Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
т α ι v α s : O P E N ( still accepting a few spots) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:40 pm
User Image

◌ Veasna made a solemn face before closing the distance between he and his captain. "I'm just worried. And you know Eureka isn't stupid either. She'll come looking for you too and she won't just let you go with a mark next time," he advised, bending down to inspect her bruising. Yes, her rib was fractured. He didn't think the rib pose a threat to her lungs, but Veasna wanted to be careful. He traced the area with his finger gently and softly over her skin, which may have felt ticklish for her. She would also feel a relief from the pain that she was probably feeling as well. He wondered if she was feeling pain when she breathed or if she felt sleepy. His brow furrowed before he stepped back and rubbed his chin.

Esther squeaked, standing on her two back legs before curling up and licked at her tail. "I'm also sure she knows where you're headed. We don't know where she'll be when she comes out of those mountains. She can strike at any time," he commented. He looked into her eyes before moving back to her side. He place his full hand over the area under her breast. The sensation was warm and it was getting warmer. These weren't as simple as open wounds and he was always concerned with the bones healing improperly. Veasna stood there, concentrated, before exhaling deeply. "Give it ten minutes, miss," he murmured. It was awkward to have his hand on the captain's skin like this for this amount to time, but she would have to make do. He then tilted his head to Rachana. "You really made a mess around here," he murmured before looking back at his hand. ◌

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:58 pm
Tondra held still. She breathed carefully, not too deep to interfere with Veasna's healing.

I meanwhile, eyed the boy. I had heard that murmur. I? I was the one making the mess?

I never asked to be born without an ability; neither did my sister. I never asked to be kidnapped. I never asked to be worshiped. Sure, I wanted to see the world, but not like this. In less then 24 hours I've been stolen and stolen again, treated like an object, rather then a person with free will. I'd say it's those damn cultists making the mess. Perhaps Eureka. But what did I do, other then try and defend myself when I was tossed about with as much care as a rag doll?

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

lil_lollypop1

Moonlight Phantom

15,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:14 pm
"Yeah, yeah, but you're all missing a very important point." Lina began, wafting her arm lazily as she finally began to look serious. "All of the metal on this ship does something. If I take the floor, that exposes some of the gears. Someone could trip and fall into them if they're not looking. If I take the gears, that means they can't do the functions they were made to do, and the ship won't run properly. If I use the walls, that will expose us all to the blasts of wind and potentially rip this ship apart. If I use the cannons the metal is impure and harder to shape because I didn't refine them with my power, so it will take longer. Not to mention you'll be down fire power if this gets ugly. On top of that, I've been constantly repairing the ship as shots are fired, which is partly why we haven't fallen. Did you know we've been hit by seven cannon balls in the past hour? And it's not like I can repair the ship and make the harpoons at the same time. And all of it makes me very sleepy..." She stated with a yawn. She then turned to Renard. "Look... Bring any unused metal you can find to the battle station. If we're lucky, we'll have some spare cannonballs or a broken down cannon. I'll see what I can do for captain grumpy pants." She huffed as she lowered the metal cage and began to walk out of the room.

~~~~~~

"Captain Hector, we've found them!" The navigator announced as they approached from a distance. It was still uncertain if they would make it.

"Good! Continue to the blockade!" Hector announced as they approached from a distance. The line is still forming as the pirates were slowed by the Adalla flagships. "Are orders are to stop the kidnappers from passing through the border. If we do not make it to the blockade before they pass, the emperor has ordered us to confront the Adalla fleet while our flagships at the front line will pursue them into the mountains." She announced. She then turned to Eric, folding her legs and clasping her arms together on her lap. "Have the mechanic brought to me immediately."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:35 pm
Ebony stepped forward from where he’d been leaning against a wall and spoke up, “Hey Ren, I’ve got a new smoke bomb. This one will really put the fear in the pirates.” Then he pulled a small bomb out of his over shirt and smiled as he looked at it. “This thing has a two different kinds of smoke. One is highly potent chili pepper powder, the other is a vanilla scented vapor that smells and tastes quite good. When it detonates the vanilla is all the victims smell, and the pepper powder is all they get. And if this isn‘t harsh enough I‘ve got an intensely potent smoke bomb ready for testing. Its smoke is an intensely potent airborne vomit inducer.” Then he put the bomb back in his over shirt and sighed. This ship had really taken a beating. It was too bad he didn’t have any lead shot left to give, because he was certain they’d need it to repair the ship before the day was over.

Wire_Colossus

Versatile Shapeshifter

3,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100

lil_lollypop1

Moonlight Phantom

15,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:43 pm
((Lina totally lucked out! >.< Being on a ship with three hot guys!))

The ship suddenly shook. "Ugg..." Lina suddenly huffed as she fell flat on her face as she approached the exit, clenching her fists. One of the cannonballs that hit suddenly flew through the captain's room suddenly stopped mid air before hitting Victor. It suddenly flew back to the hole, expanding and covering the spot that made a hole, sealing it shut. "I feel dizzy..." Lina muttered, slowly standing up.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:46 pm
User Image

◌ Veasna made an odd laugh-like noise, shaking his head. "No, no no. I'm sorry princess, if that sounded insulting," he said nervously. "I just meant that from the little time you've been on this ship, there's a large mark on the side of ship, three men had cut up arms and torsos and the cap'n has a broken rib. It's not your fault, really," he said weakly. He didn't want to sound rude, and he was horribly bad at talking to others while under confrontation. Veasna took his hand off Tondra's ribs for a second, inspecting the area. The bruise was gone, but the rip wasn't quite finished yet. "But who knew that a princess could create such a fuss on this ship?" He admitted and laughed again nervously.

Esther squeaked and twirled around, making herself comfortable on top of his head. "If anyone, including myself, were you, I'd probably fight like you had. Except I'm just this useless sort of guy here, I wouldn't hurt a fly," he admitted and smiled before taking his hand off Tondra's ribs. He gave her a thumbs up. He was done healing her. ◌

User Image

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:05 pm
When he apologized, I relaxed. I listened to him with a shrug.

Ehh, it's okay. Though, I can't say anything about the mark on the ship. Who did that, Eureka? She's a fire user, yes?

Yes. She's known as the Fire Woman.

Thought so. I stepped over and patted Veasna on the shoulder with a friendly smile. And don't be calling yourself useless, ok? Take it from someone who doesn't have an ability to call their own. Healing is a rare, wonderful, and yet highly undervalued ability. I would say you're actually one of the more valuable people on this ship. Think about it-- if Tondra did anything drastic while she had that broken rib she could have punctured her lung and died. It would take someone cutting her open to set the rib right and a month after to heal properly... a month that right now we can't afford to waste.

I stepped back leaned against the railing. I looked at my hands.

Everyone has an ability, something they are good at. Well... mostly everyone. Amoretta and I... The only things we can do is the things we do with our own two hands, without the aid of some object. It... makes me wonder sometimes.

Tondra listened as she flexed, doing a few twists and turns to check that everything was in working order. She smiled and returns Veasna's thumbs up, before sliding her jacket back on.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:46 pm
"Take it from me, you're not powerless. No one is without an ability. Not all abilities are as flashy as mine or as useful as Veasna's. Even a simple talent is an ability. It need not be supernatural to be an ability." Viktor said as he stepped into the room; rubbing his hands against a rag. He looked tired and at his hips were a pair of wooden broadswords. "Every Person is unique."  

Wire_Colossus

Versatile Shapeshifter

3,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:27 pm
I glanced over at the new arrival. He had short spiky white hair and pale grey eyes, and he was wiping his hands on a rag. I smiled at him. I think I just might like this-- the crew were... respectful, but not tumbling over themselves to bow to me. I liked that.

Thank you sir. You could say my abilities are my mind and body-- I've honed them for a very long time. This is my first chance to put myself to the test though. And you are...? I asked with a smile.

My eyes fell on his board-swords. Huh...

Are those made of Ironwood? I asked, having heard about a tree so hard that steel couldn't cut without dulling. How did you craft it?

Ever curious, aren't you Rachana? Said Tondra with an amused smile. Rachana, this is Viktor, our mechanic. In dire situations he turns into a massive storm elemental, and helps our ward do it's job. We've snuck by entire armadas thanks to him. Viktor, I'm giving Rachana a shot at being our first mate. She still needs to learn the ropes, but with a mind of her caliber I think she'll do fine.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:58 pm
"Indeed they are. I carved them using lightning itself and then after I got the shape right I hardened them further with fire. My prefered weapons." Viktor answered. He listened to the Captains explanation and nodded his head in her direction. "Thankyou captain. I'll Make sure none of the men get stupid around her." Then He turned to Rachana again and said, "The Captain speaks the truth. My ability is to transform into a storm elemental of colossal size. My Storm form is most useful because of its size for hiding this ship and covering our retreat or providing cover for an ambush when we need it. And its weaponry is useful for combating military airships." Then He sighed and tucked his rag into his pocket before stepping to the side so that the doorway wasn't blocked. "Want me to give her any kind of training?"  

Wire_Colossus

Versatile Shapeshifter

3,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:08 pm
Tondra rubbed her lower lip. Hmmm...

I piped up.

I wouldn't mind learning how to work the engines. You're a mechanic, right? Someone else knowing how to maintain the engine could be useful if something happens while you're in storm form.

Tondra's eyes sparkled, and she smiled.

That's a good idea. Yes, Viktor, show her how to maintain the engine, at least-- and how to repair safely while it's running. You're very good at repairs on the go.

I nodded to her and headed towards the door, walking past Viktor towards what I hoped was the engine room.

And indeed it was. The Engine was big-- took up at least a quarter of the cargo hold, and was running as smoothly and as powerfully as ever. I looked up at it in awe, with all the gears turning, pistons pumping, and the fire roaring at it's heart.

I stood there taking it all in with awe-- and a big smile on my face and a glimmer in my eye.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:17 pm
Jake released a sigh of relief as he finished the last of his temporary repairs. He examined the room with a smile as he admired his work. "Well she ain't pretty, but she'll hold long enough for me to go and examine the rest of the ship for any other repairs that may be needed." he said as he turned around and headed out of the engine bay. Who know, maybe he'll get lucky and have enough time to hunt down the captain and her precious cargo.

pup720

wolf_with_a_dragon

Fallen Avenger

8,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Wire_Colossus

Versatile Shapeshifter

3,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:03 pm
Viktor followed the captain to the engine room and said on the way, "Very well. After this I think a bit of simple combat training would also be in order. To defend herself at the very least."

Then once in the engine room he walked over to the engine and said, "There are three very very important things to know if inorder to stay safe while making repairs. Firstly, Never, ever touch any of the pipes leading out of the central hearth without heat protected gloves. The Steam Pipes are are hot enough to take your skin off and trust me, That is one experience you never want to have. I learned this the hard way when I started this job eight years ago," Then he pointed to all the steam pipes ensure Rachana would know where they were.

Then he moved to one side of the engine where there were alot of gears and pistons. There was a lever. He pointed to it. "This is a maintennance lever. Pulling it one way will stop one set of gears and activate a separate set so that the first set can be examined, repaired, or even replaced. Pulling it the other way will reset both sets of gears to their original levels of functiaonality and level of activity. Holding the lever in the middle will activate both sets of gears and and put them both into operation. Remember this because it's a function I built into this engine to keep things safe. No mechanic wants the engine to mulch their fingers during a routine repair or a mid combat patch."

Then he pointed to the pistons. "Never work on a piston without stopping it with a maintenance switch. The last man I saw try to work on a piston while it was operating had his fingers on one hand broken clean off."

Viktor then said. "Remember those three facts and you'll stay completely intact when working on this engine." then he motioned to the wall on the right side of the engine. If you ever need a tool, and you can't find the right one to do the job in this engine room on that wall, you're out of luck because I've stocked that wall with every tool we could possibly need for fixing this engine, and there are spares. If you ever find a tool Is missing, and you can't find it around the engine or on your person, Stop the engine completely and alert me Immediately. I have seen fools leave tools in the engine after fixing a problem."

Then Viktor smiled, "Any questions?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:23 pm
Tondra watched the two head down into the engine room. She smiled. The princess had a surprise for Viktor in store... that woman could kick harder then a horse.

She headed off to her cabin to plot a course to Port Plunder.

~Meanwhile...~

I listened to Viktor very carefully.

The steam pipes were very hot, as he had said-- they were emitting little plumes of steam gushing out of of them at the breaks of the pipes. I nodded and took mental note of this. He indicated the lever that worked to stop one set of gears, and the maintenance switch that stopped the pistons. I nodded to indicate understanding while still listening intently.

Then he showed me the tool wall. There were so many! Wrenches, steam tools, cleaning rags and more-- my eyes sparkled at the sight. Oooooh, I like this.

When he asked if I had any questions, I shook my head.

Not at the moment. I'm sure I'll have some later, but I understand crystal clear for now.

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Wire_Colossus

Versatile Shapeshifter

3,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:38 pm
Viktor smiled and stepped away from the engine, "Now I have a couple questions for you. Firstly, To what degree are you trained in combat and can you handle a sword? You recognized my swords earlier for being ironwood. I still have a few scraps of it left so if you should need a sword, I'm sure I can craft you one. No promises, But If you need a weapon, I'll see what I can do." He was completely serious, and he was indeed offering to make a weapon for her, possibly even one made of ironwood.  
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff