Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 4e] Unity
L5R - Unity - Chapter 1 - Winter Solstice Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Plainsfox rolled 8 10-sided dice: 1, 3, 8, 2, 10, 10, 7, 2 Total: 43 (8-80)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:38 pm
The Kraken samurai sat down and took a deep breath as he grasped with the flood of memories and emotions. He wanted the sorcerer dead, of course. He would have to check with the Crane to see if he could observe this first hand. After that, Naohiko would have to make things right with Ruri. That might not be easy, but it could turn into an opportunity.

However, Naohiko thought that while Kaichiyo was being entertained by Kioko, he would disobey her slightly. It could very well be that Usagi Ichi was hunting after the sorcerer and was attempting to warn them on that first day. He would try to smooth things over with the pretty little Hare.

Naohiko took out another bright red sheet of origami paper and made a mental note to restock his supplies as soon as he could. A memory of the real Shi had come to mind as he went about folding the sheet of paper into a bushi. The Kraken recalled that Shi's reward for him whenever he mastered a set of difficult words was another design he could fold his paper into. Finally, the paper became a miniature man and Naohiko drew a bunny's face on it.

With that done, Naohiko put the bunnybushi into his obi and left his room. He was unsure of where the Hare courtier was or where he could find her, but that didn't matter so much. Chasing after the Hare would put some of the emotions out of his mind for a bit.

OOC:
Artisan/Origami 5k3 w/ 3 dice to handle explosions
Raises called: 2 for quality
Results:38  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:25 pm
@ Gendo:

You too, would be lost in memory upon reading the document about Shi...

--------------------

Quote:
"He's so... energetic," the tall man would say to Hikari, watching the young toddler running around tirelessly.

"That's my fault," she would reply, smiling briefly before her mouth would be hidden by her teacup.

"How do you figure?" the man would ask the former Dragon.

"Well, not that I remember, per se, but from what I was told, I was a little hellion when I was his age. Father's visited once since he was born and commented about horrible flashbacks."

"'Once'?" he'd ask, raising an eyebrow.

"Well... my parents aren't too keen on my decisions. Leaving the dojo? Leaving the Empire? Throwing my lot in with Haruka's minor clan scheme?"

"I can see why that might not make you quite as popular with your former Clan. Wasn't Himura Dragon once too?"

"Kitsuki, not Mirumoto like me. But yes. I'm actually rather curious how he'll turn out, with such different circumstances than I had." The tall man would suddenly dodge and block a wayward toy with a quick backhanded punch, causing the young toddler to laugh hysterically. "Hey, nice reflexes, old man. They teach you that at the temple?"

"Yes, something like that. Osano-Wo's teachings do require us to be able to defend ourselves in combat. They were the only temple that would take me, when... well... it doesn't matter- A similar reflexive reaction would defend the tall man from another thrown toy.

"Hey, stop it, you little brat!" Hikari would scold her child.

"It's fine, no harm done," the tall man would say, waving off the incident dismissively. "If he got this from you, I worry about what bad habits he's picked up from his father."

"Come here," Hikari would say to the toddler with a hint of strictness in her voice, beckoning him to her side. "And no, Noboru's hardly ever home. Besides, the only thing he got from him are his eyes. Admittingly, it was Noboru's eyes that made me fall in love with a ronin of such ill repute, so I bet this one's going to be a lady killer when he's of age."

The tall man would scooch over the edge of the table and lean forward, smiling. "Hello, my name is Shi. What is your name, young man?"

Answering for him, Hikari would respond, "He is called-

Quote:
Gendo would wince audibly as Shi applied the bandage to the young man's eye. "Your mother's going to be livid, Gendo" Shi would say, frowning. "How could you be so reckless?"

"But... Shi-san... there was this sugar glider..." the young man Gendo had been dueling with started to say awkwardly. A stern look from the monk would quickly quiet the boy. "G-g-gomen..." he would respond, bowing respectfully and backing away, before hurrying off, leaving Gendo and Shi alone.

Some time would pass without either saying anything to the other, with Shi keeping pressure on the bandage applied to the wound. Then the monk would sigh. "Look... I'm not your father. I was out of line," Shi would say. "I've known you for almost your entire life, and Noboru... well... it's complicated. But your mother and I are friends, and you are her only child. If she were to lose you Gendo, it would break her heart."

The pain was overwhelming, and Gendo had trouble even thinking of what to say, let along managing to say anything coherent.

"You've only just recently completed your gempukku. This really shouldn't have been your first notable achievement. I don't care that it was just for practice or whatever reason you two had for doing this; if you're going to be using three foot razor blades, do so under supervision. If I hadn't been walking by, this could have been fatal purely because you bled out. You might not have noticed, but your dueling partner wasn't very useful, and was on the verge of hysterics."

Shi would pull the bandage away, a wet sound accompanied by great discomfort would echo from Gendo's blind spot, but a fresh bandage would quickly replace the previous one. "Look, Gendo... I know I don't like to talk about my past, but I was a bushi once. And I'm no stranger to... accidents. But I survived and moved on. You will too. This is going to be a rough road you'll have to walk in the near future, but you will recover, and you will adapt. You have friends here at Megumi Tempi, and they will be there for you. All of us will be here for you, to help you get back on your feet. You'll find that, in the end, the people who care about you most will always be there for you, as long as you are there for them. Now hold on, this is going to be unpleasant..."

Quote:
Gendo would bring a hand up to his eyepatch, tracing his fingers along the cloth lightly. Naohiko was off doing kami-knows-what - though if there were any female sailors on board this vessel, Gendo would have a good guess - so it was just himself, Shi, and Kaichiyo below decks. Gendo sat quietly, just letting the rock of the ship lull him into a state of calm.

Kaichiyo would be singing - she was always doing that, it seems. Her voice was very harmonic, and it carried like magic. One Mantis that was working on the vessel had asked Gendo if Kaichiyo was actually a siren, trying to lure the sailors to their deaths. Gendo did not know what a siren was, so he had responded that she probably wasn't.

But Shi... something was different with the old man. Maybe it was because Shi sat so far away from the Kraken, but Gendo couldn't get a clear look at the man. Even at his worst, Gendo hadn't really ever seen Shi angry, per se. But if he didn't know any better, it looked like the monk was barely able to contain rage now, and was using his full willpower to keep himself in check.

But maybe Gendo was tired, or his eye was playing tricks on him. Such a state would not befit Shi, and Gendo had known him his entire life. Surely, that was not the case. Gendo glanced over again... though, in hindsight, in this memory, there was something else that didn't seem to fit the monk. Like, something wrong with his face, almost like it wasn't his face, like he was almost wearing some sort of mask that this hollow darkness that should have been his own eyes peered through...

Gendo would rub his good eye with his hand, and avert his gaze. No, the hour was growing late, and he could feel sleep coming for him soon. Kaichiyo's soothing voice would relax the young man further, and he closed his eye and relaxed. Surely, what he saw was a trick of the light or perhaps some creeping dreamstate. There's no way Shi would be so... off. If nothing else, someone else would have surely noticed and said something.

--------------------

Gendo would snap to with a flurry of Setsuna kisses - to the lips, no less. Is this... what Naohiko had seen?

--------------------

@ Naohiko:

When you opened the door to your room, you would startle a man who stood on the other side. A samurai, though in the attire of a minor clan, like yourself. He looked like he was about to speak to enter when you suddenly went to exit, catching him off guard.

"Oh, Himura-san. My apologies," the man would say politely. He had one of those faces that looked naturally angry, complete with an angry brow and a fairly intimidating physique, though his voice didn't seem to match the face. "I was just coming to speak with one of your clan. My name is Morito Denbe." He would bow his head slightly in a respectful greeting.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:04 pm
Naohiko would return the bow to the Ox clan samurai. This put a wrinkle in his day. There was very little the Kraken samurai knew about the Ox clan. They lived along the border between the Phoenix clan and the northern tribes, he thought. No real connections. This could be interesting....or something to throw to Gendo. Naohiko thought." I am Himura Naohiko." The Kraken responded after a second longer to conceal his surprise at the situation.. "What can we do for you, Morito-san?"  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:21 am
@ Naohiko:

Denbe's face would lighten slightly (very, very slightly). "Well... I suppose the phrase 'proper introductions' would best suit my intent. While I agree completely that introductions should have been made first to the Crane, being our hosts and all, I was surprised this many days have passed without any of you trying to meet your fellow minor clansmen delegates."

Though he would begin to smirk, he would apparently catch himself and hide it. "Though it sounded like your clan has had several encounters already, informal as they may have been. I'd like to meet with you to help build a formal relationship between you and the other minor clans here at the winter court of Kyuden Doji. Would you and yours mind joining me for tea?"  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox rolled 0-sided dice: Total: 0 (-0)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:06 pm
Naohiko would let out a deep sigh and dip his head in a more formal bow. "I apologize for that oversight and I agree with you that it is high time we correct it. I would love to join you for tea. If you will give me a second, I will extend the invitation to Himura Gendo-san. Unfortunately, Himura Kaichiyo-hime is indisposed today...I assume you intend on taking tea with us today?" if the answer is yes, Naohiko would nod and ask "If you will excuse me, I will inform Himura Gendo-san." Naohiko would then, if allowed, knock on Gendo's door and peak in. "Gendo-san, Morito Denbe-san wishes to invite us to tea. Do you wish to join? "  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:01 pm
Gendo would look over at Naohiko, having just finished packing things back together to hide the letter. "Hmm? Tea? I don't see why not. When and where?" As he spoke, he set his smithing hammer down on a desk.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:13 pm
@ Gendo, Naohiko:

"Of course," Denbe would say, then add "I don't see why not," when Naohiko would ask about if tea was intended that very day.

After Naohiko would go down a couple doors to address Gendo, Denbe would then speak to Naohiko, though in volume high enough for Gendo to overhear. "I'm prepared to serve tea immediately, if you would have my company. I've been told that the event for today has been cancelled, so that has freed my schedule up."  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:55 pm
"Lead on then." Naohiko said as he opened the door for Gendo. "I was kind of looking forward to seeing the play. Although there is nothing saying I can't see one of my own volition later"  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:39 pm
Gendo nodded and followed the two.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:10 pm
@ Gendo & Naohiko:

Smiling, Denbe would nod and gesture down the hall. "Excellent. Please, follow me. It isn't far." Turning, he would begin walking down the hall, to one end of the area you two would know as the minor clan wing (so ultimately, not very far). A room neither of you have seen nor utilized before was where the Ox would stop, opening the door, and gesturing for the two of you to enter. One other samurai would be sitting at the table, who would jump up with a start.

"Denbe-san, you traitor! Why did you bring them?!" Usagi Ichi, wearing the same style of tsukesage kimono that you two saw her in on your first day here, would say aloud in surprise when Gendo and Naohiko would enter the chamber. "You said you were getting Izo!"

Moving in behind Gendo, Denbe would close the door. "Technically, I did not lie." Adjusting his kimono, a wiggling lump would make its way up a few inches and a shiba inu's head would pop out.

... and immediately begin growling at Gendo.

"Izo, hush! Be good!" Denbe would chide the pup, who quieted but continued to give Gendo the stink eye.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox rolled 8 10-sided dice: 8, 9, 6, 6, 5, 8, 4, 3 Total: 49 (8-80)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:26 pm
Naohiko struggled to keep his features placid as the pretty Hare lept up. He also struggled to keep his eyes from resting somewhere that might be considered inappropriate. He made a deep bow to the young Usagi. " Good afternoon, Usagi-san." The Kraken then slowly straightened as he carefully considered his next words. "It seems you have several....notions about our clan that we wish to clarify. Although I do accept your judgement on the previous offering I made towards you." Naohiko would then reach inside his obi and then pull out the bunny-bushi and proffer it to the angry Hare courtier. "I hope that this warrior is a fitting gift for a scion of one of the strongest minor clans."

OOC:
Awareness/Etiquette 5k3 w/ 3 dice to handle explosions
Raises called: 1 to project an aura of calmness
Results (dice): 23-5=18 (9,8,6,6, 5)  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:27 pm
Gendo would just remain silent, eyeing the new dog warily. Shifting his grip on Setsuna, he'd adjust his own dog to be between him and the other one.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:36 pm
@ Naohiko & Gendo:

"Hmph!" Ichi would say, crossing her arms over her chest and turning her head away, despite Naohiko's attempt to win her over. Her grip would tighten on her arms, anger apparently boiling in her, and she would redden. Turning once more to Naohiko, her fists would ball at her sides as she began to yell, "Your princess through a sandal at my nose..."

She would point to Gendo with an accusing finger, and add,
"Your clanmate looked up my kimono..."

Raganui Minamoto
So, Gendo pulled open the door as he stood with one hand moving towards his naginata, entering swiftly only to stop at the sight of Kaichiyo with one hand out and a girl on the floor with a bleeding nose and a sandal on her face.

Plainsfox
Naohiko would look beyond the smith to see the pretty little minor clanswoman the low cut kimono seemed out of place with the weather here and the girl's kimono was more suited for warmer seasons. There was also the matter that she was bloodied by what appeared to be one of Kaichiyo's sandals

It would be wise perhaps to apply the observation techniques the Agasha and descended families were known for to ferret out clues that would help the situation.

OOC:
Investigation/Perception 4k2 w/ 2 dice to handle explosions
Raises called: 1 to be discrete about it
Results: 23-5 (One raise called) = 18

"AND ON THE DAY AFTER YOU ARRIVED, YOUR CLAN MANAGED TO GET ME TO PARTNER WITH A MAHO TSUKAI, WHOMYCLANHAVESWORNTODESTROYANDMADEMEANEMBARASSMENTTOMYANCESTORS!!"

Denbe quickly moves to closed the door to the room in a bit of a panic when Ichi blurted out that last part. Ichi's emotions would apparently get the better of her as her eyes would tear up and she would suddenly lurch forward, grabbing the front of Naohiko's kimono (presumbaly because he was closest) and begin sobbing uncontrollably into it. Naohiko, you will either crush or drop the origami without a TN 10 Raw Reflex roll.

"I, er... I encouraged Ichi to try and confront you about this, since she was... is rather upset about all of this, but she could never seem to find you whenever she looked. Heck, I haven't even seen either of you at the bathhouse since you arrived; no one has."

Due to your late mornings sleeping in, that part seems to coincide with Denbe's part in all of this.

Setsuna barks once happily, panting happily in Gendo's arms.  
Plainsfox rolled 13 10-sided dice: 8, 6, 4, 10, 8, 8, 1, 8, 4, 1, 4, 8, 6 Total: 76 (13-130)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:44 pm
Naohiko would go "hnrk!" as the Hare samurai-ko grabbed his kimono after the woman listed her litany of accusations against the Kraken clan. He desperately tried to keep the paper bunny bushi from being crushed or falling to the floor while he attempted to console the real bunny bushi.

After Ichi's heaving slowed down a little, Naohiko would speak out in a soft tone. "Himura-hime often greets people with a thrown sandal when she is exceptionally tired, as she was that night. I can attest to this. I can also testify to the fact that if Himura-hime had time, she would've done whatever she could to apologize to you. Himura-hime still wishes to, if you would see fit to meet her at your disposal."

To the second accusation, Naohiko would answer, "Himura Gendo-san seems to be taken by the noble women he's found here. I will pass on your complaint about Himura Gendo-san's behavior to Himura-hime. I'm sure she will issue Gendo-san an adequate punishment." If Gendo attempted to deny this, Naohiko would give Gendo a "Not Now" gesture.

To the third accusation, the Kraken samurai's voice would drop its warmth and add an edge as Naohiko struggled to make sure his comments weren't directed at Ichi. "That thing killed a man who was loved by all who knew him and used his memory as a mask to hide the depraved mockery that foul sorcerer wished to enact. That monster has shamed us all. You are not alone in that." Naohiko would carefully disentangle himself from Ichi and then prostrate himself before her. "I can only offer to put myself to whatever test you wish to prove that I am not a thrall of the Taint or that creature. In fact, I intend to witness that thing's destruction and I would be honored if you would accompany me, if possible."

Naohiko rose to a setting position as he took a breath to calm himself. "If the Kraken clan's only accomplishment from this winter court was the friendship of the Hare clan, our Champion would laud us. I cannot thank Morito Denbe-san enough for arranging this meeting."

With that, Naohiko would wait there responses.

OOC:
first 5 dice: 3k3 Raw reflex+ dice to handle explosion
Dice: 8, 6, 4,
Results: 18

second six dice: Awareness/sincerity to help convince Ichi of his statements One void point spent to grant a rank in skill
4k3 w/ 2 dice to handle explosions
Dice: 8, 1, 8, 4
Results: 20  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Raganui Minamoto rolled 6 10-sided dice: 7, 7, 9, 2, 8, 2 Total: 35 (6-60)

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:43 pm
He glared towards Naohiko. "While I will admit to enjoying time spent with the Sparrows, I do not recall ever attempting to peek up anyone's kimono." Unfortunately for Naohiko, Gendo would not let his clanmate taint his honor RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM.

Awareness/Etiquette - 4k3 Awareness/Sincerity - Untrained
3k3 - 23  
[L5R 4e] Unity

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games