Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 3 - Glimmers in the Dark (Main Roleplay) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:10 pm
71/71 hit points, Fomorian marked

MOVE ACTION

"Ugh, Ruin! This is why you need to stay back! We just talked about this!"

Quote:
Revenge would move 5W to L15

MINOR ACTION

"Hey, you bug-eyed scumsucker!" Revenge would call out angrily, gesturing upwards at the Fomorian with his sword. "I come bearing a message from the Goddess of the Moon!"

Quote:
Divine Challenge on Fomorian. It is marked, overriding Ilikan's mark. If it deigns to make an attack that doesn't include me, it can eat 8 radiant damage.

STANDARD ACTION

"And that message is, go fornicate with yourself!" he'd bark, before a flash of light would blast out from his holy symbol towards the Fomorian's eyes.

Quote:
Dazzling Flare, 25 vs Reflex. 12 radiant damage, and the Fomorian takes -2 to attack rolls until the end of Revenge's next turn (in addition to mark penalties).

FREE ACTION

"That... sounded cooler in my head." Turning to Kuori, he'd say to her, "The clergy were largely against profanities. I'd say it in Elven - which is articulated masterfully, by the way - but I don't speak Giant or Undercommon so it's the best I got."  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:30 pm
Free verbal in Undercommon: "The shiny one wants to watch you touch yourself because his Goddess said to!"

She winks at Revenge, then in common, "I've got you."  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:52 pm
Revenge manages to get a decisive hit on the Fomorian and definitely garnishes his attention, though it is unclear weather he understood or payed any attention to what was said.

((Since he is away from his computer for a few days SCN posted his characters actions in Discord this the results of his actions.))

Ruin tries to cut his way out of the bag but finds that he is unable to make any progress. The bag seems to be made out of some incredibly tough leather that his blade can barely cut. Perhaps it would be easier to try to blast his way out. As he pulls out his sun rod and lights it he sees the bag is full of furniture and other odd items that the giant had been collecting. Some of it looked like it must have been nice at one point but the constant rubbing and jostling from the giants movements had reduced most everything to rubble in splinters. Laying on top of a partly destroyed dresser next to him was a small figure about the size of a child wrapped in a tattered cloak. It was curled into the fetal position with its back facing towards Ruin. To his words the small female voice only replies "It...hurts..."  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:35 pm
With his feet not obeying him Valac became enraged trying to slam his fullblade into one of Fomorian's open wounds but only caused a glancing blow.

Valac then let off a stream of abyssal curses directed at the Fomorian and his own feet.

His feet were reminded that they were more scared of Valac than the Fomorian and begun to obey him again.

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:25 pm
Broken Turf

User Image

((Rocks within a square are difficult terrain. Rocks of bigger then a sqaure of terrain are blocking terrain and require an 8 climb check to get over. ))

Initiative Order
Ruin HP:65/65, +2 AC and Ref, 12 THP, In a bag.
Valac: HP: 67/75, Regen 4
Fomorian, marked by Revenge,-2 to hit
Ilikan HP:83/83, 3THP
Kuori HP: 54/59
Revenge HP:71/71, Immobilized, save ends

Ruin asks the cloaked figure , "What hurts?"

The figure slowly turns her head just enough to see the Tiefling, from under the hood of the tattered cloak he would catch a a glimpse of a blood red eye. In her voice was a slight air of annoyance. "...everything..."

The giant manages to mostly dodge Valac's sword once more but still manged to get grazed by the tip. However, he now focuses his attention on the paladin. Fixing him with his evil eye, the paladin finds his legs locked in place. However, Revenge's AC finally does it's job for once as he manges to feint away from the giants massive club.

Ilikan attacks the giant but his hammer misses its mark. Irene continues to draw.

((Kuori up! Map to be updated later))  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:08 am
Kuori tries to attack the bag and get ruin out.

------------------------
Sacred light shines from above, searing a single enemy with its radiance while at the same time aiding an ally with its beneficent power.
At-Will ✦ Divine, Implement, Radiant
Standard Action Ranged 5
Target: One creature
Attack: Wisdom [17] vs. Reflex
Hit: 1d6 + Wisdom [5 dmg] modifier radiant damage, and one ally you can see [Revenge] chooses either to gain temporary hit points equal to your Charisma modifier + one-half your level [6] or to make a saving throw.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:50 pm
71/71 hit points, Fomorian marked, Flanking, +2 vs fear & necrotic

FREE ACTION

Revenge tries to make his legs move; they wobbled a little more than they should have, and did not obey.

Quote:
Result of 9: Revenge fails the saving throw granted by Kuori.

MINOR ACTION

"C'mon... almost... there!"

Quote:
Boots of Free movement, 17 on saving throw to mobilize

MOVE ACTION

"You're not going to win over any fair maidens with looks like that, monster," Revenge would announce. "Though I shudder to what your kind considers 'fair'."

Quote:
Revenge moves 3W, 1NW, 1NE to J12 so he and Valac flank.

STANDARD ACTION

"You will suffer for the atrocities your kind has committed here!" Revenge would announce, rearing his blade back. Fragments of light would begin to be pulled into the weapon, and as he thrust it forward, it would explode in piercing luminance into the wound.

Quote:
31 vs AC. 25 radiant damage. Until the end of Revenge's next turn, he gains a +2 bonus to all defenses against fear or necrotic effects.

"But not by my hand alone! Valac?" Revenge would say, taking a single step back, grinning perhaps a little too sinisterly.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:22 am
Kuori's bolt of light singes the outside of the bag but otherwise it remains intact.

Revenge, turning into the chief damage dealer of this fight, stabs the giant in its thigh. He let out a roar of pain. He definitely has his attention now.

((Ruin's turn)

"Hey, don't get vexed with me. I am only trying to find out if you can move on your own, or would it be me carrying you out, kind of thing. 'cause, we ain't stay'n." The trapped tiefling dropped his sword and sunrod and grabbed his rod and a potion from his gear. "...here! it should help with some of the pain." offering the potion to her.

Ruin then launches a bolt of force at the bag, (22 damage) blowing a hole in it. The party outside can see the bright light of the sunrod shining out of the hole in the bag, but otherwise the hole is not big enough to escape through.

Ruin's bag bound compatriot reaches out and gingerly takes the potion. She holds it up in the light and examines it. Quietly, she comments to herself. "...of course it's made by him...it'll probably have that same taste..." She then drinks the potion and sits up on the dresser. Messy black hair spills out from underneath her hood, and he sees and exotic face he had never seen before.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
"So, once we get out of the bag, how do we escape?"

((I totally forgot that you are all fighting in dim light and Ruin was suppose to take damage from objects moving around in the bag on the giant's turn, oh well rolleyes Valac up))  

Kowsauni
Crew

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:37 pm
Valac rages dutifully at the Fomorian at Revenges request screaming in abyssal, "Dnl oep fnv fmihmgd!"

Stepping in and putting all of his body into the powerful strike only to fail to land a clean blow once again only clipping the Fomorian.

More abyssal cursing follows.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:11 pm
Broken Turf

User Image

((Rocks within a square are difficult terrain. Rocks of bigger then a sqaure of terrain are blocking terrain and require an 8 climb check to get over. ))

Initiative Order
Ruin HP65/65, +2 AC and Ref, 4 THP, In a bag.
Valac: HP: 71/75, Regen 4
Fomorian, marked by Revenge,
Revenge HP:71/71, Immobilized, save ends, +2 AC

Valac nicks the giant as the fomorian continues to give Revenge the evil eye (immobilized, save ends), but it is to little avail, his club swings wide again over the top of the paladin!" As the giant moves around the bag jostles causing the broken items within to crash into Ruin and crush him, (8 damage)

Ilikan crushes the giant's toe with his hammer for 14 damage, Irene does her thing.

(Kuori up))  

Kowsauni
Crew

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:29 pm
Kuori thrust her shield at the giant again. Firing a larger beam of light at the bag. "Goddess damn you Ruin!" She runs to a nearby rock and readies to go melee.

[Standard: Daunting Light]
[Minor: None]
[Move to E17]

A burning column of light engulfs your foe. Its brilliance burns
and hinders your foe’s defense for a short time.
Encounter ✦ Divine, Implement, Radiant
Standard Action Ranged 10
Target: One creature
Attack: 12 vs. Reflex
Hit: 26 radiant damage.
Effect: One ally you can see gains combat advantage against the target until the end of your next turn.

[If it breaks the bag, Ruin gets CA, if not Ilikan]  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:30 pm
71/71 hit points, Fomorian marked, Fomorian -2 AC & -2 attack rolls, Flanking, Feeling Frosty

FREE ACTION

"Not quite what I meant, Valac! Focus! Ugh, just let me create an opening for you." Looking up to the Fomorian, Revenge would say to it, "Watch closely now!"

Quote:
All damage now cold!

STANDARD ACTION

Revenge's blade would begin to frost over as he gripped the handle, a light crackling in the air. "Give me all the dirty looks you want! Your life ends here today!" And he would slash at the giant with his blade!

Quote:
Enfeebling Moonstrike, NAT 20 vs AC. 23 cold damage, and the Fomorian has -2 AC, -2 to attack rolls the end of Revenge's next turn.

The would would rapidly crystallize with exploding icicles, limiting the Fomorian's mobility.

"Valac! Ilikan! Do it now!"

END OF TURN

Quote:
NAT 20 saving throw vs immobilized

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:52 pm
Initiative Order
Ruin HP 60/65, +2 AC and Ref, Prone
Valac: HP: 54/75, Regen 4, Prone
Fomorian, marked by Revenge, - 2 AC, -2 to hit
Revenge HP:71/71,

Kuori's beam of light strikes the bag right under where Ruin blasted a hole in it. it begins to smolder and burn and, after the moment or so, the bag splits open spilling all its contents to the ground. Ruin falls about 6 feet to the the ground where he lands prone. A bunch of sharp debris from the bag rains down upon him for 9 damage. Vivian is knocked unconscious by the fall and lays in a heap next to Ruin.

The fomorian, who had remained relatively up to the point lets out a roar of rage. In evlen he shouts In a fit of rage, the fomorian swings his club around in a wide arc. Everyone manages to dodge the attack, except Valac, who takes 17 damage and is knocked prone. The fomorian now looks enraged!

Revenge, still proving to be the chief damage dealer this fight, stabs the giant in retaliation, forming painful ice crystals over the wound.

((Ruin up!)  
Southern Cross Nemesis rolled 1 20-sided dice: 18 Total: 18 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:09 pm
Falling out of the bag, "Wah. no no no crap crap ahhhh!!"

"Dollhouse?" Ruin said confused, as he pushed himself to his feet before it dawned on him... "Valac, Stop! Revenge, you know those potions your holding? Use one on her, please." Ruin would motion to the white and purple girl that fell with him.

Turning to the Fomorian dropping his sword and frost spell, the shortest tiefling continued to speak in Elvish, "CHILD! STOP! We got off on the wrong edge. We small races aren't good for playthings, but we can become good friends. And let me prove it. I can repair your bag and help you gather your other toys. If you promise to release this girl, those smaller than you may have from your care. AND never take another."

Diplomacy: 27 Stop fighting and let's be friends. Kiddo  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:20 pm
As he is about to get floored by the club Valac attempts a desperate lunge to stab the wrist that held the club.

<22 vs AC Curtain of steel just in case its AC -2 finally lets me hit.If it does 33 damage.>

Ruin was not persuasive on the raging Valac who got back to his feet as quickly as he could and continued his assault. Swinging desperately he cared not if he got hurt but wished to finally land a solid blow his blade encased in a black miasma.

[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games