Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 4e] Desert Winds
Desert Wind Chapter #1: Playing Samurai and Indians Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:44 pm
"Ugh..." Jinyu-Zhe would groan. "This expedition seems to be lasting forever. Has it really only been days? It feels like months," he would complain. "We should have brought one of the Unicorn's Ki-Rin Wardogs with us to help us hunt, so you wouldn't have to-" he started to say to his wife.

Whoosh!
Maul!
Whump!

"..... huh."

Looking to the hawk perched in the tree, he would then bow his head and offer a prayer of thanks.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:53 pm
glory sieg

paidi tou selini

rain yupa

mongooseh

raganui minamoto

OK, with winter done and things settling down, I'd like to apologize for letting this slide (again) However, I want all of you to roll on perception/investigation if you're still with the campaign with a -5 penalty.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Paidi tou Selini rolled 8 10-sided dice: 1, 1, 10, 3, 6, 8, 5, 8 Total: 42 (8-80)

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:41 am
"I know, right!?" she called back, softly so she didn't overly disturb her prey, taking close aim and-! ...watching it get swooped away and given as a gift to her husband. She could only blink a few times, purse her lips- ...and shrug it off. These things were not necessarily uncommon, even if she couldn't exactly say she wasn't a bit envious. "Hm."

[5k3 Perception/Investigation -5 = 22]  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:31 am
Jinyu-Zhe would dismount only long enough to scoop up the rabbit by the ears, before riding over to Aneksi with his... er, prize.

"Not quite the honeymoon gift I would have wanted to give you, but it spares you an arrow you can repurpose to much more glorious means," he would say with a hint of bemusement in his voice.

"And while these two days have felt like..." He would pause, crunching some numbers in his head. "... about one hundred and fifty-three, I'd gladly have a day to become an eternity, if it were spent by your side, my dearest." He would smile warmly at her, before it turned into a sillier one.

"I just didn't think that such an arrangement would include such varied company. I should have read the fine kanji more closely."  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:07 pm
Your erstwhile leader leads you through the slowly being reclaimed fields of the Ivory Colonies and onto a good campsite for the night while you make your surveys of the lands you are passing through.....or sleeping off in the supply wagon. During the night you hear the cries of the night animals,,,and maybe the sounds of a nearby village. The GM is willing to assume you all have shifts worked out and the like.

DAY 3
Food Supplies: 6 days
Distance Away from the Main Body: Apx 1 day at normal speed.
Question: Is the leader going to pick things up or slow down?
Question: What are you searching for? Chances are you could find anything.  
Mongooseh rolled 6 10-sided dice: 10, 4, 4, 9, 5, 9 Total: 41 (6-60)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:40 pm
Shinjo couldn't stand the lovely couple and spent most of the night patrolling keeping a look out for would be ambushes.

<4k2 investigation w/2 in case of explosions. Result: 24 >  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
Rain Yupa rolled 6 10-sided dice: 5, 8, 6, 6, 3, 8 Total: 36 (6-60)

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:06 am
@ Next day:

For this next day of the excursion, Jinyu-Zhe would only look for something towards the end of the day: An adequate place to rest that would be well-suited to tending to the horses, who have been working extra hard for us!

Void Point for a rank in Hunting, and a raise to find a place to set up camp that is horse-friendly! 4k3, with 2 dice for explosions: 20 (15 after raise).
1/2 void points spent for Day 3  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 6 10-sided dice: 9, 7, 8, 9, 2, 5 Total: 40 (6-60)
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:40 am
Misaki was tired of this already. Late to bed, early to rise and none of it did him any good. He'd always required more sleep than others to really feel ready for the day. Still, he had a job to do, so he'd do it damn it. Of course, this drew his mind towards other things about his work, thus occupying his time with thoughts on what known bands of ronin and bandits may be about here.

Lore: Underworld to go over what roving bands of thieves and ronin we may come across.

Void Point for +1k1
4k3 - 26  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Paidi tou Selini rolled 8 10-sided dice: 6, 4, 1, 3, 6, 5, 8, 2 Total: 35 (8-80)

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:21 pm
"Well that's... oddly specific." she responded bemusedly, adapting a playful smile. "But that's just fine. I have other honeymoon gifts in mind~ ...and yes, you should have. What do I have you for if not to do the reading for me?"

The young Shiotome took the the last shift before the break of dawn to make... tent activity... at the start of the night more convenient, but otherwise didn't change her plans much come daytime. Though she did decide to increase the pace a bit, aiming to leave them a day and a half ahead of the caravan by the end of the day.

[5k3 Perception/Hunting to search for suitable food = 16]  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:34 pm
DAY 4
Food Supplies 5.5 days
Distance Away from the Main Body: Apx 1 1/2 day at normal speed.
Question: Are you going to investigate/ use the small building?
Question: Is the leader going to keep up this pace?
Question: How do you set up watches and what do you do in the night?
Question: What exact game is Aneksi going for? Does she keep to Rokugan norms for Seijun and Misaki or go full out?

mongooseh

Shinjo Asura would find a bit of dirty white cloth and a bit of dirty red cloth during his search for places the party could be potentially ambushed from, as well as a few spent and broken arrows. Someone already ambushed someone else here. The fight seemed to be a stalemate between the two parties. Both fleeing in ways that weren't along your route.

Rain Yupa

Congratulations! You find a sturdily built but abandoned building along the path. There are troughs for horses near it although they are badly decayed. There is a spring nearby and the grass is well overgrown. Do you wish to investigate?

Raganui Minamoto
Between your knowledge and your instincts, you know that you're reaching the fringe that Rokugani bandits cling to.You also know that if the Great Clans had scores they wanted to be settled quietly, here is the place they do it.

Paidi tou Selini

The order to pick up the speed has impacted your ability to hunt a little. All you find is a pair of game birds that barely make a meal between them.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:16 am
"I suggest we all be careful. We're beginning to hit lesser traveled areas, meaning we may need to deal with bandits that think we're to be easy prey."  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:34 am
Seijun stayed more than a little to herself, busying herself between idle meditation and the odd drawing with her charcoal and parchment. The images didn't make too much sense and certainly weren't in relation to her journey. Considering the monk for who she was, it was most likely just tattoo ideas, right?  

Glory Sieg

Dangerous Grabber

11,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:08 pm
"Commander!" Jinyu-Zhe would announce in an overly formal tone as he rode up closer to his wife Aneksi. "I have a report! I have located a suitable shelter for us and the horses to hunker down for the night and recover our stamina, Commander Tsuma Ma'am!"

Jinyu-Zhe did his best to imitate a properly-trained obedient soldier, though if Aneksi were to look at him, the facade would fade away and he'd smile broadly at her.

If pressed, he would indicate where he spotted the structure.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:50 am
Aneksi would look to where here husband pointed and then looked back at him. Jinyu-Zhe would notice the tiredness of her face as Aneksi would suddenly collapse! Due to a life time of training, a near supernatural bond with her mount, and stirrups, Aneksi slumps forward, along the steed's neck.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
[L5R 4e] Desert Winds

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers