Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Snagem Guild
Victory Road [Paldea Arc] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2024 2:33 am
The Psychic Braincell

"Weeeeell that pup that showed up earlier wouldn't leave me alone until I gave them something to eat, and by the time I did that, both of you were long gone. You both missed the part where I actually got here around the same time, but I thought the ice cream would be a nice gesture so I just rewound a little bit longer so I had the time to get that and come back," Aden explained, a nervous tone increasingly present as he feared what he might be bludgeoned with first between Reno's arm and whatever blunt instrument Crystal decided to make in the moment.

"...which is a fancy way of saying that I don't know where the gym is, and I could finagle that one if you don't mind events repeating themselves. But I'm pretty sure there's a certain Celebi already wanting to have words with me, so I don't think I'm up for pressing my luck further today. Winning the race was kind of a neat bonus...? If it makes you two feel any better, karma came in the form of puppy because somehow they ended up time traveling with me and haven't left my side since."

A bark would be heard in response, an enthusiastic 'hello' coming from the weird bakery escapee when they felt like they were being referred to.  
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2024 5:51 pm
Crystal looked at Aden, eyes narrowed. “Time shenanigan cheating, got it.” She then looked down at the little pastry dog, raising a constellation eyebrow. “I don’t know if that’s a downside, to be honest. They’re pretty adorable. Thanks for the ice cream, at least.” The hybrid would look at the ice cream cone, noting the salt block. That couldn’t really be a salt block. It was probably a sugar cube, and maybe this was more like a brown sugar ice cream, with that kind of swirling in there. Odd that they’d do a plain sugar cube instead of trying to get a brown sugar cube, but those were probably much harder to make and keep their shape over time. She went ahead and took a lick with her yellow tongue, and her tail shot straight out in the back. Everything was wrong. It. Was. Salty! And she just could not compute. She would just stare out straight ahead as any processes going on in that head of hers just crashed. Anyone searching for surface thoughts would only hear ‘Why is it salty?’ over and over. Maybe the occasional 'It lied!' in there as well.

Someone may need to try and reboot the cat.  

Espeon_Commander

Crew

Universal Explorer

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2024 7:50 pm
Reno would only pause to pass his satisfyingly salty ice cream to his prosthetic as Aden finished his explanation of the rampant abuse of power that he had gone through just purely for the pursuit of ice cream. And after that short pause, he would immediately take a quick swing to smack Aden on the back of the head. "You abused the space-time continuum for ice cream. Couldn't have at least made a little more of your day besides to rub in that you were here first?" Reno grumbled in between licks of the ice cream, looking down towards the small dog that now appeared to be the mascot for the trio. Well, might as well introduce himself to the thing that was liable to become a marketable plushie for them.

Crouching down to look the Fidough in the eyes, Reno would pet the small Pokemon. "Well, welcome to the team. You've already time traveled, so now all you need is to jump dimensions and get chased by a psychic ghost and you'll officially be part of the club."

He had more to say but he could almost feel the strange psychic energy that Crystal appeared to be emanating. Sighing as he ceased his petting, Reno would stand up and look over towards Crystal in the midst of her bluescreen. "Well, lets get finding the Gym. Maybe we'll be lucky and something will jump out to us for finding it?" Reno told the pair, slowly finishing his ice cream before extending his prosthetic arm and flicking Crystal on the nose with as much force as he figured it would take for a person made of metal to register it as a stinging pain. Which, given his only other person to judge such a maneuver off of being Leslie, meant it was likely to be a touch more painful than he intended. Not even waiting to see how mad Crystal might be from the attack, Reno would already be setting off down the road towards the depths of Levincia.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2024 3:24 am
"Downside, probably not, but inducting a time-traveling bakery runaway wasn't exactly on my to-do list today... er? Crystal?" Aden stepped forward after Crystal seemed to stop after a single lick of the ice cream, waving a hand in front of her before the sudden surface thought of 'It lied!' struck his mind and questions of salty ice cream kept looping. "I know ice cream being salty's a little weird, but I didn't think I'd break her..." He thought maybe a jolt would help, but Reno's slap threw him off the notion and left him rubbing his head instead. Maybe for the best; it'd probably take him throwing a punch to really have an effect, and chances were more likely that effect would be Aden hurting himself instead.

"Yeah, I. Probably deserved that, ow. For what it's worth, finding the gym ahead of you two didn't feel like it'd be any fun. And hopefully won't end like the last gym we went to."

The walking pastry pup, utterly clueless at what any of the remarks meant, was just happy for the pets and gave a bark in response before following after Reno. Aden lagged behind for the moment, wanting to make sure Crystal was alright. Or at least as alright as a reality-hopping metal cat who just got betrayed by ice cream could be.  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Espeon_Commander

Crew

Universal Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 9:39 pm
The reboot would begin after Crystal would correct herself from the ‘flick’. It was probably close to a punch in strength, and not one that was pulled. She rubbed her nose, grumbling as she looked back at the ice cream cone. Or, what was left of it, at least. It appeared her ice cream also lost its balance, as she found the majority of it on the ground. Keeping quiet, she merely laid her ears flat against her head as the ice cream got deposited into the nearest garbage can. At the very least, she was going to eat the cone while she followed after Reno. She was already getting a bit salty, so, what was a bit more added onto that?

While they walked, she wouldn’t be paying nearly as much attention to her surroundings, only doing the bare minimum to keep out of people’s way. She’d be more lost in her own thoughts, running through what had happened. Starting with probably the most ridiculous- 404’ing on some salt flavored ice cream. Yes, there may have been some sweetness in there as well, but she had gotten caught up in the fact that the predominant taste was salt. Though, was that sort of reaction really necessary? Probably not. She might have even become maybe okay with it, had she not dropped it. But, that was out the window now. Thinking further back onto the discussion of Ultra Space, she really did wonder how they had not chased her back here yet. At this point, with all the Ultra Space incidents involving this reality in such a short amount of time(among other things), it was almost certainly a matter of when rather than if. If not trying to track down Polaris(no, she was not going to refer to her by Freth’s nickname. That honor went to people that she honestly cared for. And she did not qualify.), then for any of her shenanigans that she caused. She was not looking forward to that, and honestly hoped that it was just some sort of oversight. That maybe they overlooked this reality. If it came down to it, though, she’d try to make herself the target, though, and try to get them to chase her while she left home. Again.

And speaking of leaving, she’d jump back to deciding to first leave onto this. She could have gone with the Path of Legends. It sounded interesting enough. But why this? Why not even stay at the academy? With as much traveling as she’s done recently, despite being back in her home reality, one would feel like she should want to stay put. But this feeling of restlessness just reared its ugly head. She knew the feeling all too well. It’s usually how she decided she needed to leave that particular reality when she was elsewhere. But again, she was in her home reality. Or at least what she believed to be her home reality. She shouldn’t have this feeling again, and so soon. And she made damn near no mention of what she was doing except to the absolute required people she needed to. Which… Again, tracked for how she left a lot of other realities. No mention of anything to anyone. Just one day, disappeared. It was easier than saying goodbyes every single time, making it harder to want to leave. No, it was easier to just disappear, at least for her. And not get too involved in other events with disparate Snagems, recent travels excluded. The hybridhooped they were alright, thinking of them. She had just kind of caused chaos and then just… bailed. That was the worst of it, too, she figured. Left in the middle of some major stuff- “Light, burn me,” she cursed, at least in her own unique way, finally speaking up. Without explaining herself, she pulled out her SNAG, beginning to furiously type up a message while taking to a wall to lean on. With everything that had happened after the weird not-Shadow land Tentacruel, she hadn’t checked to see how Darts was doing.

Quote:
-Message-
Hey, hadn’t gotten to see how you’ve been after everything went down with that land Tentacruel. Hope that the academy’s treated you fine so far. So, I know Doc and I were probably pestering you before all of that stuff at the port. Thinking about it, I hope we weren’t getting on your nerves, but how you acted seemed… maybe too chipper, and we were both worried. I didn’t want to try and press too hard, though, to be honest. If you want to talk still, I’m completely fine with it, though I’ve left the academy myself with Aden and Reno to attempt to do the gym challenge here in Levincia, with a nasty habit I’ve picked up of telling practically no one of my plans. Kind of comes from traveling alone for far too long. And if you don’t want to talk, I get it. I don’t know what, or even if anything’s up with you at the immediate moment, but I hope you’re doing alright.

Catch you later, maybe?
Crystal

When she pressed send, she grumbled and put her knuckles on her forehead. “Light, I feel like such a crap friend… Sorry about earlier, guys,” she'd apologize to her friends, sighing. "I.. probably shouldn't have had a... minor breakdown over a flavor, I guess?" She looked behind her, inside apparently, since she hadn't realized she took to leaning against a window instead of a wall. Then, looking up, she raised her eyebrow at the building, seeing it sprt a red and white outline of a Pokéball, with a symbol inside the inner circle that presumably was their icon for the gym challenge here. "Uh.... you think this is the place?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 11:23 am
I found my way out from the inn and started to make my way off to the Pokémon Gym. If one could call it that, that is. I’m still left a bit reeling from the culture shock as to how things roll in Paldea. It is still a case of to each their own, but it just really didn’t feel like that. At the very least the trip from one city to another still seems to be generally a trainer’s trial by fire if the constant Pokémon battles and Pokémon upkeep is anything to go by.

It took a little bit, getting across town, moving about the various foot traffic on the sidewalks and managing the streets, but eventually I would make it to the distinct building that stood out. The Artazon Gym. Making my way inside, I adjusted my vest and walked inside. As soon as I did, I did realize that the lobby stood out fairly well as opposed to the one in Cortondo. Art was everywhere. Paintings mounted on every wall, hung from nearly every ceiling tile, a small painting of a still life was even there at the receptionist’s desk. But oddly…the subject matter was all Sunflora. Just…Sunflora. Either this was a grass type gym or someone REALLY loves their Sunflora. I shook my head and approached the receptionist at the desk. “Morning. Looking for the gym leader for a Pokémon battle.” I told her.

“Ah yes. I do suppose you know before all of this you will have needed to complete the trial before Brassius sees you.” The receptionist stated.

“I am aware. And if it is anything like Cortondo, I take it the trial is not here.” I said.

“That is correct. You are not from here, correct?” she hands over a pamphlet containing a simple map of the city. “Head to the Sunflora Lawn across town and they will be able to help you out.”

“Sunflora…lawn. Okay…got it.” I said, staring in confusion at the pamphlet for a second. “Thank you.” I then made my way back out of the gym and started to make my way off to…whatever this place is.

I couldn’t help but to think at this point about back at home. Truth be told we did do trials like these at one point, albeit at the very least they were localized within the gym. But considering the work to maintain the various trials, it wasn’t really worth the effort. My teacher, Pryce, was a big opponent of it to begin with well back in the day before that, and just stuck to his guns that the only trial was to deal with him. It eventually got to the point where none of the gym leaders really wanted to do anything like Paldea is doing now; just keep it simple, people have to travel miles just to get to the next gym just let them battle already. The gyms back at home had apprentices that could also battle in defense of the gym, but it wasn’t necessarily emphasized until almost about a decade or so before I finally became an apprentice of the Mahogany Gym.

Incidentally, some would argue that since I became the apprentice of the gym, things kinda gotten worse for the gyms of Jhoto. Though they are a vocal minority. About a year or two after I ended up being an apprentice, taking all my battles under the banner of the Mahogany Gym seriously, raising my Pokémon with care, and so on, the other apprentices of the Jhoto Gyms in particular, to which there were only four others apart from me, held themselves to a higher standard, to the point that one might say that the gyms just effectively had a second gym leader in it. The apprentices themselves became that ‘trial’. And incidentally, we made it extremely difficult to get through the Jhoto Circuit of the Indigo League. Roughly two or three years before Snagem came together the first time, the turn out for the Indigo League Championships were at record lows for the Jhoto Circuit. What was roughly an average of 500 competitors every year was down to a paltry 64 competitors before qualifiers. In fact, they ended up not having to bother with Qualifiers that year. Effectively, we WERE the qualifiers.
Of course, such a thing caused a uproar, claiming it was boring or anything of that sorts, that it discouraged people from even trying to participate and give up, or at the very least, if they can, go elsewhere. That we needed to dial back on the difficulty. Those directly involved in the Jhoto Circuit would come back with a resounding ‘get over it’. While admittedly it is discouraging, it was purposely so, with the mentality that one needed to learn that if they commit to this, removing Pokémon from their habitats for their own personal gain, to claim responsibility over their actions and their Pokémon, and a whole other long laundry list of things, then they got to understand that such a thing wasn’t easy street. It was going to get difficult the longer they go, all the way up until they see the Elite Four, if they make it that far.

Truthfully I was left to wonder just how much different Paldea takes things as compared to Jhoto. It honestly seemed like the gyms were secondary, maybe even Tertiary. It’s a side thing instead of a major function of the region. The gym leader of Cortondo was saying that she was primarily a baker in that town, that running the gym only came second. Though…was she really running it? I couldn’t help but to shake my head at it; there were things about the region I just couldn’t really see the logic into.

I eventually found my way down the path the map lead me and found what seemed look like a farm house. There wasn’t necessarily a garden here…but there was a very large yard, fenced in by wood posts. I walked down the long driveway, trying to find someone to talk to, double checking the pamphlet to make sure I was in the right spot. As far as what I could tell, I was…but this place looked kind of deserted. I followed the driveway to the front door, stepping on the porch, and gave a knock on the door. I waited for a moment only for no answer to come. “…uh…”

“Excuse me?” I perked up and looked down the side of the house, seeing someone, an older female at the corner of the house. “Can I help you?” she asked.

“I’m here for a gym trial?” I asked.

“Ah yes. I’ve been expecting you. In fact, I already got your trial already started.”

“Wait…what?” I asked.

“The Artazon gym enlists the help of the Sunflora Lawn for their various trials. Usually in that of playing with the Sunflora.”

“…There’s no Sunflora here, though.” I asked, confused.

“That’s because your trial is a game!” he said. “Hide and Seek!”

“…the Pokémon league does realize that not everyone that comes out of the Academy to take a gym tour isn’t a five-year-old, right?” I asked.

“That is why the Sunflora you’re looking for aren’t limited to the Yard. The whole town is your playground.” I couldn’t help but to look back towards the town. The streets, buildings, gardens, trees, nearly everything that spanned for miles within the city…suddenly I regret my choice of words. They can be anywhere in town. “…you have got to be kidding.”

“You’ll be looking for ten Sunflora throughout Artazon. You won’t have to battle them and you can distinguish them by little Violet and Orange band collars. They won’t be hiding in any buildings, but that’s about all you get. You have until sundown.”

“…suddenly rolling gigantic rubber olives doesn’t sound so bad.” I said to myself. I took out my SNAG and took a look at the clock. Until sundown? That’s 10 hours to scour the city and wrangle a bunch of Sunflora. As I looked at the map of the city, I took notice to the fact that this place was in one gigantic circle, kind of like Lumiose. Everything expands out from a pavilion and a gigantic windmill. Even knowing they weren’t going to be inside any building of any kind, that is still a lot of ground to cover. I needed to get started sooner than later.

As I left, going back down the path out of the Sunflora Yard, all I could imagine doing was effectively try to work on the outer edges of town and work my way in. This was all based on the assumption of course the Sunflora were not going to constantly change hiding spots around town. Just go in a tight spiral as best as I can around town and work my way towards the center. It was probably my best shot, but the time is still probably going to be rather tight.

Finally leaving the yard, I started for the outer edge of town, but much to my confusion, as I cleared the yard and started to go around, I noticed something I hadn’t noticed when I came in the yard. One of my targets…asleep. Propped itself against a giant wood carving of a Sunflora outside the gates of the yard. I couldn’t help but to stare in confusion for a moment, checking the clock on my SNAG once more to see what time it was here in Paldea then stashed the SNAG once more. “…I have never heard of a Sunflora that is not a morning plant.” I said. “I don’t know if you’re lazy or a gimme by the yard.” I then walked over and nudged the Sunflora with my foot. “Hey, wake up.”

“Sun? Flooora?”

“Wake up. I’m supposed to find you and others, right? Get up. Making sure I got the whole lot of you.” I said.

“Sun-flora-flora?”

“……no, you’re not sleeping in. Get up or the next shower you are going to have is going to be arctic cold.” I said, charging my ice beam, already starting to lose patience. The threat made the Sunflora’s eyes go wide, a rare sight in and of itself. I am starting to hope not all the Sunflora are like this one. Getting the Sunflora to follow me, I started my way off towards the outer edge of the city.

With the various foot traffic and buildings about the town, getting around and trying to keep up with a whole bouquet of Sunflora was going to be a bit problematic. It almost left me to wonder if these Sunflora will blend in with actual trainer owned Pokémon. Its not as if Sunflora were all that distinct other than with those collars they got on.

“Do you guys just go for random hiding spots or do you have some place assigned to you?”

“Sun-flora.”

“……don’t know. Let me guess. You always found the opportunity just to leave just to outside of the yard and not go beyond that.”

“Sun-flora-flora.”

“That’s not exactly anything to be proud of.” I said rather deadpan. What the hell is with this one in particular. This is perhaps the most slothful Sunflora I have ever dealt with.

“I continued to go about down, past various houses and vendors out on the streets, trying to find some sign that a Sunflora was nearby, but so far no luck. Given what I was feeling out of this Sunflora, I had the feeling that they’re not going to be able to be sensed with my instinctual senses either. Their general pressure was generally low, probably deliberately so. I’m probably not the first avian hybrid, let alone one that could sense pressures, they had to deal with, so they did whatever they could to maintain the challenge all they could. Either that or this Sunflora following me was a small fry.

Moving around the street corners, down sidewalks, past various venders selling their food or knick-knacks, I eventually ended up at some sort of park. Various stone statues, shaped like squares with a hole in the middle were mounted. I took notice, seeing a little plaque mounted to a bar that was embedded into the ground. It was a work of art, apparently. In fact, all of these squares were. Stone carved…into rounded square donuts. “….God, I don’t understand modern art.” I sighed to myself. I try to be more cultured than this, admittedly…but my God, what am I to make out of rounded square white donuts? Before I managed to walk off, I noticed something. A light snoring sound… “…?” I got curious, finding it odd…at worse, I figured there was just some homeless guy around. It wasn’t…in one of the donut statues, I noticed a Sunflora dozing the morning away. And as I kept studying it, there was the orange and violet collar. “…you guys get bored easily, don’t you?” I asked the one that followed me from the yard.

“Sun-floraaa.”

“Hey. Get up. Time to go.” I said. “I’m not coming back for you. Get up.” The stone donut woke up, seeing me then slid off the sculpture, joining its friend nearby. “Hopefully the rest of you guys will be out in the open like this…it’ll make life easier.”

Once again, I made my way off around, past the art works…only to find more art works. Now that I was looking at it, it seemed like the entire perimeter of the city was lined with various works on display. Or at least it felt like it. Though instead of more stone donuts, they were statues of Sunflora. All in the same pose. I stared at it…a mournful one. A rather sad looking one. I humored the thought, looking up out towards the sky where the Sunflora was looking and I realized something. It was looking in the path of a sunset…not sunrise like what a Sunflora would be. I found another plaque with the name. ‘Surrendering Sunflora’. Oh wait, I heard about this…this is it? Surrendering to what though? At least whatever it is, it’s been given a lot more thought than stone donuts.

My senses started to trip just then. A presence close by. I looked around, not seeing anything really other than the whole row of Surrendering Sunflora statues. “….?” I followed the statues down until I finally stopped at one. “…..really?” I asked. One of these Sunflora wasn’t like the other. This one just didn’t belong. Though I had to admit, unlike the other two Sunflora with me…this one…is actually doing work. By not moving. Still as the statues its lined up with. The more I stared at it, I ended up having to surrender a slight laugh. I had to admit…that was kind of funny. “Alright, jig’s up, pal. Get down.”

“Sun-flora.” It spoke, hopping off the pedestal and joining the others.

With three down, I finally made my way off some more then took out my SNAG to check the clock and started to look a little dismayed. Three Sunflora and I already wasted about a couple of hours somehow. Worse, I haven’t made a lap around the city as of yet. This wasn’t good. Though, if the rest of the Sunflora were on this outer peremeter, then maybe I can find them in short order. But if I am caught up having to find Sunflora trying to mix in with art works, this might be a bit troublesome. Now that I thought about it…that’s the trick around here, isn’t it? The Sunflora was the excuse to the bigger picture. Its all art here. It’s a freakin’ art tour. The city as the museum. Sundown was closing time. I couldn’t help but to face palm at myself. This is not what I expected as a gym trial at all.

I continued on to scour the city, with what I hoped was a clue in tow. I probably didn’t need to circle the city like I originally thought I did. Followed by the Sunflora, I eventually found the flower garden, carefully planted and colors separated to make a picture to be seen from above. A Sunflora was hiding in the flower bed, just as I suspected. Following a path from there, moving around town, I was continuing to test my theory. I found my way off to what appeared to be a garden hedge maze. The maze wasn’t that maze like, probably to help prevent tourists from just getting outright lost. But there were actually three more in the maze, one that was posing as another Surrendering Sunflora statue. Another one in an arboretum in the center of the maze. One that was dozing off at a dead end on the far side of the maze.

Going through the maze ate up a fair bit of time, much to my chagrin. It wasn’t so much in trying to find the Sunflora in the maze. Truthfully, I kind of cheated that part by flying up and looking down towards the maze. The problem was trying to not only realize what way I needed to go with my feet on the ground, it was trying to corral all the Sunflora and guide them all out. Just the Sunflora that I had with me was a pain in the butt to get them through the maze and hope to God they didn’t separate from me when I was trying to find ourselves out of the maze. To say the least, they did. I could only hope this was about as frustrating as it got in the city.

Rushing about the city, the hours continued to tick by and I eventually found three more. One was posing as another Surrendering Sunflora statue on a pier over a park pond, another one hidden at a artistic mural on the other side of that same pond, then finally one at a nearby play park, stowed away under a play fort, around where a children’s slide was at. So far so good, I suppose, but now I was one short. I once again took out my SNAG and started to realize the time. Not only I ended up skipping lunch at this point, I started to realize it was starting to get into the evening hours. Sundown was going to be in a little over an hour. “Son of a…are you serious?” Apparently, even with that clue in mind, I ended up having to scour the entire city for them…at this point, I could have sworn I had. I didn’t see any other one. “Blast it.” Was the clue a red herring? Was it only a coincidence they were in those spots other than the lazy one from this morning? If that was the case, then I would need to start over and comb this city again. Try to figure out where haven’t I looked.

I quickly corralled the Sunflora and started to make my way off back for the center of town; I checked around the off beaten paths, the various other gathering spots, the Pokémon Center, even the practice court where I trained my Pokémon and fought those Star thugs last night. Still no luck. This last one was making it difficult for me. I once again checked my SNAG, looking at a map of the area. There were a few spots across town that I happened to not check on my first pass around there under the assumption that it was art they were hiding in. I didn’t have much time at that point. I needed the shortest route I could. I quickly scoured the map and then figured out perhaps maybe what I assumped to be the shortest path to get to the other side of town. This was my last attempt…I was probably not going to have enough time to go anywhere else. Heck, just maybe making it back to the Yard was going to be tight if I so happened to have found the Sunflora right then.

I started to rally the Sunflora once again, trying to make sure they kept moving. I rushed down a nearby street and started to cut through one alley after another. It was about the best shot that I had to make it across town. I turned a corner and then I skidded to a stop. “…you have got to be freakin’ kidding me.” It was a wall. Sure, it would have meant nothing to me…but to nine other Sunflora…yea. I’d have to lead them around again and try to find another way. I once again pulled out my SNAG. This alley wasn’t really showing up on the map in any capacity. At that point I ended up sighing, feeling resigned. This was the screw up I couldn’t have afforded in this gym trial.

“Sun-flora.” I perked up, looking down at one of the sunflora, but then had a realization about something. Looking back behind me, I noticed the rest of the sunflora and started to stare at them rather odd. “…1…2…3………wait, ten?” I then looked down at the Sunflora right by me. Practically double taking, even Triple-taked in fact, until it finally clicked. “You little scamp! Really!? Get in line! You’re going back to the yard.”

“SUN-FLORA!” the grass Pokémon shouted, defiant.

“Don’t.” I said, warning the Sunflora.

“SUN-FLORA-FLORA!” The plant hopped back, it wanted a fight.

“Of course you do…” I said, taking out a PokéBall. “Cubchoo! Get to it!” I called out, tossing out the ball.

Once the ball landed, the ball pops open, and a flash of light came forth. “Cubchaa!” Cubchoo cried out upon released, followed by a sneeze and its long dangling frosty snot to hang from its nose. I did not have time for this. If this Sunflora wanted to fight, I was going to make this quick as possible. I still had to corral it and the other Sunflora back across town to the yard.

“Sun-flora!” The Sunflora shook its head then with mouth open wide, fired off a hard flurry of seeds, rapid fire.

“Cubchoo! It’s a Bullet Seed! Move it!” Cubchoo tried to run off, but there wasn’t that much room in this alley. Dive and duck as Cubchoo tried to do, the Sunflora eventually hit its mark in short order, pelting Cubchoo.

“Cubchoo! Icy Wind!” I shouted.

“CUB-CHAAA!” The Cubchoo retaliates, pushing through then breathes out a harsh biting wind towards the Sunflora. The Sunflora yelped out as the stinging ice bore down on the grass Pokémon, causing a fair deal of damage. It started to tremble from the cold overtaking it.

“There! Move in! Ice Punch!” I then shouted. Cubchoo then quickly rushed in, its arm starting to frost up fiercely. As the Sunflora managed to get over the icy sensation all over it, it was greeted to a icy paw straight to its face. The Sunflora started to frost over as it gets sent flying backwards. It went into a tumble only to be forcefully stopped by the nearby alley wall.

The Sunflora shook its head, reeling from the attack, but then managed to pull itself back back to its feet. “Oh you’ve got to be kidding. Buddy, if I have to carry your unconscious self all the way back to the yard, I will do it. I do not have time for this.”

“Sunflora!” The Sunflora defiantly yelled. The Sunflora then with a furious waiving of its arms, fired off a flurry of flurry of Razor Leaves towards Cubchoo. Once again, Cubchoo couldn’t help but to just hold steady and take the hit with not much room to dodge in this alleyway. “Cubchoo! Use Slash attack!” I then shouted.

Cubchoo pushed himself through the Razor Leaf attack, claws out then started to swipe away at the Sunflora. The Sunflora tried to weave about to avoid the attack, but Cubchoo stayed well on the Sunflora’s case, managing to give it a furious Slash and drove it to the ground once more. This time, it wasn’t getting up.

“…was that worth it? Or…were you told to do that?” I then asked. But with the Sunflora out, I wasn’t getting an answer, for certain. I sighed then went over, picking the Sunflora up off the ground and carried it in my arms. “If I ever have to deal with Sunflora again, it will be too soon.” I said. “Alright, the rest of you. Move! We don’t have time to stall, we’re heading back to the yard.”

Me and the gaggle of Sunflora made our way out of the alley and started to make our way back to the Yard. I ended up having to go in a bit of a jog because time was tight and I was doing all I could to get back in time. I would have loved to go faster, but between making sure the Sunflora stayed together and following me, I would probably out run these guys too easily.

It took effectively the rest of the time I had but I finally made it back to the yard with perhaps only a few minutes to spare. “Oh, I see these Sunflora had fun.”

“Depends on your definition of fun. Either way…this one had a little too much…’fun’.” I said, handing over the knocked out Sunflora to the yard attendant.

“Ah yes, this one tends to prefer getting into Pokémon battles than actually hiding.”

“…I’ve noticed…” I said.

“I’ll call ahead and let the gym know that you have succeeded in the gym trial. Check in at the gym and they’ll take care of you there.” I stared at the downed Sunflora in confusion, something the attendant took notice to. “Don’t worry about this one…this happens all the time.”

“Wait, you mean the battle I had with it wasn’t part of the test?” I said to her. “That’s…worrying.”

“Oh, heh, its just something we roll with. If trainers couldn’t beat one rogue Sunflora, what chance they have against the gym leader anyways?”

“………you’re…not wrong.” I said. “Thanks…” I then walked off away from the attendant as she guided the bunch into the yard, probably to turn in for the night considering. I figured to go find the nearest Pokémon Center before I went after the gym. At the very least to make sure Cubchoo didn’t get extensively hurt somewhere. I wanted to give the Gym Leader no quarter if I could help it.

As I continued on, I once again passed one of the Surrendering Sunflora statues, the solemn look of the flower as it looked out towards the skies. Just as I thought earlier, it was staring at the Sunset, as opposed to the sunrise. For whatever odd reason, I found myself compelled to think for a moment. I was left wondering why in the world is this a ‘surrendering’ sunflora. Maybe it wasn’t so much as ‘surrendering’ as it was ‘resigning’ itself. Something bad was happening. It clearly isn’t happy the sun is going away…but…these artists usually went into some deeper meaning. Whatever the case, this piece is apparently the most famous in Paldea, at least for the time being. “…hmm…” I just shook my head and started to continue on to the Pokémon Center.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
Team Snagem Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers