Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
Frightened, Chimera? [Remake] (O / A) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

You would like to see more ____ in this roleplay.
  blood/gore
  action
  romance
  interaction between characters/roleplayers
  opportunities for Chimera to escape
  pit battles between Chimerae
View Results

Wire_Colossus

Versatile Shapeshifter

3,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:22 pm
Something shined at the tree line and suddenly a bumper of a vehicle came flying at Jared like a Javelin. Hound had surfaced again and had thrown the bumper to attack Jared. But then he returned to the gound. He was in need of blood, and Jared was the only prey for miles that wouldn't run away.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:30 pm
((OOC: Time for Apsalar to totally misunderstand! biggrin ))

Apsalar continued along the beach for a few seconds, silently - turning over what he'd said in her mind. After a moment, she frowned, stopped, and faced him.

"Is there something you're forgetting to tell me?" she asked calmly. A little too calmly. "Why should Tobart have to lead the pack? Does he have am...an...ambi...does he want to?" As far as she'd been aware, everyone - including Tobart - acknowledged John as their leader.

And what did that have to do with her, specifically? She could appreciate the warning about staying away from Tobart, if not the part about John wanting her on his 'side' (or so she figured) - if there was going to be a fight for the position of alpha male, she didn't want to be a part of it. At all.

Leading the pack without Smoke, who knew the world outside, would be difficult, but maybe not impossible. Was this why John had wanted to talk to her? Did he want to take the pack away from here?

But then, why the warning about the leadership rivalry?

Looking at him and wanting to be wrong, she asked him flat-out. "Is Tobart planning to challenge you for leadership of the pack?"  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

LovetoCauseMayhem

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:30 pm
Hiccadu watched them leave with only mild curiosity. Well, this couldn't possibly be good. Should she go after them?

Well, it was better than being ******** bored out of her mind here.

Decided, she slipped out the door and silently trailed behind them, following them to the beach. Staying behind the jagged rocks that populated this section of beach, she watched. The wind blew away all ability to hear what was being said, but at least she could watch from a distance and make sure nothing bad happened to the female.

Eh, TAIS wanted her to be good. Fine. Whatever. If it meant not being bored, why not?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:18 pm
Something smacked leaves--something heavy and fast. At first, Jared thought it was Hound himself, and he turned and took several backward steps to avoid him. He found himself staring at the quivering end of the jeep's bumper, about to tip over in the grass. Hound was throwing car parts at him?

He stepped back quickly and looked around, searching for the next bit of scrap metal Hound would send his way. But now Jared was getting impatient. His contract was for Smoke only, and he didn't have time to waste while the man bled out in a ditch. He decided to try a new tactic; the truth. "John sent me here!" he called into the surrounding woods. "Sent me to find Smoke. I'm not after you, I just want the same man who was going to betray you animals too."

--

John was slightly taken aback by her wording. He hadn't considered Tobart would aim for the entire pack, only Apsalar. But now that he took the time to think about it, that was what Tobart was doing. If it came down to it, John had no doubt they would fight over Apsalar. Whoever won would come away with their alpha-female as well as the pack. And John couldn't let that happen.

"I think... He might want to. Maybe he doesn't know himself yet. But that's what's happening." John was being honest, the murky jealousy no longer coating his words with malice.

On the other hand, if he did win... If he did win, Tobart would be out of the group. John wasn't quite sure how he felt about that and yet, he couldn't quite let Apsalar go. Not only was she the only female who wouldn't kill him, she was someone gentle, someone the others in the pack looked up to and recognized. Losing her to Tobart would be the same as winning: Tobart would no longer be a friendly face in John's life.

But what was done was done. Tobart wasn't going to back down, and John wasn't going to be the outcast of his own pack.

"Yes," John answered, frowning. "He is." Though perhaps unknowingly.

((Sorry Mayhem. I realize you aren't getting much interaction :/))

AninOnin

Newbie Prophet

Wire_Colossus

Versatile Shapeshifter

3,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:53 pm
"Blood...." Hounds voice echoed out from every direction. Then a loud cracking sound rang out and if Jared were to look, he'd see a tree slowly falling over towards him from behind. Hound was trying everything he could to avoid getting hurt further. But he was also trying his best to kill jared. He needed blood, and Jared was the closest source of it. And then hound showed a hint of sanity as he said, "Blood is what I need. Yours will do just fine..." But then that sanity was gone. Jared would have to be an imbecile to not realize that hound was hunting him for his blood, not trying to save Smoke. "Blood..."  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:36 am
((OOC: Only...? Hiccadu and Apsalar aren't the only females in the group, are...? *goes to check* Holy s**t, I think they are. XD))

Apsalar looked down. "I see." The words were very quiet, with no hint of emotion behind them - except, maybe, the slightest hint of sorrow. "I wouldn't have thought it." But she accepted John's judgement as she always had.

Perhaps there was still a way to save it. Maybe she could talk Tobart out of challenging John for leadership. She hadn't seen a lot of resentment or difficulties between them, so how hard could it be?

She still wasn't aware that pack leadership was being decided not by itself, but in conjunction with what was decided about her. So she might have been underestimating the simplicity of the task somewhat.

"I could talk to him," she said aloud. "Maybe talk him down from a challenge - I know he respects you, and wouldn't want to do anything to harm the pack. We can't afford to be divided, not right now."

She lifted her eyes to John's. "If I can talk him down, will you let it go, at least until we're safe?"  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

AninOnin

Newbie Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:06 pm
((I'm sorry guys. Relatives got in a few days ago, and they'll be in a few more days. Try to post when I can.

Also, Miinefield apologizes; she's just moved and doesn't yet have internet.))

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:09 pm
((OOC: S'all good. Take your time - we'll be here. biggrin ))  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

LovetoCauseMayhem

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:25 pm
((Eeeeh, it's all good, Anin. I understand some things just have to happen.))  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:17 pm
A growl rumbled in the back of Tobart's throat when John drew Apsalar away from him. He shifted as if to follow, but that wouldn't do. No, he'd sit and wait for their return.

Lonomia rolled the dice again and smiled as he moved his piece the same number of spaces that there were dots on the white cube. He glanced up at Tobart, giddy for him to take his turn so that it could be his again. The boy didn't understand the rules of the game or even whether or not he was winning. All he knew is that they were having a good time, but Tobart didn't look that way. He looked downright dangerous. There was a scowl on his face that Lono didn't like; something he'd never seen on Tobart before (not that they'd spent much time together in the slaughterhouse anyway). The boy whined like a small dog and tugged Tobart's shirtsleeve to get his attention back to the happy; the game.

That John. He knew that Tobart loved Apsalar; loved her! He'd told her while they were escaping; one day maybe she'd learn the words that he'd said and remember. Something small tugged on his clothes. He looked down at the boy, seeing what he wanted. "No," Tobart said, "we have to wait for Apsalar." distracted by his feelings, the chimera had forgotten to simplify his speech into something the boy could understand without frustration. No matter; he would understand the meaning.

Lono frowned, a lot of the words were familiar but he couldn't put the connection to what they were used for. He'd understood that no; they couldn't keep playing. Apsalar. Maybe they were just waiting for Apsalar to return. Then they could keep playing?

The Amazing Flying Circus

Eloquent Elocutionist

AninOnin

Newbie Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:38 pm
((Still here. The soonest I'll most likely be able to post is next Saturday, the 20th. School's starting, slacked off on summer work, marching band camp, student council, freshmen orientation, organizing little brother's surprise birthday, the works. *dies*

I'm really sorry guys gonk [And also super grateful you're sticking around! Thank you so much!] ))

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:13 pm
((OOC: Take your time. We'll see you when you get back! <3))  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

AninOnin

Newbie Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:17 pm
((Taking an undeserved break... But that's okay xDD

Also. Brother's surprise birthday party was a total success. Paintball guns FTW.))

Blood, huh?

Jared smiled and bit his lip hard enough to draw the red metallic taste onto his tongue. If Hound wanted blood, let him come and get some. He doubted that Hound, in his current, primal state, would have the forethought to realize this was a trap. Not at the sight--and more importantly, the scent--of blood. The scientists had made sure of building that little mechanism of insanity into Hound, and the hunter decided it was a good thing they had.

--

John could feel, more than hear, that feeling of sorrow in Apsalar's voice. It made his stomach do something weird, something he hadn't felt since... he didn't quite remember. He felt it was important though. Tobart was his friend, but now he was also a rival. It was human feeling versus animal instinct, and John was feeling undeniably conflicted, though not enough to back down. Would he really lose the rest of the pack's loyalty if he surrendered Apsalar to Tobart? Only after expressing an interest in her... Which, thinking back, he had.

His thoughts were interrupted by Apsalar's voice. Hearing her speak immediately lifted his spirits. Perhaps if she did talk to him, Tobart would back down. It was a desperate hope, but a straw to grasp at. And it might soften tensions at the beach house, at least until they left. Maybe.

John found himself nodding without consciously making the decision to let her dissuade him. He really wanted to keep Tobart as a friend, and before, it hadn't seemed possible. Now there was a chance--remote, but a chance nevertheless. "If you could talk to him... If it worked... Thank you. It would help a lot. And yes... I would try to leave it for a while. Until we are all safe."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:15 pm
Apsalar's eyes warmed as she looked up at John. There was a chance. She had a friend in Tobart, she knew that much, and John...he was a little distant from the rest of them, as a leader had to be in order to, well, lead, but he was her leader. He was theirs, and she wouldn't want to see that change.

"Thank you," she said softly. "If you can do that...I'll do the best I can." She determined silently that she would talk Tobart out of it any way that she could. It didn't matter how.

This was something she could do, and she would find a way to do it. She wouldn't let the pack splinter. Not now.

Not when just keeping a level head on her shoulders took all the effort she had to spare.

She touched his shoulder briefly, something she hadn't dared before, and gave him a quick hug similar to the one she'd given Smoke before he left. "I'll talk to him," she promised, and hurried back up to the house.

Apparently when she'd said 'talk to him', she'd meant right away.

~

Apsalar poked her head into the living room, spotting Tobart sitting by the board. She began to step in, noticed Lonomia, and changed her mind. Whatever happened, the boy didn't need to know about the changes that might soon come if...

Well, if she didn't change Tobart's mind.

"Tobart?" she asked uncertainly. "Can I...speak with you?"  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

The Amazing Flying Circus

Eloquent Elocutionist

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:27 pm
Apsalar returned, a beam of light. He smiled and moved over a tad to make room for her to continue the game. Lonomia waited patiently, holding his feet and twiddling his thumbs. "Tobart? Can I speak with you?"

Of course! Tobart jumped to his feet. Of course she could speak with him! "Hang on, Lonomia. Wait. We will be back."

Lonomia huffed, getting the gist of things. Fine; if they didn't want to play, he'd finish the game by his damn self.

Tobart left with Apsalar and the child did what children do; throw tantrums. He rolled the dice and moved his piece again and again, sabotaging the game. A triumphant smile adorned his face and his antifreeze eyes lit up. Ha! That would show them.

"What's up?" Tobart said casually, always pushing Apsalar to learn new words and phrases.

"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff