Welcome to Gaia! ::

Souls of Blood

Back to Guilds

vampires, Werewolves, Shifters, Fae, and other mystical beings in a post-apocalyptic world. 

Tags: Vampire, Demons, Action, Fantasy, Magic 

Reply Surface
Lake Lacrima Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

thus always to tyrants

Unforgiving Prophet

4,600 Points
  • 1 Win 50
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:17 pm
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━┓
DIRK LUTHER,
VAMPIRE HUNTER.
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

spaceDirk finally managed to close the distance between him and Blade. The fighting was thickest around her, she had apparently made the bandits mad. Dirk didn't fight with the animal grace that Blade had- he hacked at them with his sword, and fired burst after burst until his gun ran dry. He grabbed a dropped gun and continued firing and hacking until the bandits had finally gone, either dead or in retreat.

spaceThe sound of weeping could be heard coming from the porch, and Dirk and Blade hurried back to find the Holts grieving over the body of Sarah, who lay lifeless with a gunshot wound to the heart. Jeremy was sat leaned up against the house, covering his eyes but visibly shaking, while his wife sobbed and screamed, clutching their daughter to her chest.

Red Gypsy
Thanks, I'll try it out

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:42 pm
Blade moved up onto the porch in silence and closed her eyes briefly at the sight then she moved over to Jeremy's wife and nuzzled her gently over to her husband who took over the woman and they managed to comfort each other.

She stepped back from them and moved over to nuzzle at Sarah for a moment and sat back with a soft huff, noting something that none of the others had. She didn't bother to look at Dirk or anyone else, just did what she had to.

There was a small blue-green flame suddenly in the wound that flared briefly the more Blade stared at it. None of the others were paying too much attention to her right now, too lost in their grief, which was a good thing for her.

What was actually a few moments seemed like forever to her, but the wound healed. Then Sarah gave a gasp, her hands scrambling for the wound that was no longer there, shocking everyone.

As the family crowded around her, Blade moved off to one side of the porch where she gave a small groan and fell silently on her side. after a moment, her body shifted on its own and revealed what her dark fur had hidden. The bandit leader's 'claws' had managed to stab her shoulders, but were coated with a slow-acting poison that even Blade hadn't noticed until after healing Sarah.

But she wouldn't be able to heal herself right now, the fight combined with the poison and healing the girl had taken its toll on her. She was unconscious and likely to be that way for a while...

thus always to tyrants
Just keep it going while he's sleeping. It should help alot.

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

thus always to tyrants

Unforgiving Prophet

4,600 Points
  • 1 Win 50
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:45 pm
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━┓
DIRK LUTHER,
VAMPIRE HUNTER.
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

spaceNow that Sarah was miraculously brought back from death, Dirk was no longer concerned for her. He grabbed Blade and cradled her in his arms, trying to revive her. Unfortunately, he did not have her same healing abilities. They would both have to rely on the Holts to return the favor. Jeremy helped Dirk move her into the guest room, where his wife began examining her wounds. She recognized the symptoms of the poison. She knew how to treat it, but it would take time. Time enough for Dirk to worry.

Red Gypsy
butts

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 12:13 pm
Blade slept a great deal, reviving briefly enough to be fed and taken to the bathroom and back. Probably not enough to ease Dirk's worry, but certainly enough to let everyone else know she was still alive. She had no idea how long she was down with it, no real memories of the passing of time. Instead, she had fevered dreams that could only be soothed and calmed when Dirk was with her.

In those dreams, she relived the day her mother died, a few of the attacks on Wind, and one particularly bad attack on her that she'd never told anyone about. She talked during those dreams, Jeremy's wife telling Dirk not to pay too much attention to such mumblings. But Dirk had access to her mind and memories, he'd know what they truly were.

She finally quieted, the fever finally breaking. Jeremy's wife, Melinda, turned to Dirk with a smile as she examined Blade and moved to pack down her things onto the tray so she could leave him be with her, "The fever finally broke. She'll be just fine now," she said simply then left the room.

She knew it had been a long hard time for Dirk, but she'd advised him not to tell Blade how long she'd been asleep. Or that only Dirk's presence had kept the woman in her human form after one near-fatal shift to her leopard form. Thankfully, he'd been just outside the door when Blade started the shift. How he had such control over that cat, Melinda had no idea and wasn't going to ask.

thus always to tyrants
Oh you love the drama and you know it!

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

thus always to tyrants

Unforgiving Prophet

4,600 Points
  • 1 Win 50
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 8:55 pm
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━┓
DIRK LUTHER,
VAMPIRE HUNTER.
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

spaceDirk had remained by Blade's side, kept awake by worry and coffee throughout the healing process. It was not until she opened her eyes again, fully awake and aware that Dirk could crack a smile. He took her hand and squeezed it.

space"Welcome back, love. You had me worried."

Red Gypsy
So we had a car problem.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 9:01 pm
Blade gave him a tired smile, "What hit me?" she asked him with a small frown as she tried to sit up but found herself as weak as a kitten, "Last thing I remember is Sarah on the porch..." she added, clearly having no idea that she'd been dealing with the poison for several days.

During that time, she'd been mumbling things in her fever that only Dirk could explain since he had access to her memories. She'd only been calm when he'd been touching her.

She not only felt weak right now, she also felt like someone had hit her with a board. Repeatedly.

thus always to tyrants
Do I want to ask?

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

thus always to tyrants

Unforgiving Prophet

4,600 Points
  • 1 Win 50
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 10:53 pm
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━┓
DIRK LUTHER,
VAMPIRE HUNTER.
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

space"You got a dose of poison from the bandit leader. Nothing Melinda couldn't handle though."

spaceDirk did not know whether or not to tell her how long she had been unconscious, but he knew that it would be no trouble for her to see his memories and find out herself.

space"You were out for a few days though."

spaceDirk stood and stepped towards the dresser, where her clothes were now, after they had been cleaned. He had reckoned that after three days, she would want a bath. After all, a sponge bath was no substitute for the real thing. He withdrew her clothes and set them at the edge of the bed. Dirk took her hand again.

space"Can you walk? Or would you prefer I carry you?"

Red Gypsy
We ended up stranded in Baton Rouge for a day. It suuuuucked.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 9:53 am
Blade pushed all thoughts of how long she'd been unconscious to the back of her mind so that she didn't start babbling like an idiot. Instead, she concentrated on trying to sit up, hating that she was so physically weak.

She could tell from looking at Dirk's face that he probably hadn't slept the entire time she'd been unconscious and hated that she'd caused him so much trouble.

When she finally sat up and got herself to the edge of the bed, she held out a shaking hand to him, "I think I'd better take the help..." she said simply then offered him a weak grin, "Besides... I love it when you go caveman on me..." she attempted a bit of humor and hoped that she hadn't failed entirely.

thus always to tyrants
Ouch! Well, I had my anniversary on Monday. That went fine. But my great-grandmother died on Sunday. That sucked...

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

thus always to tyrants

Unforgiving Prophet

4,600 Points
  • 1 Win 50
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 8:33 pm
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━┓
DIRK LUTHER,
VAMPIRE HUNTER.
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

space"Well in that case,"

spaceDirk scooped her up into his arms and grunted, making his best caveman voice as he carried her into the bathroom.

space"Woman stink. Woman need bath."

spaceHe sat her down on the edge of the bathtub, holding her up with one hand while running a bath for her. He moved her close to the faucet so she could tell him how warm she liked it, and finally, he sank her into the water once it was ready.

space"You had me worried Blade."

Red Gypsy
I'm sorry to hear that babe. Are you okay?

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 8:52 pm
Blade gave a soft chuckle at his caveman imitation as he carried her to the bathroom, loving the tender way he took care of her as he rant the water and eased her into the tub. But his softly spoken words had her leaning over the edge of the tub to wrap her arms around him.

She loved the fact that he cared enough about her to worry about her and hated that she'd caused him to worry at all, just starting to get used to the idea that she now had someone in her life who cared for her that much besides her brother.

"I'm sorry Dirk... I had no idea that the leader's blades were poisoned or I'd have killed him differently, maybe continued to tease him until you could shoot him. I don't know... But if I'd known, I would have done something different... I'm so sorry..." she told him in a soft whisper, apologizing to him as best as she could.

thus always to tyrants
I am most of the time. It isn't easy at other times, but at least I have Dan to help me through it.

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

thus always to tyrants

Unforgiving Prophet

4,600 Points
  • 1 Win 50
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 9:20 pm
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━┓
DIRK LUTHER,
VAMPIRE HUNTER.
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

space"You're very reckless when it comes to fighting."

spaceDirk submerged a washcloth and ran it up and down Blade's back. He was right. She often ran headfirst into situations that called for a little more finesse, or at the very least, a cautious step. He kissed her lips.

space"But you have recovered, and now I can relax for a moment."

[quote="Red Gypsy]That's good. I'm glad you have someone to help you through it.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 11:48 pm
Blade gave a soft sigh as she relaxed under his hands as he helped her clean up and looked at him over her shoulder, "I'm sorry, Dirk... Sometimes I just don't think about it, I simply react... It's really the only way my brother and I have lived this long. He's always been the one to voice caution or simply leaving a situation. Too many times, my cat simply reacts before i can do anything about it..." she explained softly to him, leaning forward to wrap her arms around her legs.

Truthfully, that part of her nature was why she needed a dominant mate. Not just for the bedroom antics. Part of her mate's responsibility was to keep her cat under control. But she didn't want to tell him that, didn't want to give him any more to worry about.

He'd had enough to worry about with the shade. She didn't want to put him in the position of having to bring her cat to heel as well...

thus always to tyrants
Well, computer is back in action but hubby brought home the flu and gave it to me. I am so not happy with him right now.

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

thus always to tyrants

Unforgiving Prophet

4,600 Points
  • 1 Win 50
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 10:40 pm
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━┓
DIRK LUTHER,
VAMPIRE HUNTER.
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

spaceDirk grunted softly, moving the washcloth over her shoulders.

space"Then we will have to work on that."

spaceDirk dropped the washcloth on Blade's head, playfully, but he had still meant what he said. He had no plans to put the monster hunting business aside, and everything about Blade screamed that she was no stay at home housewife. If they were going to keep hunting, Dirk could ill afford Blade suffering grievous wounds each time. The cat would have to be brought to heel, Dirk just needed to figure out how.

space"Well, you're clean now. I'll go let everyone know and see about getting some food ready for you."

spaceAfter placing a kiss on her forehead, Dirk stood and left, leaving Blade to dry off and dress.

Red Gypsy
I'm sorry to hear that babe. How long have you been under the weather?

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 10:52 pm
Blade gave him a frown as he headed out for dropping the rag on her head like that then draped it over the edge of the tub as she emptied it and got herself to the edge of the tub and started drying off. She gave her hair a loose braid in the process then got her tanktop and shorts on before finally getting to her feet and exiting the bathroom.

Truthfully, she really only remembered seeing Sarah laying on the porch. She didn't remember healing her. So when she saw the girl moving down the hallway, she froze where she stood in the doorway for a moment then slipped back into the bathroom before she was seen and had her moment of shock in there.

"What did I do..." she asked herself in a very shocked whisper as she leaned against the wall, one hand over her face as she tried to remember that moment after seeing Sarah laying there on the porch...

thus always to tyrants
Since Sunday.

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

thus always to tyrants

Unforgiving Prophet

4,600 Points
  • 1 Win 50
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:38 am
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━┓
DIRK LUTHER,
VAMPIRE HUNTER.
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

spacespaceDirk returned to their bedroom to find Blade huddling against the wall. He knelt beside her and cradled her face in his hands.

space"Blade, what's wrong?"

Red Gypsy
I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you feel better soon.

Surface

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff