Back to Guilds

Tags: Dragonriders of Pern 

Reply Old Events
Ieirne Weyr Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you rise to meet Thread when it rains down on us again?
Through Fall, fog, and fire I shall!
54%
 54%  [ 6 ]
By the shards of my dragons egg, I will.
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
...uh, is there a third choice?
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 11

ST4RCASM

Benevolent Liege

14,165 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:32 pm
((lmao)) Akira smiled, yet she felt so different, kinda like an outcast. She kept her mouth shut, and watched the other people talking. Bored, she decided to play with her little comrads, in an attempt to occuply herself.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:30 pm
((Just a warning, I'm bringing another character in. His name is Maris, and he is recuperating from bad anger-management. eek ))

Maris wandered through the halls warily. He'd been shown the candidates' barracks upon arriving, but after that he'd been left alone. Some of the search rider's comments had suggested that he explore the Weyr. Feeling a bit rebellious at having been snatched from his home (not that it had been much of a home), but more angry that the Harper there had been behind letting him go. He finally paused just outside a doorway. It was the Lower Caverns, where he could here bits of conversations and smell food. He realized that he was hungry, and his stomach had had a part in leading him to food.

Quickly, he stepped through the doorway and to one side, easily blending into the shadows. In a burst of cold air, his two green firelizards Branett and Kardell came out of between silently. They swooped low, Branett taking her place on Maris's shoulders, as was her right as the older green, nd Kardell perching on the rough wall behind him. Their yellow-green eyes whirled slowly as they took in the whole room.

------

Lina stood, laughing a bit. T'gal and Fayre seemed to be getting along well together. But she wasn't so sure about Akira. She was rather young compared to most of the candidates. Lina walked over to where the food was and piled a plate with all sorts of food for Akira, as well as pouring a cup of klah. As she brought the whole thing back and set the plate and cup in front of Akira, she caught sight of a young boy and two firelizards in the shadows. Hmm. He seemed about Akira's age. Maybe they would be friends.

She smiled at her companions. "Well, now, isn't this a cheerful bunch," she said. "Why don't we all talk about something else. How about the eggs?"

She smiled. The eggs were the whole reason they were all here.  

Cherished Strawberries
Vice Captain

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:07 am
M'gor grinned at his Weyrmate from his spot at the table. "That's a great idea Lina. After all, they're alot of the reason for the candidites being here."

---

T'gal nodded in agreement. "That's true. If I may, Lady Lina, how many in your Mith's clutch? After all, I beleive this is her first time, correct?"

----

Kes turned towards the conversation then. She wanted to know too. She was also keeping an eye on the new arrivals.

Her bronze firelizards; Bari and Karim, had returned to her finally. Tattle had taken to hiding in her hair again.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:56 pm
Lina smiled. "Mith has clutched fifty," she said. "Incredible, I know, since it is her first clutch. But she is rather unusual. There are two eggs that she's rolled away from the others. Two queens! Can you imagine?"

Zim and Merrin trilled happily.

I'm not unusual, am I, Lina? And there may be only one queen. Or maybe none.

How true, my dear. You are the most perfect of queens, with nothing to mar your beauty or intellect. Your wisdom is too great.

Stop teasing...

I wasn't teasing...

---

Maris started at this new bit of information. Fifty eggs, two of them queens! He wasn't sure he'd heard right. He'd only been listening to the conversation loosely, to see if he'd been discovered. They were on a safer topic than his abrupt arrival, but that last bit...

Branett and Kardell chirped quietly. There had been other large clutchs. They didn't understand that only the famed Ramoth of the Ninth Pass had ever produced a clutch that large her first year. And no where in the recorded history of Pern had there been two queen eggs. Maris's brow furrowed. This would be interesting.  

Cherished Strawberries
Vice Captain

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:27 am
T'gal's eyes widened. "Shards! Fifty eggs, two of them might be queens! That's absolutely amazing. My Barith was in a clutch of twelve when Benden's Queen rose her first time. This many in the first year is absolutely amazing."

Toph landed then on his chosen's shoulder and nudged him.

T'gal laughed at him and handed him a scrap of food. "This fellow finally decided to make his appearance. His name is Toph."

The blue trilled at the greeting.

-----

Kes stared, clearly dumbfounded. She'd seen a Hatching at Honshu, of course, but the queen had been in her third nesting year before she'd had over twenty. If she remembered correctly, that queen had only had ten her first year.

She inclined her head in the direction of the queen outside. She was glad she'd made friends with her and Lina, otherwise her next comment might have offended the lovely queen. 'You truely are a marvel Mith. It has truely been my honor to meet one such as you.'

Bari and Karim chirped in agreement from her shoulders and little Tattle stuck his head out long enough to squak an agreement as well.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:20 pm
((Sorry! I was out of town, then jet-lagged, and Mondays are just awful for me in general. >.<))

Fayre stared at the Weyrwoman for a minute, as shocked as the others that Mith had laid such a large clutch, especially one that might have two queens! She'd been at a few hatchings, but they were usually twenty-something in size. Fifty was a very large number, especially for Mith's first year. Things were looking a bit more promising for the Candidate, now. With so many dragonets that would be hatching, surely she'd Impress.

A little confused by Fayre's thoughts, brown Terran squacked at her. Zaidan opened his eyes and stretched out his wings slightly, giving a slight squack in reply to the smaller brown. Fayre sent calming thoughts toward both fire lizards, reaching out to scratch the eye-ridges of Zaidain. Both calmed slightly, and Terran landed on Fayre's shoulder.

Dystopia Lycanthropia

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:53 pm
Kes turned and offered a warm grin to Fayre. "Isn't this exciting? When I was brought here from Honshu, I never expected anything like this. What about you, Fayre right?"

Bari and Karim chirped at the other candidite in inquiry with their companion. Tattle popped his head out and squaked shyly in question.

Kes's thoughts were slightly confusing to them. All three understood the excitment about the hatching but not why there was such shock in dealing with the soon-to-arrive dragonets.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:24 am
firewolfnin
Taren walked about the weyr. She had grown board and decided to do what she always did up north, explore. She had gone from room to room trying to memorize the layout of the weyr. This was her new home and she would have to learn to navigate it without problem. Kana and Kona sat on her shoulders. The sister greens hummed softly along with the tune Taren hummed absentmindedly.

Taren had become skilled at staying out of the way of dragonriders when she had lived in High Reaches Weyr. It was even easier here. Dragons and riders spent a lot of their time outside in the sun, something that was not a wise in the cold of the High Reaches mountains. The candidate continued to meander about the infinite halls, not having a real destination.

T'gal noticed the wandering candidite as she passed. "Hey there! Come and sit with us, you must be lonely all by yourself." He grinned and scratched at Toph's head. "Those bottomless pits of yours are probally hungry too, and Toph won't mind the company." He rose and pulled a chair out in clear greeting for the young woman.

Barith warbled in amusement. Your kindness is endearing, mine. Though the chivalry that goes with it is very rusty.

T'gal glared in his dragon's direction. 'Funny Barith, quit messing around.'

The blue chuckled at him but said nothing more.

T'gal turned his attention back to the candidite. "Well, you coming? It's an open invitation and I certainly don't bite."  

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

firewolfnin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:16 pm
Taren smiled at the bluerider as she walked toard the chair he offred. "Thank you." She said sitting down. Kono and Kana chirpped a thank you as well. "I neve know what to do with myself when i have free time." She said trying to explain why she was wandering the weyr.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:14 pm
T'gal grinned generally at her. His blue firelizard, Toph, also offered an equally warm welcome to Taren's two greens. He shook his head. "So anyways, let me introduce myself. I'm called T'gal, rider of blue Barith. I beleive you're a candidite here. How are you enjoying yourself here so far?"  

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

ST4RCASM

Benevolent Liege

14,165 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:19 pm
Akira eyes wandered to the new arrivals. "well, i see that new visitors have arrive, welcome." she gave a small smile, yet she felt left out. "alright then, so Lina, i am still a bit confused as to my purpose, but i understand what you are talking about. ((i started reading the books lol now i understand)) A Queen with fifty eggs, unusual i must say, but i must be mistaken, i am no weyrwoman, and nor do i think i would make a good one. Everyone one here seemes to have a fair sense justice, and that i do not belong hewre, yet i will do my best, all i am here is to watch and try to understand this vast conversation."  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:19 pm
M'gor turned to watch the candidite speaking with his weyrmate. "It's Akira, isn't it? Tell me then, if you would, if you feel you do not belong here in the weyr, then what is it that keeps you here? Dragons know good people and the dragonrider who found you on Search must have seen good in you. You doubt yourself and your place here, it's natural, but given time, I believe you'll make quite a name for yourself here. Your very nature dictates you'll make a gentle dragonrider."  

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

firewolfnin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:46 pm
"I am a candidate, my name is Taren." Taren replied with a friendly smile. "I am loving it here. Everyone is so nice and friendly." Taren said in reply.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:41 pm
Akira looked at her firelizards. "i stayed here for it is more of my duty. i can't say i remember where i come from, i have no home so i guess i will see what comes next in my new fate as a dragon rider, or not..." she looked over at the person talking to her. "i thankyou for the complament, yet this search is strange to me. I still don't understand that in this world of men, why is it that women are thought od weaker, and men stronger, then why choose women over men to hatch a queen egg? This mystery buggs me..."  

ST4RCASM

Benevolent Liege

14,165 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Popular Thread 100

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:43 am
T'gal smiled at the girl. "It's my pleasure to meet you then, Lady Taren."

----

M'gor shook his head. "Depends on where you're from, I suppose, how women are treated. To be truthful, the female dragonrider is often the most valued in a weyr. The gentler nature of a woman draws the green and gold dragons to them. Men may be physically stronger but by no means are we better than women."

Cadeth warbled in agreement to his rider. Well spoken, M'gor.

The Weyrleader smiled faintly. 'Thanks, my old friend.'  
Old Events

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces