Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "COS" ^Can O Spam^
Moonie's Ramblings Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 627 628 629 630 631 632 ... 2604 2605 2606 2607 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 7:13 pm
bislas
MOONIE did you know that bbc sherlock is on netflix all insane 3 episodes!!!!!

Yes, I'm aware that Sherlock is available on Netflix. Though I've watched all three episodes several times already when they were available on the official website, lol.  
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 7:16 pm
User Image
Good afternoon/evening everyone. Just been checking on the latest topics and what not here at Why Not. Not much has really happened though, it seems like. But at least there were some topics for me to respond to.

I have only one episode left of Season 2 of Doctor Who to watch, and then I'll be starting Season 1. Meaning I'll be meeting the 9th Doctor. It'll be interesting to see what I think of him after enjoying the 10th and 11th Doctors so much.
User Image  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 7:20 pm
User Image
There's another thing about Season 1 of Doctor Who that intrigues me. I may have mentioned this before, but I'll go ahead and say it again: When I was younger, my Dad would go to this computer store to get computer parts. To pass the time while we waited in line, I would watch Doctor Who on the screens they had displayed. Considering how many years it's been since we've done that, I'm surprised that I still remember that it was Doctor Who - but there's a part of me that's fairly sure that it was Doctor Who. Therefore... if my loosely based memory serves me right... that would mean that I would have possibly been watching episodes from Season 1. It couldn't be the older series, because the episodes were in color and the older series stopped airing the year I was born. So... *shrugs* It'll be interesting to see whether I recognize any particular episodes or not when I watch Season 1.
User Image  
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 7:50 pm
~~~ SCREENCAP MEME ~~~

1. I Love This Show Enough To Do A Meme About It

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

2. My Favorite Character

((It's hard finding a picture of all four of them together...))

3. My Least Favorite Character

4. This Pairing Was Meant To Be

5. This Pairing Just Does Not Work For Me

6. My Favorite Character Doing Something Awesome

((With the assistance of Idris [who has the TARDIS' soul inside her], the Doctor is able to make a new TARDIS console with old TARDIS parts ["The Doctor's Wife" [6.04]))

7. Another Awesome Character

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

((It's a tie between the Eleventh Doctor and the Doctor 'Ganger from "The Almost People" [6.06].))

8. Something Goofy!

((Cassandra takes over the Doctor's body for a brief period of time during "New Earth" [2.1]))

9. Why I Love Watching This

((Anything is possible when you are with the Doctor and traveling in the TARDIS.))

10. The End

(("Next Stop: Everywhere."))  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 7:53 pm
User Image
Off to watch TV with my parents. Talk to you later.

#f51379
#a51cba

User Image  
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 6:05 pm
Prof. Moonie
bislas
MOONIE did you know that bbc sherlock is on netflix all insane 3 episodes!!!!!

Yes, I'm aware that Sherlock is available on Netflix. Though I've watched all three episodes several times already when they were available on the official website, lol.

well i just figured it out and thought it would be cool  

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:20 pm
User Image
Good afternoon everyone.

I finished watched all of the revived Doctor Who series episodes and specials yesterday. Doctor Who is definitely a good show. I don't know if I'll ever get around to watching the original series... I don't think I want to go that far back. If I happen to find access to watching past series, then I'll take the opportunity. But for now, it's just the revived series that I care about, lol.
User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:22 pm
User Image
Tomorrow the new episode - and the mid-series finale - will be airing. Definitely is an episode that everyone is waiting to see what happens. From summing up all of the loose ends from past stories to revealing who River Song is... this episode is definitely loaded with lots of info. *sighs* And I must say is causing a lot of movement among us fans as we try to formulate our theories about various things.
User Image  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:24 pm
User Image
User Image

Only day away until I'll be able to watch "A Good Man Goes To War." Amusingly enough I've already planned what shirt and lunch I'm going to be eating tomorrow... in honor of the new episode, lol. I'm planning on wearing my blue shirt that says "Love Not War" - a reference to the episode name. And I'm planning on having my Banquet Fish Sticks dinner - a nod to the Eleventh Doctor's Fish Fingers and Custard meal. *laughs*

User Image
User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:34 pm
User Image
A recent theory I've come up with that relates to the new episode.

We know that there are these "Headless Monks" that we will be meeting in the episode, who seem to be carrying swords of sorts. As we see in the promo picture below.

Here's where my theory comes into play. There's two other characters that we know are carrying swords - the Silurian Madame Vastra and the gal named Jenny. I think our "Headless Monks" are these two ladies.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

While the swords look differently, it's just the "Headless Monks" postures that resonate this idea to me. They look very similar to how Vastra and Jenny hold themselves.

User Image  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:39 pm
User Image

This picture of the Doctor and River Song intrigues me. In one of the preview clips, we see Rory informing River ((who is wearing a Victorian dress [What have you been up to, dear?])) that Amy and Melody (the baby) have been taken and the Doctor is creating an "army" and is requesting River's presence. River responds that she can't join them until "the very end" because the Doctor finds out who she truly is during the battle at Demons Run (where Amy and the Baby are kept based on what little info us fans have available).

Therefore... is the River in the picture the same one Rory talked to? Or is this the "impressionable young girl" version of River where she first meets the Doctor? And at one point is this picture occurring in the episode? Hmm... hmm... so much speculation.
User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:18 pm
User Image
Back from eating dinner. Going to go over the teaser poem for the episode and speak my theories on what each aspect represents.

Demons Run when a Good Man goes to war.

Demons Run is the name of Madame Kotavian's base - the place where Amy and baby Melody are kept at. So it's possible the enemy that will be facing against the "Good Man" - most likely the Doctor - will find themselves facing against something they didn't expect.

Night will fall and drown the Sun
When a Good Man goes to war.

If I remember correctly, there often brief mentions of "The Darkness" coming. So maybe the "Night Falling" is this darkness. Or the line could just be merely stating that the Doctor's usual happy-go-lucky "sunny" attitude will disappear as it is replaced by the dark, angry version. We did see a bit of a darker side of the Doctor in "The Almost People" episode.

Friendship dies, and true love lies;

While some speculate that one of the main characters will get killed ((most of the theories I've seen point towards Rory - the usual victim))... I think there will be a wider viewpoint to this phrase. Assuming there's going to be one side versus one side, it's possible that some of the Doctor's allies will be killed. Very possible when you are entering a war.

"Love Lies" - I almost speculate that this might refer to the Doctor and River... or something revolving around Amy and Rory. Though I'm leaning more towards the Doctor/River direction, due to a statement River makes in "The Big Bang" episode of last season - after hearing Amy say that the Doctor told  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:21 pm
User Image
*blinks* I just realized that the last half of my last post is no longer there. And it didn't even tell me I was over the character limit. Weird...

Anyway... you aren't missing much. The last part of the poem, I wasn't sure what to make of it. If you want to see the rest of the poem, go look it up. It's fairly easy to find.
User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:25 pm
User Image

I'm curious on where Madame Kotavian and Dorium stand in relation to the Doctor's team versus the enemy (whoever they may be). For me, although Dorium seems a bit dodgy in the dealing business, I have a feeling he leans more towards the Doctor's side. Especially when Vastra and Jenny are seen in several photos with Dorium.

Madame Kotavian however seems like a baddie. Despite her saying brief comforting statements to Amy throughout the times we've seen in past episodes, she just resonates evil to me.

User Image  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:34 pm
User Image
For me personally the biggest thing that I'm looking forward to the most is finding out who River Song. Many people have been speculating who she is.

The Doctor's Wife? I certainly wouldn't be too surprised if this happened to be the case, seeing as in the "Silence In The Library/Forest of The Dead" storyline, one of River's teammates yelled at the Doctor and her that they were "arguing like an ol' married couple." Even if their relationship doesn't get to that level, we at least know there's some romantic connection with them with the whole kissing aspect - "You act as if we've never done that before.""We haven't."

User Image  
"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 627 628 629 630 631 632 ... 2604 2605 2606 2607 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games