Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Game Room
Name that Tune - List is Completed Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which do you prefer?
Let each list run until it is complete
22%
 22%  [ 8 ]
Change the list after 1 week, even if incomplete
25%
 25%  [ 9 ]
Change the list after 2 weeks, even if incomplete
14%
 14%  [ 5 ]
Other (please post)
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
No preference
11%
 11%  [ 4 ]
Gold!
22%
 22%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 35

Lil-Jo
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:59 am
keetabirdy
Malheureux
keetabirdy
I did some tweaking to the amount of the prizes. I want to be able to keep this going for quite a while, so I lowered the amounts a little, so I could be sure to be able to afford it.

I was somewhat conserned about this as well. Perhaps (since they cannot participate in the guessing and thereby have no chance of winning) the person who submits a list of songs should make a contribution to the final winnings if they can afford it. Or maybe bragging rights could be prize enough. This could become quite a pixellated financial burden for Ms. Keetabirdy, even if she may currently have millions of gold pieces. When you start passing out your gold by the thousands you can become rather broke in a relatively short period of time... Just ask Mikey Jackson...
Well, we'll see how I do for a little while first, before I start asking for help from the players. I think I should be able to handle the amounts I have listed there. I mean, part of the point of giving the prizes was simply because I like donating to people smile

rofl Mikey Jackson rofl ... it was a joke, not one of the players...  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:29 am
Lil-Jo
keetabirdy
Malheureux
keetabirdy
I did some tweaking to the amount of the prizes. I want to be able to keep this going for quite a while, so I lowered the amounts a little, so I could be sure to be able to afford it.

I was somewhat conserned about this as well. Perhaps (since they cannot participate in the guessing and thereby have no chance of winning) the person who submits a list of songs should make a contribution to the final winnings if they can afford it. Or maybe bragging rights could be prize enough. This could become quite a pixellated financial burden for Ms. Keetabirdy, even if she may currently have millions of gold pieces. When you start passing out your gold by the thousands you can become rather broke in a relatively short period of time... Just ask Mikey Jackson...
Well, we'll see how I do for a little while first, before I start asking for help from the players. I think I should be able to handle the amounts I have listed there. I mean, part of the point of giving the prizes was simply because I like donating to people smile

*blinks* I know that...When I was talking about help, it was as far as donations go...  

keetabirdy

Friendly Gekko

Malheureux
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:11 am
Lil-Jo

Silly Lil-J ... smile I meant ask Mike about how your riches can evaporate when you start passing them out by the thousands... NOT ask him for pixellated gold rofl  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:23 pm
I know that my interest in this contest is fun, not gold. I doubt I'm alone in this.  

Blackwing Rose

Lil-Jo
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:39 pm
Blackwing Rose
I know that my interest in this contest is fun, not gold. I doubt I'm alone in this.

Same here... I like the challenge.

At this point I would only be able to guess what is left by searching the net and I am not going to cheat on this... takes away from the fun.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:09 am
No, you two are alone.

Just kidding. I, also, am not really interested in prizes - in fact, it was kind of a turn off. It always has been for me, so I didn't try real hard (gave up and googled after one post, really, so I know what all the songs are, now, but I ain't sayin'.) Bragging rights, on the other hand, sound very attractive, as you may have noticed.  

Harbone
Crew

keetabirdy

Friendly Gekko

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:44 pm
xd well if no one wants prizes, I don't have to give them. I just like the idea of donating to people. *shrugs* I can change the poll yet again and have people vote on it or something....or I can just say that people can forgo their prizes if they don't want them, and just stick with the bragging rights  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:49 pm
Next Hints

Initials of the musical or artist(s)/ group that sings number 9

N.J.

Initials of the musical or artist(s)/ group that sings number 14

K. M. K.  

keetabirdy

Friendly Gekko

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:02 pm
However works best for you, Miss Keeta. I agree, donating can be fun.

It's also nice to be around a crowd of people who enjoy the fun of a challenge. So many of the younger crowd here in Gaialand seem to have come to the conclusion that it's all about the $$$... xp

Too bad they can't enjoy the site as it was meant to be enjoyed. I get such a kick coming to the guild because all of you bring such a great attitude with you. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:31 pm
I'm not greedy. Bragging rights are fine with me. I just love playing the games... but I think that's obvious... LOL!

Some of our Geezers are relatively new to Gaia and some are questing. Don't know if this exists but how about a guild donation center for Geezers only... Geezer to Geezer? I don't have all that much gold but I would gladly donate to such a Geezer center. Not sure how such a thing would be managed though. Suggestions, anyone?  

Rhiannon2006

Malheureux
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:21 pm
Rhiannon2006
I'm not greedy. Bragging rights are fine with me. I just love playing the games... but I think that's obvious... LOL!

Some of our Geezers are relatively new to Gaia and some are questing. Don't know if this exists but how about a guild donation center for Geezers only... Geezer to Geezer? I don't have all that much gold but I would gladly donate to such a Geezer center. Not sure how such a thing would be managed though. Suggestions, anyone?

I don't think that would be possible because you've got to go on honor and there are so few honorable youngins. They'd just make a mule/troll and say they were a fogie just to get the gold. The way to do it would be to find someone you believe is a true old timer and just give 'em some...
User ImageGold that is...  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:25 pm
I understand what you're saying, Mal. There have been a couple of youngsters that have posted here but they were not members. I was suggesting this would be available to guild members only. It would be a challenge to manage but maybe it could be done. It was just a thought. smile  

Rhiannon2006

Malheureux
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:44 pm
keetabirdy
Next Hints

Initials of the musical or artist(s)/ group that sings number 9

N.J.

Initials of the musical or artist(s)/ group that sings number 14

K. M. K.

Ok... I give... UNCLE!!

Can we do that?? *hand raised* I vote for giving up...  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:05 am
Rhiannon2006
I understand what you're saying, Mal. There have been a couple of youngsters that have posted here but they were not members. I was suggesting this would be available to guild members only. It would be a challenge to manage but maybe it could be done. It was just a thought. smile

And a fine and noble thought indeed 3nodding but even in a members only guild how do you know if your members are truly from the stock which you would like? How do you know if they're really old farts? By their word. You have nothing else to go on and the young whipper snappers of the up and coming generation are not to be trusted, especially with the annonymity offered here on the World Wide Web. Kids these days have been brought up with a "Do-whatever-it-takes" mentality. Not the honesty and honor under which we were reared. The phrase "Word is bond" means nothing to these young punks...

Oops... I think I'm ranting... This is not the rant forum... I'd better quit... before da' Brat kicks me outta here...

Malheureux
Crew

Rhiannon2006

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:20 am
Brat won't give you the boot, Mal. It's a Geezer right to rant... whamp people with a cane... from time to time. xd

You're probably right. It's unfortunate that some people don't know the concept of honor. It was just a thought. Oh well, whatever prizes I get here or elsewhere I'll keep watch a for Geezers seeking donations. It's good for Geezers to lookout for fellow Geezers. biggrin  
Game Room

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff