Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Actors in History [3.5 Sandbox game] (Always Recruiting) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gabriel Lord of Flame

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:40 pm
K2vworld
Natura
Gabriel Lord of Flame

Ok, put evasion in there...dunno how I missed putting it in there in the first place, but oh well. I'm working on calculating how much gold I spent now and then I'll update that.

you should put under level that you are a 2 level character not a third i got confused when i say your states and was like what that can't be right for a third level character..... i wasn't seeing the la +1 and you also should put calculate at your attack with your weapon in that box for quick references. it helps when you get other weapons and have other attacks throughout the game lol
Her level IS 3 so 3 is what should be placed there.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:23 pm
Gabriel Lord of Flame
K2vworld
Natura
Gabriel Lord of Flame

Ok, put evasion in there...dunno how I missed putting it in there in the first place, but oh well. I'm working on calculating how much gold I spent now and then I'll update that.

you should put under level that you are a 2 level character not a third i got confused when i say your states and was like what that can't be right for a third level character..... i wasn't seeing the la +1 and you also should put calculate at your attack with your weapon in that box for quick references. it helps when you get other weapons and have other attacks throughout the game lol

then does the states need to be changed to level three? because all the savings throws are for a level two character...  

K2vworld

Gabriel Lord of Flame

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:55 pm
K2vworld
Gabriel Lord of Flame
K2vworld
Natura
Gabriel Lord of Flame

then does the states need to be changed to level three? because all the savings throws are for a level two character...
The level slot at the top is for ECL for purposes of determining EXP values. If it is enough that she placed 2d6 as her hit dice.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:26 am
*Twidles his thumbs* This sure is taking a while... May have to just go "F&*# it"...  

Gabriel Lord of Flame

Natura

Blessed Hunter

4,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:19 am
I'm still here, just couldn't be online much for a few days since my in-laws came into town, and put my husband and I on a day schedule instead of our normal night schedule...we're trying to get back onto our normal one now... (and since I'm awake right now...it's not working very well for me yet.)

Was there anything else I needed to do for my character?? I'll work on a back story and personality for her.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:25 am
Natura

Well, I decided to take a look at your character sheet myself, since it's been a few days since someone last posted here.

I noted a few things, the first being that you've still got 3 skill points left you can spend. Second, you can pick 1 more language that your character can speak/read as you int mod is +2

And since you've got so much gold, why not make use of it? Personally i'd forgo the kukri for a shortsword, as it has a little better damage, but the kukri is fine. So, i suggest actually making the kukri a +1 magic weapon, Sure the price is boosted to 2308 gp, but it'd give you a better chance to hit and a little more damage.

Or, if you'd like to forgo that and keep it as is, I suggest a masterwork at the least for 308 gp total and use the last of your gold for some defensive items perhaps?

I'd personally suggest either picking up a Cloak of Resistance or maybe a Ring of Protection instead? I myself would probably go for the Cloak, cause your fort and Will saves a rather low. But that's just me.  

InsaneKatKing

Desirable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Natura

Blessed Hunter

4,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:13 pm
InsaneKatKing
Natura

Well, I decided to take a look at your character sheet myself, since it's been a few days since someone last posted here.

I noted a few things, the first being that you've still got 3 skill points left you can spend. Second, you can pick 1 more language that your character can speak/read as you int mod is +2

And since you've got so much gold, why not make use of it? Personally i'd forgo the kukri for a shortsword, as it has a little better damage, but the kukri is fine. So, i suggest actually making the kukri a +1 magic weapon, Sure the price is boosted to 2308 gp, but it'd give you a better chance to hit and a little more damage.

Or, if you'd like to forgo that and keep it as is, I suggest a masterwork at the least for 308 gp total and use the last of your gold for some defensive items perhaps?

I'd personally suggest either picking up a Cloak of Resistance or maybe a Ring of Protection instead? I myself would probably go for the Cloak, cause your fort and Will saves a rather low. But that's just me.
Those are good suggestions. Now to find out how much things cost. I could use the cloak more like you said. Thank you!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:23 pm
Natura
Those are good suggestions. Now to find out how much things cost. I could use the cloak more like you said. Thank you!

The cloak costs 1000 gp for a +1 bonus :3 and No problem. Always glad to help :3  

InsaneKatKing

Desirable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:35 am
I've been wavering back and forth on this for a bit I think I might finally throw my hat in on this. I was thinking of playing a monster race character with a desire to carve out a little kingdom of her own. I've been looking perusing the savage species pdf but I'm just not that familiar with 3.5. I've played pathfinder a little bit, how do they differ?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:20 am
Kowsauni
I've been wavering back and forth on this for a bit I think I might finally throw my hat in on this. I was thinking of playing a monster race character with a desire to carve out a little kingdom of her own. I've been looking perusing the savage species pdf but I'm just not that familiar with 3.5. I've played pathfinder a little bit, how do they differ?

Pathfinder is quite like 3.5, but the major difference is is that Pathfinder tends to make for stronger characters, with a few differences to classes and a lot more options for variances and races since its a third party kind of game. Just think of 3.5e as a little more hardcore than Pathfinder, as it tends to be a little more unforgiving.  

InsaneKatKing

Desirable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Gabriel Lord of Flame

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:02 pm
Kowsauni
InsaneKatKing
Pathfinder is quite like 3.5, but the major difference is is that Pathfinder tends to make for stronger characters, with a few differences to classes and a lot more options for variances and races since its a third party kind of game. Just think of 3.5e as a little more hardcore than Pathfinder, as it tends to be a little more unforgiving.
Which in truth is why I prefer it. After playing 3.5e for so many years and then trying out pathfinder it kind of felt... I don't want to say easy but that feeling of challenge kind of disappeared. Sure the combat maneuver system was absolutely awesome and a huge improvement on the system as a whole but pretty much everything else felt like "Here's some training wheels so you can just coast through the dungeon." I'm sure AD&D players felt the same why about 3.5 when it came out but at least 3.0 introduced the D20 system with OGL.

Anyway if you have any questions on rules and what-not I'll be happy to help.

Also thanks Katking I didn't notice Natura's post. >.>  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:05 pm
Gabriel Lord of Flame

No problem mon, always happy to help in one way or another.

And I have to agree, I started with 3.5, and while I like pathfinder, I find it's just training wheels on it. Though if pathfinder has training wheels, then 4e feels like the bubblewrap suit.... It's just like, hey, here's seventeen different ways to heal yourself and that's all without a healer! I like 4e, but yea.  

InsaneKatKing

Desirable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:23 pm
ok, right now I'm wavering between making a centaur with all the monster HD stripped out of it so it can make ECL or playing a harpy via the harpy race/class in the savage species book.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:44 am
InsaneKatKing
Gabriel Lord of Flame

No problem mon, always happy to help in one way or another.

And I have to agree, I started with 3.5, and while I like pathfinder, I find it's just training wheels on it. Though if pathfinder has training wheels, then 4e feels like the bubblewrap suit.... It's just like, hey, here's seventeen different ways to heal yourself and that's all without a healer! I like 4e, but yea.
I absolutely hate 4e. Of what I have played, 4e has always been a bust. No one ever dies, there is no drama and thus no suspense. The DM has to go out of his way to give the monsters claws against the ridiculously powerful players and skill challenges do NOT operate as intended. I can understand the IDEA behind most of what was intended for the system but the implementation was just terrible. Basically the rough draft was good, "******** yeah we're going to be high fantasy action heroes like in the movies!" but they ******** it up by turning it into tabletop WoW for marketability.

Sorry you got me started on 4e and it turned into a rant... I like what they are doing with Next though. Trying to get that "Old school" feel while still trying to advance the game a little, I like it.

Kowsauni
I'd be willing to let you play a straight no class Centaur at the start if you wanted to. It would be close enough to ECL and the fact that you wouldn't actually have a Class Level would pretty much put you on par with everyone else.  

Gabriel Lord of Flame

InsaneKatKing

Desirable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:16 am
Gabriel Lord of Flame

Kowsauni

Unless i'm missing something the Centaur as a player race only has a +2 Level Adjustment, so shouldn't Kow be able to have 1 level of a character class?  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff