Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 3 - Glimmers in the Dark (Main Roleplay) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:55 am
Initiative Order
Ruin HP 60/65, +2 AC and Ref, Prone
Valac: HP: 58/75, Regen 4, Prone
Fomorian, marked by Revenge, - 2 AC, -2 to hit, slowed
Ilikan HP:83/83, 3THP
Kuori HP: 54/59
Revenge HP:47/71,

As Valac tries to counter the giants swing he find that his blade bounces of the Gaint's club rather then hitting its intended target.

The fomorian pauses only momentary for Ruin's words <"Me no Chi..."> before Valac stabs him in the gut. That seems to end any chance at diplomacy.

After resisting his evil eye, the enraged fomorian swings his mace twice at Revenge hitting both times for a total of 24 damage. He then shrugs off any fear he had from the barbarian (saves against Valac's effect)

Ilikan strikes the fomorian in the ankle, hampering his movements, (9 damage, slowed)

Irene comments from the peanut gallery. "Wow, you sure have made him angry!"

((Map to be updated later, Kuori up!))  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:25 am
Kuori looks up and refastened the buckle on her shield. "Crap, Vivian, what the hell are you doing down here." She rushes behind the giant to greet a rather beat up Revenge and with a quick prayer sends a wave of healing energy his way before rearing up her morningstar and slamming the Fomorian in the back of the knee, leeching out its life force into a purple glow sheathing her weapon, that flies over to Vivian and sinks into the injured girl.

[Move to G12]
[Minor Healing word - Revenge]
[Standard: Healing Strike - heals Vivian]

[Healing Strike - 31 vs. AC
Hit: 18 radiant damage, and the target is marked until the end of your next turn. In addition, you or one ally [Vivian] within 5 squares of you can spend a healing surge [gains that plus 3 extra hp, can make a saving throw and gets +2 to hit until the end of my next turn]

[Revenge heals: Surge +9 , can make a saving throw and gets +2 to hit until the end of my next turn]  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:46 pm
71/71 hit points, Flanking, Feeling Frosty

FREE ACTION

Revenge's body would briefly illuminate from Kuori's healing word, his own body being restored from the damage it just took.

Quote:
Revenge spends his 3rd healing surge, regaining 17+9=26 hp, back up to full.

STANDARD ACTION

"He certainly doesn't hit like a child, Ruin!" Revenge would say aloud. "Bit busy, by the way! Feel free to come get them!"

Turning his focus to the Fomorian, Revenge would grin up at it. "meaty!>"
Revenge would complain up at the giant in Elven. Brandishing his sword horizontally, he'd add, ""

Quote:
Trial of Strength; 28 vs AC-2. +1 to hit if Vivian is Bloodied. +1 to hit if Fomorian is bloodied.

12 cold damage.

Revenge's horizontal slash would be a bit shallower than he would like, but he used the opening from his last attack to press the advantage.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:55 pm
Upon being healed Vivian would groan. She would look up, dazed and confused. "W-what happened?"  

Kowsauni
Crew

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:26 pm
"So, if it is unintelligent and attacks is my fault for it attacking... but if we can communicate with it and save many more lives, let's threaten or attack them, like at the fort... I am surrounded by murder hobos..." Ruin whispered as he resummoned his blade, for the 4th? or 5th? time this fight. Adding a few choice words for dropping his frost spell...

But, upon hearing the purple and white girl speak. "We fell, The bag ripped and ... about six feet, you with the bedroom's suite... I think. Not that important, now. You see the human girl by the rock... join her. Her name is Irene. Go now, and I will protect you."

Ruin would waltz south of the main fighting, just encase it wanted the girl or him.

Health 60/65
H.Surges 5/9
24 AC, 20 Fort, 19 Ref, 22 Will

Move: M16

Standard: Ready an Action: Blazing Doom of the Void: 22 vs AC, 30 damage Fire and Necrotic. Trigger, it goes after Vivian Irene, or himself.

Blazing Doom of the Void
Encounter - Arcane, Fire, Implement, Necrotic, Weapon
Standard Action Melee weapon
Requirement: blade of annihilation.
Target: One creature
Attack: Charisma vs. Fortitude
Hit: 2[W] + Charisma modifier fire and necrotic damage.
Effect: You gain a +5 power bonus to your next damage roll against the target before the end of your next turn.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:48 pm

With everything missing and failing to connect properly Valac returned to a familiar move he was comfortable with using as he howled and swung at the Fomorian.

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:34 am
Initiative Order
Ruin HP 60/65, +2 AC and Ref.
Valac: HP: 62/75, Regen 4,
Vivian
Fomorian, marked by Ilikan, slowed, prone
Irene
Kuori HP: 32/59, immobilized, save ends
Revenge HP:71/71,

Kuori, with her extra height, manages to bash the giant in his gut, gaining his Ire and attention.

Revenge then stabs the Fomorian, cutting him with both his sword and witty remarks, yet the giant doesn't respond.

When Ruin moves the Fomorian tries to wallop him, but misses with his club, However, he dose manage to dodge the tiefiling's counter attack.

((Sorry I forgot to clear it last time, Valac is no longer prone) Valac successfully slashes the giant, starting to make up for lost time. He still has a way to go through to catch up to Revenge.

Vivan rolls away form the giant's feet (shift) and then start running in the direction of Irene, her cloak fluttering behind her as she goes.

The Fomorian fixes Korui with his evil eye, locking her feat in place, (immobilized, save ends). He then swings twice at her with his club but only manages to her her once (22 damage). The other blow buries itself in the ground beside her, causing loose dirt and debris to fly in all directions.

Ilikan hits the giant in his ankle again (15 damage), and manges to sweep his foot away, causing the giant to fall prone. Ilikan also marks the target to remove Kuori's mark.

Irene sees Vivian running towards her and remarks. "Whats this? Wow! I've never seen anyone like you before! Are you friendly?"

((Kuori up!))  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:27 pm
Ugh, of course it goes for her, but hey, it gave Revenge an opening. "Alright guys, tank is about to be empty, but as a parting gift." As she healed herself three spectral Goliaths appeared standing nearby. They bore the symbol of Kuliak and simultaneously planted stave into the ground. "Healing backup." Unfortunately her head was still ringing from the concussion she definitely just received and it was all she could do just to stand.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Healing word on self: Healed up to 57/59 hp
Angelic witness: Angels summoned in squares: J11, H11, J17,
Save 1 from healing: Failed
End of turn save: Failed

[If you spend a healing surge near the angels you heal an extra 4 hp for every adjacent Angel.]  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:41 pm
71/71 hit points, Fomorian Marked, Flanking, Feeling Frosty

MINOR ACTION

"Kuori, are you okay??" Revenge would call out. Turning back towards the Fomorian, he'd call up to it in Elven, ""

Quote:
Divine challenge against the Fomorian

MOVE ACTION

Revenge would reposition himself closer to Kuori.

Quote:
Revenge shifts 1N to I12

STANDARD ACTION

Revenge would try to show he meant business, but with the giant engaged in a different direction, it was difficult to land an attention-grabbing blow.

Quote:
Enfeebling Moonstrike, 20 vs AC, which is a miss from what I've heard. +2 more if its bloodied, I think Irene's too far for an additional +1.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:08 pm
Waltzing back into combat range to slash at the giant and then to step back. Hoping to provoke a hit Ruin response.

Health 60/65
H.Surges 5/9
24 AC, 20 Fort, 19 Ref, 22 Will

Minor: Boots of the Fencing Master Shift to K14

Standard: Soul Eater 27 vs AC; 18 Necrotic damage

Move: L14

Soul Eater
At-Will - Arcane, Implement, Necrotic, Weapon
Standard Action Melee weapon
Requirement: Blade of Annihilation
Attack: Charisma vs. AC
Hit: 1 [W] + Charisma modifier necrotic damage, and you gain a +2 power bonus to your next attack roll against the target before the end of your next turn.
Special: You can use this power as a melee basic attack.

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:43 am
The ol' reliable howling strike was proving to be reliable in hitting the fomorian if the strikes were feeling a bit feeble.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:35 pm
User Image

Initiative Order
Ruin HP 46/65, +2 AC and Ref.
Valac: HP: 52/75, Regen 4,
Vivian
Fomorian, marked by Revenge, slowed, prone, bloodied
Irene
Kuori HP: 57/59, immobilized, save ends
Revenge HP:45/71,

Ruin's attack bloodies the Fomrorian! In a fit of rage the Gaint swings his club in a mighty arc all around him. Revenge, Ruin, and Valac are all hit for 14 damage and knocked prone! (I'm assuming both Ruin and Valac would use their movement to stand up on their turn.)

Valac scrambles back to his feet and slices the fomorian.

Vivian gives Irene a strange look and asks. "Are you sure this lady is safe? She's giving me a weird look."

Irene would respond. "Oh, you are perfectly safe with me, my dear. Now, hold still, I want to draw you."

Upon seeing the angelic figures the fomorian would comment in elvish in his deep guteral voice. < "More Dolls! ">. He stands up and tries to fix Revenge with his evil eye, but the Paladin resists! He swings his club twice at him but only manages to hit once for 12 damage.

Ilikan hits the Fomorian (14 damage) with his hammer and the giant falls back over with a loud crash.

Irene begins to draw Vivian.

(Kuori up)  

Kowsauni
Crew

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:57 pm
As it fell Kuori shouted, "While its down!" Taking advantage of its prone body Kuori lifts her weapon over her head and brings it down onto the giant.

Standard: basic melee
Minor: Sustain Angels
Move: N/a
Save: Passed

Attack: 22 vs. AC
Hit: 10 Bludgeoning  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:02 pm
45/71 hit points, Fomorian Marked, Flanking, Feeling Frosty

MOVE ACTION

Revenge used his shield to try to cushion the incoming blows, but it was a massive angry giant with a club so there was only so much good it would do him. After a pair of blows that took a toll on him, he would kneel, stabbing his sword into the ground to use as a brace as he stood.

Quote:
Revenge stands from prone.

STANDARD ACTION

"" Revenge would say with a devillish grin. Pulling his sword free from the ground, he would slice up at the giant's leg to try and hobble it.

Quote:
Enfeebling Moonstrike, 21 vs AC. If it hits, 15 cold damage and the Fomorian takes -2 to attack rolls, -2 to AC until it the end of Revenge's next turn.

MINOR ACTION

"Kuori, don't let its gaze get the better of you!" Revenge would call out to his friend, trying to encourage her to overcome the fear gripping her legs.

Quote:
Divine Mettle: Kuori can make a saving throw with a +5 bonus.

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:51 am
Standing back up, Ruin would look back at the two girls. "She is a researcher, interested in all things and food... and she is paying us and makes our meals... She also likes to draw a lot of Va... the big guy over there yelling weird things. So, if you don't trust her. Trust me she is safe, or running is always a third option." Before activating a s**t ton of trap cards. And finally raising his rod to fire off an orb of rainbow colors at the giant, hoping to activate yet another trap card...

Health 46/65, THP: 0
H.Surges 5/9
24 AC, 20 Fort, 20 Ref, 22 Will

Emerald Shield: 10 Radiant damage

White Lotus Riposte: 5 damage (I keep forgetting about this)

Infernal Wrath: 6 fire Damage

Action: Color Orb 30 vs Will: 20 and dazed until the end of your next turn

Emerald Shield
Secondary Power (Arcane, Radiant)
Immediate Reaction Melee 1
Trigger: An adjacent enemy attacks you.
Target: The triggering enemy
Effect: The target takes 5 + Charisma modifier radiant damage.

Infernal Wrath
Encounter. Fire
Free Action Close burst 10
Trigger: An enemy within 10 squares of you hits you
Target: The triggering enemy in burst
Effect: The target takes 1d6 + Charisma modifler fire damage

Color Orb
Encounter - Arcane, Implement, Radiant
Standard Action
Ranged 5
Attack: Charisma vs. Will
Hit: 1d8 + Charisma modifier radiant damage, and the
target is dazed until the end of your next turn.

[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games