Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[ORP] It's Always Tea Time: Tea Clutch Feast [Open] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:43 am
“You had to go and make it all formal,” L’iand teased more to hide is embarrassment for forgetting his manners than because he was annoyed. He nodded to the young man, Orri, but didn’t stand up. “Pleasure to meet you. Be careful with your offers around this boy,” he gave Aryath a pat, “he will take advantage.”

It isn’t taking advantage if they offer. Aryath preened under the appreciative eyes. Yes, this was his due. He tilted his head just so. Wasn’t he a very handsome dragon?

It is if you visit every week. “Still, we might be visiting. Growing pains can be difficult to ease.” L’iand set his tea cup down and likely wouldn’t be picking it back up again. Klah was more his style. “Not much of a green chaser?" He asked C'ryn. "That would be some relief. I have a feeling Aryath will chase all the greens he can find the time for on top of the golds.”

There is nothing wrong with chasing the other colors.

Colors? As in plural? What do you mean colors? There are only greens and golds…

All colors need a little love. L’iand visibly blanched at that a few moments after he had finished talking.

medigel

BastetAmun

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:13 am
"I doubt every experience is the same anyways," Marty affirmed, unbothered by the idea that she'd be spared someone trying to explain the entire sensation to her for the hundredth time. It felt more like a jab at this point, anyways.

Raelin's story caused her brows to raise slightly. "Sounds like an idiot," she stated plainly, her eyes almost rolling in unison with the redhead's. Certainly, some people were lucky enough to have their lifemate come scrambling onto the sands to be with them the first time they stood. "Let me guess - Holdborn," any Weyrborn kid grew up seeing enough people wait or age out to not immediately turn into a puddle of woe after a single failure.

Her own running record was sixteen clutches, and as Raelin seemed a touch older than she was, she had no doubt she'd waited longer.

"I'm Martirae from Western Weyr," she introduced finally with an offering of a hand.

Medigel

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:07 am
User Image

Now this was an event that was much more his style. People were dressed to the nines, and the redheaded Candidate was no exception. Immaculately styled, his hair carefully done, Dynzrak was taking note of all the important people with half-lidded eyes. Far be it from him to garner the interest of a high-ranking dragonrider, considering he was just a Candidate... but this would all be relevant when he Impressed a bronze and found himself in the higher ranks of Weyr society.

The hatchlings running around occasionally caught his eye, but not enough to really garner much interest. Considering Western had made off with the metallics... well. That spoke volume in itself, didn't it? He made his way to the food table... and found himself studying a fellow Candidate who was awkwardly watching everyone else as he put food on his plate. The guy looked ridiculous, like he'd never been somewhere nice in his life. Dynzrak recognized him, surely, but didn't know his name. He followed after the bigger man, draping in the seat across from him with an arm slung over the back of the chair..

"You leaving any for the rest of us?" He snorted, a lazy grin spreading across his face. "If you put as much effort into eating as you did with everything else, watch out world! We'd have a real contender!"

Prism Shine
have this... guy.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:41 am
Strickenized

User Image

Zyamel had been delighted that her mother had decided to throw a tea party for the entire Weyr. Not only did it give her an excuse to dress up, but it was a day of relative rest and ease. Gr'del wasn't going to deny his Candidates a chance to celebrate, and though they were expected to be on their best behavior, she was more than happy to enjoy the afternoon. Dressed in bright blues and blacks, with a perfectly ostentatious hat to match her mother's, the young woman had no problem working the crowd.

The food and drink were tempting, but the ladies of the feast were triply so. Her sharp eyes were only too happy to dance over the figures of the women who had dressed in their finery. Ah, but if only she had the time, she might ask them all to dance, and seduce one or two to her bed. The thought humored the girl, who was making her way over to the tables when a sharp call went out. Though she wasn't startled, it did draw her attention to a young woman and an even lovelier green.

Her eyes watched with mirth as a nearby attendant immediately ran to pick out some wherry. "That's one way to get their attention." She laughed, moving a bit closer to the stranger. She had no idea who this weyrling was, but it didn't matter to her. "Gorgeous green you've got there." She complimented, letting her eyes slide appreciatively over the girl and then the little weyrling by her side. A small twinge of jealousy, but one easily pushed aside. She had no doubt her fighting dragon was waiting for her in some yet-to-be-laid egg. If her mother and father could Impress, it stood to reason she could, too.

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:43 am
User Image

"I don't know, I rather like the infirmary. It's where we first met after all." No sooner had the words come out of A'ye's mouth than he wished he could swallow them back in, and he quickly raised the mug of klah up to drain it and prevent anything else from slipping out. Why was he such a mess? He could see the drudge trying either not to laugh or gag behind the table, and he nearly slammed the mug down as he reached for another. Maybe he needed to be cut off from his drink of choice, but Faranth it was preventing him from saying something ridiculous.

It was also now the apparent topic of conversation and he could handle that without stepping on himself. Hopefully. A little. "I wouldn't really call them super unique, but sometimes they have a different way of growing the beans, or they add a different set of spices and sweeteners in to make sure the taste is faintly different." This particular batch was good, or at least he thought so. "And S'del, I am downright shocked you can't tell the difference. You call yourself a bronze rider?" There was a tease in his voice and he prayed to Faranth and the First Egg and anyone else that S'del got the tease. "You're supposed to be running on this stuff you know, with all the responsibilities that depend on you. Maybe I should talk to K'ienn about writing it into your diet."

Uta

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:04 pm
Ielin, High Reaches Candidate

Ielin had missed that he had a follower until he had sat down, brought out of his thoughts as the other man sat down. He looked.. familiar. Another High Reaches candidate, he was sure, though the name escaped him. It wasn't as if there were other tables, and he found it a tad odd that the other had to sit at his table. But the grin curling onto their face made his appetite quell some. Lovely.. Though the other candidate was dressed more for the occasion than he was, hair done where Ielin had.. well, he’d run a comb through his hair at least.

He blinked, however, at the other’s words, eyebrows knitting slightly. Sure, he had put some food back after he had spooned it out, but he’d.. tried to get proper portions. Were they big..? But, there was no plate infront of the other, either. “What’sit matter to you? You ain’t eating food.” He takes a bite of his little sandwich even with his appetite up and vanishing on him, eyeing the other just a touch warily. “If you’re so worried ‘bout them runnin out, go eat an’ leave me alone.” It seemed simple enough, and he took a sip of his tea to make a point. Even if it was a bit on the bitter side and he instantly wished for klah.

Tsunake
He just wants to eat u rude

.___.-----.___.-----.___.-----.___.-----.___.

Ezyzu of Gold Khamaith, Western Weyrling

She gave a squeak and a delighted laugh as she was lifted when Dhawsn stood up, squeezing him gently with her arms before releasing her friend. “Still! It's been months, I’ve missed you!” Her face gets a bit warm at the reminder of her duties. “Oh, I doubt we’d have any high rank like that. We just want to help everyone!” Ezyzu’s hands gently check her braids, not wanting her sweet friend’s work to go to waste. Soui worked so hard for her…

Her gaze followed his, spying her sweet dragon oh-so happily tucked under her father’s wing still. “You’ll have to meet Khamaith later. She’s such a sweetheart, you’d love her.” Ezyzu turned back, smile brightening at the mention of a drink. “Something to drink sounds so nice. Klah sounds lovely. We could go get it together? I’m sure he could spare a mug or two.” She offers gently, not quite willing to part with her friend just yet.

---

The bubbling happiness that had been rising in Khamaith was now lowering to a simmer, content to snuggle against Cordrath. Her hearts were full of love, happy that her whole family was in one place once more. Yet it would be easy for her to let her eyes shut and drift to sleep in pure bliss that such contentedness brought her. But her father’s words roused her, lifting her head curiously. Something fun? I quite like fun things. Baihath and I play fun games when we can. She straightens a bit, at least so that she was less likely to drift off in a nap.

Speaking of her brother, Khamaith leaned down to nuzzle Baihath as he flopped over by their father, trilling happily. No reason to be sad, it was a happy day after all!

Oh, the beach is so nice. Especially to nap on. She croons lightly back to Saith, perking up slightly. Natural hot springs? Oh that sounds wonderful. We need to go when they let us! Most definitely would she need to tell Ezyzu about such a place, piqued interest. Even if it would be months from now, the thought of spending more time with her siblings in new places was heartwarming.

She thrummed softly to Harneth. Western is very nice. The weather is always so warm, and the beach is nice to walk out to. Anyone that I have met has been very nice. Khamaith shifts, sitting up slightly even as she yawns. She must stay awake, there would always be time to sleep after. How are things here at High Reaches?

demon_pachabel

Tsunake

BastetAmun

medigel

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:18 pm

How did one bring up such a thing in conversation? "Do let me know when you have a moment to talk..." Vera said, weighing her words carefully. He did deserve to know that he was a father. "It's nothing bad," she hastened to say. Well, unless he might feel that being a father was a bad thing. Although they had shared a bed, and shared a Weyr, she did not know W'dre as well as she could have. Which, in and of itself, was not such a bad thing. The man was famously attracted to Olliah, with whom Vera was quite close. She would never have put herself in the way of any potential romance for her friend and mentor.

But oh, she was tired of keeping this secret, especially now that she was very sure that the answer stood right before her. "Mmm... not as much time as I might like," she confessed, tucking an errant hair behind her ear. "I spend so much of my free time being a mother that music is reserved for... well, moments when Vedra is sleeping, or when it might sooth her to sleep." Suddenly faced with the father of her child, she was at a loss for how to tell him exactly what she knew.

User ImageVedra looks so like her father, Serenath informed Dormith brightly, her good cheer very much intact. See? she said, presenting Dormith with an image of how Vedra had appeared to Vera just a few minutes before. Oh. Doesn't he know he has a hatchling? the Gold asked, a little confused. After all, she knew all of her children.

But then again, maybe Vera hadn't told him. But they could fix that! Would you like to come by with W'dre later so that he can try to remember he has a hatchling? That did seem like a logical course of action. Sometimes people forgot things! Even things like this.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:20 am
The fact that Vera was to quick to assert that what she wanted to talk about 'wasn't bad' did stir some curiosity. Was he meant to have been concerned he was in some trouble? Certainly, Vera wouldn't have been the one informing him of such things if he was. "Of course. I can make myself available at your convenience," despite the status held by riding a bronze dragon, W'dre didn't hold much responsibility. He flew against thread and that really was about the beginning and end of such things.

It sounded to him as though she didn't have much free time - a sacrifice he'd seen many make to keep their children close, rather than in the creche. Of course, all of them had a weyrmate on hand to assist. "I see," he frowned as he spoke. He unfortunately didn't know much about children to offer up something more substantially helpful. "It sounds as though she is at the age where she may believe sleeping is entirely optional."

Oh! Dormith could see the resemblance even before Serenath pointed out that the small girl looked like his W'dre. He could see it even in one so small. The hair, the shape and color of the eyes, even in her brows a bit. If it had been any other human he was being shown a comparison to, he likely wouldn't have really known their face enough to see the small glimpses. But it was his W'dre, so he saw them all.

I'm afraid he doesn't seem to. But Vedra most certainly could be no other's, he almost seemed proud of the fact that his lifemate had a small him running about. Though she would remain small for so much longer than his had.

The gold's suggestion kept him rumbling pleasantly. Yes, yes. That would be for the best. There is no reason he should not remember. he doubted W'dre had simply forgot - Dormith would have found it if that was the case. It felt more as if he hadn't known. And why wouldn't he want to know this? Just let me know when a good time will be. After this feast?

MX Cherie

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:40 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Up on her ledge, Hesperith exhaled a heavy sigh.  There was a Feast below, attended by dragons from High Reaches and Western alike, and adorable little babies frolicked, but here she was, well away from all the festivities.  She had tried, ever so gently, to convince her rider to go, but Sylfie wanted no part of it, and for once, she hadn't pushed her to go anyway.  While Hers was recovering, she still hurt, and not only physically.  She had been and still was terribly depressed, and not in any way willing to venture out to attend a party, especially not while she was still bandaged up in places.  Even if she'd been able to shed the remaining bandages, though...she still would have been hiding, because she didn't want anyone to see her.  Others might have been willing and able to tough it out, but Sylfie was not that strong, nor eager to prove anything.

She had urged Hesperith to go without her, if she wanted to, but the gold didn't feel right leaving her alone.  She still felt horribly guilty over what had happened to her beloved rider, and it would have felt wrong to go below and enjoy herself as though nothing was amiss.  Instead, she simply sat at the edge of her ledge, poised as ever and looking down at the goings-on.  She looked well enough, as any needs that Hers couldn't currently see to for her were being capably handled by others, but even then, she was perhaps not quite as bright as her usual self.

((Hes is open to company, or attempts to coax her down :3.))  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:48 am

"I don't have a lot of free time," Vera reiterated. The loose sleeves of her gown billowed a little bit as she gesticulated. "But... now. Now is the best time I think that I'll find." Given that there was no good time for him to find out, it might as well be now. That said, she clasped her hands together, attempting to resemble the Wingleader that she in fact was - no small thing, frazzled, exhausted, and utterly in over her head.

Besides which, Vedra deserved to know her father. "You are the father of my child," she informed him, getting it out as clearly and as carefully as possible. "Vedra. She's not quite two Turns old. I had wondered if you might like to meet her?" As she'd only just put it together that he was the father, it wasn't as though there had been a better time.

After this Feast would be good, Serenath told Dormith, watching the goings on around her, sending a soft encouragement to Hesperith, who had not elected to join them. Poor little dear! It would all be well! If he did not know, he certainly does not, the Gold said brightly, pleased by the prospect of a second parent entering little Vedra's life.

demon_pachabel
Meepfur

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:01 am
Where some may have repeated her words back to her incredulously in this situation, W'dre held onto any possible words that could have tried to spill out of his mouth, his expression immediately becoming more thoughtful than it had been before as he processed them carefully. Surprising, certainly, impossible to believe? No. He'd not been as attentive to Vera as perhaps another would have been after Dormith's clutch had hatched - there had been other interests out for her eye at the time, after all, and he had no stake to compete for anybody's attention with. Nor a reason.

He...had a kid. I have a kid. Dormith radiated amusement at the sudden thought from his rider. Serenath and I were just talking about her. Look. he offered up the image as it had been offered up to him, though there was something about looking at an image filtered through two dragons that did make him wonder if she actually looked so much like him as Dormith was making her appear.

"Vedra." He licked his lips nervously, as though somehow speaking the name could be done wrong. Then he squared up his shoulders a bit more, before nodding. "Yes. I would very much like to meet her." She would exist as a vague haze around the edges of his brain, not quite real, until he could see this daughter with his own eyes.

He certainly does know now, Dormith confirmed, amused at the expense of his lifemate's confusion. Ah, it had been some time since someone had existed in such a way outside of his mind - what sort of feelings would an actual meeting hold for him? It will be good for him to see his Hatchling. Maybe he'd put a little more value on his own life as more than just a wingrider.

Mx Cherie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:11 am

Watching W'dre, Vera checked for any sign that he might be panicking. Often men tended to back away very quickly upon being informed of their paternal status. Another Bronzerider might have responded with 'So?', but W'dre was not another Bronzerider. He was a quiet, dedicated man who put too little value in what he brought to the table. So it did not surprise her entirely when he rose to the occasion. It did please her that he had done so, and not disappointed her. Who knew what an actual meeting might do?

"Vedra," she agreed. "As I didn't know her paternity, it seemed... logical." Both potential fathers had had the letter D in their names. "She is with my parents right now, but I can arrange for a meeting as soon as today, if you would like." Although she had prepared Vedra for the potential of meeting 'Dad,' she wasn't sure what the girl might do. "Just be forewarned: Vedra is a handful." Which was more than half of the reason that she was so exhausted, anyway.

Serenath gave a happy croon at W'dre's response, her eyes whirling with soft blues and greens. Your W'dre is a good man, she remarked, pleased that he did not mind that he had a hatchling. Hatchlings were very important, after all. And surely it was not surprising that he had a hatchling! After all, he was a Bronzerider. That must be like being a Bronzedragon, and Dormith had a number of hatchlings, himself. Vedra will like him. So she had decided.

demon_pachabel

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:27 am
"It's a good name," though his opinion may not have meant much at that point, he still gave it. The comment about paternity may have given another man a reason to question the certainty with which Vera had asserted that she was his. W'dre had every reason to believe that if Vera was going to randomly select a father for her (their) child, it would not have been him. There were more likely candidates. Better candidates.

"Of course, today would be fine if it doesn't inconvenience," if she needed another day, another time, he could make that work as well. Did it make him seem too eager? Was that eagerness a bad thing? He didn't look particularly excited, but it had been a lot to take in so suddenly. Though Vera's description did earn an amused smile. "Well, I have two hands, so hopefully I'm at least partially prepared."

Dormith leaned in close, adding his own contented kreel to Serenath's. He will rise to the challenge and change this will bring to his life, of that he was absolutely certain. Even if he tried not to, Dormith wouldn't have let him back away from this so easily. I have no doubt that he will love her.

Mx Cherie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:56 pm
The young adult did not puff up when the great Queen turned her head to regard him, only meeting her gaze respectfully as she greeted him. The warmth of her tone was almost enough to make him purr, though he was not foolish enough to do such a thing. Of course, her praise made him fight hard not to preen, only ducking his head slightly as though to accept her words. Slightly. He knew he cut a fine figure, larger than most browns, and his dark hide easily showed off the musculature that he had built.

Your suggestion is wise, my Queen. Why, I think I might be learning much already. He easily descended, spreading his wings wide to glide to her perch. Tebath. He greeted the other brown, his mind brushing over him like a caress. Elzebuth settled himself down, tucking his wings politely. Ah. Yes, this is a much nicer ledge, Eveleth. Thank you. Fianth. Krahsujunth. He greeted the other Queen and her mate in turn, before turning his attention back to the glory that was Eveleth.

--

"It isn't." G'ran didn't hesitate to reply, his lips quirking gently in return for her smile. "..Looks nice. You look nice." It was definitely unusual... but not unpleasant. He wasn't typically a man who cared much about appearances but... He straightened a little when he realized that Ichta was looking him over in turn, hoping he looked presentable. She'd given him an outfit she'd made clear was for special occasions... and, well, he figured that this would suffice.

Still. He had to admit, he was a little uncomfortable, glancing down at himself and back up at her. Hopefully she approved...

Uta

demon_pachabel

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:10 pm
Her entire body flushed at his words. You look nice. Three words made all of the fuss and get up worth it - though she probably didn't have to try as hard as she had. But....why would she put in such little effort for someone she cared so much about? G'ran deserved all of it! She...wanted to look like someone who deserved to be seen with him.

Shards, he didn't have to straighten up! He was already one of the tallest in the room! Which just meant that if Ichta ever had to find him in a crowd it would never be any trouble. "It fits well. You look great," she took a moment to smooth out a wrinkle in the material, a bare amount of fuss, all things considered before looking back up to his face.

"So...." she trailed off, biting her lower lip slightly as she squeezed his hand. "Did you have any particular plans in mind for this get-together?" Besides, she hoped, maybe spending a little bit of time with her.

Tsunake

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces