Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 2 - Heart of a Monster (Completed) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 80 81 82 83 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AlphabetFish

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:38 pm

"Oh gosh, I'll be honest with you, unless I'm in the thick of battle, I just can't get inspired enough to come up with anything good." She pulled Tinsel out and looked at the songblade wistfully. "I kinda have to get stabby if I wanna be sing-y."

She looked up at Revenge and smiled. "I think I'll do best alongside you--you won't outrun me like Valac the Untiring will, or hang back like Kuori. So let's stick together."

"And I like Valac the Impressive's plan--using the bridge is smart, and since Miss Fumiyo's already getting carried away, we need to get to her right away. And since Mr. Ruin said the family is wanted alive, well..." She looked down. "It's horrible, but if we can't help people right away, at least we'll know they won't be killed. Anyone who gets taken through that portal, though--they'll never come back. Then they'd be as good as dead.

"I vote we make for Miss Sylvia and then, beyond her, Miss Fumiyo. After, the others."
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:02 pm

Petra would speak up, and though her voice was shaky, her words seemed sincere. "K-kuori, it's all right. I... I want to help. I don't really know how to fight, b-but I can turn people to stone rather easily, and I know you and Arthur will keep me safe. J-just no one look directly at me when we go down there, otherwise..." Petra's words would trail off; obviously she did not want to finish her sentence."

Abby would respond to Ruin's question as well. "My body and soul was fused with that of an Aboleth. The powers this granted revolve around illusion and... ah... mind control." Abby seemed almost ashamed as she talked, almost as if she wanted to pretend that the monster side of her didn't exist.

Arthur would simply respond "My abilities lie in these," as he pats his short swords. "I will use them to keep everyone safe."

Kowsauni
Crew

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:06 pm

"We've got the sleeping bombs too. If we throw one into each group of enemies they'll be easy pickings, but I'm not really trying to cut through the middle of two hoards of enemies. It will get us to Fumiyo faster, but once the knock out the others they're going to mob us."

She shoots at one of the mages in the bubble.

"And there isn't much we can do about that thing."
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:24 am

Ruin would place a comforting hand on Petra's shoulder, "Afterward today, we can go over less sight using ways to defend yourself. If you would like?"

"Abby, how powerful are your illusions? More to the point, do you think you could fool them to think we are a barbarian horde, or another country's army?"
He would ask her, before directing another set of questions at everyone else. "Who is the scariest member of your team? And besides; Potions and Sleepers, what else do we have at our disposal?"

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:41 pm

Act 1
Nathaniel's bolt of shadow energy strikes Ying, blinding her and knocking her prone. "Yes, focus on Lelena." He would also add in, tauntingly, "In fact, I'm not sure if we even need her alive. Our necromancers are quite... advanced."

Act 1
Nathaniel barks at his soldiers. "We need her alive, but not necessarily unharmed... Take one of her arms for this insubordination! That will teach them to run away." Using his shadowy aura like before, Nathaniel disappears from sight and blasts Hakka from invisibility with a ball of necrotic energy.

SCN_ Grey_fox
"Just stop! We are expendable to the military forces, but they want the family alive. So, worrying about their survival doesn't help them.

"I'm sorry, but you are very, very wrong," Revenge would correct Ruin. "Kuori can verify that the one leading the Arians in our last battle, was willing to resort to... extreme measures... that would bid poorly for these girls now if we face a like-minded individual." The grip on his halberd would tighten.

"I don't think we have any more time to waste. Let's pick a direction and go. But whoever makes the decision, just know that you could be choosing who we lose."

Part of him wanted to look back to Abby, but she had a strong bond with these girls. He couldn't bear to see the look in her eyes after his reveal that she might lose some of them this day. He merely tensed, ready to advance quickly.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:22 pm

The arrow Kuroi shoots at the Magical barrier bounces harmlessly off of it.

Abby would answer Rains question about her Illusions. "No, nothing nearly as grand as that. I know how to use illusions to disguise myself or perhaps make an object appear in a room that isn't there."

Kowsauni
Crew

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:46 pm

Kuori takes the reigns of the horse and begins to tie them off to the tree. "Revenge is right, and Ruin, no offense, but your an addition to our party, not the other way around. Revenge, Twyla and Ruin move slow. They can take Abby with them and head towards Fumiyo. Gives the ladies somebody they know as a friend and gives Revenge a reason to actually fight with a blade instead of words, because I know he isn't about to let an Arian lay a hand on his wife, and vice versa. Valac will lead the charge on the other team, seeing as he is fast and there is more blood to be shed that way. The rest of us will go in with him, and Ramona was it? Think you can fly to the half dragon and help them keep it together while we save Corsica? And then Revenge's team can get flower girl on their way to Fumiyo to add another to their number. Once team Valac hits the bridge we can split as needed to take care of the soldiers on that side." She finishes with the horse an begins to move back, "Or we can stand here and talk all day."
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:48 pm

As a plan formed in his head of Abby taking the form of an Arian, telling the family to 'give up' and ride in the cart, and the others were mercs in her ploy. Kouri had to state the that he was part of them...

"I will make this simple, I never joined you. And if Corsica and Ying can't vouch for you, I will kill you." he returned before moving near Illya, "watch your back, I still don't trust them."

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:03 am

The Battle for the Beast Within
User Image

(The dark green under the trees represents thick underbrush and is difficult terrain and provide partial cover. The clods of earth the size of one square are difficult terrain. The clods of earths bigger then one square require climb checks to move over and are blocking terrain that provide full cover. The craters areas from the blasts are difficult terrain. A swim check is required to move through the river. The cliff to the east is 15 feet tall and requires a climb check to move up.)

The Araian soldiers in the field begin to organize and, despite Ramona and Illya's and Kuroi's best effort to pin them down, they begin to move on the party's position. Bolts of energy being to fly over the everyone heads as the din of battle draws closer.

Ramona turn to everyone and shouts "We cant hold them back and longer. Whatever you guys decided to do we have to do it now!"

((Everyone Roll Initiative!))
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:43 am

"We ain't decided s**t!" Growled Valac as he scans the battlefield one last time, "I guess it's every man for himself then. I'm going for the bridge whether anyone joins me or not."

(19 initiative.)

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:36 am

"Abby, make Corcisa vanish." Ruin ordered,

Roll =11
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:31 pm

"Well, Ruin... as a paladin, I'd much prefer you slaying us until after we rescue your friends. If you want to put us down before that happens, then that's on you."

Tapping the side of Twyla's foot with the bottom of his weapon's haft lightly, he would indicate with his eyes that he would be heading towards the flower girl.

Quote:
Initiative 8

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

AlphabetFish

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:54 pm

Twyla nodded. "And Mr. Revenge--I have one of those sleepy bomb things if we need it. Just in case."

She would ready herself to charge forward on Revenge's command.

((Initiative: 5))
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:26 am

Kuori starts making her way towards Corsica.

Initiative: 21

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:27 pm

The Battle for the Beast Within
User Image

(The dark green under the trees represents thick underbrush and is difficult terrain and provide partial cover. The clods of earth the size of one square are difficult terrain. The clods of earths bigger then one square require climb checks to move over and are blocking terrain that provide full cover. The craters areas from the blasts are difficult terrain. A swim check is required to move through the river. The cliff to the east is 15 feet tall and requires a climb check to move up.)

Initiative Order
Petra
Arthur
Kuori, 10 damage
Valac, 6 damage
Arian Soldiers
Ramona
Illya
Ruin
Revenge
Twyla
Fumiyo's Guards
Demi-Monsters

As Ruin yells out a command to Abby she immediately gets flustered. "I-I-I don't know how to use my illusion to do that but..." Abby quickly looks at the field and then back at the group. "Valac, climb in and I'll get you to that bridge! Anyone else that wants to come along climb in as well!"

Both Arthur and Petra climb back into the wagon, intent on following Abby for now. (It is a minor action to climb in and out of the wagon)

((Kuori up!))
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 80 81 82 83 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games