Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:36 pm
@ Unicorn Tent:

There would be the continued sharpening of the katana for a few more seconds, and a swoop as she casually swung it through the air before her, behind the screen. "You're here to offer help? To me?" She would pause, and swing her legs over her bed. Chuckling a bit, it would soon turn into an outright laughter, quite inappropriate and downright menacing.

"I only have one use for the likes of you." Standing up, she would place her hand on the side of the shoji screen, and rather forcefully shove it out of her way. It would clatter to the ground, the paper getting torn in the process. Brandishing her katana, she would glare at the two of you, but focusing on the one who spoke, Kojiro. "And that's to sharpen my blade upon. Its all you holier-than-thou samurai are good for, anyways!" And she would begin a slow approach, light from the incense candles reflecting off of its steel.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:50 pm
@ Jiujutsu Duel:

Zanzen enters, looking concerned after Denbe and Grandpa Hida leaving. "I hope he'll be okay. Though, I must admit that facing either of them doesn't appeal to me." With that he'd turn to look at Susumu, frowning. "Your taunting isn't funny or effective."  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Sutiiven rolled 4 10-sided dice: 3, 7, 7, 9 Total: 26 (4-40)

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:45 am
@ Unicorn Tent:

"You must excuse Kojiro-san. I believe what he meant to say is that he would like to offer any assistance should you be interested. You are clearly a strong and competent warrior, and you are well within your right to decline his offer. However, should you ever need an extra body for a task, he is more than willing to lend a hand."

The courtier went to work attempting to recover what little opportunity they had to get out of this without violence. Kojiro had really spilled the sake on this one, but hopefully there was time to regain composure without resorting to a good old fashioned hacky-slashy-maim-a-thon.

"Now please, lower your weapon. We have no intention to fight you, and I feel that our gracious hosts would be displeased were you to kill us under their watch."

(Etiquette [Sincerity] Check vs Sayoko's Rolling Boil, 4k3)  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:13 am
@Unicorn Tent

Kojiro would watch Sayako intently, ready to interpose himself between the courtier and the bushi if that should be necessary.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:41 pm
@ Unicorn Tent:

Hisashi's Sincerity check was enough to stall Sayoko for a round.

"Hahahaha! There's only one task for worthless, conniving samurai like him! And that's job security for the Eta! Now, you came to ME, in MY tent. I'm not asking for a fight either." She would suddenly reach forward, grabbing Hisashi by the collar of his kimono. "Slaughter is its own reward. You'll both get yours; wait your turn, little man."

With a shove, she would force distance between her and Hisashi, turning to face what she considered the more immediate threat: Bayushi Kojiro.

"Sayoko-sama, please. Be mindful of the rugs. My lord will be displeased with me if they are soaked with blood," Gemmei said rather calmly, betraying the intensity of the current situation.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:53 pm
@Unicorn Tent

Kojiro did not like where this was going. "I didn't come here to insult you, Sayako-san, I didn't come here to fight you, and I certainly didn't come here to die to you. I had hoped that you may be able to let go of some of your futile anger. I know you are a Samurai just like we are. There is more to our path than just fighting. Come join us on it!"  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Plainsfox rolled 4 10-sided dice: 4, 6, 9, 1 Total: 20 (4-40)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:55 pm
Etiquette/Awareness roll. Explosions taken from unused dice first.
Results: 19  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:02 pm
@ Jiujutsu Duel:

"It's not meant to be effective. Its meant to tell you that I'm gonna be burying my fist in yer pretty-boy face!" Tossing his gourd to Hisashi, he would wipe his mouth eagerly, ready to rumble already.

"The Scorpion waz just the appetizer. You'l make a fine main course." {Initiative of 10}  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Sutiiven rolled 5 10-sided dice: 3, 1, 4, 2, 5 Total: 15 (5-50)

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:16 pm
@ Unicorn Tent:

Hisahsi would brush himself off after being shoved by Sayoko.

"Very well. Slaughter away. I'm sure the magistrate will be absolutely thrilled to see some second rate samurai with a temper problem gutted a pair of visiting clan members. Perhaps it will be all the more enjoyable to you when the guards come down on you like a swarm of locusts. Or perhaps you would like your head delivered on a platter by out fellow clan mates when they find out you've murdered us in cold blood. Yes, Susumu will quite enjoy beating you within an inch of your life and watching you beg for mercy like the pathetic wench you are."

Hisashi looked down his nose at the woman, appearing disgusted. His mantis was coming out in full stride, and he was pissed.

"Now, I won't tell you again, Sayoko. Lower. Your. Sword."

He wasn't shouting, but his voice was filled with a quiet anger. It was quite clear how he felt, and he had no intention of spoiling it by shouting about like an animal.

(Deciet [Intimidate] check vs Sayoko - 5k3+2)  
Agent Sinistra rolled 5 10-sided dice: 2, 9, 2, 6, 10 Total: 29 (5-50)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:35 pm
@ Lioness Shenanigans:
Rain Yupa
Kyumi can see that Kenichi is bothered by what had happened during the Lore competition. But not so much that it happened to him, but how it might have impacted Kyumi. That's all she gets from her roll without any raises.

There was an odd reaction in Kenichi's face upon Kyumi's question. It was entirely possible that he wanted to talk to Kyumi alone, and not having Toyoko here was definitely a boon. But it was more of a bittersweet victory, as he was about to explain.

"Oh, ah... my clanmate showed up. Koan-san won the Poetry Competition, and he was here waiting for Toyoko before I even got out here. He had bartered with the Seppun magistrate to share the banquet with her, and he left with her almost immediately after she left the room. Whether she was telling Makoto-san or myself, she did say aloud, 'Sorry Kyumi' as she rushed to Koan-san's side."

There would be an awkward pause for a few moments, before he would speak up once more. "K-kyumi-san... would you like to.... ah... damn, I'm no good at this..." he started to ask her, clearly unsure of himself.

Kyumi would hesitate for a moment before speaking up in an attempt to cover up the awkward pause. "Kenichi-san..." She would tentatively start. "Would you accompany me back to my tent? We..." As the Lioness spoke, it likely sounded a little like she hadn't entirely thought the suggestion through before hand, but still couldn't stop the words from flowing from her mouth. "We could have some snacks, and maybe... You could tell me how the tournament has been for you! Or if you don't feel like talking... You could ask me something! I... I know that Matsu-san and Kan-san are still in the competition, right now... So... So we'd have some privacy as well!"

((Rolling Etiquette/Awareness (5k3) in an attempt to keep Kyumi from sounding like a complete idiot looking too eager and to keep from stepping on Kenichi's "toes", so to speak. roll = 27 ))  

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:50 pm
@ Lioness Shenanigans:

Asahina Kenichi would swallow a bit hard, as, for the first time, he would actually meet Kyumi's gaze and hold it there. He would not smile, but work hard at keeping a calm demeanor. "I... I think I would... like that very much, Kyumi-san..."

"Kenichi-kun!" a voice would call from the building just behind the two young samurai, and stepping out into the night, Soshi Maru would turn to face the two of them. "Kenichi-kun, I'm sooo glad you waited around for me. Just like I wanted you to!" Rushing forward, Maru would wrap her arms around the young Crane, the flushing of his face bright enough to light the night.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:59 pm
@ Unicorn Tent:

Bayushi Kojiro's Etiquette buys him another round.

"You came before me with sympathy?!" she would suddenly bellow out, her eyes seething with fury. "With pity?! Remorse?! Was there any of those when your kind did this to me?!" she would yell, pointing at her ruined eye with her left hand. "No man is my master, and no man tells me what to do. Not you, and not you!" She would whirl around, swinging her katana around, pointing the tip of the blade about a foot in front of Hisashi's face.

"If neither of you want to die, then piss off and run away like the cowards you are. If the next words out of your mouths aren't you begging for my mercy or swearing fealty to my cause, then you'll choke to death on your own blood!"  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox rolled 4 10-sided dice: 5, 10, 8, 6 Total: 29 (4-40)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:26 pm
@Unicorn Tent

Kojiro sighed "So, Sayoko-sama, what is this cause of yours? If it is one I can aid, I will. If I cannot, then I will leave this tent in peace."

OOC Awareness/Etiquette First explodie drawn from unkept die, blah blah.
Results: 29  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 5 10-sided dice: 4, 8, 7, 9, 5 Total: 33 (5-50)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:04 am
@ Jiujutsu Duel:

"You'd not be the first today. Too bad you're so bad that you actually get better when drunk." He shifted down into a stance, trying to think of how best to handle this guy.

5k4 init

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Raganui Minamoto rolled 3 10-sided dice: 5, 2, 1 Total: 8 (3-30)

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:07 am
@ Jiujutsu Duel:

As soon as Kuni Raicho would give the signal, he'd be off, dashing in low in an attempt to deliver a blow to the drunkard's gut. All that booze swashing around in there would make it a bad place to get hit.

3k3  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games