Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Out of Character Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:30 pm
PupSage
Kowsauni
PupSage
(Moving Hunters mark first person to enter melee range)

I'm afraid you cant use your hunter's quarry like that. Its a minor action you have to use on your turn. You cant use it like an immediate reaction with a trigger. Also it will take a minor action to pull out your sleep grenade.

Not pulling the grenade out yet, stored bow last turn, hand is still in her bag on it. You can delay an action and I was delaying it for my minor.

If anything I will pull it out this turn and mark him next turn

Alright, I'm just going to post the rules for readied actions straight from the compendium so everyone understand how they work. If you want to ready your hunter's quarry like in your post it will take your standard action and change your initiative order when triggerd.

Ready an Action
Action: Standard action. To ready an action, a creature follows these steps.
1. Choose Action to Ready: Choose the specific action the creature is readying (the attack it plans to use, for example), as well as the intended target, if applicable. The creature can ready a standard action, a move action, or a minor action. Whichever action is chosen, the act of readying it is a standard action.
2. Choose Trigger: Choose the circumstance that will trigger the readied action. When that trigger occurs, the creature can use the readied action. If the trigger doesn’t occur or the creature chooses to ignore it, the creature can’t use the readied action and instead takes its next turn as normal.
3. Immediate Reaction: Using a readied action is an immediate reaction, so it takes place right after the trigger finishes.
4. Reset Initiative: When the creature finishes the readied action, its place in the initiative order moves to directly before the creature or the event that triggered the readied action.

Triggering Opportunity Actions
If a creature readies an action that normally triggers opportunity actions, it triggers them twice: when it readies the action and when it takes the action.
Example: If an adventurer readies a ranged attack while adjacent to an enemy, he provokes an opportunity attack from that enemy. If he is still adjacent to an enemy when he makes the ranged attack, he provokes an opportunity attack again.

Interrupting with a Readied Action
Often a player wants his or her character to use a readied action to attack before an enemy does. In this situation, the action should be readied to respond to the enemy’s movement. That way, if the enemy moves before attacking, the readied action will be triggered by a portion of that movement, allowing the character to interrupt it and attack first. Readying an action to be triggered by an enemy attack means that the readied action will occur as a reaction to the attack, so the character’s attack happens only after the enemy attacks.
An enemy might use a power that lets it move and then attack with a single action. If a character readied an action to attack in response to that enemy’s movement, the readied action interrupts the movement, allowing the character to attack before the enemy does.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:38 pm
I'll just do like I said and use the minor to remove the grenade and mark somebody next turn.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:26 am
Kowsauni

I would like to grab the soldier who just said something interesting but would like this to move into RP anyways. Shall I just make a grapple check then depending on the result move the demonic rage filled interrogation into RP?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:50 am
Fight or allow them to retreat; I will abide to what ever the group says.

I will post a either/or post later today, if we don't have a definitive answer by then.  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:14 am
I would like to move towards Revenge and fire some parting shots at S4 and S7, but am otherwise open for rp.

I just cant reach Revenge and heal him in the same turn, so kuori would totally try to take a few more out in a fit of rage.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:39 am
I'm too unconscious to vote.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:52 pm
Mongooseh
Kowsauni

I would like to grab the soldier who just said something interesting but would like this to move into RP anyways. Shall I just make a grapple check then depending on the result move the demonic rage filled interrogation into RP?

If you want to try a grapple check against S51 we will need to continue combat. Keep in mind you did just witness him teleport out of Ying's grasp.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:54 pm
Kowsauni
Mongooseh
Kowsauni

If you want to try a grapple check against S51 we will need to continue combat. Keep in mind you did just witness him teleport out of Ying's grasp.

Not exactly witnessed but yeah I get your meaning let's get out of this. IRL time this combat has lasted a bit long.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:46 pm
SCN_ Grey_fox

Fish the bloodythirsty bard? I don't think Twyla is that out for blood.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:30 pm
I think Twyla would let them go in favor of trying to calm down Fumiyo. Their warning plus her being a giant freakin' wolf monster means we may have some bigger priorities than chasing down Arians.  

AlphabetFish

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:46 pm
Ok,

So I have Twyla and Kuori saying they are good with letting the Arians run away and ending the fight.

Revenge is abstaining to vote.

I just need to know then what Valac and Ruin want to do.

I'll reiterate, interacting with the soldiers in any way other then letting them flee will result in the fight continuing until all soldiers are dead or have left the map.

What is everyone's final decision.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:15 am
Kowsauni
Ok,

So I have Twyla and Kuori saying they are good with letting the Arians run away and ending the fight.

I'll reiterate, interacting with the soldiers in any way other then letting them flee will result in the fight continuing until all soldiers are dead or have left the map.

I thought I stated it above "but yeah I get your meaning let's get out of this." sorry if that wasn't clear. I didnt want to post ic in case ruin was going to continue combat.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:45 am
Mongooseh
Kowsauni
Ok,

I thought I stated it above "but yeah I get your meaning let's get out of this." sorry if that wasn't clear. I didnt want to post ic in case ruin was going to continue combat.

I figured that meant you were good to end the fight, I just wanted to make sure before I went forward.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:28 am
Kuori would still take those parting shots at the mages though, since she can't reach Revenge this turn, but if they kept running after that she wpuldnt do anything else and would try to heal Revenge. Otherwise she will give it one try and stand over his vody, killing anyone that gets near.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:12 am
Ok, then I will have to continue combat for at least another round.  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games