Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Riddles~! Riddles~! Riddles~! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 63 64 65 66 67 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RIddle?
  My brains hurts
  It tickles ya brain
View Results

Kazenge

Hilarious Genius

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 8:05 am
The line they were riding did not have seat belts?  
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 1:47 pm
FoxDemonNarutoGurl
Deppfan Teague
FoxDemonNarutoGurl
When John was six years old he hammered a nail into his favorite tree to mark his height. Ten years later at age sixteen, John returned to see how much higher the nail was. If the tree grew by five centimeters each year, how much higher would the nail be?

The nail would be in the same place. Trees grow at the top, not the bottom.

i guess that was pretty easy huh? well here's another one:
Mr.Goodhill bought tickets from Mrs.Preston to go to the mountains with his wife. one day Mrs.Preston is watching the news and there was an accident and Mrs.Goodhill died. mr.Goodhill said she forgot to but on her safety belt when when riding the line. But Mrs.Preston knew he Mrs.Goodhill had been murdered. how?
She murdered her?  

William Bloody Pratt

Dedicated Lunatic

FoxDemonNarutoGurl

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 4:31 pm
XxKoRn_FanaticxX
FoxDemonNarutoGurl
Deppfan Teague
FoxDemonNarutoGurl
When John was six years old he hammered a nail into his favorite tree to mark his height. Ten years later at age sixteen, John returned to see how much higher the nail was. If the tree grew by five centimeters each year, how much higher would the nail be?

The nail would be in the same place. Trees grow at the top, not the bottom.

i guess that was pretty easy huh? well here's another one:
Mr.Goodhill bought tickets from Mrs.Preston to go to the mountains with his wife. one day Mrs.Preston is watching the news and there was an accident and Mrs.Goodhill died. Mr.Goodhill said she forgot to but on her safety belt when when riding the line. But Mrs.Preston knew he Mrs.Goodhill had been murdered. how?
She murdered her?

you are a little right but not quite. Mrs.Preston wasn't on the trip with Mr. and Mrs.Goodhill  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:06 pm
Mr.Preston only bought one return ticket

FoxDemonNarutoGurl

Michael Menace

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:30 pm
Here's a pretty good/long one.

Detective Shadow got a about Mary Sue being away from work and has not been seen anywhere. In her house all the lights are turned off and no one has been seen going in and out of the house since last week, whom was Sir Shady, which is Mary Sue's father. Detective Shadow calls Sir Shady to the Mary Sue's house asking him to bring a spare key to open the front door. It's night time and there's no light inside or outside the house as they enter. Sir Shady flips the light switch on and in the hall lies Mary Sue's body lying all over the floor. In awe, both Detective Shadow and Sir Shady walk around the body. Sir Shady accidentally trips over the leg of Mary Sue's.
"This is quite interesting." Detective Shadow said noticing the marks around her neck and arms. Suddenly the lights go out. Sir Shady and Detective Shadow both go back to the beginning of the hall where they first were. Detective Shadow flips the light switch on back and forth but nothing happens.
"Let's try the next light." Sir Shady says as he goes down the hall and flips the light. The lights go back on as he does so. "Who would ever do this to my baby?" Sir Shady says.
The next day Detective Shadow has Sir Shady arrested for murder.

How does Detective Shadow know is was Sir Shady?

---
(These are completely two different riddles btw.))

Detective Shadow gets a call from Sir Shady investigate the Victor Mansion. Mary Sue, Victor's wife, has been away on vacation where she too gets the call. Mary Sue and Detective Shadow both enter the house together as they see Victor dead in his study room. In his left hand holds a gun and in his right hand a tape recorder where his head lies on the stop button.
"My husband, my husband! Why has he killed himself?!" Mary Sue shouts in terror. Detective Shadow walks over to Victor and takes the tape recorder. He presses play and the recorder starts:
"My business has gone bankrupt, my two sisters and my parents have been murdered by a suspicious murderer running through our family. I fear I am next so I figure to beat him to it. Mary Sue, I love you." A gunshot is heard with a gasp from Victor's mouth making his death. You can hear the shuffling of his hair against the speaker as his head lies against the stop button.
"You didn't need to kill yourself.." Mary Sue says breathless.
"Victor did not kill himself. I suspect murder." Detective Shadow Announces.
Why does he suspect this?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:03 pm
Kazenge
The line they were riding did not have seat belts?

a bus?  

Cevadeva

FoxDemonNarutoGurl

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:15 pm
Michael Menace

Detective Shadow got a about Mary Sue being away from work and has not been seen anywhere. In her house all the lights are turned off and no one has been seen going in and out of the house since last week, whom was Sir Shady, which is Mary Sue's father. Detective Shadow calls Sir Shady to the Mary Sue's house asking him to bring a spare key to open the front door. It's night time and there's no light inside or outside the house as they enter. Sir Shady flips the light switch on and in the hall lies Mary Sue's body lying all over the floor. In awe, both Detective Shadow and Sir Shady walk around the body. Sir Shady accidentally trips over the leg of Mary Sue's.
"This is quite interesting." Detective Shadow said noticing the marks around her neck and arms. Suddenly the lights go out. Sir Shady and Detective Shadow both go back to the beginning of the hall where they first were. Detective Shadow flips the light switch on back and forth but nothing happens.
"Let's try the next light." Sir Shady says as he goes down the hall and flips the light. The lights go back on as he does so. "Who would ever do this to my baby?" Sir Shady says.

---

Detective Shadow gets a call from Sir Shady investigate the Victor Mansion. Mary Sue, Victor's wife, has been away on vacation where she too gets the call. Mary Sue and Detective Shadow both enter the house together as they see Victor dead in his study room. In his left hand holds a gun and in his right hand a tape recorder where his head lies on the stop button.
"My husband, my husband! Why has he killed himself?!" Mary Sue shouts in terror. Detective Shadow walks over to Victor and takes the tape recorder. He presses play and the recorder starts:
"My business has gone bankrupt, my two sisters and my parents have been murdered by a suspicious murderer running through our family. I fear I am next so I figure to beat him to it. Mary Sue, I love you." A gunshot is heard with a gasp from Victor's mouth making his death. You can hear the shuffling of his hair against the speaker as his head lies against the stop button.

the first one i think is because sir shady was the only one with the spare key.
the second one is becaus its says
"in his left hand holds a gun and in his right hand a tape recorder where his head lies on the stop button."so both his hands are acuppied  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:33 pm
FoxDemonNarutoGurl
Michael Menace

---

"in his left hand holds a gun and in his right hand a tape recorder where his head lies on the stop button."so both his hands are acuppied

The first answer could be possible but it's not the answer I was looking for..

For your second answer, you can still shoot yourself with a gun on your left hand and a tape recorder in the other.

Michael Menace

FoxDemonNarutoGurl

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:59 pm
oh okay. then I don't know  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:21 am
If you want the answer just PM me and I'll be more then happy to tell.  

Michael Menace

Chai Rage

Romantic Gawker

7,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:07 pm
Michael Menace
FoxDemonNarutoGurl
Michael Menace

---

For your second answer, you can still shoot yourself with a gun on your left hand and a tape recorder in the other.

Was there a deranged man standing right behind them with a gun?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:50 pm
snow_white_nekomimi
Michael Menace
FoxDemonNarutoGurl
Michael Menace

---

Was there a deranged man standing right behind them with a gun?

I've got it!! Victor was right handed. The Detective could tell because he saw a wristwatch on his left wrist. If he had been left handed, he would have worn it on the right. So, if he was right handed, he wouldn't have shot himself with his left hand. He must have been forced by the shooter to make the tape, hence why it is in his right hand. The shooter then placed the gun in his left hand, to make it look like he committed suicide.

I have no idea about the fist one.  

Deppfan

Mr Jekyll

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:18 pm
These are more logic questions than riddles. A riddle is more is like this

at the beginning of eternity,
the end of time and space,
the beginning of every end,
and the end of every place

whats the answer?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:58 pm
knivesanpurtythings