Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hogsmeade
Hogsmeade Station Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 333 334 335 336 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Skuld HJG

8,575 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:55 pm
Jessica Sassareth

Unsorted
User Image(Not sure if I go ahead and start posting here, so here it goes. And first years go to the boat landing, right?)

Slowly at first, Jessica began to make her way from the Hogswarts Express toward the boat landing carrying baggage across her back and dragging suitcases behind her on a cart. The pale redhead was wheezing heavily from the effort. The morticaine flowing in her veins primarily affecting her lungs, making Jessica constantly out of breath and fighting off pneumonia. After a few short minutes, Jessica's cheeks were flushed red. The pureblood girl stopped a moment and sat on one the suitcase that she had been carrying in her hand.

Her grey owl hooted at her perched inside the metal cage resting on the top of the stack of cases and boxes on the cart. Slowly, Jess turned her head at her owl, and her voice came out a hoarse whisper, "I know, Bubo, I know. I can't.... I have to... keep going or I'll miss the ... boat."

Turning her gaze back around, the redheaded girl didn't see anyone closeby, so she began to stand back up a little wobbly -- trying to make her way to the boat landing following the signs indicating it's location.

[Exit Jessica Sassareth to The Boathouse]  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:16 pm
User Image

User Image
"Nice to meet you Lennox. I am doing quite well today," Aster replied, uparted lips pulling upwards
to give a small smile. The boy had hide all his hurt emotions about her lack of name knowledge, that she hadn't a clue of the delivery of such a wound. No, not a clue at all. Now, what she did notice was the odd displacement of temperature in his hand. Though his palm was warm, his slender fingers were as icy cold as her own. Her mind faintly recalled someone from long ago who had that same touch. But whom? She didn't quite remeber right then.

Any future conversation between the two died away naturally, it seemed. The Ravenclaw turned her attention onto her fellow third year, Aravis. The two held a short dialogue on hair, to which Aster simply nodded her head at the brunette's explanation of her hair growth. Everyone seemed to be changing their appearance, er, everyone but her that was. "Well, I think it's a lovely change." She admitted, smiling kindly at her.

At her polite compliment, Aster's lips pulled into a faint, toothless smile. The same smile she had given the Hufflepuff, several moments ago. "Thank you." She replied, patting the ribbon on top of her grey head. "To tell you the truth, it's a bit of a bother to tie because its size." She added, letting out a soft, nervous chuckle elicited from seemingly nowhere.

Such vain talk about beauty was kind of turning her off for the moment, turning her attention to brighter, happier things, she asked casually. "So, did you get permission for the week-end trips to Hogsmeade?" A light could be seen in Aster's eyes, making its customary lavender shade look even fainter at the mere mention of the wizarding village. She had read up about that place a couple weeks ago at Flourish and Blotts whilst Renard was in line to pay for her materials.

It was interesting place, to say the least, in her opinion. 'Probably like a smaller version of Diagon Alley, if I imanged it right.' She mused. Stepping out of the haze of her thoughts, she asked both Aravis and Lennox. "Do either of you know what Hogsmeade village is like?" A wistful note could be heard in the girl's voice. Mentally, she frowned upon registering it. Such a longing tone wasn't something she wanted to blazon...

User Image

MademoiselleHarmonie

6,250 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200

MademoiselleHarmonie

6,250 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:28 am

User Image
User Image
"I dae loch th' change, Lucy-sweit. In fact, if Ah ever want tae water balloon ye, yer blonde heed will be much easier tae spot." Preston replied in an airy, lighthearted tone. He was half-joking, half-considering the bantering comment after it gracefully stumbled out of his mouth. His slender, calloused hand flitted up to his chin to stroke it in a thoughtful gesture—an extra, theatrical effect coupled to his former comment. Teasing words always formed and then spilled out of him naturally. It came extremely easy when the targets were Lucy, his mate or Nathaniel, his easily flustered brother.

After dropping his hand back down, and then flashing the girl a playful grin, the brunette went to answer her questions. "Ah, mah summer has bin buzee. I've took extra hoors at th' restaurant. Th' only productife hin' Ah did was graw a ponytail." A small, breathy chuckle escaped his ale lips after he spoke. He turned his head to the side, so that the blonde's pale eyes could catch the low ponytail at the base of his neck."Sea?" He asked. Preston turned his head back to its former place, and then leaned his head to rest upon the carriage's wall. No longer able to hold it back any longer, he inquired in a slightly lyrical manner. "So, wa th' studioos studies?" The question had been on his tongue ever since she mentioned O.W.L.s. He managed to keep his words polite, but he found her Summer study secession slightly...un-Lucy. There was some prime motive to her actions, one he hadn't a clue of.

User Image
F i f t h ||| Y e a r
User Image
[[ Accent Translation: 1. "I do like the change, Lucy-sweet. In fact, if I ever want to water balloon you, your blonde head will be much easier to spot." 2. "Ah, my Summer has been busy. I've took extra hours at the restaurant. The only productive thing I did was grow a ponytail." 3. "See?"
4. "So, why the studious studies?"
]]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:39 am
User Image

┏━━━━ ━━━━┓

The minutes traveled by silently, only disturbed by the pages being flicked. Adele, utterly strenuous, was captivated by the book, therefore unaware of the movements outside her own 'bubble'. The universe of words seemed so fascinating! Where did the greatest writers, such as Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, author of the miraculous series of 'Sherlock Holmes', or Margaret Mitchell, talented writer of the historical novel 'Gone With The Wind', get such inspiration? These novels were successful... Adele sincerely hoped that, one day, she would come across such genius and write her very own book. But it seemed such a doltish thought now. She was only thirteen, for Goodness sake! Who would bother reading adventures written by her hand, taken out from her mind? Of course, she already began to construct a couple of short stories, but it seemed so...so...perhaps, reckless? No, no, that mustn't be the word! Imbecilic! That's it! Imbecilic. After all, it was such a silly thought! It was just a girl's distand, foolish dream. So why bother?

A familiar voice caused Adele to jump up in fright. She dropped her book onto her lap and brought a hand to her throat, letting out a sigh of relief as her eyes flicked to Alexandria, then Blake. Oh, stop it! Mentally slapping her cheek, Adele favored the both of them a tranquil, polite smile, masking all her joy behind it. It felt so nice to meet some classmates after a long summer! Although entertaining, the Ravenclaw's vacation seemed...dull. Seeing Jean-Baptiste cheered her up somehow, but not completely. There was always a part missing. But who could blame her? She had spent all her summers in France, for the past thirteen years now. Truly tiring. Tugging a golden curl behind her ear, Adele felt her cheeks fire up as Blake said that it was nice to see her. She nodded to him and smiled back, "It's nice to see you, too," she felt blood boil in her cheeks as she mumbled those words. Clearing her throat, the blonde shifted in her seat and let out a small squeak as the carriage began to move across the pebbles of the path. Pink spots colored up her cheeks again as she realized how silly she was acting. It was just the coach, you stupid girl! A little sigh escaped her lips as she casted a sidway glance, avoiding the twins' blue eyes. After a couple of silent minutes, Adele let her eyes direct back to the blonde pair, "How was your summer?" she asked curiously with an intrigued smile. The poor twins have lost their brother the past year... It must be odd to spend a summer without a loved one. But hopefully that loss didn't alter their lives with gigantic steps.

┗━━━━ ━━━━┛

User Image

User Image

hocusss

Tipsy Tycoon

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150

Sirius Hot-Pink

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:07 pm
User Image

Shadow Fyre
"That's the spirit---one part brave, three parts fool."

║▌│█│║▌║││█ ▌█ ▌█ ▌ ║▌│█│║

Shadow Fyre walked off the train and toward where all the other first years had gathered. He didn't talk to them, because he honestly didn't feel like it. His nerves would have made him seem foolish and he was never as excited as he was right then. The boy followed everyone to the boats.

║▌│█│║▌║││█ ▌█ ▌█ ▌ ║▌│█│║

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:33 pm
User Image
User Image

A Charming Lionness

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Aravis could completely understand about the ribbon, as her adoptive mother had gotten her one a long time ago that both had completely forgotten about simply because they did not feel like fighting with the bothersome thing.

The Gryffindor smilled as Aster moved onto something that wasn't of beauty. Sure, Aravis was a girl and liked to make sure she looked good, but she believed in more important things than beauty. Things like adventuring and exploring, not to mention actually having a personality. "Of course!" she exclaimed in regards to Hogsmeade. She honestly couldn't wait. Her father had told her stories of the adventures he used to have there with his friends.

"My dad used to tell me about the Shreiking Shack, but he always said that I should stay away from there. I think it's kinda like Diagon Alley there though," Aravis replied. She had always been curious to see what it was like there and had begged her foster parents to let her go, not that she really had to. They would've said yes anyways.

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

User Image

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

Calais Reed

Dangerous Bibliophile

10,300 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:04 pm
The third Alice was a young girl, a beautiful figure in Wonderland.

Deceiving countless people, she created a strange country.

That Alice was the country's queen,
Possessed by a warped dream.

Fearing her decaying body,
she ruled from the summit of the country.

User Image
Cosette Aurelie Prewitt

Fifth Year Slytherin

Cosette smiled at the information about Daisy. "I'm glad," she said honestly, "I remember her as being a polite child, a very sweet girl." She bowed her head politely when introduced to the snake. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Istral," she greeted. Glancing up at Charon, she asked with raised brow, "I suppose it would be silly to ask if you could pass along my greetings to Etheris and Maestro?" She paused for a moment, backtracking. Etheris was with Maestro? "Ah, that's kind of you, letting them keep each other company, so they aren't lonely without you."

Cosette turned, a polite smile on her face, when she heard another voice calling her name. "Hello," she said as she desperately tried to figure out who this was. "Yes, I'm back." It was a girl with black hair and green eyes, younger than her... "...Rose Prince?" she asked cautiously, noticing the resemblance to her year-mate. "Is that you? What year are you in now, the last time I saw you, you were--what, eight?"

Cosette followed Dante as he lead the way to the carriages, noting with confusion that he was still holding hands with the older Ravenclaw. What could this possibly be about? Dante appeared to be holding onto Xenos as though the latter was the only thing anchoring him to the world. Cosette continued to puzzle over this for a while...until she saw something that immediately threw all wonderings from her mind: the thestrals.

It was easy to tell that she had seen them. All of a sudden, she had frozen, all the color bleached out of her face, her eyes widening to the size of saucers. She looked like she was about to either faint or throw up. Memories racing through her mind, overwhelming her, her grip loosened on her doll and she almost dropped it as she swayed in place. For a moment, all she could hear were shouted curses and voices screaming, all she could see were flashes of light and bodies falling...

((Before anyone rebukes me, let it be known that Aku gave me permission to at least have there been a civil war in Egypt.))

The weight of the world, this burden on your shoulders

Demons of the past, will they ever disappear?

Memories of withered dreams, illusions torn and gone
Remaining scars no one can see?

User ImageUser Image  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:36 pm
Sebastion Craigus

Sebastion gets off the train and jogs over to the groundskeeper. "I'm not to late, am I?" He stands and looks over the lake. All of the first years in boats heading towards the school. Sebastion looks back at the groundskeeper, "Oh, by the way, I'm Sebastion Craigus."

(sorry no picture at the moment or format.)  

CyberTwigg

7,950 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

XxMinnie_HeartbreakerxX

Profitable Prophet

4,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:17 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Marcy Delain

Marcy jumps off the train and hurrys to cetch up with the other students. "Sorry I am late." Marcy says as she runs up to the groundskeeper. "I'm Marcy Delain, it is a pleasure to be here." She looks over the lake and then at the school with a smile on her face.

(Sorry for no format)  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:15 pm
User ImageUser Image

Kaera climbed into the carriage behind her cousin and Tyler, feeling a sudden relief as they sat inside away from the crowds of students on the platform. She smiled as the conversation turned towards quidditch, another sense of relief passing over her at not having to sit through a carriage ride of being reminded that the boy she cared for had left without saying anything to her. She laughed at Tyler's remark, actually enjoying the direction the conversation had taken. "You know I can't promise that. Besides, no hard feelings if I do, right? We leave everything on the pitch." She winked, playfully giving the boy a shove and curling up next to her cousin as they waited for the carriage to move towards the castle. She wondered how well her team would fair this year. They had done exceptionally in the past, though the previous year held little in the way of actual games due to insufficient amounts of players on several of the house teams. She hoped this year would be different and some house competition would heat things up. If anything, she needed to get out some pent up aggression and beating a bludger would do just the trick.

User Image

User Image

Rechosia

tinymini7

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:14 pm
As the trip goes by, Ardon couldn't help but wonders about his future. What does it mean for him now? In this world of technologies and science, magic. Even now he still think he's dreaming. Even now his mind is still telling him that this is all a dream and that he should wake up, wake up before that beast come again. Ardon raised his hand to his cheek and pinched as hard as he can. The pain shot through his face, and he smiled. 'It's true.' Stepping off of the train and followed the other, Ardon couldn't help himself but felt ... happy. 'It's true, it's true.' He's like a kid who was told what Christmas is and who Santa is and learn that it's true on Christmas day.

Exit  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:13 pm
~*CHRIS HALLOWELL*~
--First Year: Unsorted--

::Little spider looking in::

Chris Hallowell stared up at the massive building amazed at how grand it looked, 'So I'll be staying here? Fun...'
He then got distracted by a lone ant crawling on the road and smiled at it until he realized everyone was already being sorted and hurried inside as he hoped against hope he wasn't too late.

::How you look with a grin::

(Quick post here...*exits to sorting hat* )  

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Unknown Apothecary

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:26 am
User Image
User Image

User Image

Listening all too atentively, Lennox shifted from his position slighty. Sitting like he was being shoved to the corner wasn't the most comfortable ride. As the Hufflepuff made himself more cozy, the carriage began to move, heading towards the direction of Hogwarts. The sudden jolt surprised the boy slightly, gripping ever tighter to the book he was holding.

When he became accustomed to the slight bumps on the pavement colliding with the wheels, Lennox began to pay attention to the two girls once more.

Hogsmeade? Looking around, the Hufflepuff realized that they were no longer in the place they were talking about. Thinking about it more clearly, Lennox realized that he's never really seen any other part of the village besides the stations itself. The thought donned on him. An entire wizarding village, so close yet so far away. Guessing from the forms the two were talking about, then it must mean that it took special permission to gain access to Hogsmeade. It turned him down to a certain slump.

Lennox was utterly fascinated with things that related to 'his' kind. The fact that they can blend in perfectly with the rest of the muggle society was just marvelous. What if some people he knew were magical folk as well? Of course, he couldn't just go blurting out to someone, 'Are you a wizard?' Those words alone would probably get Lennox in some wizarding jail of some sorts. Probably enchanted, filled with dragons and dangerous contraptions. Sort of like Gringotts.

Reverting back to Aster's question, if it was ever directed at him at all, "No, I haven't sorry." Lennox was still unsure if he should add that fact that he was muggleborn; reason for his ignorance. It'd best if he didn't dwell on whether or not he had magical blood in him. How is it that a muggle born such as himself would acquire magical abilities? Lennox was quite sure that he would be the most unmagical being as it would come. It was rather too late however and merely payed attention to Aravis's brief explanation of Hogsmeade.

Diagon Alley was the first magical place he's ever seen and hearing from Aravis that it was similar to Hogsmeade sent his stomach into small flutters. What sorts of shops would be there he wondered. Hearing all of this though only made him impatient. There was still a year to go before he could ever set foot in that village. While Aravis's information was limited, it fed Lennox's curiousity. Unable to contain himself, Lennox managed to get out, "What's wrong with the Shrieking Shack?" The boy already had some type of hunch as to why, but he had to make sure. His hunches weren't quite the best thing to relly on.

User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:06 pm
User Image

User Image
"That's good..." Aster commented calmly to Aravis as the carriage began to move slowly. Instead of smiling at the girl's joy, she flushed a faint shade of pink in slight envy. Her own permission slip had not been signed, nor had it been sent over with a yes like she had hoped for. Last time she questioned her father about it, he had glared whilst waving his hand dismissively for her to leave the room. She of course did...

Lennox came out of his mind haze, to answer her question on how Hogsmeade was. The girl couldn't help but to feel a slight sense of relief that he was now getting involved in their conversation.

"I haven't either...that's why I asked," She replied, flicking a loose strand of grey hair out her field of vision. "Because I'm a muggle-born, I don't regularly visit many magical places." Aster admitted. "Well, except Hogwarts, the stations, and Diagon Alley of course..." She added in a thoughtful after note. Those counted as regular in a sense, no? Seeing as though she visited them on an annual schedule...

Turning attention to Aravis, the young Ravenclaw couldn't help but to have that surprised expression flit onto her face once the Diagon Alley-Hogsmeade comparison was made. "That's how I surmised it to be..." She exclaimed, muting an upcoming laugh into her gloved hands.

Joining in with the second year's question, she politely added in. "Yes, what is wrong with that place...?" She was too entralled by their conversation to notice that their carriage had stopped at the Courtyard...

User Image
OOC: Hope I got the moments' timing correct... redface

MademoiselleHarmonie

6,250 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:21 pm
User Image
User Image

A Charming Lionness

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

"My dad always used to tell me that werewolves go there when they transform. It's been called the most haunted building in the country," Aravis replied calmly. She didn't want to scare them about it. "Course it's got a caretaker now."

Aravis felt that she was actually enjoying herself with the people she sat in the carriage with. They all at least shared some interest in going to Hogsmeade, which none of them had ever really been to.

Looking around, Aravis noticed that the carriage had stopped in the Courtyard. "Perhaps we should be getting out now?" she asked, trying not to sound as though she wanted to get away from Lennox and Aster, since she really had no desire to. "Hopefully we'll get a chance to talk during the year," she said as she just looked at the Courtyard.

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

User Image

Hogsmeade

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 333 334 335 336 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games