Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply First Year Classes
Herbology I (1/4) *New Class 2/10* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 1:33 pm
        User ImageUser Image

Sybil walked into Herbology a little less terrified than she had been the previous class. Professor Hill at least thought they were competent, didn't he? Of course, he probably thought that more of those whom had answered the question. Either way, it was nice to know he didn't totally hate their class yet...yet was probably the key word there. Either way, Sybil was going to try her best to stay in his good graces, it didn't seem that he was one you wanted to get on your bad side... For their second class, they were learning about spiky bushes, a plant that Sybil had dealt with in her mother's own garden. They were simple to deal with, really. Of course, her mother or father had to stun the plant for Sybil if she ever had to deal with them, of course that may be changing sometime soon. Either way, Sybil knew this would be a simple lesson, it was basically review on what she already knew. Once Professor Hill was finished with his lecture, Sybil went over to one of the spiky bushes, pulling on her gloves, and was able to gently move the leaves and find a yellow thorn with ease. As soon as she found her first thorn, Sybil continued looking, just to occupy her time.

User Image

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 7:32 pm
LOCATION » Herbology classroom/greenhouse.
COMPANY » Professor Hill, Tristan, Sybil and other first years.
WEARING » Ravenclaw Robes.
OOC » Guard bushes!

User Image

User Image

Sophie managed not to jump as Professor Hill magically closed and locked the greenhouse doors. Not entirely sure what they would be doing today, she didn't get out anything just yet. But when he told the class to equip their dragonhide gloves, she hurriedly burrowed into her bag to find them and slip them on. She'd have to take notes after class as she couldn't with these on.

She wasn't too keen to get closer to the bushes as the Professor described their aggressiveness, but her interest was re-peaked when he said that they were a common wizarding garden plant. And that they were basically 'guard-bushes'. That made her mouth open wide in amazement before quickly closing it with a smile. The magical world was so cool. Her dad would love one of these.

As he told them together into groups of four, Sophie immediately glanced at Tristan as she stepped towards the bush Sybil was at. "Wana group?" He might have Slytherin friends he was already grouping up with, but he might not as well. "Can I join you Sybil?" She asked of her fellow Ravenclaw. Assuming her answer was along the lines of 'yes', Sophie would proceed to gently and carefully find a thorn.

⊰━━━━━━ ✕ ✖ ✕ ✖ ✕ ✖ ✖ ✕ ✖ ✕ ✖ ✕ ━━━━━━━⊱

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Diamond Wales

Essy ze Ninja

Arkendrai

Sophia Lin Knols

Distinct Browser

1,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:47 pm
User Image _______________________________________

User Image User Image

Attentive, Tristan inched closer to the plants in question, though he was still stuck to his desk for the duration of the lecture. It was short and sweet enough, (ha!) but it was short, at least. Straight to the point, he liked that. He plucked his dragonhide gloves from his satchel, pulled them on to his elbows and eagerly awaited to inspect the plants. His father never owned one, their home garden had always been rather small and quaint, considering the real garden was the forest they lived within. Can't really find a domesticated spiky bush out in the wilderness, unfortunately. When finally given the okay to shuffle along with the rest of his classmates, Sophie popped up at his side, he offered a nonchalant shrug and nodded. ”Sure,” then followed her along towards another Ravenclaw, Sybil, actually, and greeted her with a quick nod. ”Well... aren't you mates just the talkative bunch?” Tristan mused, scanning for a reaction while trying too hard to seem like he was busy away at work with the thorned bush.

[OOC: ]

∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷
                                          LOCATION:: Herbology Greenhouse】 【COMPANY:: Sophie and Sybil】 【ATTIRE:: Slytherin Uniform】 【STATS:: Slytherin, 4'9", 98lbs

Sophia Lin Knols
Arkendrai

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:00 pm
        User ImageUser Image

Sybil looked up at Sophia, and before she could even respond the other Ravenclaw was at the bush. Sybil just shrugged slightly and went back to the plant, muttering a quick "Why not...?" As she went back to work searching. Along with Sophia came Tristan, which Sybil didn't at all mind -- they'd talked before, and Sybil didn't dislike him. She actually thought she was growing to like the Slytherin. She glanced up when Tristan pointed out how quiet they were. "What's there to talk about?" She asked, raising her eyebrows a bit. "We're in Herbology searching for spikes on a plant, which isn't terribly difficult, as long as you're careful. Not much of a conversation starter there."

User Image
        Sophia Lin Knols

Essy ze Ninja

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

Sophia Lin Knols

Distinct Browser

1,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:40 pm
LOCATION » Herbology classroom/greenhouse.
COMPANY » Professor Hill, Tristan, Sybil and other first years.
WEARING » Ravenclaw Robes.
OOC » Guard bushes!

User Image

User Image

Sophie could tell that Sybil wasn't very enthusiastic about grouping with them, but she didn't seem to openly protest either, so that was good enough for her. As they set to their task, each gathering around and gently prodding the bush, Tristan's comment made her smile. She was about to make a wise crack back when Sybil replied first.

"Who says we can only talk about what we're doing at any given moment? We could talk about all sorts of things. Like the conversion rate of pounds to galleons or how fast owl post is or maybe what's for lunch or if I can smuggle one of these bushes to my parents? See? All sorts of things."

The brunette smiled crookedly before it dropped as she looked back at the bush, having felt something. "Oh, there's a thorn." She pointed it out for the other two to see.

⊰━━━━━━ ✕ ✖ ✕ ✖ ✕ ✖ ✖ ✕ ✖ ✕ ✖ ✕ ━━━━━━━⊱

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Essy ze Ninja

Arkendrai

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:11 pm
~ New Year ~

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:26 pm
User Image
                                                      ɚSo what if you can see the darkest side of me?
                                                      No one will ever change this animal I have become

User Image
                                                      ════════════════════════

Sʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Oᴡɴᴇʀ, Dᴏɢᴡᴇᴇᴅ & Dᴇᴀᴛʜᴄᴀᴘs || Hᴇʀʙᴏʟᴏɢʏ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ

════════════════════════

Jason took a seat on the table in front of the greenhouse. He watched as the students filed in, and he crossed his arms as he waited for everyone to find a seat. This was his first class with the students, and he wanted to be sure that they understood what was expected. Otherwise, he figured there would be a lot of tears and frustrations. As well as students being kicked from his class until they listened to instruction.

As the last students filed in, he flicked his wand, the doors shutting and locking immediately before he stood. His eyes bored into the children before him.
                                                      "My name is Professor Hill, and I am your Herbology instructor. For those of you that will not read the rules on the board, I will repeat them now. Lateness will not be tolerated as I will lock the door when class begins. If you should not listen to instructions, I will remove you from the greenhouse without hesitation. Any harm befalling any of the plants in this greenhouse will result in me removing you from the greenhouse immediately. You will behave as civilized individuals or you will suffer the punishment befitting your misconduct. All assignments will be turned in on time or I will dock points from your house for it. And last, you have any disagreements with me, you will be shown the door and I will not hesitate to flunk you for that portion of the course. Is any of that unclear?"

The werewolf waited for confirmation that everyone understood the rules of the class before he started in with his lecture. "For our first class, we will discuss the basics of the subject, and familiarize yourself with working with living things. Whereas most of your other classes do not involve dealing with living organisms and only with dead specimens, this class is the exception. Every plant in this greenhouse is alive, and I intend to keep them that way, which means that you will be proficient wit the basics before we go into the actual courseload. Now, please stand and introduce yourself. Name and house are the only information necessary."

"Now, down to a real question. Anyone know what the basic tools are that are used for Herbology? Ten points for the student that can list them accurately."

════════════════════════
                                                      Thinking: Remember, I applied myself, don't maim the students so early on...
                                                      OOC:

ɚHelp me believe it's not the real me
                                                      Somebody help me tame this animal I have become

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:18 pm
When we went off away from the forest-
We did travel far to get a taste of so much more.
We dug up the roots of all the stories...
Put them in a pot and brought them to a fiery roar!
We fed on these things without a worry;
Never gave a thought to the coming of the winter storm.
Gone away, gone away, what was yesterday?
Make a meal, make a bed, tuck your feet in-
And resting elbows twice on a table can be nice;
But the comforts, they can be deceiving.

User Image
ᶜ ʸ ᴿ ᵁ ˁ
ᴱ ᶻ ᴱ ᴷ ᴵ ᴱ ᴸ
ᴸ ᴵ ᴸ ᴸ ᴬ ᴺ ᵀ ᴵ ᴺ ᴱ

ᴾᵁᴿᴱᴮᴸᴼᴼᴰᵀᴴᴵᴿᴰ ᴮᴼᴿᴺˁᴸʸᵀᴴᴱᴿᴵᴺᶠᴵᴿˁᵀ ʸᴱᴬᴿ

Herbology was Cy's last class of the week, and the only class of the day, making it a bit of a bother to have to get ready to go to, since other than for that one hour, his Friday was entirely free. Still, at least it was in the afternoon. He liked to sleep late whenever he could, though he had to be careful if he wanted to eat, since breakfast wasn't served after nine in the morning. There was always the kitchens, but he hadn't figured how to get into them yet. He was still exploring the dungeons, which would end up taking him all year, they were so massive. He was one of the first in the greenhouse, after the professor, of course. This wasn't a class he'd necessarily been looking forward to, but he doubted he'd hate it as much as his brother seemed to, and he knew his sister didn't particularly care for it, either. He didn't mind the chance to be outside, at least, even if the professor addressed them all like hardened criminals. What, previous bad teaching experiences? It always amused Cy when authority figures asked if things were clear; his father was fond of it. As if anyone was going to say 'no, sir, could we possibly go over it one more time, pretty please?'. Well. He might, but he wanted to make a good first impression. He stood up when asked to, another familiar motion from his childhood. Stand up. Sit down. Look me in the eyes. Straighten up. Oh dear, the 'only information necessary'. The chatterboxes would be weeping tonight over the fact that they hadn't gotten the chance to inform the rest of the class about their stamp collection and whatnot. "Cyrus Lillantine, Slytherin," he said brightly, then sat back down.

OOC:
Username

Now the seasons are not what they once seemed-
The berries all are green though the sun is at a fine high crest...
We lifted our shirts up in a hurry-
Reaching for the belly hollow from the long cold rest!
We slept off all the fat, but they'll be no more of that,
'Cause there must be some disease 'neath the canopy!
Swinging tails from trees, we can gather we need-
Give away what we had a fair share of...
And now the forks and knives with the sacrifice;
With a pair only some can believe in.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:41 pm
User Image
Siobhan 'Hannah' Grey
HufflepuffFirst YearEleven Years OldSingle

Hannah faced the last class of her week with a bit of trepidation. She wasn't overly fond of mucking about with plants, and never really spent time with her mother or Mother Grey in her extensive gardens, and she'd been warned about Professor Hill by her cousin, and other students. While Linny might have loved the class and considered the Professor to be one of her favourites, she seemed to be in the minority.

Taking care to arrive a little early, so she wouldn't be locked out of the greenhouse, she caught sight of a man whom looked like the devil himself and might eat students rather than teach them anything. When he started the class, he gave them a litany of things which would get them removed from his presence, and knew he meant every word of it.

"Hannah Grey, Hufflepuff," was the only intelligent thing she could come up with to say, when she stood up, before sitting back down.

OOC:

Username

User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:11 pm
User Image

User Image

First Year │ Hufflepuff │ Pureblood

Kai walked into Herbology, his last class of the week. He knew the class got a bad rep from loads of people, but he was willing to try it out. He had never actually worked with plants before. Walking in, he immediately noticed the professor's stern gaze and appearance. He didn't like it. It reminded him of his father in the bad part of his life, maybe a year or so before his death. Then his gaze turned to the two others who were already seated in the class, Cyrus who he had met on the boat and a girl named Hannah who was in his house but who he never talked to.

Seating himself beside Cyrus, he stood up when it came his turn, glad that there weren't many people gathered yet. "Kai Bannister, Hufflepuff."

Name Here

OOC:

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:54 pm
User Image
xx❀ Clementine (Minnie) Fenwick ❀xx
xxxx<Hufflepuff>

❀Your very first day ❀ Autumn 2030
❀Take a deep breath girl ❀ you look fine.
❀Take a deep breath as you walk through the doors ❀ Herbology I

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Minnie loved the outdoors and was excited by the prospect of herbology, or was until she saw the professor and was greeted with the rest of her peers so harshly. And you couldn't disagree about anything? That was mental. No one could agree on anything. She wondered whatever happened to the man to make him so grumpy. Maybe it was just a bad day or something. He could have got up on the wrong side of the bed? Or maybe he liked to scare the students early so they behaved better. That must be it! The scariness was put on extra hard so they were more serious. After all plants were living things like he said. When it came to her turn to introduce herself she jumped up and said quickly, "I'm Clementine Fenwick, a Hufflepuff" and then sat back down. She didn't want to make a bad first impression so she would keep it short as possible like asked.

An honest soul, quick to a decision.
Allow me to make my own honest, quick decision.
You'll find a family in the house of...
Hufflepuff!

{OoC: }
murruelecreuset

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:08 pm
User Image
xxxxxMordred Taylor Seftonxxxxx
1st Year Ravenclaw

Mordred didn't know what to make of Herbology. It wasn't like he hated plants or loathed dirt or anything, but gardening? That was what the class was basically right? He didn't see how having a green thumb was a necessary core of being a wizard or witch but the extra information couldn't hurt either way. Even if he planned to live in some apartment or flat someday without a yard he could spruce the place up with a plant after this and not worry about it dying. Beyond that the usefulness was hard to see, but knowledge never hurt. When it came to his turn he stood and said, "Mordred Sefton. I'm in Ravenclaw."

Looking: Witty

{OoC: }
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:17 pm
User Image __________________________________________

User Image User Image

'Be careful around him,' the words of her brother rang clear as a bell in her mind, it was a warning against the herbology professor, the one warning she ought to heed, if she bothered too at all. She juggled a pair of dice in one hand, clinking the numbers together and unleashed the pair on an empty desk in the back of the room. 'Evens, you listen, odds, you don't,' she gambled, chewed her lip as she tucked her shortened skirt against her bum and slid into her seat while the last die spun on its corner until it dropped. 'One and two,' she read the dice in her mind, 'odd it is.' Soon it was her turn, she dragged her chair back and rose to her feet to speak for half a moment before disappearing in the crowd of introductions. ”Carmilla Sanguina, Gryffindor.” Deadpanned and serious, one would never guess she had been blatantly lying unless they knew the truth (or spotted the trim of green on her robes instead of the red...)

[OOC: ]

LOCATION:: Herbology Class 】 【COMPANY:: First Years 】 【ATTIRE:: house robes and jewelry 】 【STATS:: Eleven, 4'8", 94lbs

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:17 pm
User Image
User Image

Having seated himself near the front of the room, Liam watched as the other students filled in the gaps at the tables around him until the professor locked the doors. A notebook and quill already in front of him, he listed each of the teacher's requirements in full in a neat, cursive script, easily able to keep up with the professor's speed of speech.

After several of his other classmates had already introduced himself, the girl Liam had noticed with the cards on the boat ride to the castle stood up to introduce herself. Savannah, was it? he questioned himself, trying to remember the name that had been called prior to her sorting into Slytherin. As if in answer to his question, she introduced herself, but as a stranger of a house to which Liam knew she didn't belong. Why would she lie? he wondered, slightly offended at her behavior. Because she's a Slytherin, of course his more logical side replied, eyeing the trim of green hiding on along her robes. He stared at her blankly, partly thinking she might be trying to stir up trouble for herself, but also curious whether she was testing her peers. Either way, it was none of his business.

The boy took advantage of a prolonged moment of silence and stood up to make his own introduction.
"Liam Cade, sir. Ravenclaw." Cold hands gripped the seat of his chair as he sat back down, scooting himself forward until his chest was nearly touching the table.

He considered jumping on the opportunity to answer the first question regarding the course topic, but held off, not only to avoid making a stereotypical reputation for himself so soon, but to assess which of his classmates would make the best partner later on in the class, should it prove necessary. Although he highly preferred working alone, Liam would be logical in choosing such an alliance, rather than basing it off of friendship or sheer opportunity.

Essy ze Ninja

User Image

Porcelaine Ivory

First Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out