Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[ORP] A Spread for the Deck: The Tarot Clutch Feast Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:46 am
Dorianus

He chuckled softly at Karone's words, he did seem like he had been here for a while because of his need and want to know everything. Was it also better that he was older then most? Or was it because he had a plan figured out if he didn't impress? He didn't have all of his hopes and dreams on finding a dragon, if it didn't happen.

The glance from Karone after he finished speaking made it evident he wanted to know about his search. Dorianus shrugged as he found a pausing point in his eating. "It was before threadfell, so maybe a turn and couple seven days I've been here." He shrugged, length of time, he didn't bother trying to keep that straight. "When I was approached by the searchrider, I didn't plan on going with them. I had just walked the tables as a journeyman surgical healer, I had plans to go on to become a master." He paused some, his eyes staring into the distance. "My grandfather was the one who suggested I go and I took his advice. Threadfell a month after I had arrived here."

"I will admit, perhaps the emotion of not being picked don't bother me as much because if I am not picked and I age out, I plan to go back home and continue to work on becoming a Master."

Teiha

------------------------------------------------
Dr'stan and Ddraigth

Dr'stan had gone and grabbed food and drink, having found a place to sit and eat, chatting with some of his fellow riders and some of the other holders who were there. He was aware of Ddraigth keeping an eye on the hatchlings, he had never known that his dragon had a soft spot for children. We go and play with the cerche children every week and you didn't know I like children? Dr'stan smirked at this and Ddraigth shook his head some.

The figure of Alumet walking through the crowd with her Zenobiath caught his attention and Dr'stan watched her for a moment. Excusing himself, he figured he would congratulate the young woman he had met before at the lake in the bowl when he had been bathing Ddraigth.

He crossed the room towards her, moving so that he would intersect her from the front, instead of coming up behind her. Once he was in front of her, he saluted her and then bowed deeply. "It seems you have come into the most beautiful dragon of all." He straightened up as he said this, a smile on his lips as he looked at the young woman. "I wanted to come and congratulate you and yours." His eyes moved to look from Alumet to Zenobiath. "She is very beautiful."

Greetings, Zenobiath. Ddraigth reached out to the young gold from where he sat on the edges of everything.

-_Wish of Tevarae_-
Since that rp hasn't gone far yet, I don't know if they would have introduced themselves, though the might have.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
A'dras and Gareth

A'dras watched as the young man handed over the money and the other accepted it. He kept his eyes upon them even as the firelizard moved from the other man's shoulder, Gareth keeping him informed from the conversation he was having with Kraketh.

It happens sometimes. Gareth chuckled softly before he returned to listening to what Kraketh was telling him. Was he trying to backtrack from what he had said before? Had projecting his thoughts to everyone around really been an accident? Gareth could understand feeling pressure because of the color of your hide, he was glad his A'dras didn't have much of a need to climb very high, even if Gareth did wish to go a bit higher then they already were. Being without a weyr when thread is not falling is relaxing. I will admit that. My A'dras and I had left our home of Monaco and were mercenaries for a time, though with the return to therad we were quick to rejoin. I could not imagine not helping to fight and protect those around.

"Well then, if that is the end of the business." A'dras spoke as if he was going to walk off, but he didn't, his eyes still watching them, waiting for them to leave one another. "Keep another spectacle from happening." The meaning behind his words were clear. If it happened again at this feast he would not be the only one handling it.

Andranis

Starwberri Stardust

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:06 am
Tyra and Orodreth

Dressed in her leathers, Tyra was late to arrive to the feast. It had taken Orodreth's prodding to get Tyra to even leave her weyr to go to the feast. The idea of going around so many people was not something she cared about doing, but when Orodreth reminded her that there had been a girl who impressed a blue, it got her attention. She patted Orodreth's neck, hesitant to leave his side and join the crowds. He gently nudged her, sending her relaxing feelings, trying to get her to calm down. He knew she was hungry as well, she hadn't eaten after the hatching, having gone back to their weyr to do some work.

Having centered herself, Tyra moved into the feast, moving towards the tables that were burdened with food. She was placing things on a plate when she noticed V'rind, a fellow lady bluerider with a man at her side. Tyra didn't know the man who was suddenly attached to V'rind, she had seen the two of them together a couple of times. "V'rind." She nodded her head to her friend as she moved over to them, her eyes watching T'at watching him warily as she didn't know him. "You seem to have gained a few pounds, I suppose if you were to have a growth you can't do any better in the look department."

Orodreth moved along the side, finding Krahsujunth along the edge farther way from everyone. Orodreth sat down beside him. Enjoying the night Krasujunth? He could tell that the other was a bit moody and was hoping having a friend nearby might help him cheer up some.

ShinosBee

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

Masterharper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:21 pm
Teiha

Clusi & Macuith

Macuith was pleased to get such a nice visual. The blue dragonet's eyes whirled a happy blue-green, and he mused over the picture of the other. A handsome and good looking Candidate to be sure, certainly. No wonder Le'x was anxious! Do not worry, Kratoth! We will find your rider's boy friend, and make sure they are happily ever reuinted. C'lusi had all sorts of male friends, surely this was no different. Today was too happy a day to keep such friends apart.

Now, if only he were bigger. The blue realized he was at a bit of a disadvantage. There were others who was so much taller, and he was but a little blue. Still, he tried to find someone who matched the others image, and let his eyes drift admiringly over all the people at the Hatching. Ooh, that one was cute. And that one wore such a pretty color, how divine. And what about that handsome -- oh, they were a woman. But still ever so handsome. And that one had red hair but was too tall. And that one too short. And that one didn't look anything at all like the picture, but was handsome in his own right.

Macuith couldn't resist sharing a few of those he admired with his rider. To suddenly have thoughts and images not his own enter his mind was shocking, to say the least. Especially as they seemed to be all sorts of men. [i}Macuith, dear heart, whatever are you doing? He hated to ask, because he felt he should know, and yet... No, he didn't need to have pictures of the Weyrleader in his head, thankyouvermuch. Or of V'mel -- yeesh.

But he is quite muscled, isn't he? It was purely innocent and complimentary, but it did not help explain anything to his rider.
Thankfully, the blue dragon felt his riders confusion, and decided that maybe C'lusi just needed to eat. Macuith could gossip with him all about it later.

Honestly, if they were going to find this one, Macuith knew he'd need to get some help. To all his nearby siblings he decided to send along the picture Kratoth sent him. Excuse me, brothers and sisters mine, but have any of you seen this person? It is Kratoth's riders boy friend, and they desperately need to reunite. Surely, one of them might have seen the other. Lemath had stood on the tables, and Aresoth and Elzebuth an Menankith were just ever so big and tall and strong and clever, and Aurinkoth might have seen him in his mischievous games, or Monath and Cynosuth when they first arrived, or perhaps Eleusith had waddled past, or Basanuth when he strut through . . . or any of them, really!

C'lusi, oblivious to his dragon's private meddling, was glad that the other seemed to have relaxed. While he knew how awkward it could be to meet up with friends post-Impression, it wasn't reasonable to expect those who had Impressed to tuck away their feelings. Honestly, he'd never been so happy, so fulfilled, so enraptured as he was with Macuith by his side. The stupid smile wouldn't leave his face, and he wanted nothing more than to keep constant contact.

"We'll find him soon enough. Maybe we'll all be in better spirits after some good grub, eh?" Including Karone. Maybe by then those Candidates who hadn't Impressed would have had enough wine to make them unwind or forget about their hurt. Still, he'd help Le'x find Karone before dodging off -- he had yet to introduce his mother to Macuith properly, after all.

Piling two plates full of herdbeast and wherry, fruit, biscuits, rolls, vegetables, and some chilled fruitjuice, the other was only too happy to take a seat next to Le'x. He didn't know the other well, but was glad to have found someone to talk to. His sister was sure to be a starlet, and his mother would likely be entertaining guests, and everyone else seemed to have a weyrmate or pals to talk to. His friends would probably congratulate him later.

"I'm C'lusi by the way," he finally introduced himself. "So what part of Pern are you from? This being your first Hatching 'n all." He'd lived in High Reaches Weyr most of his life, and considered himself weyrbred, even if he had been a child when he'd first arrived. It was easy to miss faces, with new Candidates, visitors, and guests arriving (and leaving) daily.

ShinosBee

PeppermintCoffee

Alusia
The woman didn't mind that the other candidate requested to linger. Her eyes did look over Lemath -- such an intriguing dragon. The wings were terribly unique with their pattern, and the little baby couldn't help but look adorable. Honestly, Alusia tried to savor the memory -- of both the little proud and proper Zenobiath, and her little green sister. It wasn't everyday she got such an intimate close up with baby dragons, and knew too soon that she would return to the kitchens, and the little darlings to their training. She wanted this moment to last.

Ah, but before she could speak to either R'am or Alumet, another figure suddenly approached. V'mel. Alusia's expression turned into a warm smile, and she dipped her head at such praise. The man needn't have come over, nor said anything, though she was appreciative of the gesture. "You'll mold them all into the envy of Pern. You run a tight ship, and I'm lucky to know they'll be trained by the best." Her words were not lip-service. She did sincerely believe in V'mel's teaching, and was proud to call High Reaches Weyr her home. Others might not appreciate the place, but it would always be her home.

Sadly, her daughter decided to leave, and the woman's brows knit. She tore her eyes from V'mel to watch her daughter's retreating figure, and she bit back a sigh. Though she was proud, she did feel as if she'd lost some important moment. She had hoped to have longer, had hoped the girl might sit with her for awhile, and her son as well. This was a celebration for all families, wasn't it? And yet... Ah well.

Her children were grown. They had their own lives to live, friends to make, people to interact with. Alusia still had another daughter to mother, after all, though she knew very soon that one would be taken in under the Candidatemaster's wing. Her little weyr would soon be empty, but that wasn't something she had to think about now.

Glancing over to R'am, she smiled at the other boy. "Are you attending the feast alone? No family here to celebrate your darling green?" And she smiled a winning smile down at the little dragonet. "The two of you can stay as long as you'd like, though I'm afraid I'm without a dragonet myself." And not even a little flit to amuse the poor dear.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:36 pm
NovaCracker
Decided I wanted to play around in here, after all. XD

Farensil and Amila had been through their medical attendance earlier and spent some time in the candidate halls. Between a chapter or two of a book and trying to, and being told off for, help out the weyrfolk moving peoples things around, requesting that Faren's things be moved into the quarters next to Amila's as well, and just some sitting and staring at the stars, they were now... well, beyond fashionably late.

They'd been told off (Again!) by one of the healers for not being at the feast to get a good meal after everything, and it had been made an order from the healer that they attend the festivities. So, Here they were, and Faren had offered Amila one of the two simple, purple dresses she'd brought with her when she'd been Searched a couple years ago. it was a miracle they still fit her, but then, she hadn't grown UP much, and didn't eat enough to counteract the excercise so she'd grow out. Maybe it wasn't such a surprise, after all.

Although she hadn't been eager at the start, she couldn't help inhaling the fragrances around the grounds, and smiled over at her new friend. "Maybe food's not such a bad idea, after all."  

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:03 pm
Taysen knew the man asked for more than the boy had taken but how was he supposed to say so in front of the other guy? So, grumpy, he rolled his eyes. "Yeah, you too, old man," he said with a smirk. To the man who'd very nearly caught them, the insolent Taysen gave a mocking salute. "Yes, sir. Enjoy the feast, sir."

Finally the flit vacated his shoulder and Taysen slipped away back to the food since his other plate had been dumped in the dirt. He probably shouldn't stay much longer as temptation was a lady he couldn't often ignore, but he was starving and that headbeast smelled delicious...

Andranis
BastetAmun

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:49 pm
Jacomus grit his teeth, smile ceasing as he narrowed his eyes at Taysen. "Old man?! I'm not THAT old!" He was prepared to follow the boy, but stayed his hand and temper. He left out a quiet huff, then glanced at A'dras. Being this close to another bronze rider was making him nervous, if only because the chances were high he was from High Reaches Weyr and knew everybody that called it home. "I should go check on Kraketh, make sure he's not getting into trouble up at the lake." With a quick adjustment of his tunic, Jacomus went to find his way up to his dragon.

BastetAmun

Strawberri Stardust

Elsewhere, Fish returned from where ever he'd gone off to, floating along and scanning. Spooked as he'd been, he couldn't stay away from His Human. But he also couldn't stay away from shiny things, a habit now hard-trained into the young firelizard. He found a perch, blinking his tiny multifaceted eyes, and looked about. Shifting, he groomed at his fingers again, before letting out a huff. Too many people to choose from... His gaze soon found H'sad, looking like he sometimes saw His Human, and even his Big Bronze. With a low whistle, Fish launched from his perch and went gliding over, settling on H'sad's shoulder while projecting fairly generic happy colors. It worked with His Human, surely it would work with this one!

Masterharper

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:54 pm
Demanthra/Monath and Ashlyn/Gyafrith

Demanthra continued to put some more food on her plate, since she was pretty hungry right now. However when he spoke his new name, she smiled as she turned back to him. He was right, it wasn't too much different and it would be easy enough for her to remember. When he asked if it felt quite real, she looked down at Monath near her feet. Truth be told, she was still trying to get used to this too. She felt her little green surround her with love, reminding her that she really did exist.

"R'ey, then I will be sure to remember that then. And it is still taking its time to sink in that we are actually Weyrlings now. I was starting to wonder if mine was out there,"she admitted, not used to admitting things to others but Monath seemed to make her feel the other she could confide in. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Cami and C'ryn and she smiled over to them.

We are both doing well, though Mine also needs to eat. She hasn't eaten since last night and I know she is hungry. They were worried about us, now it is their turn,Monath replied. Then she heard one of her other brothers, Macuith, asking if any of them had seen someone. She didn't think she had seen this boy, but she dearly wanted to help in anyway she could. When the chirp from the green flit on her head sounded, an idea formed in her head. Quickly, she passed the image of the boy on to Eidel, who soon took to the sky to have a look around. After a few more moments, Eidel came back down with news and she flashed an image to Monath.

Macuith, I am sending you an image of where the boy may be,she thought back to her brother, making sure Demanthra was too distracted to pay attention to what she was doing.

Ashlyn waited, watching as Z'yden offered his hand to the other, waiting to see how Z'rik would take that. She knew how awkward people were usually around him, but her friend had been quite polite. When Z'yden mentioned her dragon's name, she knew he meant was he the cause for her eyeroll, she nodded her head. Then Z'rik spoke about what she said and she let out a small laugh, knowing that this batch of Weyrlings would still be a handful. Which reminded her, she would have to speak to young Nadry and Ichta, offering any help the two of them might need. She knew quite well what it was like to be a rider of a male dragon, however she knew Gyafrith had chosen her for a reason.

Of course I did, Mine. You are amazing and I was not going to pick something other than that. We needed each other and still do,Gyafrith thought to her, causing the other to smile. Then she heard how Z'rik responded to Z'yden and she was glad he had taken it so well.

"It won't take him too long to get it, Z'rik is pretty quick with things,"she spoke up softly.

DruidTigeress

Strawberri Stardust

BastetAmun

Masterharper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:13 pm
V'rind & Krahsujunth

Normally V'rind would have some sharp or sly comeback to T'at's teasing and taunting, but today something was definitely getting her dander up. She paused long enough to just give him an almost considering look before she slid free of his grasp, abandoning him in favor of an empty platter she intended to fill. She'd had a long day, after all, and just because the weyrlings had gotten a nap didn't meant hose older riders had been given a bread of drills or duties. Yeah, she deserved a little indulgence, didn't she?

"Just hungry that's all." Her tone was light, careless. Her hands certainly was heavy though, as she scooped a hefty amount of mashed tubers onto her platter, and then slide on probably a double-portion of roast. The curry she approached with an almost rabid look in her eye, a glint T'at himself might have seen once or twice on her face through the dim light of a late evening weyr, but as soon as she began to spoon it out she grimaced, thrusting the ladle back with almost sullen irritation. She spun about, still seeming grouchy but intent on her food, and was almost surprised to see T'at still just standing there, seeming expectant, waiting, curious..."What? I'm fine," She brushed past him, heading for a table...

...and pulled up short as Tyra wandered over. Another bluerider lady, she won a smile—a real one, not whatever concoction she'd been aiming at T'at lately. The smile did seem to freeze in place momentarily, but then dissolved with a faint 'oh!' as she cottoned on. "Ah, yeah, yes. Him. He's alright. T'at, this is Tyra. One of my sisters in arms, you might say, of the great blue Orodreth. Tyra, this is T'at, of brown Nessuth. Don't worry, he won't bite. Well, not you at least." There might have been a wink along with that as she slid onto one of the long benches and dropped her platter wit ha clatter.

Krahsujunth meanwhile managed only a low moaning rumble as Orodreth came to settle in beside him. They ought to have been mine. Why couldn't they have been mine, Orodreth? His eyes were trailing along this way and that after whatever hatchling was darting by the closest. I don't want to see them if they're not mine. Haven't you ever...wanted, brother? Why is it that just because of our color and size—and not even that, not really, I'm bigger than some browns!—I cannot have...them? The blue was blatantly in one of his moods, eyes a dull, dismal gray flecked with pale swirls of orange and purple. At least he'd done something to contain the waves of grief he was feeling to keep them from spilling over. These hatchlings might not be HIS hatchlings...but they were still precious and important. And it was not their fault that they were not his.

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

BastetAmun

V'mel

V'mel might not return Alusia's smile, or show any sort of warmth, but there was a glimmer in his eye, a shade of the tint of his brow that she might understand. He did not do his job for praise, or out of pride. In the end, if no one recognized his work, he did not mind, an it did not matter. It was simply his duty to take these untrained, soft children and make them ready to fight, and die, and serve. It was how he served, and he couldn't preach what he didn't practice himself. "You've done the work so far on them both. We'll take it from here. They're the pride of the whole weyr tonight." That didn't mean he didn't take her words for what they were though, nor take them to heart.

Ash she became distracted with one of the other youngsters, he decided to leave her to her peace. He did have children to mind after all, and not all of them walked on four legs. A curt nod was all he managed to spare for her, but she'd expect no more. He paused in his turn to leave to regard R'am and Lemath, seeing that, indeed, the green was no longer on the table. His gaze lingered just long enough to almost count as a warning, and then he was off, striding in measured steps into the throng, eyes darting to snare and mark each weyrling in their spot.

Masterharper

Peppermint Coffee

ShinosBee

Nerd

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:18 pm
Luiciand had been at the feast for a while. Lurking in the corners, basically brooding. He was carefully not touching any of the drink as he wasn't sure how it would affect him that night. And he wasn't really hungry either. Pretty much he was trying to gather the courage, desire, willpower, and calm, to go talk to some of the new weyrlings. It was not an easy task. Finally he pushed away from the table he was at and stood up.

He figured he should find C'ryn and give him a proper congratulations. He managed to locate the boy not as far away as he had thought, and meandered over. C'ryn was busy though, and Luiciand paused awkwardly just outside of the group's sphere. It was C'ryn's words from the sands that allowed Luiciand to go forward instead of turning away. Still it was an awkward "Hey there" that left his lips.

BastetAmun

DruidTigeress

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:19 am
C'ryn and Aresoth

C'ryn kept the smile on his face as Cami turned to look at him, his eyes watching her as she spoke. He nodded his head at her words, it did seem extravagant especially if you were not raised in the weyr all your life. He could easily see where she was coming from. "It is extravagant but it's a time of celebration. The weyr does tend to go over the top when it comes to this." It was the only way he could really know how to justify it, though he still felt a little strange being at the center of attention. We deserve this C'rynmine, and we will continue to have the attention of others as we climb and prove our worth. Aresoth's words helped to calm C'ryn's anxiety and he nodded his head, watching as the hatchling turned to look at Cami.

Aresoth let out a happy thrum from his chest at Cami's words. I am so much more handsome then a feline, yes? His words reached out towards her mind before he was pulled from her attentions by Macuith speaking to him. If he could raise an eyebrow, he would instead he decided to try and help his brother by seeing if he did spot the boy that was shown to him.

"My names changed to C'ryn now." He said, realizing he probably should have spoken that first to Cami. His eyes caught Demanthra waving and he raised his hand to wave back, he had been happy that one of his friends from before had impressed, though still a little sad that all of them hadn't.

The sound of another voice made C'ryn turn his head to look at Luiciand and he smiled at the other boy. "Hey." He didn't know if it was because of Aresoth but he could feel and see a tension in the others form and he felt guilty for impressing. Luiciand had gone out of his way to try and help him after the touching, worried about him, he had even worried during the hatching and C'ryn ahd been the one to impress. It was awkward and Aresoth moved to press his side against C'ryn in reassurance.

DruidTigeress

faesinger

Dea and #Teddy#

----------------------------------------------------------
A'dras and Gareth

With everything dealt with and the two men parting ways, A'dras ignored Taysen's words as he moved to get more food, though his eyes watched him constantly. Then they were drawn to Jacomus as the man spoke about going to check on his dragon, he nodded his head before giving the man a parting word. "Be more careful next time. If you do not wish to be grounded to a weyr, do not make a spectacle." With that, A'dras moved off, though he planned to keep an eye on them if he could see them.

Gareth had moved away from Kraketh, his eyes still watching the other dragon before settling down to relax and watch the rest for the night.

Andranis
For the parting words

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

Fated Fable
Vice Captain

Profitable Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:24 pm

At Roknhin's approach, Dr'stan smiled, warmly accepting his friend into the empty space that had settled around him. "Hello, Rok. It's Dr'stan, now. Not much different than it's ever been." It did please him to see a familiar face in the crowd-- not that the crowd wasn't full of them, but Roknhin and he had been through a lot together. Cynosuth peeked up into her rider's friend's face, giving a little churr and nudging her head lightly against his hand. "This is Cynosuth." He gave a soft laugh. "And no, I can't. I can't believe it. Yet here she is, isn't she?" The besotted look that he gave his Green was one that many a rider would be familiar with. Undoubtedly they'd worn similar on their own faces, and would recognize it from a mirror.

Dr'stan was utterly oblivious to the fact that his lover had been held up by Rok's approach. After all, why should having a friend nearby cause H'sad to turn away? They'd all spent time together in the past. It wasn't as though Dr'stan was a social butterfly who often found himself surrounded by others, and truth be told, he wasn't surrounded now. Had he known, he undoubtedly would have called him over, but he didn't know, so the gap remained between him. He'd found himself wondering where H'sad could be, but for now... for now, he would select a few things to eat and maybe chat with his friend. Maybe even meet a few new ones, if he could manage that much.

Oh! Oh, Cynosuth knew what a leader was! Is a King like a queen? Is she very powerful? she asked, curiosity aroused. Why a Weyrleader? A Weyrwoman isn't a Queen... A hint of confusion colored the little Green's tone as she tried to make sense of things. What was that and why was it that? Monath was so clever. If only she could be so keen, herself.

When Aresoth replied, Cynosuth gave a happy trill. Of course he would never! How could anyone turn you away? Her big brother, who could do no wrong in her eyes. She adored him and must therefore adore his, for all that every dragonet knew exactly why Aresoth had been so upset. But C'ryn couldn't help it. Elzebuth was so charming... speaking of Elzebuth...

Cynosuth's eyes took on a worried yellow as she heard her brother's dissatisfaction when he spoke to her. She did not know what troubled Elzebuth, but whatever it was, she wanted to make it better. You are worthy of admiration, my brother, she thought to him shyly, green returning to her eyes when he seemed to relax somewhat, and to better settle into enjoying the Feast and what it meant for them all.

Oh dear! No, Macuith, I have not seen his boy friend. I am sorry. I have not seen my Dr'stan's weyrmate, either.

--
Had she ever been so young, so innocent? Fenrith couldn't tell her, as he'd never met her at that age. "V'mel is like any drill master. He's tough as nails and he expects the best from his charges. Give him the best and he won't give you crap. An' if he does, well, you just tell ol' Illa and we'll see." For Illa wasn't above giving the girl some teaching of her own, if V'mel couldn't handle talent. "It's like that sometimes. Sometimes you just know when you've laid a hand on them that they're yours, and you're theirs. Sometimes... well, I didn't get to touch Fenrith's shell, as he picked me from the Stands. Funny little dragon, stealin' a merc captain when she had work to be doin'."

She grinned, the grin of a friendly wolf among good company. "Aye, you give me hope. Hope that there'll be more like you and yours so that Pern can be a better place for all." At the lad's approach and Nadry's introduction, Illa offered her hand for shaking. "Hoy there. You've done well in Impressing that Blue, he's a beauty! And from what I've heard an honorable lad at that. Your Basanuth is another one my Fenrith has spoken of." Really, the dragon was practically a gossip, from the way he was intent on these little ones, but then again, she couldn't blame him for being interested in the babies. Menankith, you may trust me and mine. And I wouldn't stand for girls being fed less than boys. They need their strength as much as anyone else.

Illa nodded at the woman R'gan identified as his mother, and a flicker of recognition shone in her gaze. "Happen we're wingmates," she mentioned, offhand.

Meepfur
DruidTigress
Strawberri Stardust
Dea and #Teddy#
BastetAmun
Tsunake
Masterharper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:56 pm
"That sounds fair enough," the new Weyrling mused. She was, after all, quite used to following rules and doing what was expected of her (until relatively recently!), so more rules and expectations shouldn't be difficult. Theoretically. She did want to do well, she truly did, to learn everything she could and become strong. She would need to, if she and Menankith were to become heroes, and live up to the hopes of theri new friend. And having Illa's help, if she needed it...that knowledge alone went some way toward banishing the very lost feeling she'd had since the Touching. Menankith helped immensely, as did Gran and Ichta, but the addition of Illa - an adult and full-fledged wingrider - was another valuable tether.

At the mention of how she'd Impressed, Nadry's brown eyes widened and she gazed at the woman in increasing admiration that she couldn't have hidden if she'd tried. "You were a mercenary captain?"

Yes, they do, Menankith agreed. They are very strong, whether they know it or not, and they should not be deprived, or made to think that they should deprive themselves. No doubt there were many other such 'rules' impressed upon his rider that still needed to be shaken loose.

Fated Fable

Meepfur
Crew

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:08 pm
Thanoth's ability to worm around him without tripping either of them was a miracle all in itself, though Elzebuth hardly minded. His tail lazily flicked and swished, occasionally sliding against her hide. True. Who says it isn't a kind of fruit? He knew very well it likely wasn't, but he was all for encouraging his brother to have a good time! And speaking of his brother--

Elzebuth rumbled with pleasure, rubbing his face against Aurinkoth's for a moment before he settled down. So I've been told. There is something else called a tuber. Perhaps we should see if they taste as good as fruit?

"Wonder if they can speak to each other in the egg." G'ran muttered after he swallowed his mouthful, eyeing the three dragonets thoughtfully. Elzebuth did act as though he knew Thanoth. Why would I not? The brown questioned, not understanding G'ran's apparent confusion. The big man just shook his head, seeing no need to try and pursue the conversation. V'tre wedging himself between himself and Ichta earned some slightly furrowed brows, but he was merely perplexed as to why the kid wanted to be squashed between them.

Still, G'ran nodded when V'tre talked of his unusual Impression, and again when Ichta mentioned the dragons knowing. "Guess she could sense you all the way up there." And if he hadn't been there... But he was. Elzebuth said dismissively. No sense in dwelling on bad things that didn't happen!

The large brown paused to focus on Cynosuth again, his mood much improved from before. I am. But it is good of you to know this. There was a rare, genuine pulse of affection for a moment from the normally self-absorbed brown.

ShinosBee

demon_pachabel

Fated Fable

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:16 pm
Masterharper
Fated Fable
Meepfur
Strawberri Stardust

"Hey again!" R'gan echoed, as Basanuth greeted his sibling as well.
Menankith. It is good to see you again.

R'gan saluted the other woman as he approached. Granted, he'd forgotten to do so with Ristia, but he tended to be more casual with riders he knew. "No I haven't." he said, inclining his head politely and taking her hand. "Nice to meet, Illa. I'm R'gan and this is Basanuth." he said, and he couldn't help but smile as he introduced the dragon, resting a hand naturally on the side of his neck as he did. Basanuth sat up a little at the introduction, giving a friendly chirrup of greeting to the older brown.

He hadn't noticed Nadry was talking to another rider when he yelled over, or might've thought twice about interrupting.. Opps. "Er.. Did I interrupt you? Sorry." he said. But the next moment Illa was mentioning Basanuth and any hesitance was forgotten. "Really?" he asked. It hadn't occured to him that anyone would be talking about his dragon, but it made his heart jump to think that they were. His smiled widened. "Yeah he is! He's the best." he said. His little champion of equity.

I will stand for no injustice. Basanuth confirmed. He didn't know Fenrith personally, but if he was alright by Menankith, he couldn't be that bad. Plus he got the sense that he was with friends here, so he let the full implication of that stand. You are the same, R'gan. That's why I chose you. he added, letting warm pride and confidence wash over his rider.

"Oh! So you're both in the Harbringers then?" R'gan asked, looking between Ristia and Illa. Of course knowing his mother's wing. Since it seemed like they were willing to tolerate some more company, he slid onto the bench next to Nadry, continuing their conversation. "Wait, who was a mercenary captain?" he asked, laughing. He seemed to have jumped in at an odd time. At some point, he really ought to get himself some food too, he realized, but he'd only just sat down and didn't feel like getting up again just yet.

At his side, Basanuth looked up, alert, when he heard a call from one of his siblings. "Hmm? What is it, Bas?" R'gan asked when the hatchling suddenly put his front legs up on the bench next to him, eyes turning toward the crowds.
A sibling requires our assistance. They are looking for this person. he said, sending R'gan a flash of what Macuith had showed him. R'gan nearly laughed at the distorted image.
That doesn't look like anybody I know! he said. Who was asking?
Macuith's.
Macuith.. Umm.. C'lusi was?
He was asking for another. For Kratoth's.
R'gan sighed and ran back through the list of dragon and rider names he'd been trying to memorize. Kratoth.. That was.. Uh.. Lenix? L'ex, rather? Basanuth looked at him and turned his head with an expression that seemed to imply a shrug.

Hmm.. If it was L'ex than maybe the image was of Karone? He'd seen them together before, and he supposed it.. kind of resembled him?
Alright, I'll help you look. he promised the hatchling, before turning back to Nadry. "You haven't seen Karone around, have you?" he asked her, while Basanuth reported back to his sibling,

I have not seen him yet, Macuith, but we are looking.

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:27 pm
Alumet and Gold Zenobiath

It was Dr’stan’s approach that got her to look up from her private conversation. Blinking twice, it took the girl a moment to recognize him, but when she did, she smiled broadly. Beside her, Zenobiath began to wonder. What was Hers thinking? The man was lovely, yes, but the appreciative gaze got a momentarily plaintive sound. Glancing to the other, she stroked her nose again, It’s okay, dear heart. He’s lovely on the eyes, but not so lovely as you. Just listen. He thinks you’re the most lovely. He is not wrong. You and I are the loveliest, Alumetmine. How could eyes look elsewhere. “Thank you, Dr’stan. Zenobiath and I are glad for the compliments you pay to us both. I’m glad to see you and Ddraigth.” Ever the diplomat with the people she was fond of, after all. It was not hard to keep her eyes on him. Zenobiath, however, craned her neck upwards to search for the voice, crooning when she saw Ddraigth who’d spoken to her, Ddraigth. It is good to meet you.

T'at and Brown Nessuth

He’d been about to say something else, when she slipped him to get food, watching her put things on to a plate. Slowly, he began to fill his own, still watching her with a worried gaze. Clearly, she wanted the Curry, but she bypassed it. He got mashed tubers, some pie, curry...enough to share. Why not? Make it clear that he was paying attention. The rabid look in her eye was something he knew well, after all, but something was just fully amiss.

“Sure you are.” He followed towards the table when Tyra came up, a brow raising at the real smile that she gave her, rather than the terse look that he often got from V’rind lately. Good to see it back. Something about the word weight seemed to bother V’rind, but what got him was when she realized it was him of whom tyra spoke, and then seemed to relax. “A pleasure to meet you, Tyra.” His own platter went beside V’rind’s own, “And she’s right. I won’t bite anyone...except maybe our dear V’rind here. Nessuth frowns upon violence.”

Shinosbee

Bastetamun

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas