Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
The Kings James Bible (1611) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:51 am
Matthew
Chapter 1
Viewing the original 1611 KJV

1 The booke of the generation of Iesus Christ, the sonne of Dauid, the sonne of Abraham.

2 Abraham begate Isaac, and Isaac begate Iacob, and Iacob begate Iudas and his brethren.

3 And Iudas begate Phares and Zara of Thamar, and Phares begate Esrom, and Esrom begate Aram.

4 And Aram begate Aminadab, and Aminadab begate Naasson, and Naasson begate Salmon.

5 And Salmon begat Boos of Rachab, and Boos begate Obed of Ruth, and Obed begate Iesse.

6 And Iesse begate Dauid the King, & Dauid the King begat Solomon of her that had bin the wife of Urias.

7 And Solomon begat Roboam, and Roboam begate Abia, and Abia begate Asa.

8 And Asa begate Iosaphat, and Iosaphat begate Ioram, and Ioram begate Ozias.

9 And Ozias begat Ioatham, and Ioatham begate Achas, and Achas begate Ezekias.

10 And Ezekias begate Manasses, and Manasses begate Amon, and Amon begate Iosias.

11 And Iosias begate Iechonias and his brethren, about the time they were caried away to Babylon.

12 And after they were brought to Babylon, Iechonias begat Salathiel, and Salathiel begate Zorobabel.

13 And Zorobabel begat Abiud, and Abiud begat Eliakim, and Eliakim begate Azor.

14 And Azor begat Sadoc, & Sadoc begat Achim, and Achim begat Eliud.

15 And Eliud begate Eleazar, and Eleazar begate Matthan, and Matthan begate Iacob.

16 And Iacob begate Ioseph the husband of Mary, of whom was borne Iesus, who is called Christ.

17 So all the generations from Abraham to Dauid, are fourteene generations: and from Dauid vntill the carying away into Babylon, are foureteene generations: and from the carying away into Babylon vnto Christ, are fourteene generations.

18 ¶ Now the birth of Iesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Ioseph (before they came together) shee was found with childe of the holy Ghost.

19 Then Ioseph her husband being a iust man, and not willing to make her a publique example, was minded to put her away priuily.

20 But while hee thought on these things, behold, the Angel of the Lord appeared vnto him in a dreame, saying, Ioseph thou sonne of Dauid, feare not to take vnto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceiued in her, is of the holy Ghost.

21 And she shall bring forth a sonne, and thou shalt call his Name Iesus: for hee shall saue his people from their sinnes.

22 (Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the Prophet, saying,

23 Behold, a Uirgin shall be with childe, and shall bring foorth a sonne, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted, is, God with vs.)

24 Then Ioseph, being raised from sleepe, did as the Angel of the Lord had bidden him, & tooke vnto him his wife:

25 And knewe her not, till shee had brought forth her first borne sonne, and he called his name Iesus.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:40 am
Matthew
Chapter 2

1 Now when Iesus was borne in Bethlehem of Iudea, in the dayes of Herod the king, behold, there came Wise men from the East to Hierusalem,

2 Saying, Where is he that is borne King of the Iewes? for we haue seene his Starre in the East, and are come to worship him.

3 When Herod the king had heard these things, he was troubled, and all Hierusalem with him.

4 And when he had gathered all the chiefe Priests and Scribes of the people together, hee demanded of them where Christ should be borne.

5 And they said vnto him, In Bethlehem of Iudea: For thus it is written by the Prophet;

6 And thou Bethlehem in the land of Iuda, art not the least among the Princes of Iuda: for out of thee shall come a Gouernour, that shall rule my people Israel.

7 Then Herod, when he had priuily called the Wise men, enquired of them diligently what time the Starre appeared:

8 And he sent them to Bethlehem, and said, Goe, and search diligently for the yong child, and when ye haue found him, bring me word againe, that I may come and worship him also.

9 When they had heard the King, they departed, and loe, the Starre which they saw in the East, went before them, till it came and stood ouer where the young childe was.

10 When they saw the Starre, they reioyced with exceeding great ioy.

11 ¶ And when they were come into the house, they saw the yong child with Mary his mother, and fell downe, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented vnto him gifts, gold, and frankincense, and myrrhe.

12 And being warned of God in a dreame, that they should not returne to Herode, they departed into their owne countrey another way.

13 And when they were departed, behold, the Angel of the Lord appeareth to Ioseph in a dreame, saying, Arise and take the young childe, and his mother, and flee into Egypt, and bee thou there vntill I bring thee word: for Herode will seeke the young childe, to destroy him.

14 When he arose, he tooke the yong childe and his mother by night, and departed into Egypt:

15 And was there vntill the death of Herode, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the Prophet, saying, Out of Egypt haue I called my sonne.

16 ¶ Then Herode, when hee saw that hee was mocked of the Wise men, was exceeding wroth, and sent foorth, and slewe all the children that were in Bethlehem, and in all the coasts thereof, from two yeeres olde and vnder, according to the time, which he had diligently enquired of the Wise men.

17 Then was fulfilled that which was spoken by Ieremie the Prophet, saying,

18 In Rama was there a voice heard, lamentation, and weeping, and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children, and would not be comforted, because they are not.

19 ¶ But when Herode was dead, behold, an Angel of the Lord appeareth in a dreame to Ioseph in Egypt,

20 Saying, Arise, and take the yong childe and his mother, and goe into the land of Israel: for they are dead which sought the yong childes life.

21 And he arose, and tooke the yong childe and his mother, and came into the land of Israel.

22 But when he heard that Archelaus did reigne in Iudea in the roome of his father Herod, hee was afraid to goe thither: notwithstanding, beeing warned of God in a dreame, he turned aside into the parts of Galilee:

23 And hee came and dwelt in a city called Nazareth, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Prophets, He shalbe called a Nazarene.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:39 pm
Matthew
Chapter 3

1 In those daies came Iohn the Baptist, preaching in the wildernesse of Iudea,

2 And saying, Repent yee: for the kingdome of heauen is at hand.

3 For this is he that was spoken of by the Prophet Esaias, saying, The voyce of one crying in the wildernes, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.

4 And the same Iohn had his raiment of camels haire, and a leatherne girdle about his loynes, and his meate was locusts and wilde hony.

5 Then went out to him Hierusalem, and all Iudea, and all the region round about Iordane,

6 And were baptized of him in Iordane, confessing their sinnes.

7 ¶ But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his Baptisme, he said vnto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

8 Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance.

9 And thinke not to say within your selues, Wee haue Abraham to our father: For I say vnto you, that God is able of these stones to raise vp children vnto Abraham.

10 And now also the axe is layd vnto the root of the trees: Therefore euery tree which bringeth not foorth good fruite, is hewen downe, and cast into the fire.

11 I indeed baptize you with water vnto repentance: but he that commeth after mee, is mightier then I, whose shooes I am not worthy to beare, hee shall baptize you with the holy Ghost, and with fire.

12 Whose fanne is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floore, and gather his wheat into the garner: but wil burne vp the chaffe with vnquenchable fire.

13 ¶ Then commeth Iesus from Galilee to Iordane, vnto Iohn, to be baptized of him:

14 But Iohn forbade him, saying, I haue need to bee baptized of thee, and commest thou to me?

15 And Iesus answering, said vnto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becommeth vs to fulfill all righteousnesse. Then he suffered him.

16 And Iesus, when hee was baptized, went vp straightway out of the water: and loe, the heauens were opened vnto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a doue, and lighting vpon him.

17 And loe, a voice from heauen, saying, This is my beloued Sonne, in whom I am well pleased.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:39 am
Matthew
Chapter 4

1 Then was Iesus led vp of the Spirit into the wildernesse, to bee tempted of the deuill.

2 And when hee had fasted forty dayes and forty nights, hee was afterward an hungred.

3 And when the tempter came to him, hee said, If thou be the sonne of God, command that these stones bee made bread.

4 But he answered, and said, It is written, Man shall not liue by bread alone, but by euery word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

5 Then the deuill taketh him vp into the holy Citie, and setteth him on a pinacle of the Temple,

6 And saith vnto him, If thou bee the Sonne of God, cast thy selfe downe: For it is written, He shall giue his Angels charge concerning thee, & in their handes they shall beare thee vp, lest at any time thou dash thy foote against a stone.

7 Iesus said vnto him, It is written againe, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

8 Againe the Deuill taketh him vp into an exceeding high mountaine, and sheweth him all the kingdomes of the world, and the glory of them:

9 And saith vnto him, All these things will I giue thee, if thou wilt fall downe and worship me.

10 Then saith Iesus vnto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him onely shalt thou serue.

11 Then the deuill leaueth him, and behold, Angels came and ministred vnto him.

12 ¶ Now when Iesus had heard that Iohn was cast into prison, he departed into Galilee.

13 And leauing Nazareth, he came and dwelt in Capernaum, which is vpon the Sea coast, in the borders of Zabulon and Nephthali:

14 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the Prophet, saying,

15 The land of Zabulon, and the land of Nephthali, by the way of the Sea beyond Iordane, Galilee of the Gentiles:

16 The people which sate in darkenesse, saw great light: and to them which sate in the region and shadow of death, light is sprung vp.

17 ¶ From that time Iesus began to preach, and to say, Repent, for the kingdome of heauen is at hand.

18 ¶ And Iesus walking by the sea of Galilee, saw two brethren, Simon, called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the Sea (for they were fishers)

19 And he saith vnto them, Follow mee: and I will make you fishers of men.

20 And they straightway left their nets, and followed him.

21 And going on from thence, hee sawe other two brethren, Iames the sonne of Zebedee, and Iohn his brother, in a ship with Zebedee their father, mending their nets: and he called them.

22 And they immediatly left the shippe and their father, and followed him.

23 ¶ And Iesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their Synagogues, and preaching the Gospel of the kingdome, and healing all maner of sickenesse, and all maner of disease among the people.

24 And his fame went thorowout all Syria: and they brought vnto him all sicke people that were taken with diuerse diseases and torments, and those which were possessed with deuils, and those which were lunaticke, and those that had the palsie, and he healed them.

25 And there followed him great great multitudes of people, from Galilee, and from Decapolis, and from Hierusalem, and from Iudea, and from beyond Iordane.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:38 am
Matthew
Chapter 5

1 And seeing the multitudes, he went vp into a mountaine: and when he was set, his disciples came vnto him.

2 And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying,

3 Blessed are the poore in spirit: for theirs is the kingdome of heauen.

4 Blessed are they that mourne: for they shall be comforted.

5 Blessed are the meeke: for they shall inherit the earth.

6 Blessed are they which doe hunger and thirst after righteousnesse: for they shall be filled.

7 Blessed are the mercifull: for they shall obtaine mercie.

8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall bee called the children of God.

10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousnesse sake: for theirs is the kingdome of heauen.

11 Blessed are ye, when men shall reuile you, and persecute you, and shal say all manner of euill against you falsly for my sake.

12 Reioyce, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heauen: For so persecuted they the Prophets which were before you.

13 ¶ Yee are the salt of the earth: But if the salt haue lost his sauour, wherewith shall it bee salted? It is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be troden vnder foote of men.

14 Yee are the light of the world. A citie that is set on an hill, cannot be hid.

15 Neither doe men light a candle, and put it vnder a bushell: but on a candlesticke, and it giueth light vnto all that are in the house.

16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good workes, and glorifie your father which is in heauen.

17 ¶ Thinke not that I am come to destroy the lawe or the Prophets. I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.

18 For verily I say vnto you, Till heauen and earth passe, one iote or one title, shall in no wise passe from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19 Whosoeuer therfore shall breake one of these least commaundements, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdome of heauen: but whosoeuer shall doe, and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdome of heauen.

20 For I say vnto you, That except your righteousnesse shall exceede the righteousnesse of the Scribes and Pharisees, yee shall in no case enter into the kingdome of heauen.

21 ¶ Yee haue heard, that it was saide by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill: and, Whosoeuer shall kill, shalbe in danger of the iudgement.

22 But I say vnto you, that whosoeuer is angry with his brother without a cause, shall be in danger of the Iudgement: and whosoeuer shall say to his brother, Racha, shal be in danger of the counsell: but whosoeuer shall say, Thou foole, shalbe in danger of hell fire.

23 Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there remembrest that thy brother hath ought against thee:

24 Leaue there thy gift before the altar, and goe thy way, first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.

25 Agree with thine aduersarie quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him: least at any time the aduersarie deliuer thee to the iudge, and the iudge deliuer thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison.

26 Uerily I say vnto thee, thou shalt by no meanes come out thence, till thou hast payd the vttermost farthing.

27 ¶ Yee haue heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adulterie.

28 But I say vnto you, That whosoeuer looketh on a woman to lust after her, hath committed adulterie with her already in his heart.

29 And if thy right eie offend thee, plucke it out, and cast it from thee. For it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee. For it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

31 It hath beene said, Whosoeuer shall put away his wife, let him giue her a writing of diuorcement.

32 But I say vnto you, that whosoeuer shall put away his wife, sauing for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoeuer shall marie her that is diuorced, committeth adulterie.

33 ¶ Againe, yee haue heard that it hath beene said by them of old time, Thou shalt not forsweare thy selfe, but shalt performe vnto the Lord thine othes.

34 But I say vnto you, Sweare not at all, neither by heauen, for it is Gods throne:

35 Nor by the earth, for it is his footstoole: neither by Hierusalem, for it is the citie of the great king.

36 Neither shalt thou sweare by thy head, because thou canst not make one haire white or blacke.

37 But let your communication bee Yea, yea: Nay, nay: For whatsoeuer is more then these, commeth of euill.

38 ¶ Yee haue heard that it hath beene said, An eie for an eie, and a tooth for a tooth.

39 But I say vnto you, that yee resist not euill: but whosoeuer shall smite thee on thy right cheeke, turne to him the other also.

40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coate, let him haue thy cloake also.

41 And whosoeuer shall compell thee to goe a mile, goe with him twaine.

42 Giue to him that asketh thee: and from him that would borrow of thee, turne not thou away.

43 ¶ Yee haue heard, that it hath beene said, Thou shalt loue thy neighbour, and hate thine enemie:

44 But I say vnto you, Loue your enemies, blesse them that curse you, doe good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully vse you, and persecute you:

45 That yee may be the children of your father which is in heauen: for he maketh his sunne to rise on the euill and on the good, and sendeth raine on the iust, and on the vniust.

46 For if yee loue them which loue you, what reward haue yee? Doe not euen the Publicanes the same?

47 And if yee salute your brethren only, what do you more then others? Doe not euen the Publicanes so?

48 Be yee therefore perfect, euen as your father, which is in heauen, is perfect.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:42 am
Matthew
Chapter 6

1 Take heed that yee doe not your almes before men, to bee seene of them: otherwise yee haue no reward of your father which is in heauen.

2 Therefore, when thou doest thine almes, doe not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites doe, in the Synagogues, and in the streetes, that they may haue glory of men. Uerily, I say vnto you, they haue their reward.

3 But when thou doest almes, let not thy left hand know, what thy right doeth:

4 That thine almes may be in secret: And thy father which seeth in secret, himselfe shall reward thee openly.

5 ¶ And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they loue to pray standing in the Synagogues, and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seene of men. Uerily I say vnto you, they haue their reward.

6 But thou when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy doore, pray to thy father which is in secret, and thy father which seeth in secret, shall reward thee openly.

7 But when yee pray, vse not vaine repetitions, as the heathen doe. For they thinke that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

8 Be not yee therefore like vnto them: For your father knoweth what things yee haue neede of, before yee aske him.

9 After this maner therefore pray yee: Our father which art in heauen, hallowed be thy name.

10 Thy kingdome come. Thy will be done, in earth, as it is in heauen.

11 Giue vs this day our daily bread.

12 And forgiue vs our debts, as we forgiue our debters.

13 And lead vs not into temptation, but deliuer vs from euill: For thine is the kingdome, and the power, and the glory, for euer, Amen.

14 For, if yee forgiue men their trespasses, your heauenly father will also forgiue you.

15 But, if yee forgiue not men their trespasses, neither will your father forgiue your trespasses.

16 ¶ Moreouer, when yee fast, be not as the Hypocrites, of a sad countenance: for they disfigure their faces, that they may appeare vnto men to fast: Uerily I say vnto you, they haue their reward.

17 But thou, when thou fastest, anoint thine head, and wash thy face:

18 That thou appeare not vnto men to fast, but vnto thy father which is in secret: and thy father which seeth in secret, shall reward thee openly.

19 ¶ Lay not vp for your selues treasures vpon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where theeues breake thorow, and steale.

20 But lay vp for your selues treasures in heauen, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, & where theeues doe not breake thorow, nor steale.

21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

22 The light of the body is the eye: If therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shalbe full of light.

23 But if thine eye be euill, thy whole body shall be full of darknesse. If therfore the light that is in thee be darkenesse, how great is that darkenesse?

24 ¶ No man can serue two masters: for either he will hate the one and loue the other, or else hee will holde to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serue God and Mammon.

25 Therfore I say vnto you, Take no thought for your life, what yee shall eate, or what ye shall drinke, nor yet for your body, what yee shall put on: Is not the life more then meate? and the body then raiment?

26 Behold the foules of the aire: for they sow not, neither do they reape, nor gather into barnes, yet your heauenly father feedeth them. Are yee not much better then they?

27 Which of you by taking thought, can adde one cubite vnto his stature?

28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lillies of the field, how they grow: they toile not, neither doe they spinne.

29 And yet I say vnto you, that euen Solomon in all his glory, was not arayed like one of these.

30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grasse of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the ouen: shall he not much more clothe you, O yee of little faith?

31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eate? or, what shall we drinke? or wherewithall shall wee be clothed?

32 (For after all these things doe the Gentiles seeke:.) for your heauenly father knoweth that ye haue neede of all these things.

33 But seeke ye first the kingdome of God, and his righteousnesse, and all these things shalbe added vnto you.

34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of it selfe: sufficient vnto the day is the euill thereof.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:36 am
Matthew
Chapter 7

1 Iudge not, that ye be not iudged.

2 For with what iudgment ye iudge, yee shall be iudged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you againe.

3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brothers eye, but considerest not the beame that is in thine owne eye?

4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let mee pull out the mote out of thine eye, and beholde, a beame is in thine owne eye?

5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beame out of thine owne eye: and then shalt thou see clearely to cast out the mote out of thy brothers eye.

6 ¶ Giue not that which is holy vnto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearles before swine: lest they trample them vnder their feete, and turne againe and rent you.

7 ¶ Aske, and it shalbe giuen you: seeke, and ye shall finde: knocke, and it shalbe opened vnto you.

8 For euery one that asketh, receiueth: and he that seeketh, findeth: and to him that knocketh, it shalbe opened.

9 Or what man is there of you, whom if his sonne aske bread, will hee giue him a stone?

10 Or if he aske a fish, will hee giue him a serpent?

11 If ye then being euill, know how to giue good giftes vnto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heauen, giue good things to them that aske him?

12 Therefore all things whatsoeuer ye would that men should doe to you, doe ye euen so to them: for this is the Law and the Prophets.

13 ¶ Enter ye in at the strait gate, for wide is the gate, and broad is the way that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which goe in thereat:

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way which leadeth vnto life, and few there be that finde it.

15 ¶ Beware of false prophets which come to you in sheepes clothing, but inwardly they are rauening wolues.

16 Yee shall knowe them by their fruits: Doe men gather grapes of thornes, or figges of thistles?

17 Euen so, euery good tree bringeth forth good fruit: but a corrupt tree bringeth forth euill fruit.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth euil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19 Euery tree that bringeth not forth good fruit, is hewen downe, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

21 ¶ Not euery one that saith vnto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdome of heauen: but he that doth the will of my father which is in heauen.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, haue we not prophecied in thy name? and in thy name haue cast out deuils? and in thy name done many wonderfull works?

23 And then wil I professe vnto them, I neuer knew you: Depart from me, ye that worke iniquity.

24 ¶ Therefore, whosoeuer heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I wil liken him vnto a wise man, which built his house vpon a rocke:

25 And the raine descended, and the floods came, and the windes blew, and beat vpon that house: and it fell not, for it was founded vpon a rocke.

26 And euery one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall bee likened vnto a foolish man, which built his house vpon the sand:

27 And the raine descended, and the floods came, and the windes blew, and beat vpon that house, and it fell, and great was the fall of it.

28 And it came to passe, when Iesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine.

29 For he taught them as one hauing authoritie, and not as the Scribes.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:20 am
Matthew
Chapter 8

1 When he was come downe from the Mountaine, great multitudes folowed him.

2 And behold, there came a leper, and worshipped him, saying, Lord, If thou wilt, thou canst make me cleane.

3 And Iesus put forth his hand, and touched him, saying, I will, bee thou cleane. And immediately his leprosie was cleansed.

4 And Iesus saith vnto him, See thou tell no man, but go thy way, shew thy selfe to the priest, and offer the gift that Moses commanded, for a testimonie vnto them.

5 ¶ And when Iesus was entred into Capernaum, there came vnto him a Centurion, beseeching him,

6 And saying, Lord, my seruant lieth at home sicke of the palsie, grieuously tormented.

7 And Iesus saith vnto him, I will come, and heale him.

8 The Centurion answered, and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come vnder my roofe: but speake the word onely, and my seruant shalbe healed.

9 For I am a man vnder authority, hauing souldiers vnder me: and I say to this man, Goe, and he goeth: and to another, Come, and he commeth: and to my seruant, Doe this, and he doth it.

10 When Iesus heard it, he marueiled, and said to them that followed, Uerely, I say vnto you, I haue not found so great faith, no not in Israel.

11 And I say vnto you, that many shall come from the East and West, and shal sit downe with Abraham, and Isaac, & Iacob, in the kingdome of heauen:

12 But the children of the kingdome shall be cast out into outer darkenesse: there shalbe weeping and gnashing of teeth.

13 And Iesus said vnto the Centurion, Go thy way, and as thou hast beleeued, so be it done vnto thee. And his seruant was healed in the self same houre.

14 ¶ And when Iesus was come into Peters house, hee saw his wiues mother laid, and sicke of a feuer:

15 And he touched her hand, and the feuer left her: and she arose, and ministred vnto them.

16 ¶ When the Euen was come, they brought vnto him many that were possessed with deuils: and hee cast out the spirits with his worde, and healed all that were sicke,

17 That it might be fulfilled which which was spoken by Esaias the Prophet, saying, Himselfe tooke our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses.

18 ¶ Now when Iesus saw great multitudes about him, hee gaue commaundement to depart vnto the other side.

19 And a certaine Scribe came, and said vnto him, Master, I will follow thee whithersoeuer thou goest.

20 And Iesus saith vnto him, The Foxes haue holes, and the birds of the ayre haue nests: but the sonne of man hath not where to lay his head.

21 And another of his Disciples said vnto him, Lord, suffer me first to goe, and bury my father.

22 But Iesus said vnto him, Follow me, & let the dead, bury their dead.

23 ¶ And when he was entred into a ship, his Disciples followed him.

24 And behold, there arose a great tempest in the Sea, insomuch that the ship was couered with the waues: but he was asleepe.

25 And his Disciples came to him, and awoke, saying, Lord, saue vs: we perish.

26 And he saith vnto them, Why are yee fearefull, O yee of litle faith? Then hee arose, and rebuked the winds and the Sea, and there was a great calme.

27 But the men marueiled, saying, What maner of man is this, that euen the winds and the Sea obey him?

28 ¶ And when hee was come to the other side, into the countrey of the Gergesenes, there met him two possessed with deuils, comming out of the tombes, exceeding fierce, so that no man might passe by that way.

29 And behold, they cryed out, saying, What haue we to doe with thee, Iesus thou sonne of God? Art thou come hither to torment vs befor þe time?

30 And there was a good way off from them, an heard of many swine, feeding.

31 So the deuils besought him, saying, If thou cast vs out, suffer vs to goe away into the herd of swine.

32 And he said vnto them, Goe. And when they were come out, they went into the herd of swine: and behold, the whole herd of swine ranne violently downe a steepe place into the Sea, and perished in the waters.

33 And they that kept them, fled, and went their waies into the citie, and told euery thing, and what was befallen to the possessed of the deuils.

34 And behold, the whole citie came out to meete Iesus: and when they saw him, they besought him that hee would depart out of their coasts.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:48 pm
Matthew
Chapter 9

1 And hee entred into a ship, and passed ouer, and came into his owne citie.

2 And behold, they brought to him a man sicke of the palsie, lying on a bed: and Iesus seeing their faith, said vnto the sicke of the palsie, Sonne, be of good cheere, thy sinnes be forgiuen thee.

3 And behold, certaine of the Scribes said within themselues, This man blasphemeth.

4 And Iesus knowing their thoughts, said, Wherefore thinke yee euill in your hearts?

5 For whether is easier to say, Thy sinnes be forgiuen thee: or to say, Arise, and walke?

6 But that yee may know that the sonne of man hath power on earth to forgiue sinnes, (Then saith hee to the sicke of the palsie) Arise, take vp thy bed, and goe vnto thine house.

7 And he arose, and departed to his house.

8 But when the multitudes saw it, they marueiled, & glorified God, which had giuen such power vnto men.

9 ¶ And as Iesus passed forth from thence, he saw a man named Matthew, sitting at the receite of custome: and he saith vnto him, Follow me. And he arose and followed him.

10 ¶ And it came to passe, as Iesus sate at meate in the house, behold, many publicanes and sinners, came and sate downe with him and his Disciples.

11 And when the Pharisees saw it, they said vnto his disciples, Why eateth your master with publicanes & sinners.

12 But when Iesus heard that, hee said vnto them, They that be whole neede not a Physicion, but they that are sicke.

13 But goe ye and learne what that meaneth, I will haue mercy and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

14 ¶ Then came to him the disciples of Iohn, saying, Why doe we and the Pharisees fast oft, but thy disciples fast not?

15 And Iesus saide vnto them, Can the children of the bride-chamber mourne, as long as the bridegrome is with them? But the dayes will come when the bridegrome shall bee taken from them, and then shall they fast.

16 No man putteth a piece of new cloth vnto an olde garment: for that which is put in to fill it vp, taketh from the garment, & the rent is made worse.

17 Neither doe men put new wine into old bottels: else the bottels breake, and the wine runneth out, and the bottels perish: but they put new wine into new bottels, and both are preserued.

18 ¶ While hee spake these things vnto them, beholde, there came a certaine ruler and worshipped him, saying, My daughter is euen now dead: but come, and lay thy hand vpon her, and she shall liue.

19 And Iesus arose, and followed him, and so did his disciples.

20 (¶ And behold, a woman which was diseased with an issue of blood twelue yeeres, came behinde him, and touched the hemme of his garment.

21 For she said within her selfe, If I may but touch his garment, I shall be whole.

22 But Iesus turned him about, and when he saw her, he said, Daughter, bee of good comfort, thy faith hath made thee whole. And the woman was made whole from that houre.)

23 And when Iesus came into the rulers house, and saw the minstrels and the people making a noise,

24 He said vnto them, Giue place, for the mayd is not dead, but sleepeth. And they laughed him to scorne.

25 But when the people were put foorth, he went in, and tooke her by the hand: and the mayd arose.

26 And the fame hereof went abroad into all that land.

27 ¶ And when Iesus departed thence, two blinde men followed him, crying, and saying, Thou sonne of Dauid, haue mercy on vs.

28 And when he was come into the house, the blinde men came to him: and Iesus saith vnto them, Beleeue ye that I am able to doe this? They said vnto him, Yea, Lord.

29 Then touched he their eyes, saying, According to your faith, bee it vnto you.

30 And their eyes were opened: and Iesus straitly charged them, saying, See that no man know it.

31 But they, when they were departed, spread abroad his fame in all that countrey.

32 ¶ As they went out, beholde, they brought to him a dumbe man possessed with a deuill.

33 And when the deuil was cast out, the dumbe spake, and the multitudes marueiled, saying, It was neuer so seene in Israel.

34 But the Pharisees said, He casteth out the deuils through the prince of the deuils.

35 And Iesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their Synagogues, and preaching the Gospel of the kingdome, and healing euery sickenesse, and euery disease among the people.

36 ¶ But when he saw the multitudes, he was moued with compassion on them, because they fainted, and were scattered abroad, as sheepe hauing no shepheard.

37 Then saith he vnto his disciples, The haruest truely is plenteous, but the labourers are few.

38 Pray ye therefore the Lord of the haruest, that hee will send foorth labourers into his haruest.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:06 am
Matthew
Chapter 10

1 And when hee had called vnto him his twelue disciples, he gaue them power against vncleane spirits, to cast them out, and to heale all maner of sickenesse, and all maner of disease.

2 Now the names of the twelue Apostles are these: The first, Simon, who is called Peter, and Andrew his brother, Iames the sonne of Zebedee, and Iohn his brother:

3 Philip, and Bartholomew, Thomas, and Matthew the Publicane, Iames the sonne of Alpheus, and Lebbeus, whose surname was Thaddeus:

4 Simon the Canaanite, and Iudas Iscariot, who also betrayed him.

5 These twelue Iesus sent foorth, and commanded them, saying, Goe not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:

6 But goe rather to the lost sheepe of the house of Israel.

7 And as yee goe, preach, saying, The kingdome of heauen is at hand:

8 Heale the sicke, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out deuils: freely ye haue receiued, freely giue.

9 Prouide neither gold, nor siluer, nor brasse in your purses:

10 Nor scrippe for your iourney, neither two coats, neither shooes, nor yet staues: (for the workeman is worthy of his meat.)

11 And into whatsoeuer city or towne ye shall enter, inquire who in it is worthy, and there abide till yee goe thence.

12 And when ye come into an house, salute it.

13 And if the house be worthy, let your peace come vpon it: but if it be not worthy, let your peace returne to you.

14 And whosoeuer shall not receiue you, nor heare your words: when yee depart out of that house, or city, shake off the dust of your feete.

15 Uerely I say vnto you, it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of iudgment, then for that citie.

16 ¶ Behold, I send you foorth as sheepe in the middest of wolues: be yee therefore wise as serpents, and harmelesse as doues.

17 But beware of men: for they will deliuer you vp to the Councils, and they will scourge you in their Synagogues,

18 And yee shall be brought before Gouernours and Kings for my sake, for a testimonie against them, and the Gentiles.

19 But when they deliuer you vp, take no thought, how or what ye shall speake, for it shall bee giuen you in that same houre what ye shall speake.

20 For it is not yee that speake, but the Spirit of your Father, which speaketh in you.

21 And the brother shall deliuer vp the brother to death, and the father the childe: and the children shall rise vp against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.

22 And yee shall be hated of all men for my Names sake: but he that endureth to the end, shalbe saued.

23 But when they persecute you in this citie, flee ye into another: for verely I say vnto you, ye shall not haue gone ouer the cities of Israel, till the Sonne of man be come.

24 The disciple is not aboue his master, nor the seruant aboue his lord.

25 It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the seruant as his Lord: If they haue called the Master of the house of Beelzebub, how much more shall they call them of his household?

26 Feare them not therefore: for there is nothing couered, that shall not be reueiled; and hidde, that shall not be knowen.

27 What I tell you in darkenesse, that speake yee in light: and what yee heare in the eare, that preach yee vpon the house tops.

28 And feare not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soule: but rather feare him which is able to destroy both soule and body in hell.

29 Are not two Sparrowes solde for a farthing? And one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father.

30 But the very haires of your head are all numbred.

31 Feare yee not therefore, ye are of more value then many Sparrowes.

32 Whosoeuer therefore shall confesse mee before men, him will I confesse also before my Father which is in heauen.

33 But whosoeuer shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heauen.

34 Thinke not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, & the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

36 And a mans foes shalbe they of his owne houshold.

37 He that loueth father or mother more then me, is not worthy of me: and he that loueth sonne or daughter more then me, is not worthy of me.

38 And he that taketh not his crosse, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

39 He that findeth his life, shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake, shall find it.

40 ¶ He that receiueth you, receiueth me: and he that receiueth mee, receiueth him that sent me.

41 He that receiueth a Prophet in the name of a Prophet, shall receiue a Prophets reward: and he that receiueth a righteous man, in the name of a righteous man, shal receiue a righteous mans reward.

42 And whosoeuer shall giue to drinke vnto one of these litle ones, a cup of cold water onely, in the name of a disciple, verily I say vnto you, hee shall in no wise lose his reward.

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:09 am
Matthew
Chapter 11

1 And it came to passe, when Iesus had made an end of commaunding his twelue Disciples, hee departed thence to teach and to preach in their cities.

2 Now when Iohn had heard in the prison the workes of Christ, he sent two of his disciples,

3 And said vnto him, Art thou hee that should come? Or doe wee looke for another?

4 Iesus answered and saide vnto them, Go and shew Iohn againe those things which we doe heare and see:

5 The blind receiue their sight, and the lame walke, the lepers are cleansed, and the deafe heare, the dead are raised vp, and the poore haue the Gospel preached to them.

6 And blessed is he, whoseouer shal not be offended in me.

7 ¶ And as they departed, Iesus began to say vnto the multitudes concerning Iohn, what went ye out into the wildernesse to see? a reede shaken with the winde?

8 But what went ye out for to see? A man clothed in soft raiment? Behold, they that weare soft cloathing, are in kings houses.

9 But what went ye out for to see? A Prophet? yea, I say vnto you, and more then a Prophet.

10 For this is he of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.

11 Uerely I say vnto you, Among them that are borne of women, there hath not risen a greater then Iohn the Baptist: notwithstanding, hee that is least in the kingdome of heauen, is greater then he.

12 And from the dayes of Iohn the Baptist, vntill now, the kingdome of heauen suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.

13 For all the Prophets, and the Law prophecied vntill Iohn.

14 And if ye wil receiue it, this is Elias which was for to come.

15 Hee that hath eares to heare, let him heare.

16 ¶ But whereunto shall I liken this generation? It is like vnto children, sitting in the markets, and calling vnto their fellowes,

17 And saying, we haue piped vnto you, and ye haue not danced: wee haue mourned vnto you, and ye haue not lamented.

18 For Iohn came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, he hath a deuill.

19 The sonne of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a wine bibber, a friend of publicanes and sinners: but wisedom is iustified of her children.

20 ¶ Then began he to vpbraid the cities wherein most of his mighty works were done, because they repented not.

21 Woe vnto thee Chorazin, woe vnto thee Bethsaida: for if the mightie workes which were done in you, had bene done in Tyre and Sidon, they would haue repented long agoe in sackcloth and ashes.

22 But I say vnto you, It shall bee more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the day of iudgement, then for you.

23 And thou Capernaum, which art exalted vnto heauen, shalt be brought downe to hell: For if the mighty works which haue beene done in thee, had bin done in Sodome, it would haue remained vntil this day.

24 But I say vnto you, that it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom, in þe day of iudgment, then for thee.

25 ¶ At that time Iesus answered, and said, I thanke thee, O Father, Lord of heauen and earth, because thou hast hid these things frō the wise & prudent, & hast reueiled them vnto babes.

26 Euen so, Father, for so it seemed good in thy sight.

27 All things are deliuered vnto me of my father: and no man knoweth the sonne but the father: neither knoweth any man the father, saue the sonne, and hee to whomsoeuer the sonne will reueile him.

28 ¶ Come vnto me all yee that labour, and are heauy laden, and I will giue you rest.

29 Take my yoke vpon you, and learne of me, for I am meeke and lowly in heart: and yee shall find rest vnto your soules.

30 For my yoke is easie, and my burden is light.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:23 am
Matthew
Chapter 12

1 At that time, Iesus went on the Sabbath day thorow the corne, & his Disciples were an hungred, and beganne to pluck the eares of corne, and to eate.

2 But when the Pharises saw it, they said vnto him, Behold, thy Disciples doe that which is not lawfull to doe vpon the Sabbath day.

3 But he said vnto them, Haue yee not read what Dauid did when hee was an hungred, and they that were with him,

4 How he entred into the house of God, and did eate the shew bread, which was not lawfull for him to eate, neither for them which were with him, but, only for the Priests?

5 Or haue yee not read in the law, how that on the Sabbath dayes the Priests in the Temple profane the Sabbath, and are blamelesse?

6 But I saye vnto you, that in this place is one greater then the Temple.

7 But if yee had knowen what this meaneth, I will haue mercy, and not sacrifice, yee would not haue condemned the guiltlesse.

8 For the sonne of man is Lord euen of the Sabbath day.

9 And when hee was departed thence, he went into their Synagogue.

10 ¶ And behold, there was a man which had his hand withered, and they asked him, saying, Is it lawfull to heale on the Sabbath dayes? that they might accuse him.

11 And hee said vnto them, What man shal there be among you, that shall haue one sheepe: and if it fall into a pit on the Sabbath day, will hee not lay hold on it, and lift it out?

12 How much then is a man better then a shepe? Wherfore it is lawfull to doe well on the Sabbath dayes.

13 Then saith he to the man, Stretch forth thine hand: and hee stretched it forth, and it was restored whole, like as the other.

14 ¶ Then the Pharises went out, and held a counsell against him, how they might destroy him.

15 But when Iesus knew it, hee withdrew himselfe from thence: and great multitudes followed him, and he healed them all,

16 And charged them that they should not make him knowen:

17 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the Prophet, saying,

18 Behold, my seruant whom I haue chosen, my beloued in whom my soule is well pleased: I will put my spirit vpon him, and he shall shew iudgement to the Gentiles.

19 He shall not striue, nor cry, neither shall any man heare his voice in the streets.

20 A bruised reed shal he not breake, and smoking flaxe shall he not quench, till he send forth iudgment vnto victory.

21 And in his name shall the Gentiles trust.

22 ¶ Then was brought vnto him one possessed with a deuill, blinde, and dumbe: and hee healed him, insomuch that the blinde and dumbe both spake and saw.

23 And all the people were amazed, and said, Is this the sonne of Dauid?

24 But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doeth not cast out deuils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the deuils.

25 And Iesus knew their thoughts, and said vnto them, Euery kingdome diuided against it selfe, is brought to desolation: and euery citie or house diuided against it selfe, shall not stand.

26 And if Satan cast out Satan, he is diuided against himselfe; how shall then his kingdome stand?

27 And if I by Beelzebub cast out deuils, by whom doe your children cast them out? Therefore they shall be your Iudges.

28 But if I cast out deuils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdome of God is come vnto you.

29 Or else, how can one enter into a strong mans house, & spoile his goods, except hee first binde the strong man, and then he will spoile his house.

30 He that is not with me, is against me: and hee that gathereth not with me, scattereth abroad.

31 ¶ Wherefore I say vnto you, All maner of sinne and blasphemie shall be forgiuen vnto men: but the blasphemie against the holy Ghost, shall not bee forgiuen vnto men.

32 And whosoeuer speaketh a word against the sonne of man, it shall be forgiuen him: but whosoeuer speaketh against the holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiuen him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

33 Either make the tree good, and his fruit good: Or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: For the tree is knowen by his fruit.

34 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being euil, speake good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

35 A good man out of the good treasure of the heart, bringeth foorth good things: and an euill man out of the euill treasure, bringeth foorth euill things.

36 But I say vnto you, That euery idle word that men shall speake, they shall giue accompt thereof in the day of Iudgement.

37 For by thy wordes thou shalt bee iustified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

38 ¶ Then certaine of the Scribes, and of the Pharisees, answered, saying, Master, we would see a signe from thee.

39 But hee answered, and said to them, An euill and adulterous generation seeketh after a signe, and there shall no signe be giuen to it, but the signe of the Prophet Ionas.

40 For as Ionas was three dayes and three nights in the whales belly: so shal the sonne of man be three daies and three nights in the heart of the earth.

41 The men of Nineue shall rise in iudgement with this generation, and shall condemne it, because they repented at the preaching of Ionas, and behold, a greater then Ionas is here.

42 The Queene of the South shall rise vp in the iudgement with this generation, and shall condemne it: for she came from the vttermost parts of the earth to heare the wisedome of Solomon, and behold, a greater then Solomon is here.

43 When the vncleane spirit is gone out of a man, hee walketh thorow dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none.

44 Then he saith, I will returne into my house from whence I came out; And when he is come, he findeth it emptie, swept, and garnished.

45 Then goeth he, and taketh with himselfe seuen other spirits more wicked then himselfe, and they enter in and dwell there: And the last state of that man is worse then the first. Euen so shal it be also vnto this wicked generation.

46 ¶ While he yet talked to the people, behold, his mother and his brethren stood without, desiring to speake with him.

47 Then one saide vnto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speake with thee.

48 But he answered, and said vnto him that told him, Who is my mother? And who are my brethren?

49 And hee stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold, my mother and my brethren.

50 For whosoeuer shall doe the will of my Father which is in heauen, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:22 pm
Matthew
Chapter 13

1 The same day went Iesus out of the house, and sate by the sea side.

2 And great multitudes were gathered together vnto him, so that hee went into a ship, and sate, and the whole multitude stood on the shore.

3 And hee spake many things vnto them in parables, saying, Behold, a sower went foorth to sow.

4 And when he sowed, some seedes fell by the wayes side, and the foules came, and deuoured them vp.

5 Some fell vpon stony places, where they had not much earth: and foorth with they sprung vp, because they had no deepenesse of earth.

6 And when the Sunne was vp, they were scorched: and because they had not root, they withered away.

7 And some fell among thorns: and the thornes sprung vp, & choked them.

8 But other fell into good ground, and brought foorth fruit, some an hundred folde, some sixtie folde, some thirty folde.

9 Who hath eares to heare, let him heare.

10 And the disciples came, and sayd vnto him, Why speakest thou vnto them in parables?

11 He answered, and said vnto them, Because it is giuen vnto you to know the mysteries of the kingdome of heauen, but to them it is not giuen.

12 For whosoeuer hath, to him shall be giuen, and he shall haue more abundance: but whosoeuer hath not, from him shall be taken away, euen that hee hath.

13 Therefore speake I to then in parables: because they seeing, see not: and hearing, they heare not, neither doe they vnderstand.

14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecie of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall heare, and shall not vnderstand: and seeing yee shall see, and shall not perceiue.

15 For this peoples heart is waxed grosse, and their eares are dull of hearing, and their eyes they haue closed, lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and heare with their eares, and should vnderstand with their heart, and should be conuerted, and I should heale them.

16 But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your eares, for they heare.

17 For verely I say vnto you, that many Prophets, and righteous men haue desired to see those things which yee see, and haue not seene them: and to heare those things which ye heare, and haue not heard them.

18 ¶ Heare ye therefore the parable of the sower.

19 When any one heareth the word of the kingdome, and vnderstandeth it not, then commeth the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sowen in his heart: this is hee which receiued seede by the way side.

20 But he that receiued the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, & anon with ioy receiueth it:

21 Yet hath hee not root in himselfe, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.

22 He also that receiued seed among the thorns, is he that heareth the word, and the care of this world, and the deceitfulnesse of riches choke the word, and he becommeth vnfruitfull.

23 But he that receiued seed into the good ground, is hee that heareth the word, and vnderstandeth it, which also beareth fruit, and bringeth foorth, some an hundred fold, some sixtie, some thirty.

24 ¶ Another parable put he forth vnto them, saying; The kingdome of heauen is likened vnto a man which sowed good seed in his field:

25 But while men slept, his enemy came & sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.

26 But when the blade was sprung vp, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.

27 So the seruants of the housholder came, and said vnto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seede in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?

28 He said vnto them, An enemy hath done this. The seruants said vnto him, Wilt thou then that we goe and gather them vp?

29 But he said, Nay: lest while yee gather vp the tares, ye root vp also the wheat with them.

30 Let both grow together vntil the haruest: and in the time of haruest, I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and binde them in bundels to burne them: but gather the wheat into my barne.

31 ¶ Another parable put he foorth vnto them, saying, The kingdome of heauen is like to a graine of mustard seed, which a man tooke, and sowed in his field.

32 Which indeed is the least of al seeds: but when it is growen, it is the greatest among herbes, and becommeth a tree: so that the birds of the aire come and lodge in the branches thereof.

33 ¶ Another parable spake he vnto them, The kingdome of heauen is like vnto leauen, which a woman tooke, and hid in three measures of meale, till the whole was leauened.

34 All these things spake Iesus vnto the multitude in parables, and without a parable spake hee not vnto them:

35 That it might bee fulfilled which was spoken by the Prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables, I wil vtter things which haue bin kept secret from the foundation of the world.

36 Then Iesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came vnto him, saying, Declare vnto vs the parable of the tares of the field.

37 He answered, and said vnto them, Hee that soweth the good seed, is the sonne of man.

38 The field is the world. The good seed, are the children of the kingdome: but the tares are the children of the wicked one.

39 The enemie that sowed them, is the deuill. The haruest, is the ende of the world. And the reapers are the Angels.

40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burnt in the fire: so shall it be in the end of this world.

41 The Sonne of man shall send forth his Angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdome all things that offend, and them which doe iniquitie:

42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wayling and gnashing of teeth.

43 Then shall the righteous shine foorth as the Sunne, in the kingdome of their father. Who hath eares to heare, let him heare.

44 ¶ Againe, the kingdome of heauen is like vnto treasure hid in a field: the which when a man hath found, hee hideth, and for ioy thereof goeth and selleth all that hee hath, and buyeth that field.

45 ¶ Againe, the kingdome of heauen is like vnto a marchant man, seeking goodly pearles:

46 Who when hee had found one pearle of great price, he went and solde all that he had, and bought it.

47 ¶ Againe, the kingdome of heauen is like vnto a net that was cast into the sea, and gathered of euery kind,

48 Which, when it was full, they drew to shore, and sate downe, and gathered the good into vessels, but cast the bad away.

49 So shall it be at the ende of the world: the Angels shal come forth, and seuer the wicked from among the iust,

50 And shal cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing, and gnashing of teeth.

51 Iesus saith vnto them, Haue ye vnderstood all these things? They say vnto him, Yea, Lord.

52 Then said he vnto them, Therefore euery Scribe which is instructed vnto the kingdom of heauen, is like vnto a man that is an housholder, which bringeth foorth out of his treasure things new and old.

53 ¶ And it came to passe, that when Iesus had finished these parables, hee departed thence.

54 And when hee was come into his owne countrey, he taught them in their Synagogue, insomuch that they were astonished, and said, Whence hath this man this wisedome, and these mighty works?

55 Is not this the Carpenters sonne? Is not his mother called Marie? and his brethren, Iames, and Ioses, and Simon, and Iudas?

56 And his sisters, are they not all with vs? whence then hath this man all these things?

57 And they were offended in him. But Iesus said vnto them, A Prophet is not without honour, saue in his owne countrey, and in his owne house.

58 And hee did not many mighty workes there, because of their vnbeliefe.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:10 am
Matthew
Chapter 14

1 At that time Herod the Tetrarch heard of the fame of Iesus,

2 And said vnto his seruants, This is Iohn the Baptist, hee is risen from the dead, and therfore mighty workes doe shew foorth themselues in him.

3 ¶ For Herode had layd hold on Iohn, and bound him, and put him in prison for Herodias sake, his brother Philips wife.

4 For Iohn said vnto him, It is not lawfull for thee to haue her.

5 And when he would haue put him to death, hee feared the multitude, because they counted him as a Prophet.

6 But when Herods birth day was kept, the daughter of Herodias daunced before them, and pleased Herode.

7 Whereupon he promised with an oath, to giue her whatsoeuer she would aske.

8 And she, being before instructed of her mother, said, Giue me heere Iohn Baptists head in a charger.

9 And the king was sorie: neuerthelesse for the othes sake, and them which sate with him at meate, he commanded it to be giuen her:

10 And he sent, and beheaded Iohn in the prison.

11 And his head was brought in a charger, and giuen to the Damsell: and she brought it to her mother.

12 And his Disciples came, and took vp the body, and buried it, and went and told Iesus.

13 ¶ When Iesus heard of it, he departed thence by ship, into a desert place apart: and when the people had heard thereof, they followed him on foote, out of the cities.

14 And Iesus went forth, and saw a great multitude, and was mooued with compassion toward them, and he healed their sicke.

15 ¶ And when it was euening, his Disciples came to him, saying, This is a desert place, and the time is now past; send the multitude away, that they may goe into the villages, and buy themselues victuals.

16 But Iesus said vnto them, They neede not depart; giue yee them to eate.

17 And they say vnto him, We haue heere but fiue loaues, and two fishes.

18 He said, Bring them hither to me.

19 And hee commanded the multitude to sit downe on the grasse, & tooke the fiue loaues, and the two fishes, and looking vp to heauen, hee blessed, and brake, and gaue the loaues to his Disciples, and the Disciples to the multitude.

20 And they did all eat, & were filled: and they tooke vp of the fragments that remained twelue baskets full.

21 And they that had eaten, were about fiue thousand men, beside women and children.

22 ¶ And straightway Iesus constrained his Disciples to get into a ship, and to goe before him vnto the other side, while he sent the multitudes away.

23 And when he had sent the multitudes away, he went vp into a mountaine apart to pray: and when the euening was come, he was there alone:

24 But the ship was now in the midst of the Sea, tossed with waues: for the wind was contrary.

25 And in the fourth watch of the night, Iesus went vnto them, walking on the Sea.

26 And when the Disciples saw him walking on the Sea, they were troubled, saying, It is a spirit: and they cried out for feare.

27 But straightway Iesus spake vnto them, saying, Be of good cheere: it is I, be not afraid.

28 And Peter answered him, and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come vnto thee on the water.

29 And he said, Come. And when Peter was come downe out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Iesus.

30 But when he saw the wind boysterous, he was afraid: and beginning to sinke, he cried, saying, Lord saue me.

31 And immediately Iesus stretched foorth his hand, and caught him, and said vnto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?

32 And when they were come into the ship, the wind ceased.

33 Then they that were in the ship, came and worshipped him, saying, Of a trueth thou art the sonne of God.

34 ¶ And when they were gone ouer, they came into þe land of Genesaret.

35 And when the men of that place had knowledge of him, they sent out into all that countrey round about, and brought vnto him al that were diseased,

36 And besought him, that they might onely touch the hemme of his garment; and as many as touched, were made perfectly whole.

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:05 am
Matthew
Chapter 15

1 Then came to Iesus Scribes and Pharisees, which were of Hierusalem, saying,

2 Why do thy disciples transgresse the tradition of the Elders? for they wash not their handes when they eat bread.

3 But hee answered, and said vnto them, Why doe you also transgresse the Commandement of God by your tradition?

4 For God commaunded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: And hee that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.

5 But yee say, Whosoeuer shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift by whatsoeuer thou mightest bee profited by me,

6 And honour not his father or his mother, hee shall be free. Thus haue yee made the Commaundement of God of none effect by your tradition.

7 Yee hypocrites, well did Esaias prophecie of you, saying,

8 This people draweth nigh vnto mee with their mouth, and honoureth mee with their lips: but their heart is farre from me.

9 But in vaine they do worship me, teaching for doctrines, the commandements of men.

10 ¶ And he called the multitude, and said vnto them, Heare and vnderstand.

11 Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man: but that which commeth out of the mouth, this defileth a man.

12 Then came his disciples, and said vnto him, Knowest thou that the Pharisees were offended after they heard this saying?

13 But he answered and said, Euery plant which my heauenly father hath not planted, shalbe rooted vp.

14 Let them alone: they be blinde leaders of the blinde. And if the blinde lead the blinde, both shall fall into the ditch.

15 Then answered Peter, and said vnto him, Declare vnto vs this parable.

16 And Iesus said, Are yee also yet without vnderstanding?

17 Doe not yee yet vnderstand, that whatsoeuer entreth in at the mouth, goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?

18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth, come forth from the heart, and they defile the man.

19 For out of the heart proceed euill thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witnes, blasphemies.

20 These are the things which defile a man: But to eate with vnwashen hands, defileth not a man.

21 ¶ Then Iesus went thence, and departed into the coastes of Tyre and Sidon.

22 And behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, & cried vnto him, saying, Haue mercy on me, O Lord, thou sonne of Dauid, my daughter is grieuously vexed with a deuill.

23 But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came, and besought him, saying, Send her away, for she cryeth after vs.

24 But he answered, and said, I am not sent, but vnto the lost sheepe of the house of Israel.

25 Then came she, and worshipped him, saying, Lord, helpe me.

26 But he answered, and said, It is not meete to take the childrens bread, and to cast it to dogs.

27 And she said, Trueth Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crummes which fall from their masters table.

28 Then Iesus answered, and said vnto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it vnto thee euen as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very houre.

29 And Iesus departed frō thence, and came nigh vnto the sea of Galile, and went vp into a mountaine, and sate downe there.

30 And great multitudes came vnto him, hauing with them those that were lame, blinde, dumbe, maimed, and many others, and cast them downe at Iesus feet, and he healed them:

31 Insomuch that the multitude wondred, when they saw the dumbe to speake, the maimed to be whole, the lame to walke, and the blind to see: and they glorified the God of Israel.

32 ¶ Then Iesus called his disciples vnto him, and said, I haue compassion on the multitude, because they continue with me now three dayes, and haue nothing to eate: and I will not send them away fasting, lest they faint in the way.

33 And his disciples say vnto him, Whence should we haue so much bread in the wildernesse, as to fill so great a multitude?

34 And Iesus saith vnto them, How many loaues haue yee? And they said, Seuen, and a few little fishes.

35 And hee commaunded the multitude to sit downe on the ground.

36 And he tooke the seuen loaues and the fishes, and gaue thankes, and brake them, and gaue to his disciples, and the disciples to the multitude.

37 And they did all eate, and were filled: and they tooke vp of the broken meate that was left, seuen baskets full.

38 And they that did eat, were foure thousand men, beside women and children.

39 And he sent away the multitude, and tooke ship, and came into the coasts of Magdala.

The Bible

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games