Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[Gold Flight] A Golden Afternoon: Fianth's Flight! Open! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
stella cinere generated a random number between 1 and 29 ... 7!

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:10 pm
Rynsaith was not off to a good start, the Fianth seemed agitated as the fierce blue clung to her closely keeping most of the unsuited interest away. The large bronze easily slipped to the back letting the rest race after her as he would wait for his time to shine. The truth was he was unsure of himself, maybe faltering in some way which irritated his own sense of pride.

---------------

Rynsaith
Positive Traits: Confident, Competitive, Outgoing
Negative Traits: Stubborn, Lazy, Bratty

Sa’do
Positive Traits: Confident, Competitive, Thoughtful
Negative Traits: Aloof, Defiant, Stubborn

----------

1. Strength 12 + Speed 17 = 29 // 7

Rynsaith's Stats
Base points for bronze: 45 points
-Less than 5 turns: +3 points
- Motivated: +10 points
- A High Reaches resident: +5 points
- Respectful, Polite, Loving, or Kind dragons: +5 points

Total: 68

Strength: 12
Speed: 17
Dexterity: 14
Stamina: 13
Wits: 12  
Hattaki generated a random number between 1 and 26 ... 13!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:27 am
Not only was the small brown not at all interested in having attention swamped upon him, he was even less interested in having just a horde of chasing males on all sides of him when he was certain that he'd have to contend with the claws of that scarred blue dragon that seemed to have the gold's attention. Not that it mattered to Zioneth, let her not see him at the start, for he wasn't of this Weyr and belonged to none for he felt all those that resided within the protection of one to be slaves to the system of color that was so wrong with everything he'd come to see outside the stone walls of such a frigid establishment. No, let them hate him, let them fight back against him or kick him, scar him and scratch and bite at him, he deserved to be flying alongside the arrogant bronzes that were chasing the brilliantly flashing gold this day just as any other brown or blue that would hope to try so.

Casting one still reddish-purple eye at the blue, nearly as large as he himself, Zioneth didn't cast him any words of kindness but he wouldn't be giving him any sort of hard time this day, for it was clear that in every moment but the chase this gold's hearts belonged to him. What a disgustingly adorable sentiment. Letting the sick thought of having his hearts belong to another shiver down his spine like a foreign set of claws, the broad brown rose and soared up into the air after the gold that had risen suddenly like a shot, her sparkling form lighting the sky up that much brighter. Really she was the only one that mattered here and her call of challenge, the desire to see them prove themselves rather than sing her praises was answered with a deep beat of his wings.

The roaring words of another brown had him miss a beat of his wings and nearly had him startle into stopping to look behind him, not that he had to. Avroth, the brown of course remembered him, Zioneth didn't even have to see him to recognize the hatred and disgust in the other brown's voice. IT WOULD SEEM SO WOULDN'T IT? GOOD LUCK FROM THAT LOW START YOU HALF-STEWED WHER.

Was he even certain that he had time for Avroth or Iptoneth, who's voice soon joined Avroth's in the badgering that seemed to give them some sort of peace? SHOULD THE TWO OF YOU NOT BE FOCUSING ON THE TASK AT HAND? YOU SEEM INCAPABLE ENOUGH! he added after the bronze ran afoul of the blue dragons claws and teeth that should at least shut him up for the time being. What a pair of whining wherries, they didn't have the right to kick him down or have him stay out of a gold flight when all males were permitted to chase. He might not have had words he could whisper to the gold before him, but he at least had the strength to carry himself towards her, to carry her back if he could catch her.

Growling and flicking both his tail tips at both the males and widened his berth of them and pushed forward in the sky. Let them stew as he took off after the beautiful gold.

Revel1984
He's such a jerk. 8D;;;

Dea and #Teddy#
Oh he sees you and some ichor too Iptoneth!

----------------------

Zioneth's Stats:

- Base points for brown: 40pts
- Between 6-15 turns: +7 points
- Fit/Motivated: +10 points
- Unaffiliated: +1
- Genuinely cruel, mean, or unkind dragons: -5pts

Total points: 53

Strength: 17
Speed: 9
Dexterity: 9
Stamina: 15
Wits: 3

Round 1: /26  

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

Dea and #Teddy# generated a random number between 1 and 27 ... 22!

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:15 am
As Iptoneth waited for Fianth to finish her blooding, he took in the other dragons who had come to chase. A lot of bronze and browns alike, he could only assume that the browns had been inspired by the latest flight where a gold had been caught by a brown. He didn't see any problem with that, after all, they deserved a chance to try as well. From what he could see, most of them were respectful, that was what mattered the most. As he was thinking such, his eyes caught sight of a very familiar brown just as Avroth called him out. His eyes flashed to red, what in the world was HE doing here?! He was the exact opposite of respectful, angry still that he had flew Ariath and then abandoned her and her clutch. The thought seemed to send such anger through him. It didn't help that one of the bronzes who joined felt he was better than Krah. He mentally snorted at that, did he really think he was going to magically change Fianth's hearts?

Zioneth, what are you doing back here?! Swooping in to catch a gold and leaving her to raise her babies alone wasn't enough for you? And Jirkath, I think you should shut it, before Krah does it for you. You are not half the dragon he is,he thought to both with a bit of a growl. He would have to watch both of them carefully, make sure they didn't bring trouble to the couple. The majority of the other males seemed like good dragons, those of High Reaches and most of those outside of their Weyr.

He was waiting patiently, when Fianth's mental voice washed over him like a tidal wave. It didn't escape him how angry, disappointed, and shocked she was when she said his name. Wait, had he said something wrong...he didn't think he had. He had been nothing but respectful to both Fianth and Krah when he had communicated with them. Then her next words fell on him like a rock...of course, she would know that he was with another of Eveleth's daughters. His eyes changed to a mixture of yellow and white, actually disturbed by Fianth's words. Yes, he was here while Ariath was away, but that didn't mean he wasn't with her. In every other way, his hearts and his connection was with that golden hide that brought such joy to him. Not only that, but if Fianth reacted like this, what was he going to be in for when Ariath herself got home. He already had expected his beloved would be miffed at him..but what if....

You are not going to tell me you are going to let an anger get the best of you. Iptoneth, you are the calmest dragon I know and here you are acting like a scardy dragon. Maybe you should just come home with your tail between your legs and admit you are not the bronze I know. After all, I must be wrong about why you are flying in this..right? Or how much you and Ariath love one another?Ash'il's voice cut into his bonded's head.

What...no, I am your bronze, you know me better than anyone,Iptoneth protested back. He had watched as Fianth had hurtled off after her words to him, heading in the directions of the mountains.

Then tell me, what are your reasons for flying right now? And how much do you love your gold?came his rider's response.

I want to be a father, Ash'ilMine. I have seen the joy Ariath had with both of her clutches, even if she was left by both those jerks. I don't know when my beautiful light will get to rise again, but when she does..I want to be ready. I will actually catch her having had more experience and will know how to father her future children, like she deserves. I will be worthy to be the father to all her children, Mine. She is the world to me, I want nothing but to be the very best for her. Also, I get to help a wingmate of our's and his queen get a dream they cannot have. You know if I could, I would allow him to get his wish, but we know it doesn't work like that. As much as I wish it was, I know Krah cannot give Fianth the children she wants,Iptoneth answered softly, but passion that made his eyes begin to return to the lavender of before.

I know, pal, I know. I wish things were different in that respect too, but we have to make due for now. Maybe one day things will change, but for now..we will do what needs to be done. Plus, knowing you, Ariath will be swept off her claws as soon as you see her. You will make up for this, making her remember whose queen she really is,Ash'il agreed, sending a mental smile to his partner. Then the two shared a telepathic hug, something that was needed by the bronze, and Iptoneth thanked his rider.

Ariath, my love, I do hope you understand my reasons for this. As soon as you are home, I will show you exactly how much I love and cherish you,Iptoneth thought to his own queen with as much affection as he could. He even added a mental caress, to begin his trying to make up for his being involved in this flight. It was just a small gesture, but it was just the start of what he would do. Then with renewed vigor, he began to pump his wings and head off after Fianth. He knew that the golden dragon had been hurt by a bronze in the past, one he actually knew well because he was the second one to sire one of his own beloved's clutch. It was his hope that he or one of the other bronzes giving chase would show her that not all bronzes were jerks. Many of them were very good dragons and he hoped he could show her he was nothing like him. Ariath meant everything to him, he would not ever leave her alone like that.

I know my words may not mean anything to you, Fianth, but I am truly sorry for upsetting you. My beloved means so much to me and my reasons for being in this flight, I believe, are good intentions. I do hope to prove that to you,he called as he managed to close the gap. Unfortunately, he soon felt the familiar feeling of pain on his side as his wingmate bites into him. With a small trumpet of alarm, he works on trying to break free from the other's jaws. He managed to get loose, but noticed he had lost some ground with that.

As usual, well met, my valiant wingmate,he managed to think to Krah through the pain. He could feel some ichor falling, but he would ignore that for now. He felt Ash'il making sure he was alright, but he assured him he would be fine and that it was deserved. After all, he wouldn't expect anything less from the love of Fianth's life. Taking a calming breath, he worked on gliding for the moment, keeping the golden dragon in sight, but giving himself a moment to recover from that attack.

Ash'il A very good man, but quite a workaholic. He is protective of those he cares about, but sometimes butts in where he is not needed. He will be in his Weyr or dragged off with Ephia and Ariath

Iptoneth Calm bronze, who is seen as a very laid back dragon. He can take things serious, but doesn't see any reason to worry about everything. He is very protective, like his rider and very devoted to him. (Hearts belong to Ariath, so no competition for his blue Wingmate for love, just will help to father the clutch)

Iptoneth's Stats
Bronze Base Stats: 45 pts
Between 6-15 turns: +7 pts
Fit/Motivated: +10 points
HR Resident: +5 points
Respectful, Polite, Loving, or Kind dragons: +5pts
Total: 72 pts

Strength: 17
Speed: 10
Dexterity: 10
Stamina: 18
Wits: 17

Roll 1- Strength (17) + Speed (10)= 27 [22 rolled]
Danger Roll: 2 - Pain lances through you as Krahsujunth's teeth sink into a softer patch of flesh. You trumpet alarm and manage to pull free, but you've fallen a bit behind in the process! -6 to total score
Total at end of round 1: 16

Hattaki
He sees you, Zioneth and is not happy to see you.

faesinger
He doesn't like you, Jirkath

Uta
No worries, he understands, knowing and disliking that bronze too lol. Plus gave me a chance to give more in his post lol

ShinosBee
No hard feelings to his blue wingmate for that bite

Kolina
Love for Ariath

Dea and #Teddy# rolled 1 4-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-4)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:21 am
D4 danger roll for Iptoneth above  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Sinders Path generated a random number between 1 and 30 ... 28!

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:26 am
Bronze NPC Vagarath.

Even with the clamor of the bronzes and browns around him, the deep heat of lust an instinct from the event itself and his fellow dragons. Vagarath kept his head, he always did.
He was older, experienced, and extremely fit. If he did not loose his mind to the manic frenzy of the chase he believed he had a good chance. Logic dictated it.

So when Fianth shot up through the crowds after the blooding. Vagarath let her go. Watched her break into the clear sky and tracked her path. Then he angled his wings just the right way, coiled his muscles like a striking tunnel snake and launched himself after her with all his hard won power.
It paid off.

The beat of his wings leaving behind the bickering and distracted males he was gaining quickly. He reached out to the gold to press his case again. "Look to me Fianth. If you wish to see that I am fit to bare you eggs I will show you now."

He was about to break past the gold, swing back and try and head her off so she had no choice but to get the best view of him when something solid hit him like a cannonball, slamming into his left side. He bellowed in surprise, and then in pain. Teeth sunk into his side and as his senses caught up, he realized the gold's blue mate was punishing him for his initial fine flight.

"You will not keep me from this.Release me!"
He demanded as he lashed out with claws and twisted in the air, trying to get away without tearing muscle and damaging his flying chances. Parting from Krah bloodied and panting he would have shot his anger for the wound towards the blue but he was already bulleting towards his next victim and it would be a pointless exercise. A waste of energy when he needed it all.
Instead he turned and tried to push forward again to get back in the race and away from the ball of blue frustration and resentment.

Round 1: 16+14 =30 Result =28-6=22

Base points for bronze: 45pts
Between 16-45 turns: +10 points
A High Reaches resident: +5pts

Total 75
Strength: 16
Speed: 14
Dexterity: 12
Stamina: 16
Wits: 17  
Sinders Path rolled 1 4-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-4)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:30 am
Vagarath DANGER ZONE roll.  

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

Sinders Path generated a random number between 1 and 28 ... 21!

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:34 am
Brown Mharlith

Mharlith was a pure sweet creature and his intentions in the flight and his desires were equally as pure and un-shielded He wanted to father a clutch and he wanted to do so with Fianth because she was a kind, beautiful and motherly gold who cared for others in the weyr.
What more could you want? Something that matched with him and appealed to him a lot more than the arrogant and domineering golds that also occupied the weyr.(Not naming any names here)

He didn't look down on Krah but nor did he give him much thought, he was another obstacle in the flight just like all the other males and though he would never seek to replace or upset him he was very much focused on the moment. His own lusts, desires and dreams of what could be.

He practically buzzed with joy when Fianth choose to direct a response at him. It feels like I am trying to catch the beautiful sun itself but that will not stop trying! I select the golds I chase wit care for your inner shine matches your outer glow. What a marvelous mother you will make!

He also pulsed his flight lust as a huge encompassing love. Love and lust for Fianth! Love for all the fine bronzes and his brave fellow browns. Love for the grumpy face dragons! Love Love, and love for Krah. Unfortunately it would seem it was not appreciated, because the next moment he was tumbling back having been slapped hard across his sensitive snoot by the angry blue's tail. His head spinning and his limbs struggling to find balance in the air again.

His response to clear rejection was a sad dejected little 'oh'For being attacked by any of his fellow dragons was pain to the gentle brown, happy just to be included in the flight. The thought of retaliation didn't even cross his mind.

Luckily he had a good positive start and even with the knock back he was still in the running.

Positive Traits: Gentle, Caring, Councilor, Teddy bear/Sweetheart
Negative Traits: Bleeding heart, People Pleaser, Brooder.

Round 1: 18+10= 28 Result: 21-3=18

Base Points Brown: 40pts
-Between 16-45 Turns: +10 points
-Fit/Motivated: +10
-High Reaches Native: +5
-Respectful, Polite, Loving, or Kind dragons: +5pts

Total: 70

Strength: 18
Stamina: 17
Wits: 13  
Sinders Path rolled 1 4-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-4)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:36 am
Roll D4 for danger  

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

Revel1984 generated a random number between 1 and 24 ... 3!

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:48 am
Avroth lashed his tail, only calming when golden Fianth spoke to him. "You are right, of course Fianth, as if one such as he stands a chance with one so dear as you" He replied, but his claws still dug deep into the herdbeast he had blooded. He still wasn't happy at the unaffiliated males joining the chase, they didn't deserve to breath the same air as Weyr dragons.... unless they were going to join, and actually HELP the Weyr fight Thread.

When Fianth took to the air, he followed, but fouled his claws in the herdbeast, SHARDS, he had to take the time to shake his claws free before following and as such lost ground, quite a lot of ground, but it meant he wasn't in the range of Krahsujunth's ire and avoided having his Ichor spilled by the frustrated Blue

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Base points for brown: 40pts
- Between 16-45 turns: +10 points
- Average/Normal: +5 points
- A High Reaches resident: +5pts
- Respectful, Polite, Loving, or Kind dragons: +5pts
= 65

Strength: 14
Speed: 11
Wits: 15  
Thaliawen generated a random number between 1 and 29 ... 12!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:59 am
Oh, was the blue competing too? Were he and Fianth in love? Oh, that was precious! Reyinath knew Fianth was a beautiful gold—but maybe he could encourage the blue somehow. Maybe, maybe...

You’re as big as a brown, I’m sure you can catch her!

“ShinosBee”
I’m sorry. xD

—-

Base points for browns 40
between 6-15 turns 7
Motivated 10
HR resident 5
Nice Dragon +5

Total: 67

Strength: 14
Speed:15
Dexterity: 13
Wits: 10  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Nilah44 generated a random number between 1 and 25 ... 21!

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:51 pm
NPC Bronze Picassath

Bronze Picassath had not been an object of the gold's attention, but he would have Fianth's attention before this flight was over! She wanted to be shown, that was just fine with him! I hope by the end of this I will have shown you something as beautiful as yourself, Fianth! He would show her, likely in better terms than he'd ever be able to tell her. He hadn't been the quickest to start so he pumped his long wings to try to make up ground. That put him right in Krah's path. He felt the blue's teeth sink into his hide as he attempted to pass. The protectiveness in him was respected, but only after he had managed to pull free. It cost him a lot of ground, however, and while he blocked out the pain for the moment, you could bet he'd be whining about it later!

Round 1: Strength + Speed = 10+15=25
    Rolled: 21 - 6 = 15
    Danger zone:15 - 29
    1d4 = 2 - Pain lances through you as Krahsujunth's teeth sink into a softer patch of flesh. You trumpet alarm and manage to pull free, but you've fallen a bit behind in the process! -6 to total score.

Between 16-45 turns: +10 points
A High Reaches resident: +5pts

Total 65
Strength: 10
Speed: 15
Dexterity: 15

Nilah44 rolled 1 4-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-4)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:52 pm
NPC Bronze Picassath
1d4 for Krah >.<  

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

Uta generated a random number between 1 and 47 ... 1!

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:22 pm
Olliah half-stumbled away from the pens. Fianth's anger had gripped her, and she had lost herself quickly to the lust and passion of her beloved gold. The bittersweet feelings that welled up inside her seemed double; a broken heart for her queen to be kept from her true love and true choice.... And a reminder that she was well and truly alone. K'ienn had wormed his way into her heart, and then used her for her rank and position; though it had been turns ago, the bitter scars periodically flared with pain.

Where were her suitors? Where were the men, and sometimes women, that might mimic their dragons needs? Though she was high above the mountain range, a piece of her was still quite grounded. Was there no one to cling to when Fianth's passion inevitably would come crashing down upon her? Right now, she was quite alone -- both up in the sky and down below.

((If the winner of the flight doesn't have an interested rider, Olliah is more than ready to pounce some other willing victim. In case anyone is interested.... If there are multiple partners, I'll either pick someone or roll someone. Help your Weyrwoman Second out by giving her a night of passion, not paperwork. xD If no one's interested, I'll toss her in the mixer.))
- - - -

The queen bellowed over the mountain peaks of High Reaches, taking her chasers high up into the skies. There were a few puffy cumulus clouds that had popped up from the rising heat of the afternoon. She dove up and onward, flying through one, and dancing around the other. Let the bronzes, browns, and her beloved blue chase her. The cool water vapor felt nice upon her golden hide. It seemed to cool her head, and her earlier ire at Jirkath and Iptoneth seemed to ebb; it had been rude of her to have neglected some of her suitors, just because one had inadvertently touched a nerve. Perhaps they might forgive her? Flights were an emotional time, after all. So it was, she sent an encouraging bugle, encouraging those behind her on! She knew she needed to fly higher still, and yet, she was not ready to be caught!

No, she had time yet. Time enough to continue to test her suitors mettle an grit, as well as their physical prowess, and flight capabilities. Though her hearts belonged only to the blue behind her, her lust and desire still demanded she play this game of chase. She would not let them draw close yet!

A glance back behind her and the queen watched as Krahsujunth valiantly chased. To see him snap and snarl at those who drew too close, to see him strive to keep up... Part of the queen wanted to slow her paces, wanted to drift closer to the blue. And yet she would not... Not yet at least. She wouldn't risk getting caught before she was ready. Beloved Krahsujunth, you are quite the foe this day! So fierce, so determined, so handsome, so strong... Shall you weed out the weak form the strong? Such a gentleman! Anger replaced by warmth, the queen sent the blue a surge of love and support. She did not care that he spilled ichor.... If they weren't clever enough to give him space, she would easily be able to tell from the ichor that marked them.

To all her suitors the queen did send a large swath of desire, and perhaps, a touch apology. Fianth had always been gentle of heart -- though it should never be forgotten she was still a queen. She could cut when she chose. Kind gentlemen! To lose ones patience in front of such suitors is unbecoming, and I hope you might forgive me. I'm afraid I've gotten off on the wrong foot this day... Might you make my hearts soar and forgive such irritability? It was not a command or an order. Fianth couldn't help but feel genuinely disappointed in herself... She was a High Reaches queen, thank you, and a lady at that! Instinct was strong, and though she did not care for some of the things she saw... perhaps it was wrong of her to make such swift judgment?

The brown Kalikath surprise her with support. The brown dragon at least seemed honest. She laughed at the brown, and sent a wave of encouragement. I could well ignore them... and yet, it would be rude to do so. I have been rude enough this day! She lamented. The brown had kept up with her, and was practically wing-to-wing. She swerved, allowing her tail to brush just past the tip of his snout before throwing herself farther ahead.

The bronze Soheith seemed to be more interested in her blue mate than she. Unusual, really, but once again, the mystery male remained quiet -- even to her challenge. She did not expect words of love, but maybe, just maybe, he was shy. Are you here to chase me or my beloved Krahsujunth? She teased gently. You are a mystery. I might not ask for words of love, but I might well wish to know more than a name. Or do you prefer action over word? It was almost a purr.

Garganth, the scarred, rugged, beast of a dragon was one she had not had a chance to respond to from before. She sent a wave of apology over the beast, gentle, and sincere. His appearance reminded her a bit of her of own beloved Krahsujunth -- scarred up, worn, and almost savage. How sweet of you to fly this day! Tell me, Garganth, what is it you yearn most, Garganth? Love? Lust? A clutch? Or simply a desire to win?

Her eyes were caught next by a bronze -- a very, very, familiar figure to her. The fact that Aveth had joined caused the queen a mix of amusement but also serene joy. Of all the bronzes flying with her this day, this was one she trusted and knew well. I see you back there, Aveth! Forgive my earlier show of temper.... Clever of you to not use all your energy in the first few minutes of chase! Her words were gentle, full of her usual mirth, but ever sincere.

Brown Elzebuth also seemed to be hanging back. She sent the young, handsome brown a wave of encouragement. Another clever brown among the lot! I have heard you're a brown to watch out for, Elzebuth. She half-purred the words. Shall I stay away and have you come to me or shall I draw closer for a better look?

Another trust bronze -- one of the very few -- among her suitors! Bronze Silmarath. Ah, but the touch of grey did not go unnoticed, and she sent him a wave of gentility and affection. She was not in love with him.... but she did care. Silmarath! Would you show grey eyes to me this day? Does my glowing figure pain you so? What words might I speak to lessen your pain? What might I do to ease your burden? I cannot give you what you want. It is I who should ask you forgiveness... for inadvertently hurting you so. She weaved again in her flight, this time slowing just a breath so she might brush a wingtip against his own, one of fond encouragement, before she dove to the side and carried on with her flight.

Bronze Jirkath opened up his fat mouth again, and the queen gave a snort, even as she veered among the clouds, disappearing into one, and shooting out the other side. I warn you now, Jirkath! Watch that tongue of yours, lest I rip it from your maw myself! Her eyes flashed red, and she had half a mind of turning around to swipe at the bronze herself. Unfortunately, he was nothing but a distraction... and probably would enjoy the thrill. Hmph.

Brown Irath said nothing, which was likely just as well. As she dove out of one cloud and into another, the queen called out to him, laughter in her voice. You had mentioned dancing earlier... Do you still wish to be my partner? If so, I'd love to see some of your skills! Not to mention the fact he'd need to be a touch closer... but it was early. All in due time.

Bronze Blundarth had stayed with her for much of her flight. He had been a close contender, and had she been prepared to be caught, along with Kilakath, he might have been an option. But Krahsujunth had caused the bronze to fumble in flight, and though she did not know the stranger, she did send him a wave of encouragement and soothing. Sweet Blundarth -- I'm afraid there is more to catching me than mere words of love. Shall you continue to pursue, or need I have my mate go gently upon you? The bronze certainly looked as if he'd been through a rough time of it. Maybe he'd do better without Krahsujunth's claws?

One trailing far behind was the bronze Oboteth. Fianth sent the dragon a surge of encouragement, even as she carried on taking her suitors through the clouds high above the mountain peaks. Conserve your energy, Oboteth! I am not ready to be snatched, and I am certan you can make up for lost time. You are welcome to fly, and need no permission from me this day! Just as they might all have opportunity to pursue, she would not ask when she made her final choice.

Zijianths answer seemed to please the queen, who hummed in pleasure. The bronze was not so far behind. She sent a tendril of delight at the bronze, almost akin to a caress. I could give you a single memory with which to treasure; but I could also give you more than a night's passion. A clutch might provide you with memories that would far outshine this flight. Your honesty serves you well, bronze! High praise from a queen who did not often think so kindly on the metallics. But you'll have to be faster than that if you wish to catch me! She teased, once again, climbing up into another cloud.

From within the cloud, the queen laughed sweetly, and let her golden voice wrap around Lennoth along with a wave of fondness. It isn't a matter of wroth, sweet Lennoth -- you all have such fine qualities, and are all being so kind. Well. Most of you are.... It will be difficult to choose, but if you keep flying as you do, you might well catch my eye!

Ihiannsith was far back among the pack. Still, the queen was not obliviosu to any of her suitors-- Flights were not new to her, and she knew she had to pay attention to their placement if she were to avoid being caught before she was ready! Conserving your energy -- a wish choice, Ihiannsith! But might you draw closer, so I could get a better look? To stay so far away is a shame! A gentle touch, to ensure the other knew her interest.

Bronze Gareth had been nothing but a gentleman. Though she did have concerns about Delyth -- another part of her knew that the green might desire hatchlings to coo over, too. The bronze was in no risk of losing his hearts, and that was a good thing. Her earlier discomfort was slightly abated, and she instead sent encouragement to the bronze. You are welcome to try, Gareth, and we shall see what this day brings! This is to be a day of joy -- not heartache! Though she knew some -- like Silmarath and even Krahsujunth -- might yet find their hearts broken.

Popping up the top of one of the clouds, Fianth spun on wingtip, and suddenly shot off to the right, towards a new batch of puffy clouds. Lireloth's words pleased the queen, and she sent the brown a wave of joy. This was what a flight was all about! It is kind of you to keep Krahsujunth in your thoughts, though be cautious of his claws should you approach! She warned the brown. Still, she sent a wave of fond encouragement in hopes it might spur the brown on.

Fianth watched as the fierce Dobrokhoth took after her. Even as he was swiped by Krahsujunth, he kept up his paces...sort of. He did seem to be a bit unsteady on his wings! Watch out, dear Dobrokhoth! She warned with alarm. You're fierce, I see, but I'd rather no one crash before the day is through. And what is it you wish this day? Tell me your secrets, and perhaps I'll share some my own.

Bronze Praetoth was indeed a quiet creature... and one who she did not so easily recognize or know. Forgive my earlier neglect!
Your words were kind, though my Krah is quite the protector, as you can see. If it is a clutch you wish, it is a clutch I can give... But it might require you to be a bit closer!
She sent encouragement and joy his way, hoping to urge the stranger on. She needed no protection, but she would need to pick a bronze or brown to secure the clutch she desired.

Meigth remained quiet though she was rather impressed as the bronze actually outflew her! She gave a warble of appreciation and cheer, sending her laughter over him like a caress. How impressive a show of speed! I wonder how long you can keep up such a display? She was curious, and impressed.

At the gossip Hinburath's words, the queen gave a burst of humor. If it was gossip the brown wanted, it was gossip he'd get. Though he was far behind, she crooned and send him a gentle touch, to urge the other on. Time is something we have much of, yet. Like you, I am in no rush to decide or to be caught!

Rixth was also a mystery dragon, but one who stayed well in time with her -- at least until Krahsujunth batted him away. She almost felt sorry for those who would be sprayed with ichor and bruises, but was also quite pleased. It was Krahsujunth who should be with her this day -- not any of the others. If she could but wrap herself around the blue, and let him catch her, she would... and yet. No matter what her hearts ached for, instinct demanded she fly higher, faster, and farther than them all. And that included Krah. An impressive display, Rixth! Close, but not close enough, I'm afraid. Keep that up, though, and who knows what the afternoon will bring?

Severith's words did cause the queen to give a snort. I support all colors, Severith, but I would refrain from calling them them lowers! They are not beneath me, or my kin; they simply are blessed with different physical strengths and weaknesses, but are no less intelligent, clever, or wise than any shining metallic. Krahsujunth was and would never be a lower being or creature. Never would she call any in the Weyr such an insulting thing!

Bronze Tarenoth chased, but was not near the head of hte pack. Still, she offered the bronze a moments apology, and urged his wings to continue. Forgive my earlier display of temper... Perhaps you might forgive the lady? Your earlier words were sweet, and your consideration kind. Don't tire yet, or give up! The day is not yet won.

The song that Argoth sang was truly a delight. Even though it was interrupted by Krahsujunth -- which she, of course, thought nothing of -- she did feel for the poor brown. My Krah is a poet, you know. How kind of you to share your own creativity... And such a voice! You must well be a harper in disguise! Her words washed over him, soothing any pain he might have from the smack.

The brown Nessuth kept up with her well -- but he was held back by Krahsujunth. She did notice the flash of color in his eyes, and wondered if he'd dare attack her beloved. While she was accustomed to Yisketh and Krahsujunth battling over her hearts.... Nessuth was not one she would have thought might bare his fangs. Well. Krah was a big boy, and would put him in his place if need be. You are quite the flier, Nessuth. Such energy and strength might serve you well. Do you think you can keep up with me, though? Time will yet tell!

Tinsereth had out flown them all! Though she had moved quickly, it seemed as if the dragon had found himself ahead of her. It wasn't a bad move -- not at all! He was in a position to catch her if she tired, or even if she made a wrong move. And yet, he did not know where she next might turn. Such energy and speed! Don't use it all up right away now, Tinsereth! She purred. The afternoon is young, and I am not ready to be caught! How else shall you try to impress me?

Bronze Rynsaith was hanging out near the back of the pack. Still, the queen urged the bronze on with a wave of support. How is the view for you back there? Conserving your energy I see -- I do enjoy a clever dragon! Might I encourage you to approach, dear Rynsaith? The flight was early yet -- there was time enough, and it well could be anyone's game.

Brown Zioneth was indeed a character! The brown was a stranger to her, and yet, he already seemed to have made enemies of some of her suitors. Well.... That didn't bother her any. Perhaps he was a serial chaser, perhaps he had gotten in the way of some of the High Reaches natives. Still, she warbled encouragement at him all the same. A little fuss and fight never hurt anyone... and he at least had not been rude to her. A feisty stranger, I see. Making enemies among the natives so soon? She asked curiously, and without judgment. Who was she to judge when her own beloved was tearing up any dragon that grew near? It was obvious Fianth enjoyed a bit of a battle for her attention.

Iptoneth spoke, and for a moment the queen said nothing. As she played among the clouds, having the males chase her to and fro, she thought of his words, of Ariath. She didn't understand why he would chase her when Ariath would rise again.... He was all but ensured a clutch. Had Krah been a brown or a bronze there would have been no competition! And yet, Iptoneth had a choice! It irritated her.... for Ariath's poor hearts ... but instinct was strong. She had to rise, and could not choose Krah for all that she wished it. But it was also different.... wasn't it? I think we have a difference of opinion, but.... now is not the day to speak or argue. Forigve my earlier display of temper. You are not like some bronzes I know, and Ariath and I might make amends. Besides which -- had not Ariath also taken Yisketh as a mate once? . . . . fair was fair. Even if he was as much a scoundrel. You'll have to catch me if you can, Iptoneth. And don't you dare invite Ariath here for Yours again! It was almost a command. Sweet as she might be, this was HER afternoon. This was HER moment, this was HER time, and instinct would turn her into a murderous beast if another gold dare draw near. Even knowing Rhianth had flown over these same peaks days ago cause something in her to tense....

But it was not a day of anger. No. Just a day of joy.

Bronze Vagarath was quite the character. He took her at her word, and that pleased her so! In fact, he had actually managed to out pace her, or at least wind up slightly ahead, before Krahsujunth took him down with sheer force. The queen sent her beloved a wave of love, but also let encouragmenet and a gentle touch wash over the other. How impressive, Vagarath! You are strong, and swift, and can take a hit... I would not mind seeing more, if you are able. She would need a good look at all her suitors, after all.

Brown Mharlith.... Well, now the queen's ego couldn't help but enjoy his charm. The fact that the brown claimed to be selective in his choice, and thought her to be a fine mother. Well, why shouldn't she wish to be admired? Krahsujunth loved her, and that was all she needed... but sometimes she did feel as if she were simply overlooked. It was hard to be in the shadow of Eveleth, and of course, some of the louder queen's of the Weyr. Such sweet words, Mharlith, and from such a sweet tongue. What sort of father would you be? She wanted to know. Would a brown serve her better than a bronze? No one, of course, would be better than Krah.

Oh, poor Avroth! The queen sent the brown a wave of support and fondness. A bit of a swift start, there Avroth. I have no doubt your strong wings will carry you ahead soon enough! Fly strong and fly on if you wish to catch me!

Reyinath's encouragement to Krahsujunth did not go unnoticed. So it was, the dragon was sent a wave of pleasure from the sparkling queen. She did not know this one well, but it did not matter. You warm my hearts with such support... .though it is a fantasy. Why do you fly this day? What dreams do you chase?

Bronze Picassath and his skills did cause Fianth to laugh. She reached out to the bronze, sending him amusement and curiosity. You certainly rose to the first challenge, Picassath! But it is early yet -- what more might you be able to show me? Courage? Strength? Skill? Creativity? Catch me if you can!

Disappearing into another patch of clouds, the queen let laughter lead the bronzes on. They would have to put their all if they wanted her... but the reward would well be wroth it.

- - - -

Please roll Strength + Dexterity + Wits! She's flying through a patch of clouds. Which direction will she go? Up? Down? She's high enough up that the air is thinner, and she's still not slowing her speed. All your precious darlings need to make sure you keep up!

1. Strength 25 + Speed 10 = 35 // 26
2. Strength 25 + Dexterity 12 + Wits 10 = 47

Fianth's Stats
Rising Gold: +55
Between 6-20 turns: +10
Fit: +10 points
Blooding Bonus: +10
Total: 85

Strength: 25
Stamina: 28

- - - - CURRENT PLACEMENTS:

faesinger

houllow

Tsunake

tatterpixie

Mr Cheri

Shaddaling

The_Muffin_Puppy

ChaosTheories

Meepfur

Andranis

BastetAmun

SilverLutz

demon_pachabel

magnadearel

Smerdle

AstoriaFallen

medigel

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

Strawberri Stardust

stella cinere

Hattaki

Dea and #Teddy#

Sinders Path

Revel1984

Thaliawen

Nilah44

ShinosBee generated a random number between 1 and 35 ... 31!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:22 pm
If Krahsujunth could have his wish, it would be to be alone in the sky with his Fianth. She bobbed before him like a mote of pure sunlight, ever just out of reach...try as he might. Of course, he was not alone, and the air was soon full, like a hornets' nest that had been shaken up. A thunder of wings and trumpets and bellows, it was chaos. And he was in the thick of it. He crooned to her, one brief moment of softness for her alone, before he turned his icy gaze back to the rest. My queen among queens, golden goddess of the sky, she-whom-I-would-lay-my-life's-tribute-before, my Fianth, they none of them, of us, are worthy to soar beside you today. But as a choice must be made, I will devote myself to making sure only the best rise to meet you, love of both of my hearts. Together we will suss the best out, decide the right one, so that all your children, our children will thrive! Several males edging too near felt the bite of his wrath. Some he simply warned off, eyes flashing red. Others, those too close, or too unlucky, were not spared. A few of them seemed almost confused at his assault, and the blue snorted impatience. Why would he simply roll over to let them claim his love, let them get between him and her?

No, he'd never been one to go down without swinging, and they should simply consider themselves lucky that he wasn't fixated upon them as he had been before with a certain bronze. Others seemed understanding, even respectful, and he could appreciate the fire in the few like Nessuth that snapped back, or flashed their own teeth in turn. He'd been fighting all his life for Fianth, they ought to at least try to do the same! Vagarath even took a swing at him, claws dragging over his flank enough to draw thin lines of ichor. It was nothing like the wounds his old clutchmate had rendered him, but neither did it enrage him half as much. This one had fire, and sometimes that was needed.

Though one or two among them were doing their best to reignite that white-hot flame of fury he'd felt only for Yisketh before, for now he did his best to ignore them. He held no personal issue with Iptoneth, though Fianth's feelings were his own enough that he had cast a glance or two back at the bronze, ever redder. And Jirketh...He was ready to carry the pain of any words or attacks of these males, but to hear slights and cuts aimed at his Fianth? The flight had barely begun, and he was not about to shed a decent start just to drop back and deal with certain irritants. If they drew nearer, or became too insulting to his dear mate, well. Her happiness was above all else. He would drag them from the sky gladly, and leave them dashed against all Seven Sisters in turn, and feel no guilt over it.

Uta

-----------------------------

KRAHSUJUNTH'S STATS
Strength: 12
Speed: 18
Stamina: 18
Wits: 13
Bonus +10 to all rolls

Rolls: 22+41+X+X+X=63

Beware Krahsujunth!
Danger zone:Roll of 34 - 48 AND total of 53 - 73

If you roll in this range, roll an additional D4 and check your results below!
1 - The furious blue comes streaking towards you, claws outstretched! You manage to duck out of the way of his strike, but it costs you a bit of movement. -2 to total score.

2 - Pain lances through you as Krahsujunth's teeth sink into a softer patch of flesh. You trumpet alarm and manage to pull free, but you've fallen a bit behind in the process! -6 to total score.

3. Out of nowhere the blue swoops in, flying right into your path. For a moment you think you can duck around him, then CRACK! Like a whip his tail snaps out, striking across your snout! -3 to total score.

4. You edge a bit too near to the blue for his liking, and he snarls a warning at you. Thankfully, another rival catches his eye at just that moment, and you're spared the feel of his claws...for now.

ShinosBee

Nerd

Tsunake generated a random number between 1 and 38 ... 13!

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:27 pm
Oh? Ohh! She spoke to him, all honey-sweet and warmth that made his eyes whirl all the faster with growing adoration. I am not so sure I know! He responded with honest and enthusiasm. Love would be nice! But having many strong hatchlings would also mean love, and that is very nice! I chase because you deserve many choices, yes? Many choices for many strong hatchlings!

And that was when it hit him. The blue who was so ferociously harrying the competitors, the way the golden beauty would cast a gaze to him with all of the affection in the world...

You are mates! He all but bellowed, his eyes briefly tinging yellow with worry. No wonder the blue did not relent so! This was admirable! Then I will fly for hopes of making the best clutch for you, and for him! This is a worthy yearning!

---

About Garganth: Garganth is an immense creature, scarred and snaggle-toothed from fights with other dragons during mating flights. As a result, he looks rather bestial, and his tendency to stay more quiet only lends to the idea that he is a vicious, brutal creature. In truth, Garganth is not the brightest bulb. He prefers the simple and straight forward, and will gladly throw himself at any task assigned to him. He is a sensitive beast to boot, often flinching away from harsh words or insults. From a young age, he was forced to learn how to be gentle due to his size, and he is an affectionate, eager-to-please creature once he feels he can trust someone. And it isn't hard to earn his trust. Those looking to manipulate him will find a perfect target.... assuming they can get past his rider

NPC Garganth's Stats

48 Turns turns: +7 points
- Fit/Motivated: +10 points
-Unaffiliated: +1
-Respectful, Polite, Loving, or Kind dragons: +5pts
Total: 68

Strength: 20
Stamina: 20
Wits: 8