Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 3 - Glimmers in the Dark (Main Roleplay) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:15 am
Valac in the meantime had pulled a dagger to scrape the gore off of him he would reply to Revenge, "I was going to deal with this anyways keep the mess in one spot, ya know?"

"Yeah and runt." Valac called out to Vivian ponting at her with his bloody dagger, "Pay attention to what Rev just told you take Ruins money and run. If this keeps up he'll be the one in the bag not you, har har harrr."

Valac chuckled flicking off some gore from a dagger in time with the chuckling.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:49 am
"Unless you picked ups some skills from him, or can help Kuori with her reagent problem. 3 silver a day and rations, and you only have to work with her when we are at camp, other-wise it will be case by case on needs... Come we can continue to negotiate terms and pay as we walk." Ruin would say, following Kouri. "I think the 3 of them will be alright alone."

"I swear they lived inside a cloistered monastery before me." Ruin would whisper to Vivan when they were some distance from the other two teiflings. "Revenge sucks as a guardian and Valac's tactics... it is all yelling and screaming. I mean, I am not a warlord or anything, but come on."

(going off of 3.5's pricing. I think it jumped in 5e, but can't remember pricings in 4e. )  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:58 pm
Kuori wave off Revenge with her right hand, left hand holding the magic lantern as the light came to life.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:10 pm
Vivian would roll her eyes and take the potion from Revenge. "Alright, I can see you really want me to take them."

Vivan would then follow along, continuing her conversation with Ruin. "I can't even buy a meal for a silver! And case by case needs? That's pretty vague, and, I know what kind of work you guys do. As your friends pointed out you will be dragging me into dangerous situations left and right! That alone entitles some hazard pay, and besides, who else do you know that can turn invisible and fly." Vivain would smile, exposing her shark like teeth. "Whether you use them or not you are paying for those skills as well. So, tell you what, since you rescued me I'll give you a 50% discount. Half a gold a day, plus meals."

As Revenge pokes around the bag he finds nothing of particular interest. The debris is all parts of broken up furniture. The designs on them look the same as other bits of furniture he has seen in the ruins, leading him to believe it all had been collected here in the city. There is some dried blood on the inner lining on the monstrous bag, but it looks quite old. Other than that, there does not seem much else to tell. The Fomoraian seemed to be just pillaging in the area, for whatever his insane reasons were.

((Next post I'll bring us back to Dietrich,))  

Kowsauni
Crew

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:41 pm
"Vi," Ruin would say plainly to the 'who else do you know...' question. "and for the record, if I had a choice you wouldn't go into dangerous situations, instead I would go back to Fox and Illya. But, being we do, and you will be following... Fine, 5 silver a day and meals..."

Reaching into his pouch, the short tiefling would produce 4 gold coins and hold them out to her. "A forward for 8 days. I don't think we will be down here that long, but Revenge and Valac were right. For some reason the beasts in this area like me over them. Just don't tell them that I said that, and when we get attacked, vanish and hide. Alright?"  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:24 pm
Since Revenge is only down a hit point, he's mainly taking the opportunity to casually rummage to benefit from a short rest. After finding nothing of interest, and once he's recuperated his spent stamina (aka powers), he'd rejoin the others.

Removed from Character Sheet
Ruin's Minor Healing Potion
Ruin's other Minor Healing Potion  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:24 pm
"Deal!" Vivian would state enthusiastically as she she snatched the money from Ruin's hand. She then hummed to herself as she walked along side the party. Though she still looked rather ragged, her spirits seemed a lot higher then when he first encounter her.

It takes several minutes of traversing the rubble of the ruined city to get back to their original position. Kuori would arrive first and she would notice the spot where she communed with the spirits had changed. Where the rocks had fallen before was now different. One of the original rocks from before had disappeared. Instead, it had been replaced by 10 new rocks that had fallen in its place.

Once Kuroi started calling for Dietrich he would come running out from behind some rubble where he had been hiding. "Oh wow, yer alive! I was betten I would be levin her by m'self in a little bit. So...where are th'others?"

Ruin and Vivian arrive next, seeing Kuori begin to talk with Dietrich.

((Valac didn't say what he was doing, so I am placing him with Revenge, Ilikan and Irene back at the dead Fomorian. Kuori and Ruin, did you want to take a short rest while you wait for Revenge and the others to return?))  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:24 pm
"They are fondling the giant's parts for enjoyment. They will get bored and come this way soon enough." Ruin stated taking a seat to wait. "Vivain, You said you were here before, did you find anything of interest? A trinket or something of the like?" Ruin would simply ask nodding in Kuori's direction, to indicate the reason.

(Short resting)  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:14 pm
Kuori motions to the rocks. "Your doing? Or should I be looking out for living boulders?" She paused briefly ... "Actually, I think those might be a thing. Haven't really encountered any, but it rings a bell." She sits, shaking her head. "I was just going to head back, but I guess you've been beat up on enough Ruin. I will show you some pity and let you rest your legs."  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:16 pm
"Huh?" Dietrich looks over in direction of the rocks? "Do wha now? Ther's nothin over the but a bunch o rocks over there." His confused looks hints that he apparently does not get what she is talking about .

To Ruin, Vivian would respond. "Are you kidding me! This place has been picked clean. I couldn't even find anything to eat! If its small enough to be carried off its gone. But Uh...I might have already been in kind of a weak state when I started searching here, so maybe there is still stuff to be found?"  

Kowsauni
Crew

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:13 am
Kuori sighed. "Two humanoids ... a Fomorian and you, and a pile of ashes, picked clean." She doesn't turn the statement into a coherent thought, she just sits with it and thinks for a while.
[short rest activated  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:36 am
"what did the rocks count in your ritual? Cause if it was people, and it is currently counting us... that is still 2 unfound." Ruin would tell kuori  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:50 pm
"I did specify other than us ... which would mean that 10 new creatures have arrived." She sighs. "We need to spring for some of those Rocky Talky things."  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:22 pm
"Oy! Where she come from." Dietrich would say upon finally noticing Vivian. but then he would wave his hand dismissively. "Ah, it doesn't matter anyhoo. Once yer friends get back we head out. I'm gettin nervous bein out in th'opin so much."

Once Irene, Valac, Ilikan and Revenge return to the site Dietrich looked anxious to be going and would begin to lead the way. The party would walk for another 20 minutes or so down the rubble strewn roads of the burned out residences until they came to a large building that was mostly intact. Alright, we be here. "Now, let me go in and let Lady Lydia know she has gusts and I'll come back out to bring you in when she'aready."

Dietrich would dash inside the building and return a few minutes later. He would bow his head an motion extravagantly to the door. "Th'lady is ready to see you. Please go inside."

For those who head inside the they would see a neatly organized lobby. Kuori would vaguely remember this place had been an inn. Several comfy look chairs were laid out before a desk and behind this desk sat a comely looking drow in a fancy blouse with white hair and vibrant red eyes. Right behind her from the ceiling descended a cloth screen, no doubt to obscure her lower spider half. She would greet everyone with a pleasant smile. "Ah, greetings. I am lady Lydia. Dietrich has already told me much about you. You came from the surface searching for answers and I, know doubt, have some of the answers you now seek. Perhaps we can make some sort of arrangement that would be beneficial for everyone."  

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:47 am
I assume this means we gain the benefits of a short rest?

Encounter powers restored.
Milestone reached.
+1 Action point.
+1 use of an item daily power.
No healing surges spent: Remaining at 70/71 hp.

-----

"My apologies Kuori," Revenge would say as he rejoined the other half of the split party. "I checked to see if there was any signs or clues left behind by another of the Lightlost, but I couldn't find anything."

Turning to the shorter Tiefling, Revenge would add, "While we were searching, we had a talk. Ilikan is so distraught over your reference to him as a
Ruin, Page 62
"Shame Warden

that he isn't speaking to you anymore. You should apologize to him."

-----

Upon entering the inn, assuming it was lit, Revenge would wrap the flame of his everburning torch and stow it for now. He left his right hand open for now, choosing not to arm himself. For the time being, he did not speak, letting Kuori take the lead, as her interests were the most vested.  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games