Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 3 - Glimmers in the Dark (Main Roleplay) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:20 am
The howling and the striking is eternal, never ending.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:19 pm
Initiative Order
Ruin HP 46/65, +2 AC and Ref.
Valac: HP: 68/75, Regen 4,
Vivian
Fomorian, DEAD,
Ilikan HP:62/83,
Irene
Kuori HP: 57/59,
Revenge HP:70/71,

As Revenge and Ruin slice the fomorian in its legs, it falls to its knees, leaning on its club. It tries to get back up to continue the fight but Valac rushes forward and stabs the monstrosity deep into its chest, piercing its heart. The Fomorian lets out a low guttural moan and then falls over dead, never getting a chance to answer Revenge's challenge.

COMBAT OVER

Irene runs over ecstatically, followed by a much less ecstatic Vivan. In fact, it looked like the strange girl was struggling to stand. Irene would stare in amazement at the giant's corpse. "Wow, to slay such a beast...you guys are amazing!"  

Kowsauni
Crew

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:19 pm
Kuori smashes a morningstar into its bulging eye. Then, looking up she asked, "Where's the drunk?"  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:43 pm
Revenge's sword would begin to crystallize over with frost; a sharp downward swing would send the frost shards flying off in a sparkling snowfall, his weapon cleaned of blood.

"As your spirit descends to whatever hell awaits you, monster, know this: All the people you've wronged and lost their lives as result of your evil, have guided my hand today. By Sehanine's grace, I was able to be their blade to ensure not one more person suffered. Today, I was their Revenge against you."

He would sheath his sword.

Letting out a sigh of exhaustion, he would look to Kuori. "I think he said something about staying behind and waiting for us? We probably want to reconvene at-"

A pause.

"Oh! Who's this?" Revenge would say, looking in Vivian's direction.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:34 am
Raging Valac joined in on the mutilation of the Formorian's body as he calmed down covering himself in gore and viscera. As he transformed back to normal he would hear Revenge's question, look at what he was looking at and say,

"...A runt."  
Southern Cross Nemesis rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:21 am
"Ya, ya we are great..." Ruin would say kind of bored, tossing his blade at the Fomorian. "First truly unique creature, that we can commune with... and it is insane... and we kill it. "

Turning to the purple girl he saved. He would walk over to her and place his hand on her head "Hey, You feeling okay? I have a second potion, rations... not much water, but you can have 'em you want 'em."

20 Heal check, is she well...  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:59 pm
The small girl keeps her shabby cloak wrapped tightly around her leaving only her white and purple face exposed. She says nothing at first and Valac notices he doesn't get the usual reaction from insulting her. When Ruin offers her his food and water she takes it without hesitation and begins to ravenously eat it. Her eyes moisten up as she does so. It was hard to tell much with how she kept herself hidden away, but the girl seemed to be exhausted and malnourished. Ruin feels its has probably been a couple days since she last ate. He also notices some bugling shapes coming from her back under her cloak.

After she had eaten, the girl would begin speaking again. "It figures, you are with them." Her comment seems to be directed at Ruin. "I should have known."  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:57 pm
"Easy, you don't want to choke." Ruin spoke as he lowered into a squat to be at her level. Being from the Shadow Court, Ruin knew some good people wanted to keep their secrets secret. So, as long as the bugling shapes weren't causing Purple any physical pain... he wasn't going to pry. "If you want we can have Revenge or Kuori look at anything lingering pain. Being inside the giant's bag probably hurt more than being pulled apart by an umber hulk."

"So, you know them? I only knew them for a little over a week, and when we first met it was on a battlezone... A friend of mine fell for Kuori's story and asked me to join them. So, you probably know them better than me." Ruin said, extending his hand to her with a smile. "I am Vaius; orphan, teacher, and adventurer, but this lot mostly calls me Ruin."  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:40 am
"That's Vivian, her dad, caretaker or whatever is that sleezy alchemist that seems to always chase the scent of blood. Good kid, bad at listening if I remember right. What in the Hells are you doing here, and please tell me that he didn't come with you."
Kuori starts hiking back for Diedrich.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:34 am
Quote:
"If you want we can have Revenge or Kuori look at anything lingering pain. Being inside the giant's bag probably hurt more than being pulled apart by an umber hulk."

Quote:
"That's Vivian, her dad, caretaker or whatever is that sleezy alchemist that seems to always chase the scent of blood."

November 2018
Taking a moment to pack all, but the new healing potions. Ruin would walk to his two companions. “I can’t hold anymore in my pack, can you two hold these?” he spoke as he held out a potion for the other two tieflings.

"Hm? Oh, if you would like," he would say, putting the potion into a belt pouch. ((Character sheet updated)) "Just let me know when you need it back."

The gears turned in Revenge's head for a few moments, before walking over to Vivian and kneeling before her. He would reach into his pack, and fish out two glass vials.

"Ruin here asked me to keep these for an emergency. I think these might look familiar to you?" he would say to the young girl, extending out his gauntleted hand with two healing potions in the palm. "He was wise enough to plan for such a situation. Sehanine ensured I was able to carry them here safely to you at this time. Here, drink these. It is the gods' will that you stay safe."  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:24 pm
To Ruin Vivian, would respond, without taking his hand. "I'm fine. I don't need anyone looking over me. I just needed some food that's all. Who thought this blasted city would already be picked clean." When he mentioned knowing the others her eyes would briefly flit over to Valac. "We've met from time to time, not always under the best circumstances."

To Kuori she would blurt out. "I have no idea where Tristan is right now and I don't care! I'm on my own now. I'm going to make my own way!"

When Revenge approaches Vivian she regards him warily. It seemed having this much attention paid to her was making her uncomfortable. When asked about the potions she would. "All too familiar unfortunately. They all have that same taste." Vivian would initially reach out to take the potions but then her hand would waver and drop back to her side. She would look away and state. "Thanks...but I'm fine. I can take care of myself."  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:09 pm
"Took care of yourself pretty damn well inside that bag. Would have taken care of yourself for the rest of your short life." Kuori hollers back with a chuckle to herself as she walked back towards the burned buildings. "Diedrich. Get your drunk a** out here."  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
Southern Cross Nemesis rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:57 pm
Ruin looked down at his sword hand,
Quote:
"I'm fine. I don't need anyone looking over me. I just needed some food that's all."
'There was a time I thought the same thing, and it only lead to the selling of my soul for a wee bit of power...' he thought.

Looking back to Vivan, with his hand still held out.
"Who said they were free? If you take them they will be a loan, to which you will work off by helping Irene around the camp. And helping us with any task we need help completing. In return, you will be given a bed, food and water... well a share of what Irene can prepare... and when we return to sunlight, your debt will be paid in full. Do you accept?"

Diplomacy: 16 (I need to make this as a class skill)  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:37 pm
Vivian would look up at Ruin. "Are you saying you want to hire me?" She would slowly stand up and finally take the tieflings hand. "In that case, I accept, though, I charge a gold a day, plus rations." Vivian would then lean to the side to look behind Ruin at Irene, who was currently half way inside the cut open Fomorian, giggling to herself. "Do I have to work with her though? She seems kind of strange..."

((Are you guys following Kuori? It will talk several minutes of crawling over the rubble to get back to Diedrich's position))  

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa rolled 2 20-sided dice: 18, 7 Total: 25 (2-40)

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:04 pm
"Well, suit yourself," Revenge would say to Vivian, closing his fingers around the vials.

"However, it's only fair to warn you, Miss Vivian. We have been attacked by a fair amount of beasts on our journey so far. Many of which keep trying to eat this guy," Revenge explained, nodding his head in Ruin's direction.

"I've been trying to drop a few hints to him, but he doesn't like what I have to say," he'd explain further, gesturing with his shield arm in a wafting motion, and making an exaggerated contortion of his face into one of disgust for a moment.

"If you're going to work for him, can you really afford to not have these on you as insurance? Worse case scenario, you don't need them and you can give them back when we part ways. Are you sure you won't reconsider? Last chance." He'd open his palm once more, and offer a kind smile to Vivian.

Quote:
Diplomacy +16 = 34. If you think it's more of a Bluff, reduce by 3.

Afterwards, Revenge would call out to the Goliath, "I'll catch up in a few minutes. I'm going to check the contents of that bag to see if there's any clues or leads for us to go on. Valac, want to help, or at least keep watch, in case anything interesting comes looking for this knucklehead we just brought down?"

During the course of a short rest, he'd poke around to see if he found anything useful in the debris. Everburning torch back out.

Quote:
Perception +8 = 15

[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games