Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Stephenie Meyer Guild™

Back to Guilds

Tags: Twilght, Vampire, Jacob, Edward, New mon 

Reply Eclipse
The Red Ribbon Meaning[Eclipse Cover Spoiler] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DarkestAngelSins

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:57 am
The breaking of the ribbon probably is a sign of Bella becoming a vampire.

Symbolism smile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:18 pm
Mezo the strange
Everyone's guessing a Jacob/Edward clash. And it might be that or it could be something else. I'm just looking at possibilities. =D

Now that would definitely be interesting.  

Hitokiri-hime

S p r i n k l e

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:04 pm
It could be that time is running out...for....  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:38 pm
i cant wait till eclipse come out!!!

the ribbon does not seem significant but the style is curren twith twilight and new moon a random red object on a black background  

Skyeyes_1218

Scapula

Wheezing Lunatic

11,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Threadmaster 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:04 pm
Kinara
(...c00kiem0nster...)
I think the ribbon is like a time line.
The rip is when they were apparent in new moon
Red because of passion/ love
winding because its complicated

Hum, I agree with you here. I also think that the tear in the ribbon has to do with Jacob and Bella's relationship - like something terrible is going to happen to them. Do you remember what Stephenie said? I specifically remember her saying something along the lines of, to people who said they disliked Jacob right to her face, "Well, we'll see what you think about Jacob after the third book." T_____T I hope nothing terrible happens to him!

Maybe Edward is with Bella and ends up having a run in with the other werewolves and they try to attack and Jacob saves them =-p

I think the cover symbolizes Bella being torn between Jacob and Edward and being Mortal and Immortal.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:30 pm
Dominic Knight
It seems to me that the rip is representing of where her life ends as a mortal and begins as a vampire. There are still some threads holding the ribbon together, however thin they are. So, there is still the connection to her mortal life even though now she's in her immortal one. Then, the winding is because her life is now intwined with Edward's because now they can live together.

THAT MAKES ME SO HOPEFUL. :3

I LOVE YOU.
CAPS ARE NECESSARY.

<33

Reels

xxfluffmasterxx

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:56 pm
Kinara
(...c00kiem0nster...)
I think the ribbon is like a time line.
The rip is when they were apparent in new moon
Red because of passion/ love
winding because its complicated

Hum, I agree with you here. I also think that the tear in the ribbon has to do with Jacob and Bella's relationship - like something terrible is going to happen to them. Do you remember what Stephenie said? I specifically remember her saying something along the lines of, to people who said they disliked Jacob right to her face, "Well, we'll see what you think about Jacob after the third book." T_____T I hope nothing terrible happens to him!

yeah agree i think the tear has to do with the relationship how bella has to choose between edward n jacob  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:47 pm
This is Hikari's anaylisis (if I spelled that right. And I didn't):
The Fates (the goddess in greek and roman mythology that held everyones fate in those days in there hands, and could cut it if they wanted to) used thread or ribbon to represent life. They would cut it when it needed to be cut, and destress certain parts. The gods had golden thread, or thread that never ended (depended on which book or site you read). These threads also applied to the immotals (nymphs, vampires etc.)
Enter color. The color of the thread/ribbon (thread for men, ribbon for women) depended on the purity of the person who it belonged to. White was pure, black was the most un-pure, and blue was the half-way point. Red stood for those who have been associating with bad creatures/folk.
The fray is a really, really, really, really, REALLY hard part in the life. SO hard, it seems like you want to kill yourself.
I doubt that's what it is, but that's my story, and I'm sticking to it.  

hikari_the_ninja

Orgasmic BOOM

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:29 am
hikari_the_ninja
The Fates (the goddess in Greek and roman mythology that held everyones fate in those days in there hands, and could cut it if they wanted to) used thread or ribbon to represent life. They would cut it when it needed to be cut, and distress certain parts. The gods had golden thread, or thread that never ended (depended on which book or site you read). These threads also applied to the immortals (nymphs, vampires etc.)
Enter color. The color of the thread/ribbon (thread for men, ribbon for women) depended on the purity of the person who it belonged to. White was pure, black was the most un-pure, and blue was the half-way point. Red stood for those who have been associating with bad creatures/folk.
The fray is a really, really, really, really, REALLY hard part in the life. SO hard, it seems like you want to kill yourself.

That would make sense but Bella is past that, but supposedly the book is called Eclipse because it is the darkest time in Bella's life so perhaps she gets to a point where things suck but if she has Edward( or Jacob.. I'm rooting for him but it is unlikely) then why would she kill herself?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:32 pm
Raezyn101
-coughcoughhackchoke-
Go re-read your Twilight, guys.
Stephenie describes the kiss almost exactly the same as the time before he leaves her on the James incident.
Re-read your New Moon.
Stephenie describes this almost identicle before he leaves her.

Now re-read that passage; 'like he was afraid we had only so much time left to us.'

I'm not saying he's leaving, but rather showing that it's basically the same. An event is going to screw their relationship.
That's just my idea. :3

As for the cover...-goes to make an announcement-
Well, it's got to be something about Victoria, no? She's on the loose, and she's after Bella, so there's got to be something to do with that. Maybe he's out hunting for Victoria, because she's on the prowl for Bella? I think that by the end of it, she'll be a vampire, and she'll be in one piece... with one or two scars and scratches. xd  

kkthxbaiibaii

kkthxbaiibaii

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:35 pm
Orgasmic BOOM
hikari_the_ninja
The Fates (the goddess in Greek and roman mythology that held everyones fate in those days in there hands, and could cut it if they wanted to) used thread or ribbon to represent life. They would cut it when it needed to be cut, and distress certain parts. The gods had golden thread, or thread that never ended (depended on which book or site you read). These threads also applied to the immortals (nymphs, vampires etc.)

That would make sense but Bella is past that, but supposedly the book is called Eclipse because it is the darkest time in Bella's life so perhaps she gets to a point where things suck but if she has Edward( or Jacob.. I'm rooting for him but it is unlikely) then why would she kill herself?
Or it could mean the killing of her flesh, when she converts over to being a vampire?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:35 pm
Theres alot of Red things here:

The Womans Scarf
Blood
The Ribbon that was tied around Bella's stereo perhaps
or Just a plain Ripped Ribbon

oh well i will have to wait untill next saturday to read the first chapter of Eclipse in back of the Soft Cover Edition of New Moon. yay! blaugh dramallama

( Well what i thinks going to happen is that bella would have to scream at both of them to leave her alone for a week or more to figure out which is better and the risks of choosing either of them

Like For Werewolves:

-Positives-
Smell Vampires domokun
Faster Then Vampires eek
Never get sick blaugh

-Negatives-
exclaim Phase when sad/angry exclaim
evil Hot Tempered evil
stare Tons of Rules stare

Vampires:

-Positives-
Gifts (Specific Powers)
Very Fast
Only one Rule
Never Get Sick
Smell Werewolves
Human Charistics double when Turned

-Negatives-
Hurts when Turned into a Vampire
Very Attracted to Blood

and both of them i think for Bella would be Very Hard, but if i were her id go with Vampires since there is more postitives and less risks then the Werewolf)  

Kaitie1920

xoxAthenaxox

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:19 pm
oo i never thought about it that way. i guess you could be right but red can be many things like previously posted.

i love the covers of these books... so simple but powerful  
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 3:59 pm
Autruna
Forlornhope13 is probably correct, that this is either a) an illegal picture of the cover or b) not even the real cover. It is set to be revealed at Eclipse Prom. Perhaps Stephenie will briefly discuss the meaning there. It is very difficult sometimes to understand the symbolism of a cover without having read the book.

The old saying, 'Don't judge a book by it's cover' can be taken literally and applied here.

No It is the real cover! You can look on her website! She has also already stated that only Twilights cover was really symbolizing...so unless the rip in the ribbon symbolizes a great...ummm how to phrase....descruction of something valuable it is probably just decorative!  

perpetual_insanity_1213

Reels

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 1:12 pm
So, I looked up Red Ribbon on Wikipedia:

Quote:
Foremost, it is the symbol of solidarity of people living with HIV/AIDS.

:O

BELLA'S GOING TO GET AIDS!

No, no. Kidding.

No, I remember reading somewhere that she was very happy with the cover design, because unlike New Moon, it symbolizes something, like Twilight's cover.

I think it has something to do with Bella's humanity. Like, the ribbon is her life line, and once it snaps, she becomes a vampire/dies. But, she can't very well die. She's a main character! :O

&Yay. First chapter of Eclipse is going to be read/in the New Moon special edition in three days. :DDD

Eclipse

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff