Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Ravenclaw Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 161 162 163 164 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

phoenixfeather1007

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:51 pm
User Image
User Image
First Year - Ravenclaw - Halfblood

All the students, the noise and the ceremony was a bit much for the young witch. In fact, she had decided that she would be perfectly content going completely unnoticed for the rest of the night, if need be. Of course, no sooner had Melody made her decision than, and young girl proved to her that she had, in fact, been noticed.

Magdalena, she tried the name in her thoughts."Oh.", she exclaimed softly. "Hi, Magdalena. I'm Melody.", she tested her voice.

Melody was slightly taken aback, but nonetheless relieved to have something to take her mind off the nerves in the pit of her stomach. This whole thing was so, magnificent, it made her uneasy. And, though she knew she wasn't the best conversationalist, perhaps just the act of talking would help ease her mind, or at least, re-direct her attention. fake it 'till you make it, or something like that.

"I think I saw you too.", she began again, gaining confidence, bit by agonizing bit. "Nice to meet you!", she finished, finally taking the hand that was offered.

Pale Mist

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:02 pm
User Image
User Image
first year - ravenclaw
sister - to Chell

User Image User Image User Image User Image

User Image

╔══════════════════╗

Magda took Melody's hand in hers, shaking it well, dully noting that the girl had a strong hand - almost like her father's. "Likewise," she answered, smiling and moving even closer in the hopes of furthered conversation. The older students did not intimidate her but instead she found them boring - they all had their associations to which they drifted to and the conversation they offered to her ear was scrambled in this effect. Even though the young girl tended to enjoy the company of the elder over those younger or in her own age, this situation found her surprised in more ways than one.
"Surprised to get Ravenclaw?" she asked, trusting the generic as she attempted to find a stream of conversation that was not quite so dry and beaten.

╚══════════════════╝

User Image
phoenixfeather1007

Pale Mist

phoenixfeather1007

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:19 pm
User Image
User Image

Magdelena's question through her for a bit of a loop. Had she been surprised to get Ravenclaw? Truth be told, Melody hadn't thought much about which house she would be sorted into. Thinking about it, it would have been a safe assumption that wizarding children, children who had understood and believed in the existence of magic their entire lives, children who knew they would be attending Hogwarts, might agonize of which house they would be sorted into, but that hadn't been the case for Melody. Having only been recently introduced to the magical world, the whole thing was very knew to the already innately easily overwhelmed girl. Thankfully, her innate curiosity was greater than her natural shyness

"I don't know", she began truthfully, "I suppose not. I mean, I like reading, and mysteries, I've always been very.....analytical. So, Ravenclaw makes sense, doesn't it?" she finished, genuinely asking. She wondered how much more Magdelena understood about this world than she did.

"The sorting hat can't be wrong, can it?", she asked suddenly intrigued by the idea.

"How about you? Does Ravenclaw suit you?, she asked, hoping to find out more about the girl before her.

Pale Mist

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:38 pm
User Image
User Image
first year - ravenclaw
sister - to Chell

User Image

╔══════════════════╗

Magda nodded with no hesitation to answer the girl's question for clarification on her personality attributing to her Sorting. "Yes, it definitely makes sense. I hear that almost everyone in this House is a book worm. I like to read too, but not to a crazy extent."
The other question that Melody posed had Magda puzzled for a moment. She gave it some thought; could the Sorting hat be in anyway mistaken> It definitely takes enough time to make the right decision, and its only purpose - as far as Magda knew - was to place students in the Houses they belonged to. And to know what that meant.
"Nah, I don't think so. Powerful wizards and witches made it. I think they closest thing it can make to a mistake is making a student confused about their house. But I think that sooner or later they will realize why they do, indeed, belong where the hat put them." Magda shrugged and smiled.
"Oh yes, I mean, I was a bit surprised - I thought Slytherin would be bit of a better fit for me, but I can see how I fit in here too. It seems like the two Houses are actually quite similar. My mum had a bunch of friends from different houses then her and they had things in common. "

╚══════════════════╝

User Image
phoenixfeather1007

Pale Mist

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:41 pm
User Image
Keep holding on
'Cause you know we'll make it through, we'll make it through
Just stay strong
'Cause you know I'm here for you, I'm here for you

User Image

Rick came into the hall, looking frustrated. He'd spent the last however long looking for Lore, but still had not found the girl. He frowned. What had happened to her? Was it his luck again with friends? He shook his head, banishing that dark thought. No, it couldn't have happened like that. He sat down heavily, brooding. He looked over the table, nodding at the new faces he saw before staring at the table before him. Maybe it wasn't as bad as he was thinking?

----------------------------------
State: Concerned
OOC: ...
----------------------------------

There's nothing you could say
Nothing you could do
There's no other way when it comes to the truth
So keep holding on
'Cause you know we'll make it through, we'll make it through

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 3:26 pm
User Image
☾ ☆ ★ ☆ ☽Shayna Aileen Snow☾ ☆ ★ ☆ ☽

I knew you were trouble when you walked in,
So shame on me now,
Flew me to places I've never been,
Now I'm lying on the cold hard ground.

I am Twelve years old, a Second Year Ravenclaw student. I am a half-blood standing with David at the Ravenclaw table and wondering Does he have to leave now? I suppose so....

User Image

Shayna nodded and waved bye to David before turning and looking at her house table. She was wondering where she would start before noticing a male sitting at the table who looked slightly upset... She smiled slightly and sat across from him. "Is everything alright?" She asked the male. She was trying to be friendly and make more friends.

(O.o.C.)

User Image

I want to Scream and Shout,
And Dance the Night out.
And Scream and Shout,
And Go All Out

Diamond_Wales

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 4:01 pm
User ImageUser Image
You can't quit until you ҭгұ. You can't live until you ∂ιε.☭ 
You can't learn to tell theҭгยҭђ, until you learn to ℓιε.☭ 
-------------------------------------①. . . ②. . . ③. . . ☭

Gracie blinked at his suggestion and sighed. "That's no fun though...." She said quietly, blinking at Rufus. "Then I never get to see you or spend time with you!" She blinked at her own words before awkwardly shifting her gaze to the table. In his mind she knew he was thinking he'd be seeing her everyday in classes.... but that wasn't going to happen. At best she'd see him in Astronomy, and honestly she figured Dominic would try and steal all her attention whenever he could. She tapped her fingers against the table quietly, and glanced at Rufus with bright blue eyes, glad he hadn't noticed the change.... As she watched him, she wondered again why he smelt so strongly of wet dog. She doubted a scent from that morning could linger so long.

I know some things that you ∂øи'τ. I've done things that you ωøи'τ.☭ 
There's nothing like a trail of вℓøø∂to find your way back нøмε.☭ 
-------------------------------------③. . . ②. . . ①. . . ☭

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:32 am
User Image
User Image

Almost everyone in Ravenclaw a book worm? Melody smiled gently at the thought. How funny.

Melody nodded at Magdalena's explanation of the sorting hat and it's purpose. If powerful witches and wizards had made it for one purpose alone, it did seem pretty silly to wonder if it could actually perform that purpose. The history of the school still boggled her mind, so many witches and wizards had [assed through it's halls, all while the outside world, the non-magical world had no idea the place even existed.

Melody's thoughts were brought back to the discussion at hand. Slytherin

"Really?", Melody asked, curious. It seemed Magdelana knew quite a bit more about the ceremony than Melody had been able to scrounge together. "How are the similar?", she wondered aloud.

Melody wanted to ask about Magdalena's mother. And her time at Hogwarts, but she was more concerned about not revealing how different she was from the children who grew up in this world. She knew her own mother had gone to Hogwarts, but didn't know much else. She longed to find out.

Pale Mist

phoenixfeather1007

Sumimachine

Distinct Vampire

6,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:41 am
User Image

[First Year][Ravenclaw][Pureblood]

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Step to the farthest side of my dreams
Be careful of what you might see...

On my own, castaway
Trapped and caught in between...

Darkened skies, tidal waves
But I am
moving on...

███████ ███████ ███████ ███████ ███████ ███████ ███████ ███████

After the Sorting, Otto skipped through the Great Hallway, her footsteps light, her sneakers only making subtle crunch sounds as its soles rubbed against the graveled pavement as she made her way to the table. Her messy shock-white blonde hair bounced slightly with each skip, and she was whistling a tune from whatever was playing on her shuffled music player, Otto seemed to be on a world of her own, like an invisible bubble was wrapped around her and only she was the one who can see it. What was going through her mind right now, no one could really tell, but apparently she looks like she's having a good time, being out at this time of night with a handful of strange people, but still happy all the same.

As soon as she made it to her designated table, she stopped, tilting her head to the side, staring at the people sitting at the table with a look of mused interest, like any curious child would be. She couldn't hear much of the conversation going on what with her headphones playing music, but seeing an opening sitting spot at the middle of the table she hopped on to it, but she didn't exactly sit down right after. Still standing, she looked around her table and spoke in her soft yet audible voice.

"Hullo everyone, I'm Otto. I'm looking forward to getting to know my house family and all." And with that she sat, smiling placidly at her seatmates before getting distracted with the food in front of her. She didn't mind if nobody heard her, as long as she was polite and introduced herself as what her nanny said then everything would be alright. And with that she took a chocolate croissant on the table and began to nibble it, continuing humming the tunes playing on her headphones.

OOC:

████████████████████████

[MOOD: Cheery, distracted ]
[LOCATION: Ravenclaw Table ]
[COMPANY: Ravenclaws]
[Now Playing On Headphones: Sweet Disposition by Temper Trap (Swedish Mafia Remix) ]

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:18 pm
User ImageUser Image
James Machlachlan
Fourth Year Ravenclaw
Akira Machlachlan
Third Year Ravenclaw

James was the first to hear the new girl, or at least to realize that she had spoken. "Nice to meet you Otto, I'm James and this is my sister Akira," the third year smiled.

Akira sighed. "You know I can introduce myself," she muttered under her breath.

The Dark Closet Rebellion

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

Sumimachine

Distinct Vampire

6,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 4:28 pm
User Image

On my own, castaway

But I am
moving on...

The moment her name was mentioned Otto looked up and saw a much older student introducing herself as well as her sister, apparently hearing her soft address despite the conversation and activity at the table. She blinked a few times, as if suddenly realizing that people where actually talking to her, and slowly she put down her headphones to her neck (it was funny how she had such a Muggle contraption on her) and had a grin on her face, apparently excited with the interaction. "Hullo James, Akira. It's a pleasure being in the same house as you." she muttered, suddenly putting out her hand across the table for a handshake, the sleeves of her robes almost narrowly grazing the pudding. "How long have you been Ravenclaws? What's it like being a Ravenclaw? What's your favorite thing being a Ravenclaw? " The questions came in a flurry, and her innocent hazel eyes shined and glittered like sun discs, as she was eager for the new acquaintances to answer her queries.

OOC:

████████████████████████

[MOOD: Cheery, excited, still somewhat distracted ]
[COMPANY: Ravenclaws, talking to James and Akira Machlachlan]
[Now Playing On Headphones: Sweet Disposition by Temper Trap ]

Violet the Maestro

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 5:00 pm
User ImageUser Image
James Machlachlan
Fourth Year Ravenclaw
Akira Machlachlan
Third Year Ravenclaw

This girl sure had a lot of questions. No wonder she was sorted into Ravenclaw. Then there was whatever that Muggle thingy she had pulled out of her ears. "Well I'm a fourth year and Akira's a third year," James replied.

Akira glared at her sister before continuing on. "Really Ravenclaw's like one big family. All the houses are. We're just smarter really," the younger girl said, answering the second question. "Personally I like not being made fun of for liking to read and stuff,"

"Reading, really?" James teased. "I like, well, there's a lot I like. I'm sure you'll figure out what you like," she laughed.

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

Sumimachine

Distinct Vampire

6,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 5:21 pm
User Image

On my own, castaway

But I am
moving on...

"You've been here for four years, and you for three years... wow... that must've been wonderful..." Otto muttered, smiling dazedly, her eyes losing focus for a while as if getting in a daydream. However she returned from where her mind took her off with and looked at the two girls. "Do people make fun of you for reading? That is odd, because everyone reads." Otto muttered to Akira, her head slightly tilting to the side showing her absurdity and slight confusion for folks having a laugh about reading. She then turned to James and her smile was there once more. "I already have, and meeting you two are part of the list." She was grateful having to meet new friends, seeing as she didn't have much, or barely had any back in her Muggle school. Turning back to Akira she began her flurry of curious questions again. "So what's your favorite book? Genre? Author?"

OOC:

████████████████████████

[MOOD: Cheery, excited, still somewhat distracted ]
[COMPANY: Ravenclaws, talking to James and Akira Machlachlan]
[Now Playing On Headphones: Hooray by Delays ]

Violet the Maestro

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 5:41 pm
User ImageUser Image
James Machlachlan
Fourth Year Ravenclaw
Akira Machlachlan
Third Year Ravenclaw

The girls had to wonder if Otto was one of those students who was just being exposed to magic for the first time. Or maybe she looked at each day as though it were the first day of the rest of her life. Akira shook her head. "Well James does, but that's cause she's the more rambunctious one of us," she laughed. "Right now, I've been trying to push through Gilderoy Lockheart's works. More like garbage if you ask me. It's no wonder he ended up insane," she replied.

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

Pale Mist

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 6:31 pm
User Image
User Image
first year - ravenclaw
sister - to Chell

User Image

╔══════════════════╗

"Well, one of Slytherin's main things is being cunning or manipulative or strategic, right? And you need to be intelligent for that, just like a Ravenclaw. My mum also talked about how they are both ambitious - wanting to be the best." she visibly scoured her mind for any other similarities that came to her, "There are a bunch of things, really. But it also depends on the people, right. Hufflepuff and Gryffindor are a bit similar too, the idea of loyalty." Magda shrugged and leaned back a bit in her seat, glancing over to all the other tables, scanning the crowds attending them
"This whole House business is a bit weird, don't you think? But I guess it is interesting."

╚══════════════════╝

User Image
phoenixfeather1007

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 161 162 163 164 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games