Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Game Room
men vs ladys Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 1739 1740 1741 1742 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Whose all here?
  Man
  Woman
  Alien
  Animal
View Results

katana68

Partying Conventioneer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:35 pm
hmm, mine will make it 54....  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:04 am
56, I wouldn't have thought a guy would come up with a way of torturing himself and all other guys in the game room by inventing a game he could never win blaugh  

Azure Alexea

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:25 am
FallenSammy

But gettin more blokes to play would be a solution we get the girlies in so why can't ya get the boys in?!? And you say handicap we say cheatin as it was changed to make it easier for you guys rather than recruitin! And I have an argumentative streak in me lol
Ah, this is where explaining sportsmanship comes in. "Cheating" refers to when a game is closely or evenly matched and then one side uses tricks, bends rules, or just flat out breaks rules in order to give themselves an advantage over the other team. "Handicap" on the other hand refers to when a game is unevenly matched {such as in this circumstance in which there are over twice as many girls than guys} and one side is given some kind of advantage to even the odds.

For example, if a professional basketball player were to have a 1 on 1 match with an amateur, the professional would easily beat the amateur because they have more skill in the game. To make things fair, the amateur would be given a handicap of some sort, such as each point scored being worth more. This way, the advantage the professional has over the amateur by having more skill is nullified and it is considered an even match.

Note that "cheating" gives an advantage -over- the other side, whereas a "handicap" gives an advantage to make one side -even- with the other. They are not interchangable words as they have different meanings. The men's team in this thread was given a handicap to nullify the advantage the ladies' team had by having more members, thus making things "even", though as I stated before, even with our handicap, the ladies' team still has a 12 point advantage.

As far as recruiting more males goes, that would not work for a few reasons. One being the fact that this guild has more active female members than male members. I don't know of the ratio of male to female members in the guild, but I lurk enough to realize that on any given thread, you will see more females responding than males, thus showing which gender more actively participates in the forum.

Secondly, males generally care less about male vs. female games than females do as females feel the need to "prove themselves" by defeating males in any possible manner presented to them. In other words, if us males were to go around advertising this thread to try to get more males, chances are we would only end up recruiting more females and the guys would not even be interested.

Most importantly, being that the game is already unbalanced to a degree in which it would take about 7 more guys to even out the teams, most guys would simply elect to not even join as they know their team is going to lose anyway. People generally do not want to play games that they know they will lose, especially guys as we often believe the point of a game is to win it. If there is no winning, then there is no point.

If our situations were reversed, I'm sure many females would have quit already or complained about how unfair it is. The only reason you ladies are having fun with the game is because you're always winning and you know you will always win, and the only reason that some of us guys still participate is because we don't care so much about winning.

Current count is 52

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:09 am

MotherMoo

BlackCatt73

Dangerous Shapeshifter

8,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:41 am

Actually, I would rather it be more of a challenge, but don't really care who wins, but seeing the same side win each time is kind of boring to me rofl I have ADD, after all!  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:48 am
maybe you should join the men's team wink

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

BlackCatt73

Dangerous Shapeshifter

8,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:55 am
lol, would'nt that be a twist rofl But... ummm. no wink

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:06 am
I said it before, we out number the men playing this.

Nei1

Toxic Punk

24,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Married 100

lady ayami chan

Virtuous Saint

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:18 am
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:36 am
EXORIAN MANDATE:
POSTS BY MALES HENCEFORTH SUBTRACT 4 POINTS AND MALES CAN POST UP TO THREE TIMES PER DAY.

CURRENT COUNT IS 54.  

Exor Omega

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:43 am
lol 56.

Can I give a half for the boys? -blows them kisses-  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:46 am
/laughs darkly to himself

Well, I guess that depends on which half......... twisted

Oh, don't mind me LOL

Exor Omega

lady ayami chan

Virtuous Saint

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:56 am
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:56 am
Exor! You have a very smutty mind today!

It's very becoming. -big wink-

56 (I feel like I'm repeating myself...)  

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

Exor Omega

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:58 am
Exor Omega
/laughs darkly to himself

Well, I guess that depends on which half......... twisted

Oh, don't mind me LOL

Well... I blame you? sweatdrop I'm just kinda wired today 3nodding  
Game Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 1739 1740 1741 1742 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games