Welcome to Gaia! ::

Souls of Blood

Back to Guilds

vampires, Werewolves, Shifters, Fae, and other mystical beings in a post-apocalyptic world. 

Tags: Vampire, Demons, Action, Fantasy, Magic 

Reply Surface
Dark Woods Tree House Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 12:02 pm
DawnShadow666

Dameon Black

Sebastet gave a shrug of one shoulder and shook her head, "Sorry Jake, but no. Not Jeagger. If it was him, Gypsy wouldn't have wanted a shower after feeding from you," she told him a bit heartlessly before looking at Lin.

"Kedar was Gypsy's grandfather and Jake here seems to have inherited his soul. Or part of it, at least. That's why he's some interesting personality shifts. No need to worry about a past history there, though. Only one Kedar was ever involved with was his wife," she explained and tried to reassure her at the same time.

She ignored the subject of Ilea for now, knowing that Jake needed to make that decision on his own.  
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 12:25 pm
Jake
Code name: Shade

Jake fell silent while he listened to her report. The Reaper couldn't deny her claim, She was right. They needed the bounty for their recruits, mercenaries were expensive, loyalty came later.
Jake ignored the talk about his soul. Instead he chose to light another cigarette, as he contemplated the pros and cons. He could have her taken to the Sanctuary, and let them deal with it, but he knew they would just have him carry out whatever it was anyway. He was the senior field officer, so the decision, ultimately fell to him.
The shadows that formed his trench coat, snaked off in tiny tendrils. They latched themselves around the seemingly lifeless body of Ilea. They twisted and curled around her, until she was in a tight cocoon of shadows. " Lin I need you to remain here. I am taking her to the Re.", He stated firmly, this was not a question. Jake had slide into full military mode. " Use Sebastet to send a message to headquarters. Informing them of the situation, and of my soon return to the Base." He turned finally, Making eye contact with each of them. Waiting for a confirmation on his orders.

Red Gypsy

Dameon Black

Deactivated321

Fiendish Curse

5,025 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Millionaire 200

Dameon Black
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 1:45 pm
DawnShadow666

Red Gypsy

User Image
Lin
Lin looked over to Sebastet when she spoke. She felt a bit reassured, though her expression changed just a bit when she heard Sebastet say the word wife. All it did was remind her that Jake kept avoiding the subject of Marking her, which seemed worse when she found out that his past life was married. She didn't say anything, but the look on her face said plenty. Lin had to hope she didn't go into heat soon, because she wasn't going to be sleeping with Jake for a while. She didn't even look at Jake when he spoke. "Fine by me," she said, her tone making it perfectly clear that she wasn't exactly happy with him at the moment. "Do what you need to do."

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 5:22 pm
Jake

Gold:

He could tell by the sound of Lin's voice, that she was more than a little irate with him. He even remembered the reason, or what might have caused the rage. However, that would have to wait until later.
" Keep Her awake and entertained. She gave herself a concussion." He said, seconds before himself and the shadowy cocoon vanished.

[ EXIT to Re Du Tutti I base. ]

Red Gypsy

Dameon Black

Deactivated321

Fiendish Curse

5,025 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Millionaire 200

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 6:39 pm
DawnShadow666

Dameon Black

Sebastet gave a small snort as he left, her eyes beginning to close, "Never did know how to handle women," she mumbled before her eyes finished closing. It was a snarky comment but true in her opinion. It also showed that she'd known Kedar pretty well.

It also begged for more information on what she knew...  
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 7:00 pm
DawnShadow666

Red Gypsy

User Image
Lin
Lin listened to Sebastet speak amd smiled a bit. "You knew that previous life of his really well, didn't you?" she asked. "Sebastet, will you be honest with me? There's so much that no one has told me about Jake and everything else. There's so much information I don't have. I can deal with not knowing a few things, but not knowing anything at all is getting a bit old. Could you tell me a little bit about Kedar? Please? It'll be a good way to help you stay awake."

Dameon Black
Crew

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 7:55 pm
Dameon Black

Sebastet made herself wake up and focus as Lin asked her about Kedar. She frowned a bit, trying to fight the concussion enough to figure out how much she could say without going out of bounds. In the end, she finally decided to just talk about her old friend.

"I met Kedar on the night I was Turned. He was about to kill me when something about me stopped him. Still don't know what it was, but the end result was the same. He'd tracked the vampires that attacked my village, someone had put up a bounty on them. He kept me alive as I tracked down the rest of the clan and let me finish them off. Even gave me the reward for it.

"After that we met here and there. Sometimes we sparred, sometimes we talked, sometimes we just sat there in silence.

"I remember when his wife and daughter went missing. He went crazy for weeks trying to find them. When he realized that they were dead, he closed himself up. Locked himself down so tight that I was surprised he could still breathe.

"Took me months to get him to smile again. I'd gotten myself into a real mess, literally and figuratively. I was covered in mud and in the middle of a fight with some feral mutants. On did something with water that made the mud and another one did something with slime. It was nasty.

"Anyway, he helped get rid of the mutants then just stared at me in since until I demanded that he help me out of the mud puddle I'd would up in. When he took my hand, I pulled him in with me. Took him a few, but he finally started laughing over the whole thing. Would up snickering at me for the three days it took to get the slime out of my fur.

"After that I showed up whenever I could and pulled him into a few pranks or flirted with him a bit to get him to loosen up. It became a kindof game for us over the years.," she finally paused for a bit and really looked at Lin as if realizing that she was supposed to be talking to someone.

"If you want advice with Jake, try pulling a prank on him. Trip him into the stream at the base of the tree, tie him up when he's asleep and tickle him with a feather when he wakes up, stuff like that. Remind him that he's still alive and has a heart. Stop pressing him for a Mark and stick to him like glue. Do small things for him that show him you love him without expecting anything in return.. Play with him, tease him... Just be with him... Because you never know how long you'll have him," she told her, her voice soft but insistent, cracking with her own heartbreak at the end.

Her Mark was little more than a silvered pattern in her fur, showing that she'd lost Grann not once, but twice...  
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 2:03 pm
DawnShadow666

Red Gypsy

User Image
Lin
Lin sighed softly amd leaned back in her chair. "I'm not pressuring him for a Mark because I'm desperate for one," she said quietly. "I can deal with him having my Mark and not giving me his. But all of my cats are pissed off at him. They want the Mark, and they get angrier and angrier every time he refuses to give it. I'm pressuring him so that I can at least try to keep them all calm." She let out a soft whimper as they all stirred, and it became obvious that the cats were causing her a good deal of pain. "I don't know how much longer I can keep them all under control. It feels like they're tearing me apart inside. They've already forced me to shift to try to attack him once, but I managed to make myself shift into something that couldn't hurt him. I just don't know if I'll be able to do it again. There are so many of them against me."

Dameon Black
Crew

Deactivated321

Fiendish Curse

5,025 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 3:11 pm
Jake

Jake had returned towards the end of the story. Though he chose to wait just inside the realm of shadows. Using an opening in a shadow on the ceiling, above them. Here he remained for what was left of the story. He too had been curious about his past life. He had only heard of the things that Kedar had achieved. The man was a Legend in his own right. He had known that Kedar kept the clan alive, despite being the last living Reaper. Though now he knew of the darker half of his story. Kedar was a man of perpetual sorrow, Kinda like that song by " The Soggy bottom boys".

Shade waited until both women had said their piece. Then he slid out of the ceiling, hanging upside down. He hung there for a minute as he read the room, with a deeper scrutiny. Once he was sure it was as calm as possible. He released his hold on the shadows, and dropped to the floor, making no more sound than a pin dropping. " I managed to get a hefty sum for that bounty." He looked from one woman to the other. Then walked across the small room to a cabinet. He opened it, and the pack he withdrew from it. Then stuck a cigarette in his mouth, and lit it with his zippo. He inhaled deeply before releasing a thick cloud of smoke into the air , by tipping his head back. He lowered his head, and took another drag, sighed and spoke again. " Lin. . . May I speak to you in private?" He asked, without turning around. His voice was calm, but a little colder than he meant it to be.

Dameon Black

Red Gypsy

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 3:34 pm
Dameon Black

Dawnshadow666

But they were about as private as they could get...

Sebastet had passed out...

She probably shouldn't have, but it was already done. Besides, it wasn't as if a lousy concussion was going to kill her....  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Dameon Black
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 3:50 pm
DawnShadow666

Red Gypsy

User Image
Lin
Lin looked over to Jake with a small smile. "I knew you would," she said. She heard his question, whimpering a bit at how cold he sounded. She knew it probably wouldn't be good, and she could already feel the cats starting to pay very close attention. She checked on Sebastet and sighed when she saw her asleep, but figured that there was nothing to be done about it. So she looked back over to Jake. "What did you want to talk about, Jake?"

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 4:04 pm
Jake

Shade took a few drags, before turning around to face her. He took in her facial expressions, and knew he had sounded cold. " Damn, strike one.", He thought to himself. Then raised a brow, and shook his head. The decision had been made, but it was difficult to recite aloud. He ultimately took a long drag, followed by a slow exhale. " You have asked me to Mark you on a number of occasions. . ." He paused to take a drag as well, as take a second to clear his mind. " I. . . I have so much on my mind, on my plate. I don't understand even a fraction of it. So, I think it is unfair to drag you through that. I do not think I will be able to give you what you need, any time soon, if at all. I do not want you to experience what Sebastet has. From what I do know of the Were, and vampires. Mates are something beyond soulmates. And, if you loose one, you loose more than just them. I can not allow you to suffer anymore than you already have. You deserve a quite life. A mate that can give himself over to you completely.. ." , Jake fell silent, allowing what he had said so far to sink in.

Dameon Black

Red Gypsy

Deactivated321

Fiendish Curse

5,025 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Millionaire 200

Dameon Black
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 4:41 pm
DawnShadow666

Red Gypsy

User Image
Lin
Lin listened to Jake talk, her face remaining calm and stoic. But the Mark would send him a feeling of sorrow. She took a deep breath. "It's beyond that already, Jake," she said quietly. "I've already Marked you. I already tied my soul to yours." She gripped her head, and the Mark suddenly sent a massive amount of rage to him. She managed to regain her composure. "So you're breaking up with me. You want to end our relationship."

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 5:10 pm
Jake

Jake fought the urge to flinch at the surge of emotions coming his way, by way of the mark. He kept his composure, even when she asked if he was breaking things off. Truth was he didn't want to, not entirely. But, how does one tell someone that they are about to embark on a series of unfornately, dark events. If he survived things then maybe. But he wanted her to have the chance to find happiness else where. " Hey I'm about to commit suicide!", he thought to himself. Picturing himself holding up two thumbs, and wearing a open mouthed smile. It was a ridiculous sight to behold, and one that was never going to happen. . . outside of his head at least.
Jake took a deep breath, hit his cigarette, flicked the butt into the fireplace, and then lit another. " Yes, and seeing as I have power over souls. That information you gave me makes this easier." His face stoic features took on a dark air about them. The glowing crimson rings that were his eyes, had shrunk to tiny, dim pin points in the black of his sockets. This being the first time he had ever used it. Though Gypsy would recognize it as an acceptance of the shadows, and his full emergence into them. Jake's voice had been a cold, and commanding tone. Which he continued to use. " Go back to the Sanctuary. Report to Gypsy, and enroll in the company. Take a the training, and then train the next round of recruits." He paused, as he reached out his hand, to lay it upon the mark she had given him. There was a bright violet flash. " Forget about me Lin. . .", His hand was then placed over her eyes, releasing the sliver of a soul, back to it's rightful owner.

Dameon Black

OOC: I can edit if Either of you have a problem with this.

Red Gypsy

Deactivated321

Fiendish Curse

5,025 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Millionaire 200

Dameon Black
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 5:51 pm
DawnShadow666

Red Gypsy

User Image
Lin
Lin watched Jake with a blank expression, her cats getting angrier with every word. "But I love you, Jake," she said, her expression showing her sadness. And then he did the worst possible thing, returning the piece of her soul she had tied to his. She gave a low growl as her cats began to overwhelm her. It only took a moment for her cats to decide on what to do. She staggered back, gripping her head. "You had no right to remove our Mark!" The rage in her voice was obvious, but the way her body was reacting made it seem like she wasn't the one talking. Her body was twitching wildly, and there was a ripping sound as she shifted and her clothes were torn apart. There was suddenly a very large lion standing in front of Jake. She let out a low growl as she began to circle around him. Blazing red eyes focused on him, a sign that Jake had crossed the line. Lin's eyes were always purple, even when she shifted. But her eyes were burning red and full of rage, with none of Lin's usual intelligence behind them. Jake had sent her over the edge, and now her cats wanted nothing more than to kill him. The lion stopped and let out an impossibly loud roar before pouncing.

Surface

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff