Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Item Quests
Foxy Lady Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Phaedrina

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:35 pm
Sold some more items today. Takes time, but I'm getting closer! I am so grateful for the help I've had so far!  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:25 pm
Almost out of items to sell... cat_xd  

Phaedrina

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:18 pm
Phaedrina
sdrawkcab
Wow, 'grats on the progress! O:
And that picture is totally adorable. :3

I had started a reply two days ago and lost it. Not too much of a loss because I hadn't written much yet, heh. Life is currently eating up my Gaia time but I'll return as soon as I can. <3 I miss the time I spend on Gaia winding down from the day.

Edit; I just checked the marketplace and then noticed that your info in the first post had changed.

Thank you, for both! I was thinking about you a few days ago, wondering how you are doing. I am so glad you stopped by! I'm sorry I missed your reply. Sometimes I get confused by the notices. I wouldn't worry about the reply, we got a little carried away. Now would be a good time to restart!

As for the ears, I'll just keep plugging away! Once I'm done my art freebies, I think I'll set up a shop. One person tipped for the drawing, but one person didn't even say thank you. crying

Haha true, I'm sure we can grow another conversation. Maybe I'll pick and choose when I reply to the ones above. Cut it down a bit. XD;

How are your art freebies going? And... I know... Isn't it rotten? Just a simple thank you is not hard to type~ * n*

Have you been keeping up with the freebies? I'm gonna go try to make a DBZ-inspired avatar. Let's see how far I get. XD

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:55 pm
sdrawkcab

Haha true, I'm sure we can grow another conversation. Maybe I'll pick and choose when I reply to the ones above. Cut it down a bit. XD;

How are your art freebies going? And... I know... Isn't it rotten? Just a simple thank you is not hard to type~ * n*

Have you been keeping up with the freebies? I'm gonna go try to make a DBZ-inspired avatar. Let's see how far I get. XD

I agree! I don't think we will even have to try to grow a conversation, it will just happen!

Art freebies are going good! When I first set up the page, there was only one person to respond while I was still online. The next day there was 11 more, so I just picked the first 12 people to draw. I have finished 8, so there are only 4 more to go. I picked a goal of 1-2 drawing per week, so I am well on track!  

Phaedrina

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:13 pm
Phaedrina
sdrawkcab

I never participate in the guild's events because I never have the time. I've been making an effort to participate because I agree, they put a lot of effort into their events and they're rather fun. I've also explored the 100 room mansion and collected a few wishes. The seance thread is hilarious. Daypaw is doing an excellent job. XD There are some other games like decorate a ghost, write a six word story and such... have you gotten to those yet?

Yep, that's the main event. ^^ You can collect one Wing Sticker per day of the event. Wing stickers can be used at The Treehouse. That shop updates with little items during events and the only currency it accepts is wing stickers. (You can also buy items off the marketplace for gold.)

Hmm... I had the same issue, I think. When I was done with Switchem, the page said I had zero soul candies because I hadn't refreshed it. I was irked... before I refreshed the page. Maybe give it another shot? When you replay Switchem, any level that you've already beaten gives you 100k per level when you beat it again.

Aww, yeah n .n the aquariums are cute. Oh! That's for your own tank. Um, I hadn't explained BG yet because that's a whole 'nother can of worms. We'll get to that. XD For now, what you want to play are the tanks that are set up with the good fish. ;D You'll find those in the aquarium forum. Look for any thread that says "Glowing!" Click on it, then click on the tank in the user's signature on the first page. If the game is on, you'll see the words "Booty Grab" on their tank in their signature (if I remember correctly). You have to be quick because only 32 people get to play per glow (or a similar number).
Your fish be okay. When they die, you get an item drop that you can open for an equippable item (usually pretty cheap). I heard that unhappy fish might not give you the drop, XD; but I think it's a rumor. > < Not sure.
I understand what you mean about logging on being a choice. I'd like to keep it that way too. However, I've been pretty hooked on the Daily Chance now so I've been logging in each day to at least collect the carts. XD;

Aw thanks. :3 Yeah XD people use the houses as virtual hangouts. I just figure, you know, use your own house. There is an option to lock people out of it, but *shrugs* I got a story out of it being unlocked. xD And, like you said, this isn't the real world so it's not like visitors can alter my house in any way. So it's all good.
Ha yeah, figuring out Towns will be its own adventure, for sure. ^^ You'll want to plant your house and such. The flash spaces (Towns, Rally, Virtual Hollywood) have their own little subculture of users. Young. It's probably somewhere you won't want to spend hours hanging out on, however, that's some users whole Gaia experience. They don't post in the forums. They log on and go straight to their hangout and chat with other users. They even have their own distinctive way of dressing. XD; I find it amusing. (Because a lot of their popular items are stuck in the 2003-2005 era).
Ah, good good. XD I guess it ties in with what I said above, but there are so many different things to do on Gaia. I'm sure we've all gotten stuck in our little niches so you'll hear different stories about Gaia and what to do depending on where you are on this site. XD

Oh my gosh, I don’t think there will ever be enough time to do everything on Gaia I would like! Since joining the guild, I haven’t even taken a look at any of the other forums, as there is so many within the guild. I love all the different threads going for the Halloween, and I agree Daypaw is doing amazing with the séance thread. I think I am having more fun with the guild Halloween event than with the actual Gaia event. I have attacked a few people, healed some others, and made a few kills. I did a quick sketch for someone too, which was fun.

You were right about the soul candies! Once I went back in to Switchem, all of my candies were remembered. I was so happy to see the time I spent was remembered. I have played there a few more times, because it will probably be the easiest few millions I will ever make on here!

I keep forgetting to feed my fish. They are still there, but I feel bad. I may be able to let you know if unhappy fish don’t drop items, because my tank is only at 13%. I did put some items in the tank, so at least there are things in there to keep the fish company. I don’t know if it matters, but it does make the tank look less empty! There was a tutorial on BG, but I didn’t realize I couldn’t play my own tank. Oops!

I have been logging on every day as well, but I sometimes get so wrapped up in one area of Gaia, I completely forget about another are until I remember a few days later. Like with writing back. I had your reply copied over into Word, but then when I log in to work and earn gold, I have been forgetting to write back. I need to start making time for our conversation though, because I do really enjoy it!

I’m thinking I’ll save the exploring of the other areas until all this Halloween fun is over. There is just so, so much to do!

sdrawkcab

Yeah, there are some very good alchemy guides. I haven't really broken into alchemy yet, but I've done a little digging. When alchemy was first released, it was much harder to level and craft items because there was much less gold in the system. So the alchemists used to be a pretty tight knit forum that would all band together to help fellow alchemists. At least that's the sense I got. They're not unwelcoming to new alchemists and they'll answer questions without grumbling and griping. Of course, I'm generalizing so.. yeah~
I have a thread that I've been slowly rambling on in my downtime. I've listed some alchemy guides that seemed useful: http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?page=1&t=24499509#368261567. (The last one is especially useful because it's a guide that links to all the other guides). When you get into it, (or if you do) maybe you can let me know if there's another guide that would be good to add. ^^
:3 Haha that's pretty cool about making a thread. Hopefully that works out~~

Oh no. Sorry to hear about the lackluster luck on grab bags. > <

XD Yeah > < it'll take some investing of your gold into items in order to speed up the process. And that will take time to research which items. x .x; It would definitely change if you made gold from art too, yep. ^^ You've got the right ideas. XD Woot. Did you put up an art thread? o:

I did get hired by two people to open up the Philospher Caches, but unfortunately they wanted the Heart Charms. I do get to keep the bags though, so I will have to decide if I want to learn about the alchemy, or if I just want to learn what items to sell. I almost have been looking at the money that has been donated to me as spoken for, as it is going towards the ears, so the gold I make by being hired will almost be an investment so I can make more gold from it. After this, I should be able to buy more bags guilt free, and then open them myself. There is so much to do on here, I may not even worry about alchemy.

I really like your rambling page! Is there any way to save this as a favorite? The link is in this thread, so I will know where to find it, but it would be nice to have a shortcut there! Pretty much your guide gives me the impression of don’t throw or sell anything, until you know more about it. Just like with the charms I was selling, it could be used for something someday.

The threads are working out, but keeping me busy! http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/art-freebies/art-freebies-being-created-2-12/t.94555027/ is my artwork thread, if you’re interested in seeing it. I debated coloring the different artwork, but thought it best to keep things simple. I am having a lot of fun, but I probably should have been a bit more direct and asked for tips. As it is, people appear to like my work, but there definitely isn’t any gold coming in. I will be able to use these as samples of my artwork, though, so this definitely will be a benefit!

Okay, it is bedtime now. I am looking forward to writing back to the rest soon!

Haha, and this is a very short reply. Last time I started it, I rambled on for about a page about the differences between Switchem games from the past events compared to this event. XD;; Soooooo I just skipped that part. <.< >.> (And after typing that, I feel like Hermione from Harry Potter.

I think I had more fun with the NSTG Guild event than the Gaia event. You were more active in the main event than I was. o: I think I posted once, healed once… and spent the rest of the time playing Switchem. I sure still get bored with that game, but loved the 100k prizes. I also liked that Switchem gave me a shot at the same items I would've gotten from the forum battle.

Ha, yeah, it felt like forever before my aquarium tank health got to 100%. To speed things up, you want happy fish. And the fishes like different levels of water temp, lighting and music. Your fish like the setting if a heart bubble appears after it is picked. There are guides on the subject that make it easier. … Of course, I cared about it back when those daily gifts for a 100% tank were nice… back when 20k would buy the fail items (cheap, common items) from the monthly Chance Items.

I would’ve said to ignore Booty Grab, but the latest staff alert said that the gold output was increased. O 3 O I’d like to check it out.

O: How did that work out? Was it worth opening the caches for other people?

That's the downside of guild threads. We can't subscribe to them. u.u; I'm glad that you've found the thread helpful! It means I'm on the right track. ^^ But, oh no. XD Don't become a hoarder like me. Sell, sell, sell! But yeah some items have uses that users have forgotten about. I just figure that it's good to know what you're selling, before you sell it.

Ooo~~~ I’ll check out your freebie thread after I post this just so that I keep typing and don’t get distracted. Hmmm. I’ve often seen people specify that they accept tips. I guess that would be why. > <;;

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:23 pm
Phaedrina
sdrawkcab

I agree! I don't think we will even have to try to grow a conversation, it will just happen!

Art freebies are going good! When I first set up the page, there was only one person to respond while I was still online. The next day there was 11 more, so I just picked the first 12 people to draw. I have finished 8, so there are only 4 more to go. I picked a goal of 1-2 drawing per week, so I am well on track!

Magic. c:
O: Sweet. I'm glad to hear that you're on track! ^^ I just checked out your freebie thread. That's nice work! And colored too. o: Lucky ducks. xD That's good thinking that you capped it off. @ .@ Or I bet you'd have pages and pages of requests.

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:55 pm
I'm going to do something random here and reserve a post for the reply I'm working on. I've got half of it typed up, so I'm hopeful. ;D And all 3 posts will be in a row, then. Gotta run now though.
I'll edit this post later. <.< >.>

Phaedrina
Looks like there are 30 messages! Day 29 is different styles of avatars! You would definitely like Day 29 best. What made you say you would like it best? Is 29 a lucky number? I did get a response about the Welcoming Fairy messages. There is a link here. You could always add this to your reference page!

I think it depends on how you access the episodes. I watch my TV from the show website, so I guess they want to encourage you to get cable (you can access the older ones if you have cable). There are also a lot of unofficial sites that post TV shows, but some of them want you to download special viewers so I tend to avoid them. Do you have a site you normally go to? Usually the people that play the social game end up winning, so it is a very respectable reason to watch! Since there have been a few episodes already, have you picked your top three? We should make a bet and see if either of us can guess one or more people in the top three. I think it would be fun!

Having the washing machine run while on Gaia totally counts! I haven’t been doing much multi-tasking lately, kind of small visits to Gaia with a single-minded focus. I like the meandering multi-tasking days of letting my brain wander.

The 10 posts before drawing is a great idea! This might be something to incorporate into the store. It would be nice to have people enjoy being around. Sorry I keep going back to the drawing, I seem to be incorporating it into basically every post, lol! I guess I’m just excited.

I can see a lot of downsides with these pay to play events. One is they slowly stop worrying about other aspects of the site because not as much money can be made. For now, my focus is on the Guild, my job of opening Philosopher Caches, and my thread and drawing.

There are a few shops I don’t get the reference to this year. Actually, quite a few. I think I do get maybe a handful of them! The rest are pretty neat to look at. I can sort of see the genre of a few of them, but most are just pretty pictures.

I think if I were to get something animal related, it would be the fox fur, because I love the colors. I have quite a bit of saving to go before I get there though! The same goes for most everything on here. If only I had more time, hehe!

The only problem with the ghost is the lack of hands! I got the camera by going through a Mansion Door, but I couldn’t hold it without losing my ghost costume.

The RP guild has a story, character details, behind the scenes battles (there is a thread as well as the guild forums, so there is a lot of reading between the two). I’m not sure if I will ever get much into it, because right now I have my single minded goal of making some gold. I can see you would not get much done on the site, since I imagine I’m not the only one you are having conversations with. I’m not sure I’m into battles, but I haven’t tried them yet, so who knows. I’m sure you’re not horrible at RPing! You’re very good at describing things, and creating a bit of detail to the posts is what adds the flair. Some people only post a line, or the equivalent to a bump. It is hard to start much of anything with that!

I hope you’re having fun with the various Halloween events!

Awesome! That’s too bad that someone made our guide for us already. XDD But thank you for the link to an archive of the Welcoming Fairy messages. I’ll definitely link to that. ….And check it out, myself.
I have a guide for how to make good-looking avatars. It’s very old, but I tinker with it and update it from time to time. I just can’t let it go…. Even though I don’t think anyone would have use for it anymore. It’s easy to make good avatars now. You just equip anything that comes from the cash shop. :/ Ha. But yeah, a section of the guide talks about different avatar styles. I’d like to see what Gaia tells newbies.

I’m old fashioned and watch Survivor on cable. I know that I need to get into the whole Hulu and Netflix thing… but… I just haven’t yet. XD I have DVR so I record TV and then skip through commercials. I have watched it online when I miss an episode, but even the little 15 second commercials annoy me. I’m spoiled now. D;
O: Good thing I’m replying to this now, sheesh, and the season isn’t over yet. I don’t usually who’s going to win until I have the final two/three to choose from. XD;; I have favorites… but… they often get blindsided along the way. <.< >.> Or make really stupid moves. I like this idea though. I’ll try to think about who I’d pick. I’ll tell you what, one person I would have picked has gone home. O: I guess I should’ve seen it coming… but I don’t want to say names because I don’t know if we’re on the same page. We should be though.

I’m skipping some posts for the sake of chopping this down a bit. Plus, we can keep talking about your art thread in that other post. ;3 I like your focus. And it all sounds like fun except for the philosopher’s cache job. But heck, there’s always something tedious about earning gold on this site. I’d say that my only priority lately has been posting in this guild. XD; I need to branch back out again on Gaia.

O: And I see you’ve gotten the fox fur! Fun stuff. Er, at least I think it’s the fox fur. XD;

Ha, wow, yeahhhhh that sounds like you’ve got a lot of homework from the RP guild before you can jump into it. @ .@; That’s more work than I imagined it would be. I wouldn’t want to jump into it without reading it all, either. Buuuuuttttt~ it sounds so organized. o wo At least that doesn’t sound too bad.
Haha, thanks for the vote of confidence. XD Creative writing has always been a weakness of mine. I love to read fiction, just not write it. x –x; The person who introduced me to Gaia was an RPer so I started off on Gaia posting in an RP guild. I thought that’s what Gaia was for. XD; The guild had different threads that represented different rooms (for the most part) in some giant castle. Everyone was a demon. I was a fox demon of some sort (since I loved the ears and tail). I was too timid to post with the good writers, so I mostly spent the time by myself… in the library, I think. I kept making posts about borrowing books and such. XD;; They also left me alone. It was a few months before I realized that there were forums where people didn’t write out posts explaining every little action your person (avatar) made.
The guild had a few people who’d RP back and forth quickly, so their posts weren’t very long. And then there were two or three people who weren’t around as often, but I loved when they’d post. The writing and stories were beautiful. * ^*

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:46 pm
sdrawkcab

Haha, and this is a very short reply. Last time I started it, I rambled on for about a page about the differences between Switchem games from the past events compared to this event. XD;; Soooooo I just skipped that part. <.< >.> (And after typing that, I feel like Hermione from Harry Potter.

I think I had more fun with the NSTG Guild event than the Gaia event. You were more active in the main event than I was. o: I think I posted once, healed once… and spent the rest of the time playing Switchem. I sure still get bored with that game, but loved the 100k prizes. I also liked that Switchem gave me a shot at the same items I would've gotten from the forum battle.

Ha, yeah, it felt like forever before my aquarium tank health got to 100%. To speed things up, you want happy fish. And the fishes like different levels of water temp, lighting and music. Your fish like the setting if a heart bubble appears after it is picked. There are guides on the subject that make it easier. … Of course, I cared about it back when those daily gifts for a 100% tank were nice… back when 20k would buy the fail items (cheap, common items) from the monthly Chance Items.

I would’ve said to ignore Booty Grab, but the latest staff alert said that the gold output was increased. O 3 O I’d like to check it out.

O: How did that work out? Was it worth opening the caches for other people?

That's the downside of guild threads. We can't subscribe to them. u.u; I'm glad that you've found the thread helpful! It means I'm on the right track. ^^ But, oh no. XD Don't become a hoarder like me. Sell, sell, sell! But yeah some items have uses that users have forgotten about. I just figure that it's good to know what you're selling, before you sell it.

Ooo~~~ I’ll check out your freebie thread after I post this just so that I keep typing and don’t get distracted. Hmmm. I’ve often seen people specify that they accept tips. I guess that would be why. > <;;

sdrawkcab

Magic. c:
O: Sweet. I'm glad to hear that you're on track! ^^ I just checked out your freebie thread. That's nice work! And colored too. o: Lucky ducks. xD That's good thinking that you capped it off. @ .@ Or I bet you'd have pages and pages of requests.

This will be a good challenge for us. Practice to figure out how to keep replies short! I could see you and Hermoine having a lot in common, because you have so much knowledge about Gaia and you are so good at sharing it!

I really liked Switchem! It’s not often you can find free gold on Gaia, so I did my best to take advantage of the opportunity. I wish I could be a little more outgoing, because then I could have tried some of the other games. I would have loved to make a guess on the murderer, but I didn’t feel I have enough information. I could have at least tried!

My tank is doing better, and the health is up to 42%! I tried playing Booty Grab, but it runs extremely slow on my computer. The little heart trick is really helpful to know!

Opening caches for other people was a good start! I learned to be very careful with laying out expectations, as one individual wanted some of the items, heart charms, and didn’t want to reimburse me for the time it took. The rest were really positive! It was definitely more profitable to open for items, and keep the charms. I know use opening the caches to keep a steady income.

Hehe, I’m turning into a little bit of a hoarder like you! I went through a lot of my original items, and some were worth a few billion gold. I couldn’t justify keeping those, since I’m making such good progress on my quest, so I did eventually sell them. Once I make my quest purchase, I will probably try to help others with their quests, as gold won’t matter as much. I will probably still Dumpster Dive, and hoard a lot of those items, hehe!

Thank you for the compliment on my work! I have been working more, so I have had a hard time finding the time to draw. I did almost have a mini panic attack when I saw how many people had replied. I can’t imagine what would have happened if I didn’t cap it off right away! Soon though! I have a couple weeks off soon, and I can’t wait! I think it will be a good mental health break. cat_xd Did you draw the cute picture on your profile page?  

Phaedrina

Phaedrina

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:47 pm
I'm going to go have some dinner, but will check back later and see sdrawkcab's mysterious post. I'm excited! cat_blaugh  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:07 pm
Phaedrina
This will be a good challenge for us. Practice to figure out how to keep replies short! I could see you and Hermoine having a lot in common, because you have so much knowledge about Gaia and you are so good at sharing it!

I really liked Switchem! It’s not often you can find free gold on Gaia, so I did my best to take advantage of the opportunity. I wish I could be a little more outgoing, because then I could have tried some of the other games. I would have loved to make a guess on the murderer, but I didn’t feel I have enough information. I could have at least tried!

My tank is doing better, and the health is up to 42%! I tried playing Booty Grab, but it runs extremely slow on my computer. The little heart trick is really helpful to know!

Opening caches for other people was a good start! I learned to be very careful with laying out expectations, as one individual wanted some of the items, heart charms, and didn’t want to reimburse me for the time it took. The rest were really positive! It was definitely more profitable to open for items, and keep the charms. I know use opening the caches to keep a steady income.

Hehe, I’m turning into a little bit of a hoarder like you! I went through a lot of my original items, and some were worth a few billion gold. I couldn’t justify keeping those, since I’m making such good progress on my quest, so I did eventually sell them. Once I make my quest purchase, I will probably try to help others with their quests, as gold won’t matter as much. I will probably still Dumpster Dive, and hoard a lot of those items, hehe!

Thank you for the compliment on my work! I have been working more, so I have had a hard time finding the time to draw. I did almost have a mini panic attack when I saw how many people had replied. I can’t imagine what would have happened if I didn’t cap it off right away! Soon though! I have a couple weeks off soon, and I can’t wait! I think it will be a good mental health break. cat_xd Did you draw the cute picture on your profile page?

Totally. o wo I'm glad that Switchem came back for Thanksgiving. Oh. Awesome! It's still up. I thought they would have removed it yesterday along with the end of the Black Friday sales.
The first time I tried, I beat level 7, but ran out of available moves on the board within four moves. <.<" I could understand if I were, like, 20 moves in... but after four!? D; I came back a day later and beat level 10. o wo ...And ran out of moves on level 11 after quite a few turns, so I'm okay with that. XD; ..... This is what Switchem is usually like. You can usually only get past the higher levels by using cash. .... Since it's up, I really should play again and get some gold to buy some gold shop items~~ XD
O: You'll definitely have to come post with me during NSTG's December event. <3 I totally felt the same way... but have been pushing myself to make more posts in this guild.

Oh shoot. I still haven't checked out Booty Grab. And, you know what? In my excitement, I forgot that BG is slow on my computer too. u .u; Oh Well. One or two game can't hurt too badly.

Oh wow. Awesome! That's cool that opening caches worked out as a steady income.

XD Yeah, as long as you stick to one outfit or style, you should be okay on this site. As soon as you want to start a collection or have multiple outfits.... you're doomed. @ .@
I really do love the Dumpster. It's what's keeping me clothed. xDD I know that I should sell some of the items I've found so that I can buy the items I want... but... I have too much fun trying to make a decent outfit out of the weird ones. And, heck, I've found some awesome items. Most of my arm and leg mods have come from that thing! The DD is the thing that's keeping me looking semi-current. XD

Yeah my friend liked doing freebies because she'd get final say over everything. Like, you still want to accommodate some requests... but you set the rules. Once people pay, they feel like they've got the right to nitpick every little detail. Many customers are great. ...But then you get those that are so nitpicky... keep telling you to change things... that it made her hate having a shop. ....... Buuuuttt~ you see, I wasn't the one having to deal with her customers. So, from my end, it looked worth it for the gold that she was getting. @ .@
I had an art shop... yeeeeeeaaaaaarrrsss ago... cheap one... but it wasn't too busy since it was drawn with just pencil and colored pencil. So my prices were low... and it was not worth the hassle of scanning everything in. D;
The art on my profile was actually done by seisei of DA. Awesome artist. My friend commissioned it as a gift for me. ^^;; At the time, I really appreciated the gift (still do). And I appreciated that the art was well done. I just didn't consider it to be my avatar because the artist took a lot of artistic liberties with my outfit. I do love when artists make it their own.... but it really looks absolutely nothing like the original avatar. XD I mean, she didn't even get my pointy elf ears that poked out from behind the headphones! D; But... in these later years... it's been a blessing because the artwork wouldn't look half as good if she had stayed true to the outfit. The original was orange, pink, gold, black and a touch of white.
I fashioned my profile around it a few years ago. :3 I used to change my profile every year or two... but... I still like this one. I'm quite proud of it. It's definitely the best one yet. c:

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Phaedrina

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:31 pm
sdrawkcab

Totally. o wo I'm glad that Switchem came back for Thanksgiving. Oh. Awesome! It's still up. I thought they would have removed it yesterday along with the end of the Black Friday sales.
The first time I tried, I beat level 7, but ran out of available moves on the board within four moves. <.<" I could understand if I were, like, 20 moves in... but after four!? D; I came back a day later and beat level 10. o wo ...And ran out of moves on level 11 after quite a few turns, so I'm okay with that. XD; ..... This is what Switchem is usually like. You can usually only get past the higher levels by using cash. .... Since it's up, I really should play again and get some gold to buy some gold shop items~~ XD
O: You'll definitely have to come post with me during NSTG's December event. <3 I totally felt the same way... but have been pushing myself to make more posts in this guild.

Oh shoot. I still haven't checked out Booty Grab. And, you know what? In my excitement, I forgot that BG is slow on my computer too. u .u; Oh Well. One or two game can't hurt too badly.

Oh wow. Awesome! That's cool that opening caches worked out as a steady income.

XD Yeah, as long as you stick to one outfit or style, you should be okay on this site. As soon as you want to start a collection or have multiple outfits.... you're doomed. @ .@
I really do love the Dumpster. It's what's keeping me clothed. xDD I know that I should sell some of the items I've found so that I can buy the items I want... but... I have too much fun trying to make a decent outfit out of the weird ones. And, heck, I've found some awesome items. Most of my arm and leg mods have come from that thing! The DD is the thing that's keeping me looking semi-current. XD

Yeah my friend liked doing freebies because she'd get final say over everything. Like, you still want to accommodate some requests... but you set the rules. Once people pay, they feel like they've got the right to nitpick every little detail. Many customers are great. ...But then you get those that are so nitpicky... keep telling you to change things... that it made her hate having a shop. ....... Buuuuttt~ you see, I wasn't the one having to deal with her customers. So, from my end, it looked worth it for the gold that she was getting. @ .@
I had an art shop... yeeeeeeaaaaaarrrsss ago... cheap one... but it wasn't too busy since it was drawn with just pencil and colored pencil. So my prices were low... and it was not worth the hassle of scanning everything in. D;
The art on my profile was actually done by seisei of DA. Awesome artist. My friend commissioned it as a gift for me. ^^;; At the time, I really appreciated the gift (still do). And I appreciated that the art was well done. I just didn't consider it to be my avatar because the artist took a lot of artistic liberties with my outfit. I do love when artists make it their own.... but it really looks absolutely nothing like the original avatar. XD I mean, she didn't even get my pointy elf ears that poked out from behind the headphones! D; But... in these later years... it's been a blessing because the artwork wouldn't look half as good if she had stayed true to the outfit. The original was orange, pink, gold, black and a touch of white.
I fashioned my profile around it a few years ago. :3 I used to change my profile every year or two... but... I still like this one. I'm quite proud of it. It's definitely the best one yet. c:

Hehe, here we go! Thank goodness for Word. cat_blaugh

Maybe we will come across something else we can make a guide on. I’d love to be able to help with something with the potential to create a legacy!

I have been having a fantastic time making avatars! I would be interested in seeing the guide you mentioned for how to make good-looking avatars. I quickly checked your help guide, but I didn’t see the link there. I haven’t personally bought anything from the cash shop yet, but there are some very nice items there. The only purchases I have made online are for products to be shipped to me. I’m not sure how I feel about purchasing pixels. Like you have said though, some of my cooler items definitely come from Dumpster Dive. Gosh, I love that thing!

I’m not up to date with new technologies, so I don’t have Netflix, and I haven’t even heart of Hulu. You’re ahead of me, because I don’t even have DVR. When I watch online, there are ads, but maybe only 4 sets of 3 short ads. I would love to have 15 second ads! You are spoiled! XD

I would like for Natalie to win, but as Jon is so physically powerful, I have a feeling he has a good chance at getting to the final three. Once there, he really has been very strategic, so he has a good chance of winning. What do you think?

Good eye! Yes, it was fox fur I was wearing. You had mentioned the fur previously, but when I saw the price drop I snatched it up. The fur opens up the potential for using some really fun animal items.

I like the idea of having different threads represent different rooms. The guild I looked into had all the conversations going on in one area, so it was confusing. I never did get around to reading all the background at the one guild, so I let my presence there fade. I know where it is, so I can always go back and explore later. I hope you get a chance to do some more creative writing soon!

I can’t remember what level I made it to on Switchem, but I had a blast playing. I did get a few cute items, and the gold is always a bonus. I hope they bring it back for Christmas! I can at least use my steaming Turkey for then, hehe! I did use some cash to get to the higher levels, but had to stop because I don’t have much cash to begin with.

I’m looking forward to seeing what is done both with Gaia, and with NSTG’s event! Based on the Halloween event, I may enjoy the NSTG event more than the main Gaia one. I kind of fell off the posting band wagon with the group this last bit, but I’m looking forward to the holidays.

I’m not sure how much people were able to make on Booty Grab before, but I am not making overly much. The most I got in one attempt was 200,000 gold, but I think this was a fluke as the rest were 100,000 or below. The game seemed to run at an okay speed today, but I’m not sure it would be worth doing only Booty Grab to make money.

I should almost chart the time I spend with the various gold earning strategies. It would be interesting to see which gold earning strategy comes out on top!

I did manage to save up 200 hearts to buy a chance item in an attempt to get wolf ears. I ended up getting some pink ones, but at least it was a start! I almost tried to sell the pink ears, but it looks like the market price is dropping so I will just hang onto them for now. I will wear a lot of things, but I’m not keep on pink. I did manage to find some cheap brown ears, so at least this will keep me animated for now!

I decided to rethink the last four freebies I have been working on. From my very brief observation of the freebie section, it seems some people just go around posting saying, “draw me”, but without reading anything or responding after the fact. Anyway, I posted asking people to respond if they are still interested in receiving a drawing. Two have gotten back to me so far, and I was able to finish one drawing yesterday. I found this a little less daunting than thinking of trying to get all four finished before the holiday season really hits full swing. I appreciate the feedback regarding accommodating requests and setting rules. I will probably spend a bit of time looking through some successful shops before making one of my own. I would have probably learned a lot had I done this with the freebie section. Have you done any drawing recently? I would love to see!

Very nice of your friend to commission the work for you! What did your original avatar look like? Do you have a picture, or do you still have the items? I would love to be able to compare.

I’m not sure how we are doing for keeping our conversations down, but it seems like maybe we are doing better than before! XD

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:31 pm
Maybe we will come across something else we can make a guide on. I’d love to be able to help with something with the potential to create a legacy!

I have been having a fantastic time making avatars! I would be interested in seeing the guide you mentioned for how to make good-looking avatars. I quickly checked your help guide, but I didn’t see the link there. I haven’t personally bought anything from the cash shop yet, but there are some very nice items there. The only purchases I have made online are for products to be shipped to me. I’m not sure how I feel about purchasing pixels. Like you have said though, some of my cooler items definitely come from Dumpster Dive. Gosh, I love that thing!

I’m not up to date with new technologies, so I don’t have Netflix, and I haven’t even heart of Hulu. You’re ahead of me, because I don’t even have DVR. When I watch online, there are ads, but maybe only 4 sets of 3 short ads. I would love to have 15 second ads! You are spoiled! XD

I would like for Natalie to win, but as Jon is so physically powerful, I have a feeling he has a good chance at getting to the final three. Once there, he really has been very strategic, so he has a good chance of winning. What do you think?

Good eye! Yes, it was fox fur I was wearing. You had mentioned the fur previously, but when I saw the price drop I snatched it up. The fur opens up the potential for using some really fun animal items.

I like the idea of having different threads represent different rooms. The guild I looked into had all the conversations going on in one area, so it was confusing. I never did get around to reading all the background at the one guild, so I let my presence there fade. I know where it is, so I can always go back and explore later. I hope you get a chance to do some more creative writing soon!

Heheeheh, sorry! I sat down to reply to this the other day. Then I realized that I had to work on some of the guides so I did that instead. > < ….And thennnn I’ve been playing the NSTG games. <.< >.> And thennnn I sat and drew something. XD;; Soooooooo here I go! Finally. Replying. >D I’m excited. ;D

Ooooo~~~ I like the way you talk. “A legacy.” Sounds awesome. @ 3@ Hahaha, we’ll come up with something! I’m sure of it. XD;

So~ I used to have the link to that guide in my signature. I removed it a long time ago. The guide was outdated. Since then, I’ve done major remodeling. I mean, I shouldn’t have. It’s not necessary any more. > < To make a good avatar, you just have to slap on a bunch of Cash Shop items of the same color scheme. Done. XD But, as I said before, I just find it hard to let that thread go. > <; SO! There’s now a link to it in my signature. It’s called “Avatar Making Guide.”
I wanted to rename it a long time ago, but I’d used the name for so long that I just couldn’t change it. XD;
Ahhhh… I had the same reservations. I gave in after a couple years on the site. My reasoning: I was buying the items anyway. However, I was spending hourrrrrssss posting and polling to get items that only cost $2.50. (We didn’t have the cash shop yet. Just the MCs.) It wasn’t cost effective. It freed up time. Also, I told myself that it was just like seeing a movie at the theater or buying a cup of coffee. All those things make me happy, but it’s not like I hold that movie or coffee in my hands a day later. With pixels, I still got to play with them over and over and over.
And, the other factor, I could afford to spend $5 here and there. …. Now I’ve gotten to the point where I feel like I’ve spent enough “here and there” on this site. I also feel like I’m missing out on lots of pretty items. XD;
But~ that was all before we had the ability to earn free Gaia Cash through the Cash Tree. Now I can’t quite justify spending when I can earn, like, 10gc per day. XDDD It adds up. Seriously. After Gaia made that announcement about the cash tree, I actually earned 230gc in one day. From the videos. O wO I really need to click the tree again, but just haven’t gotten to it. Gonna do that now. I currently have 481gc. I can almost buy an REI. >D

Ahhh, see, I just assume everyone else is up to date with technology. XD Yeah I got DVR a few years ago and just don’t want to give it up yet. <3 I record shows, then watch them whenever I want. And fast forward through commercials. And pause TV when I need to do something. It’s great! …. But I’d get the same thing from watching shows online. XD;;; but.. yeah…

Survivor Spoiler from 12/10!!
Oh! It’s funny you say Natalie. I want her to win too. I saw her and her sister on the Amazing Race. Wanted them to win that time too. XD I mean, they can get annoying at times with shouting “Twinny” over and over and over … but they were so entertaining. I came to like them. And Natalie is soooo good at the social game. A little too good. She’s put herself in a position where no one should want to go in the final with her.
And Jon… Jon was good too. I really thought he would make it further. He was too trusting, but I thought they would stay more loyal to him.
I’m so surprised at Keith. You said that you watch the challenges so you must have noticed how good at balance he is. He’s good. If he keeps winning challenges, I see him staying. Otherwise, I don’t think people want to sit with a fireman at the end of the game. They already said that with the other fireman. I can’t remember his name, but I liked him.
The mother/daughter… Baylor and Missy, right? Something like that. They’re a good team, but they need Natalie. Baylor is okay at strategy, but I think Natalie is doing her thinking for her. And Missy will follow Baylor.
Annddd… the last one. The blond girl. Yikes. I usually can remember her name. Anyway, she flips too easily depending on how people treat her. I sometimes agree with her moves, sometimes don’t. She’s good at reading people… sort of. I think she reacts too much based on gut feeling, but then doesn’t think her actions through. I didn’t see her staying until the end. However, now with Jon gone, they might actually keep her… I can’t think of anything she can say that would give her votes at tribal. Sure, she and Jon made moves together, but… she hasn’t stood out enough on her own. Sooo, if the others want to bring in someone easy to beat, I think she might be the one.

Awesome! I love a lot of the [animal] items. The plus side of going paw is that the Cash Shop items are usually cheaper than human items. The downside is that they get less updates and have less items to work with. > <
Also, I’ve been in that Paws forum. I’ll let you make up your own mind. However, I don’t like the paws community. All they talk about is how nice and sweet they all are. If you just read their posts, they sound loving. They weren’t very kind and loving once I started posting in there. They ignored most of my posts and only talk with the regulars of the forum. They also shun paws who are only part-time paw. The ones who switch back and forth between human and paw keep apologizing for only being half-paw. And… I don’t know. I swear there were more things. I tried posting in that forum on several different days.
Oh! And the newest thing is self-hate on paws who are using the elf skin. Because paws are apparently meant to only be animals and using elf skin makes you human. :/
But, heh, maybe you’ll find a different experience in that forum. > <

Totally and I hope you get a chance to visit that guild when you feel like getting into RPing. C:

And I'm cutting it here for now. <.< >.>

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Phaedrina

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:03 pm
sdrawkcab

Oops! I didn't see your reply until now. Bad friend! I'm just headed off now, but I will write back to you soon!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:47 pm
Phaedrina
sdrawkcab

Oops! I didn't see your reply until now. Bad friend! I'm just headed off now, but I will write back to you soon!

*laughs* It's all good! I figured you hadn't replied because my reply is only to the first half. <.< >.> Never put the 2nd half in. It's been sitting in a PM in my inbox because I had a sentence or two left. I kept forgetting to post it. Then I found out that you completed your quest! I wasn't event paying attention. D; So I didn't want to post in a closed thread after that. <.< >.> So. Yeah. It's my bad. > <  

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Phaedrina

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:06 pm
sdrawkcab

Heheeheh, sorry! I sat down to reply to this the other day. Then I realized that I had to work on some of the guides so I did that instead. > < ….And thennnn I’ve been playing the NSTG games. <.< >.> And thennnn I sat and drew something. XD;; Soooooooo here I go! Finally. Replying. >D I’m excited. ;D

Ooooo~~~ I like the way you talk. “A legacy.” Sounds awesome. @ 3@ Hahaha, we’ll come up with something! I’m sure of it. XD;

So~ I used to have the link to that guide in my signature. I removed it a long time ago. The guide was outdated. Since then, I’ve done major remodeling. I mean, I shouldn’t have. It’s not necessary any more. > < To make a good avatar, you just have to slap on a bunch of Cash Shop items of the same color scheme. Done. XD But, as I said before, I just find it hard to let that thread go. > <; SO! There’s now a link to it in my signature. It’s called “Avatar Making Guide.”
I wanted to rename it a long time ago, but I’d used the name for so long that I just couldn’t change it. XD;
Ahhhh… I had the same reservations. I gave in after a couple years on the site. My reasoning: I was buying the items anyway. However, I was spending hourrrrrssss posting and polling to get items that only cost $2.50. (We didn’t have the cash shop yet. Just the MCs.) It wasn’t cost effective. It freed up time. Also, I told myself that it was just like seeing a movie at the theater or buying a cup of coffee. All those things make me happy, but it’s not like I hold that movie or coffee in my hands a day later. With pixels, I still got to play with them over and over and over.
And, the other factor, I could afford to spend $5 here and there. …. Now I’ve gotten to the point where I feel like I’ve spent enough “here and there” on this site. I also feel like I’m missing out on lots of pretty items. XD;
But~ that was all before we had the ability to earn free Gaia Cash through the Cash Tree. Now I can’t quite justify spending when I can earn, like, 10gc per day. XDDD It adds up. Seriously. After Gaia made that announcement about the cash tree, I actually earned 230gc in one day. From the videos. O wO I really need to click the tree again, but just haven’t gotten to it. Gonna do that now. I currently have 481gc. I can almost buy an REI. >D

Ahhh, see, I just assume everyone else is up to date with technology. XD Yeah I got DVR a few years ago and just don’t want to give it up yet. <3 I record shows, then watch them whenever I want. And fast forward through commercials. And pause TV when I need to do something. It’s great! …. But I’d get the same thing from watching shows online. XD;;; but.. yeah…

Survivor Spoiler from 12/10!!
Oh! It’s funny you say Natalie. I want her to win too. I saw her and her sister on the Amazing Race. Wanted them to win that time too. XD I mean, they can get annoying at times with shouting “Twinny” over and over and over … but they were so entertaining. I came to like them. And Natalie is soooo good at the social game. A little too good. She’s put herself in a position where no one should want to go in the final with her.
And Jon… Jon was good too. I really thought he would make it further. He was too trusting, but I thought they would stay more loyal to him.
I’m so surprised at Keith. You said that you watch the challenges so you must have noticed how good at balance he is. He’s good. If he keeps winning challenges, I see him staying. Otherwise, I don’t think people want to sit with a fireman at the end of the game. They already said that with the other fireman. I can’t remember his name, but I liked him.
The mother/daughter… Baylor and Missy, right? Something like that. They’re a good team, but they need Natalie. Baylor is okay at strategy, but I think Natalie is doing her thinking for her. And Missy will follow Baylor.
Annddd… the last one. The blond girl. Yikes. I usually can remember her name. Anyway, she flips too easily depending on how people treat her. I sometimes agree with her moves, sometimes don’t. She’s good at reading people… sort of. I think she reacts too much based on gut feeling, but then doesn’t think her actions through. I didn’t see her staying until the end. However, now with Jon gone, they might actually keep her… I can’t think of anything she can say that would give her votes at tribal. Sure, she and Jon made moves together, but… she hasn’t stood out enough on her own. Sooo, if the others want to bring in someone easy to beat, I think she might be the one.

Awesome! I love a lot of the [animal] items. The plus side of going paw is that the Cash Shop items are usually cheaper than human items. The downside is that they get less updates and have less items to work with. > <
Also, I’ve been in that Paws forum. I’ll let you make up your own mind. However, I don’t like the paws community. All they talk about is how nice and sweet they all are. If you just read their posts, they sound loving. They weren’t very kind and loving once I started posting in there. They ignored most of my posts and only talk with the regulars of the forum. They also shun paws who are only part-time paw. The ones who switch back and forth between human and paw keep apologizing for only being half-paw. And… I don’t know. I swear there were more things. I tried posting in that forum on several different days.
Oh! And the newest thing is self-hate on paws who are using the elf skin. Because paws are apparently meant to only be animals and using elf skin makes you human. :/
But, heh, maybe you’ll find a different experience in that forum. > <

Totally and I hope you get a chance to visit that guild when you feel like getting into RPing. C:

And I'm cutting it here for now. <.< >.>

Between work and home, my life has gotten very hectic. Sadly, I have little time to come online. However, it was very important to me to make the time to get back to you, so I put aside time in little bits so I could write back to our epic conversation.

How are your guides coming along? When I last looked at the one guide you were working on, you were making great progress. I like the description of color coordination, as it is often something I forget about. Remodeling is a big project! I find organizing almost therapeutic, so I hope you are able to enjoy the process. There are so many pretty items on here, I can completely understand buying items here and there. It is funny you mentioned comparing your purchases to movies, because that used to be my main comparison when I would buy anything. For example, if this item is worth three movies out, but I will get more than double the entertainment value with the time I will get out if it, etc.

How is your drawing going? I got to see some of the drawing you did with the previous NSTG event, and thought you did a great job. The drawing I was doing before was so time intensive, I unfortunately had to take a bit of a break. I would like to finish up what I have promised already, but I’m heading into a busy season at work, so I may have to put it on hold until the fall or something. Time will tell. I am amazed at how much I have been able to get done when I haven’t been spending as much time on here. Granted, these are things I have to get done, but it is a good reminder to me to spread my time around rather than just focus all on one thing.

I do like the Gaia Cash, but I found it hard to know when to save and when to spend, so stopped collecting. I always worry I will miss out on some fantastic item I will fall in love with. When I did have around 100 GC in the past, I spent it, but probably would have been better saving up for something else. You mentioned you are saving up for REI? What is that? I checked the marketplace, and it looks like a bundle? I’m not sure, as sometimes I am not the best searcher.

Speaking of Survivor, I see the next season has started! What do you think about the split with the three tribes? I got a kick out of them starting fire. Oops, I’ll wait to hear if you have seen it before I say anything more. Did you want to try to guess who will make it to the end? I don’t think they have shown all the players yet, so we would wait until the show was a bit farther in. Sometimes they switch the focus to someone else once drama is finished and the instigator gets voted off.

As for the last season, I was happy with how it ended. I did watch Keith, and was blown away with how well he did. Because of his age I didn’t think he would make it as far as he did, but then when you watch him do the challenges it made complete sense why he was still in the game. I hope I can stay in shape like he did. I really liked your insight on the other players as well; they were all pretty spot on. I found Baylor and Missy a little annoying, because whenever they were together I always thought back to them and their gluttony with the rice early on. I always make sure to watch the tribal, because it is so interesting how everything comes together. As a player it would be so difficult keeping the balance between making moves, and not making moves big enough to get you voted off.

I should save the animal items for you. I tried using them before, but the proportion isn’t always pleasing to the eye, and they are really quite restricted. I have noticed there are very few backgrounds for them too, which is a shame. I like how the backgrounds really make the avatar shine. I am sad to hear you didn’t have a good experience with the Paws Forum. I find talking in the NSTG forums so comfortable, I think my view of the rest of the forums have been skewed slightly. I can’t think of a single time I haven’t had anything but a positive experience with the NSTG. I can’t say the same for other places I’ve posted, especially the Chatterbox forum. Personally, I can’t imagine apologizing for changing my avatar, to or from human or animal. It would be nice if they embraced the flexibility of the site and the avatar creation. But that’s just me.

I did manage to find an outlet for RP, but unfortunately it isn’t on Gaia. I haven’t been on there much, because of the restriction with my time on the computer. I did get to try it for a bit awhile back, and I really loved it. There is some ability to personalize your character and outfit as well, which was a pleasant surprise. It really helps bring some depth into the role play when people can look at you and use what they see to guide their initial reactions.

☆ Item Quests

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff