Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Psychofish rolled 4 10-sided dice: 8, 2, 9, 10 Total: 29 (4-40)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:28 pm
[4k3 Jiujutsu(Strike) Damage: 17]  
Keith Valken Lionheart rolled 3 10-sided dice: 2, 4, 10 Total: 16 (3-30)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:42 pm
"In battle, it is essential to know the terrain in which the battle is taking place, and using it AND your troops against your opponents. A small forest on one side of the battlefield might allow you to hide your archers, attacking the enemy when they least expect it, you could use your horsemen to push them back against a cliff or difficult terrain, or use it to divide and weaken the enemy troops. High vantage points could prove useful for archers and shugenja. Studying the land is very important if one wishes to win."

[[Battle Lore 3k2, Void Point used to add to result]]  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:02 pm
@The Unicorn Tent

After dealing with Jiro, and getting a good long rest, Kojiro was willing to do his final operation for the day. The Scorpion tried to walk fearlessly to the purple tent, and he hoped that Sayako was in a pleasant mood. Something told him to bet against it, but Kojiro moved forward.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:09 pm
@ Unicorn Tent Area

Hisashi was walking about the complex when who should he happen upon but a fellow competetor of two completions in a row. Well, no time like the present for networking, at least in the mind of the courtier.

"Good evening, Kojiro-san. How are you on this fine night?" He was interested in the man's skill with the bow, though since he had run off fairly quickly after being dismissed from the haiku event the mantis was slightly curious to hear his take on it.  

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:14 pm
@ Jiujutsu Duel:

Denbe used the last of his Void to reduce the impact from the sudden kick, leaving him only Grazed! {12 damage}

The Hare would then rush forward, eager to end the match while the ending was good. Leaping up high and momentarily blotting out Lord Sun from the Hida's view, he would arc his back and spinning heel kick the jigoku out of Hogai! {39 damage, Hogai is Down!}

The Crab went sprawling back, his 'bad' leg giving out on him as he would crumple to the ground. He would rub the side of his face with his stump, then laugh. "Good show, you blasted Hare. You'd be great to have on the Wall with me. Perhaps we can fight together one day, as long as you promise to fight like that!"

He would nod to Raicho, would would announce the winner. "Ujina Denbe wins the second match, and advances. Will there be a third match, boys?" A hopeful gaze would fill Raicho's eyes, as she looked to Hogai.

"I'm always up for asskicking; the side I'm on is of little concern for me if its not a matter of life and death. What about you, Denbe-san?" the Hida would ask.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:18 pm
@Unicorn Tent

Kojiro noticed the Mantis courtier and bowed politely to him. "Hisashi-san is it?" Have you enjoyed the competition thus far? I am sorry I could not prove to be much of a challenge in the Poetry event."

The Scorpion gestured to the door after he received a response from Hisashi. "I take it your thoughts were as mine? Let us not delay further, lest Lady Horiuchi think we are some stalkers.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:24 pm
Hisashi would blink. Was Kojiro curious as to the purpose behind the anger that Sayoko bore as well?

"Lady Horiu -- Kojiro-san, no disrespect, but you're starting to sound like a stalker. What in Rokugan are you even thinking of doing? In case you hadn't noticed, she doesn't exactly take unwanted attention well..."

The mantis courtier would rub his forehead for a moment. "Before we wander into something liable to get us both killed, why don't you at least inform me as to what your, ah, plan is."  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:32 pm
@Outside The Unicorn Tent

Kojiro would try to stifle his laughter and talked in a low tone. "I'm as bad as Jiro-san now, eh?" The Scorpion exhaled. "My plan is simple. We go in there, find out why she feels the need to push the edge of good behavior and convince her that we are not the ones she needs to kill, wound, or maim...YET."

The bushi paused. "Failing that, I will attempt to ply her with sake so that we may make good on our escape. I've heard that works in some stories..."  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Psychofish rolled 3 10-sided dice: 3, 2, 10 Total: 15 (3-30)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:36 pm
"My luck seems to turn sour with the sword in my hand. But I can't say the idea doesn't have an appeal," Denbe laughed, eyes bright with interest and enthusiasm. It was hard not to respect the Crab for the service they did the Empire. In many ways, as Denbe saw it, they were the other half of the coin the Hare laid on- one defended the empire from the taint from without, the other from within.

He wasn't sure the harshness of the wall sounded like a place he'd flourish, but perhaps for a short time, some time.

It seemed Denbe had made a friend. Hogai seemed a bit simple, and a bit crude, but a good man all the same. Not someone he'd want along on a more delicate investigation, but as far as company went-

"I'd be honored to oblige, Hogai-san," the Hare quickly responded and moved to the Crab's good side to help him to his feet. And nearly went down himself at first before throwing his weight into it and being of some use. Parting, he'd sit on his haunches and relax on one side of the field until the Hida was ready to begin again.

[3k2 Initiative: 16]  
Psychofish rolled 2 10-sided dice: 3, 7 Total: 10 (2-20)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:37 pm
[Explosive Anticipation: 3]  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:38 pm
Hisashi would refrain from dealing himself 5k3 facepalm damage and take a moment to try and reason with the scorpion.

"Ko... Kojiro-san, I don't know if wandering into the tent of an extremely violent woman and going 'Oh, hello, we were wondering if you would kindly tell us why you're such an angry troll' is the greatest method of getting her to explain herself..." he would say in an exasperated manner. "This is going to take a high level of tact, far more than perhaps a normal person."

The mantis was starting to worry if the scorpion wasn't going to need to ply him with sake when this was all done...  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:49 pm
@Outside the Unicorn Tent

Kojiro blinked in open amazement at Hisashi. "We'll have to talk about tact after we meet with Sayako-san. In fact, if you are so skilled with words, perhaps you should do the speaking?"

"I am not untalented and I will do what I can to help. That's the way it is between courtiers and bushi, is it not?"  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:50 pm
@ Lore Competition:

All Battle skills are now TN 20!

Kan would offer a quick smile to the Lion, for making it so far into this tournament. "This is kind of common knowledge for most of you, but perhaps not all of you. There are several major families in each Great Clan, usually at least three or four. However, despite how diverse the bloodlines might be in each family, the noble houses of these family actually include a great number of vassal families. They all swear fealty to the greater family and its lord, and typically carry his or her name. It is viewed as dishonorable to ever use your family's name over your Lord's when dealing with those outside your family." {Lore: Heraldry of 35 vs TN 25}

All Lore: Heraldry rolls are now TN 30!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Kaiu Kagae, you have loritiative!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:59 pm
Hisashi would sigh and furrow his brow.

"I had no intention on not speaking since it is a skill required for my profession. However, I did not mean to imply that you were incapable - merely that waltzing in there without a plan probably is a sure fire way to get us gutted... but if you're so sure of yourself, then I see no reason to stall any further."

Without another word he would stand to the side of the flap and open it for Kojiro. "Bushi first."  

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:02 pm
@Outside the Unicorn Tent

Kojiro would shrug and carefully knock on the tent's door. He held himself confidently and slowly recited the names of his ancestors in his head to avoid dwelling on anything.  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games