Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Out of Character Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:50 pm

Valac currently has 34 hit points as Ying healed him for two healing surges worth +6. There has been no sort rest yet so all expended powers have not returned and everyone is at whatever their hit-point were at the end of the last battle. That also means temp hit points are still in place.

I'll post the map tonight.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:38 am

Meanwhile at Valac...

https://youtu.be/07KFq7EqkPw

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:20 am

Rain, her speed is 6 normally and GREAT bows have longer range than a long bow...By my calculations, she can start flinging arrows in 5 rounds![-7 to hit for that round, -2 if she stopped running and normal attacks if she moves an additional 25 squares]

When asked how fast the horse ran, Kow said, 16 squares per round, so She would be running about the same speed as the horse, in the end, it wouldn't help or hurt her speed if she chose to ride along. That said, it is Kouri's choice ether way, just fyi's

Questions for the dm, would this still count as the same combat as before? I am just wondering, if Ruin's Armor of Agathys would still be active, or not? And if Ruin is riding alone, or with one passenger, is there anyway he could quicken the horse quickly, example, remove the cart and ride the horse saddle-less?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:11 pm

Sorry, too many dwarves and heavy armors. I forgot speeds greater than 5 existed sweatdrop

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:40 pm

Abby's horse has a speed of ten when unhitched from the wagon so it can move 20 squares a round. However, it will take 1 round to unhitch the horse from the wagon.

Ruin's armor is no longer in affect since the encounter where he triggered it ended. It will take 160 squares of movement reach the bottom west edge of the posted map.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:39 pm

You tell your deity it was a kindness you done. I know you hurtin' and worryin', I can feel it on you, but you oughta quit on it now. Because I want it over and done. I do. I'm tired, boss. Tired of bein' on the road, lonely as a sparrow in the rain. Tired of not ever having me a buddy to be with, or tell me where we's coming from or going to, or why. Mostly I'm tired of people being ugly to each other. I'm tired of all the pain I feel and hear in the world everyday. There's too much of it. It's like pieces of glass in my head all the time. Can you understand?

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:30 pm

Rain Yupa

SCN_ Grey_fox

Revenge, Ruin and Twyla cant all fit on the horse. Someones going to have to walk, I just need to know who.

Also cutting the reins isn't going to save you any time verses just unhitching the horse as they both are standard actions to perform and you will probably want to use your cart later.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:32 pm

Twyla has a speed of 7 right now, so she's the fastest at the moment. She can walk.

AlphabetFish

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:47 am

gonk

I was getting information! I didn't know, if I wanted to remove the cart.

We would only be buying a standard action on round nine by going saddle-less(cutting the cords, mounting, and dismounting included) And personally, I don't veiw that as worth it, when you factor in the cart's ability to carry 2-8 people(it was getting cramped with the cage mage was aboard[can't remember his name]).

With that info, Ruin wouldn't cut the horse free. though, he may pick up some of the demi-humans(Sylvia, Shi, and Illya, preferred) and on the trip

---
And just to double check, their was no time for a short rest? Meaning, no renewal of spent encounter powers.

It isn't going to change anything, just wanted to know what powers Ruin has in his arsenal.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:42 am

Revenge is the one describing himself cutting the saddle. What I'm saying is no time is being saved by cutting the saddle. It is a standard action to unhitch the wagon vs. A standard action to cut the saddle off. No time is being saved and you would be destroying your ability to use the wagon.

Also just to clarify again there has been no short rest. All expended powers are still expended and everyone's HP is at the same point it was when the last fight ended. All effects that lasted to the end of the encounter ended with the last fight as well. The only thing still remaining is any temp hit points anyone had.

Kowsauni
Crew

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:58 am

Kowsauni
Revenge is the one describing himself cutting the saddle. What I'm saying is no time is being saved by cutting the saddle. It is a standard action to unhitch the wagon vs. A standard action to cut the saddle off. No time is being saved and you would be destroying your ability to use the wagon.

Also just to clarify again there has been no short rest. All expended powers are still expended and everyone's HP is at the same point it was when the last fight ended. All effects that lasted to the end of the encounter ended with the last fight as well. The only thing still remaining is any temp hit points anyone had.

Sorry, I was mostly directing my statement to the following part of Rain's post

Quote:
Drawing his sword, he'd move over to the horses in front of the wagon. Seconds could matter, so rather than spend the time to unhitch the horse, he'd simply cut the ropes binding it. Ruin had a head start of undoing one horse, so this should get the other good to go at about the same time.

I was about to post a stopping action, to halt that cut... I wanted to correct him, when he said Ruin said he was doing something, I never said Ruin was doing...
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:18 pm

Sorry, Kowsauni's comment in this thread made it sound like you were undoing a horse, so maybe I just didn't see it in the main thread or there was PM clarification or something.

I didn't know we were measuring combat actions on our end either. I was hoping cutting the horse free would be a minor since it isn't a measured strike, but I think I was just being ambitious. I'll go edit my post.

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:31 am

Do you need our actions for the riding/running rounds?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:56 am

I just need to know if you guys are unhitching the wagon and going or taking the wagon with you. All you guys did was get on the horse last round. Since there are two of you on the horse one person can un-hitch the wagon while he other gets a full round of movement from the horse. Otherwise you can start heading that way with the wagon. Once I know this I'll start advancing the rounds until everyone meets up.

Kowsauni
Crew

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:58 pm

Kowsauni
I just need to know if you guys are unhitching the wagon and going or taking the wagon with you. All you guys did was get on the horse last round. Since there are two of you on the horse one person can un-hitch the wagon while he other gets a full round of movement from the horse. Otherwise you can start heading that way with the wagon. Once I know this I'll start advancing the rounds until everyone meets up.

If the guard comes within range kuori will start firing at Valac for being a dumbass.
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games