Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 2 - Heart of a Monster (Completed) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 80 81 82 83 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:05 am

The Squall before the Hurricane

User Image
(The dark green is all underbrush, providing partial concealment and being difficult terrain to move through. Large tree trunks and rocks occupying more then one square provide full cover and blocking terrain; otherwise they provide partial cover to medium creatures and full cover to small creatures. The fallen tree trunk provides partial cover to the mages. The large center rock a climb check to climb over )

Initiative Order
Twyla
Ruin
Kuori
Insect Girl
Arian Mages
Valac
Revenge

Kuori moves forward but finds the thick underbrush holds her back and she only gets to U27. She also feels the Mages might have noticed her presence. (the dark green squares are difficult terrain, and you can only move over the large boulder in the center by climbing it). The insect girl seems surprised to see the Goliath suddenly pop out of the underbrush to speak to them.

((Twlya your up!)
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:10 pm

"But she's so far away!" cried Twyla, pushing through the thick brush. She wasn't even half of Kuori's height and she found it so hard to make much progress in this forest. "I'm too short to tangle with tendrils! I'm going to see if I can go around."

As she sought to leave the forest, she began to hum under her breath, getting ready to help her friends come through this fight unscathed.

((Double move to BB22. Minor to activate Skald's Aura.))

AlphabetFish

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:09 am

The tiefling quickly moved to place himself between the goliath woman and his wounded companion, primed his blasting rod at the new comer. In his free hand, Ruin materialized a black jagged blade with veins of bright crimson emulating from it's hilt. "Ruin, and I don't know you," He spoke plainly after Kuori introduced herself, "...And that is the closest you are getting, but thank you for agreeing to deal with the mages for us."

Ruin's tail flicked back and forth in eager anticipation for the possibility of Kuori testing his resolve.

"Illya, can you stand?" Ruin would say to his companion, with his eyes focused on the goliath woman. "There are a few potions in my pack, take one or two if you need. We'll head through the woods and look for Corsica's sister first. The Shadow Wolf will understand if we are late... Oh, and be sure to thank Kuori, before we leave."

Move Action: Q28
Minor Action: Blade of Annihilation
Standard Action: Readied action, Eldritch Bolt if Kuori moves closer.

Current Stats:
HP: 49/49
AC: 20
Fort: 17
Refl: 15
Will: 19

Healing surges 9/9
Action Point: 1

+7 Fire Resist
+2 vs OA
+5 vs Ranged Attacks over 5 squares away
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:57 am

Kuori was about to say ******** it and continue with her plan of getting behind the rock and going around it, but Ruin said the magic words. "They've got Ying!?" And with that, rage over came the Goliath, she began to head for the road, clinging to the rock to use for cover. She knocked two arrows and fired at the mage on the right (M1), under her breath she said, "No mercy." At the last minute the second arrow veered for the mage on the left (M3). She knocked another arrow and waited, "Retaliate, I dare you."

[-2 for cover factored in]
Split the tree:
21 vs ac on M1 for 27 dmg
21 vs ac on M3 for 25 dmg
M1 Quarried as a minor
Moved to S24
Disruptive shot prepared as an immediate interrupt if any ally present gets attacked. 23 vs Ac for 13 dmg and a -7 to the attack

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:48 pm

User Image
(The dark green is all underbrush, providing partial concealment and being difficult terrain to move through. Large tree trunks and rocks occupying more then one square provide full cover and blocking terrain; otherwise they provide partial cover to medium creatures and full cover to small creatures. The fallen tree trunk provides partial cover to the mages. The large center rock a climb check to climb over )

Initiative Order
Twyla
Ruin
Kuori
Illia
Arian Mages Prone, Superior Cover
Valac
Revenge

Like a boss, Kuori bursts from the forest and plants two arrows firmly in the guts of the mages they both keel over in pain. They both look to be bloodied!

Illia struggles to her feet and places one of her hands on Ruin's shoulder. "Ruin, please don't. If she wanted to hurt us she would have done so already when she had the element of surprise. We can use their help to get back to the others."

Illia would then call after Kouri. "Kuori, please tell us, how do you know who Ying is? Why are you here helping us?"

The two mages hit by Kuori's arrows pull out a potion from their robes and drink them. Their wounds begin to visibly heal, nto comeptly, but enough to where they don't look bloodied anymore. Both mages then fall prone disappearing from sight behind the log.

The third mage attempts to launch a a spell at Kuori but she places an arrow in his shoulder, causing his bolt of magical energy to fly wide. He too then drops prone behind the log. The Goliath had obviously made an impression on them.

(Valac up!)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:37 am

Valac being out of reach decided to close the distance with reckless abandon.

Valac runs and then charges his target the mage on the far left though the exposed roots of the tree make him trip and fumble and his swing goes horribly wild.

(Move Action Run to S16 then charge then standard action charge to O10 using howling fury fudging natural 1. Hurt me daddy.)

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:22 am

53/53 hit points, Granting Combat Advantage

Taking the opportunity provided by Kuori and Valac, Revenge would rush forward at full-tilt, clanking across the battlefield loudly as he surged towards the mages.

Quote:
Revenge Run-moves twice, ending in O18
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:23 am

Seeing her companions rush in, Twyla would move into position herself, bringing her bow around to bear and missing rather spectacularly.

((Move to X21. Minor to pull out her shortbow. Standard: RBA vs. Mage 3. 11 vs. AC... sweatdrop ))

AlphabetFish

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:05 pm

Surprised at Kuori's mentioning of Ying's name, "How do yo..." Ruin stopped mid-sentence after feeling Illya's hand on his shoulder.

Ruin let his focused energy dispense harmlessly, before turning to Illya. "I will not apologize for my actions, and I don't think we should take a chance on people we don't know. Especially, with children lives on the line. But, We will wait and see what she has to say; If you trust them after that, I will trust your judgement and go with your plan."

Waiting until Illya's turn, for a yes or no
If Illya says, something close to "I trust them."
Free Action: Tell Illya to stay there, where she is protected.
Move Action: Double Run J17,CA 'til next turn

Current Stats:
HP: 49/49
AC: 20
Fort: 17
Refl: 15
Will: 19

Healing surges 9/9
Action Point: 1

+7 Fire Resist
+2 vs OA
+5 vs Ranged Attacks over 5 squares away
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:13 pm

Kuori ignores the conversation for now with a "We'll talk later. But the short story is we saved them." With that she runs to the log (Run action to K16), Rounds the corner and aims her bow at the closest mage. "If you move you die Arian scumbag."

--------------------------
Run action to K16
Readied action: Two Fang Strike at M1 if they stand up. If he doesn't and M2 does, then at him.
Minor: Stones Endurance. Damage Resist ALL 5.

2 Fang Strike:
19 vs AC for 16 dmg
17 vs AC for 14 dmg
If its vs M1 add 4dmg
If both attacks hit add 4 more dmg

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:12 am

User Image

Initiative Order
Twyla
Ruin, CA
Kuori, CA, 10 damage, -2 to attack
Illya bloodied
Arian Mages
Valac, 6 damage
Revenge, CA

Illya would ponder Ruin's question for a moment before answering. "Ying and Corsica did mention getting helped out by some adventurers in Lupa... If they know about Ying without Corsica killing them to protect that knowledge, then that means she must trust them--and so should we."

Upon Ruin telling Illya to stay behind the rock she would nod and stay where she was.

All the mages stand up from prone, Kuori fires her shots but her fatigue from running across the field causes her arrows to fly wide. (Remember, running gives you a -5 to attack until the start of your next turn)

The first mage attacks Kuori, but still seems a bit fazed by her menacing appearance and misses with his spell.

The second mage has better luck and hits Kuori square in the chest with a bright bolt of energy. The goliath's tough skin absorbs some of the damage but the impact still injures her (10 radiant damage) and the flash of light disorients her vision (-2 attack until the start of M2's turn).

The third mages pulls out a long sword from his belt and it lights on fire in his hands. He slashes Valac across the chest, but the Tieflling's natural resistance to fire means the blade barely leaves a mark (6 fire damage)

(Valac is up!)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:34 pm

Swing, miss and whatever. Valac can't hit s**t.

(13 vs ac)

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:16 pm

Initiative Order
Twyla
Ruin, CA
Kuori, CA, 10 damage, -2 to attack
Illya bloodied
Arian Mages
Valac, 6 damage
Revenge,

The Arian mage expertly dodges Valac's blade (as the RNG gods continue their campaign against Mongooseh in my game.)

(Revenge up!)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:58 pm

53/53 hit points

MOVE ACTION x2

Revenge would advance forward, though finding the battlefield quickly crowding. Another Tiefling? His people were uncommon, so it took him aback to find yet another in such a relatively short period of time.

"Ah - excuse me," he would politely say, trying to shoulder between the newblood and Kuori, to try and get past them.

Quote:
Revenge moves 10 squares, as follows: 3N, 2NW, 3W, 1SW, 1SE to L13

FREE ACTION

"Excuse me," he would say once more, this time to the mages he approached cautiously while trying to seem relaxed. "I couldn't help but notice that you're rather outnumbered. Would you consider ending hostilities and we can talk this through like civilized humanoids?" He would grip the haft of his halberd with his left hand, keeping the base planted on the ground, gesturing with his right hand openly.

"I'll see to it that no harm will come to you if you surrender."

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

AlphabetFish

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:08 pm

Twyla hurried forward to join her group, deftly swapping her bow for her songblade as she advanced. She had a small smile on her face as she pointed Tinsel at the nearest mage.

"I don't know about you, Revenge, but I'd rather make sure someone can't fight back before trying to have a nice chat with him!"

With that, she rushed forward, using her momentum to clamber up on top of the log before swinging mightily at the mage Valac was engaged with.

((Move: Move to S17. Minor: Stow my shortbow & draw my songblade. I can do both in one action thanks to my battle harness. Standard: Charge attack against M3; 29 vs AC, 9 damage. My charge ends on O13.))
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 80 81 82 83 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games