.

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

OOC:
amo10690

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:45 pm
User Image

She shook her head in disbelief. "I would have given anything to relax and just read a book this summer." She paused, "I guess that's just your Ravenclaw showing a bit." She smiled as she teased him. It was true he sounded way to ambitious about working and using it as a learning opportunity. Ari only worked there because she had to and that's it.

"It's a deal then!" She grinned, shopping with someone would be a fun change. Last year she had to do all her shopping by herself which was entertaining but it's always better to have someone to laugh at your jokes, right?

Arianna listened to the professor talk about the positions. She even took a few notes but most of it was very basic and everyone knew it already. She didn't have any questions about anything.

RedEagleEye007

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:40 pm
User Image

Second year|Ravenclaw|12

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

He looked at her as she said she would rather relax, realizing just how different their point of views was on that. It was actually hard to believe, because they got along, but they were quite different in certain respect. "Maybe you'd want to switch lives for a summer?" he said to her jokingly, laughing as he watched the teacher begin. She was able to get the sentence...'it's a deal then!' before the teacher began of course.

They spent the next few minutes listening the teacher, hoping no one had anymore questions, but no one seemed to ask anything; so, looking to Ariana, he smiled. "Maybe we should get out of her because he said we can go," he said to her, beginning to walk away from the class happily. "Don't want to overstay my welcome on this field," he said jokingly, not being particularly serious about that one. Being a field, they could stay on it as long as they wanted really.

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

OOC:
amo10690

Quote:

Quote:

Second Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items