Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Out of Character Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:34 pm
Kowsauni
It takes all the Soldiers focus just to keep her bound, leaving Revenge attacked this round.

... pardon?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:56 pm
Rain Yupa
Kowsauni
It takes all the Soldiers focus just to keep her bound, leaving Revenge attacked this round.

... pardon?

I meant un-attacked  

Kowsauni
Crew

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:53 am
Mongooseh

Your up!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:55 pm
Kowsauni

Question: how exactly is the earth immobilize attack working? Namely, with the one mage that just immobilized Corsica. What ACTUALLY happened, magically/visually?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:59 pm
Rain Yupa
Kowsauni

Question: how exactly is the earth immobilize attack working? Namely, with the one mage that just immobilized Corsica. What ACTUALLY happened, magically/visually?

The mages are summoning spikes of rock and earth that pierce or wrap around the legs of thier targets, immobilizing them. As long as one of the mages hits the target in this way each round the spikes of earth stay in place. Corsica has been hit by at least one mage attack each round so the earth spikes holding her in place have never given away. Thier is no energy component of the spell that travels from the mage to the target. Revenge would just see the mage looking at Corsica as he waved his arms and chants his magic spell, though earth spikes might shift a little as they do damage to the target.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:27 pm
Kowsauni
The mages are summoning spikes of rock and earth that pierce or wrap around the legs of thier targets, immobilizing them. As long as one of the mages hits the target in this way each round the spikes of earth stay in place. Corsica has been hit by at least one mage attack each round so the earth spikes holding her in place have never given away. Thier is no energy component of the spell that travels from the mage to the target. Revenge would just see the mage looking at Corsica as he waved his arms and chants his magic spell, though earth spikes might shift a little as they do damage to the target.

Ah, I wasn't sure if the earth would 'recast' and reinforce itself or something, meaning perhaps one mage might only have one leg of hers pinned, rather than a full complement keeping them all pinned. But that is not the case, it seems.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:21 am
[quote
Despite Ruin's bluster, the Arian blocks his attack. These soldiers appear to be no slouches. The dark cloud the Hexblade created then fades away, revealing the battle taking place behind it. Twyla and Ruin both notice S56 seems to be casting some sort of spell on Fumiyo while S53 is dragging her along.

Quote:
"She stammers out to her friends I-I'll take care of this guy. We can't let them get away with Fumiyo!"

Can Ruin tell if it is a Save Ends type of hold spell, or would he have to roll an Arcane check?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:49 pm
You would have to take a standard action to roll an Arcana check if you want to figure out exactly what kind of spell is being cast on Fumiyo.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:59 pm
So there's no misunderstandings, you aren't expecting me to roll falling damage for being thrown 20' in the air, correct? I figure you would have rolled it if it was applicable, but making sure that the absence of you rolling it doesn't necessarily mean you're waiting for me to roll it.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:06 pm
Rain Yupa
So there's no misunderstandings, you aren't expecting me to roll falling damage for being thrown 20' in the air, correct? I figure you would have rolled it if it was applicable, but making sure that the absence of you rolling it doesn't necessarily mean you're waiting for me to roll it.

She threw you 20 feet away long wise, not 20 feet up in the air, sorry if that was confusing. She purposely tossed you in a way that would not further exasperate your injuries.  

Kowsauni
Crew

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:04 pm
Pretty sure this is Kuori dies a slow death.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:05 pm
So S34 ... petrified?  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:20 pm
Correct, he was Petrified by Petra.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:42 pm
SCN_ Grey_fox
"Twyla, I would suggest falling back and seeing Syliva... " Ruin said before rushing off to catch up with Fumiyo's viziers, hoping the soldier would follow him instead of attacking her.

Minor action: Armor of Sacrifice (daily) Spend a healing
surge. One ally within 5 squares of you regains hit points
as though he or she had spent a healing surge.

Are you trying to target anyone in particular with this or just throwing it up in the air for someone to use.  

Kowsauni
Crew

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:15 pm
Kowsauni
SCN_ Grey_fox
"Twyla, I would suggest falling back and seeing Syliva... " Ruin said before rushing off to catch up with Fumiyo's viziers, hoping the soldier would follow him instead of attacking her.

Minor action: Armor of Sacrifice (daily) Spend a healing
surge. One ally within 5 squares of you regains hit points
as though he or she had spent a healing surge.

Are you trying to target anyone in particular with this or just throwing it up in the air for someone to use.

Throwing it up into the air; Twyla Ying, Illya, Arthur, and Valac needs it, and each was close enough to Ruin at some point of the turn. I figured Mon and Fish could argue over it, if neither one wants it give it to one of the NPC's.

It wasn't doing Ruin any flavors.  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games