Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Plainsfox rolled 6 10-sided dice: 5, 7, 9, 8, 3, 6 Total: 38 (6-60)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:31 pm
@ The Unicorn Tent

" I think that's wise. With your leave, Sayoko-sama, we will remove ourselves from your presence to further discuss this matter."

The Scorpion carefully watched Sayoko for a reaction, his hand still on the hilt of his wakazaishi.

OOC:
Awareness/Etiquette 4k3 Explosions drawn from unkept die first and then the 2 spare ones ><
Results: 24  
Sutiiven rolled 6 10-sided dice: 6, 4, 5, 6, 1, 1 Total: 23 (6-60)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:22 pm
"I have no intention on revealing you, Sayoko. Merely stating the obvious. You are welcome to kill us, however I would clearly prefer to forget that this conversation ever happened. However, I will listen to what Gemmei has to say and consider it deeply. Otherwise, I intend to leave you to your own devices. I care not enough about the ruling elite of Rokugan to attempt to stop you."

(Courtier 6k3 to diplomatically keep from being eviscerated.)

((17.))  

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:33 pm
@ Unicorn Tent:

Kojiro's Etiquette roll buys you another round.

Sayoko would eye each of the three other samurai in turn, before snorting in displeasure, sheathing her blade. "You'll be taking on responsibility for these two, Gemmei. When you get back, I expect to hear good news, or their punishment will be yours." She would turn her back to the group of you, and stand there, unmoving, arms crossed.

"By your leave, Sayoko-sama. With luck, I will bring back news of victory in the competition for our group." Shinjo Gemmei would bow deeply to the backside of Sayoko, before standing and leaving, without so much as looking at the two of you.

Do you follow/exit, or are you unwilling to let the slight of Sayoko showing you her back go?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:48 pm
@Unicorn Tent

The Scorpion thought that this would be a perfect time to dispatch the woman, but it would be messy. Sayoko would be dealt with later, discretely if he could manage it, and there was still the matter of Gemmei. He would follow the Unicorn Shugenja out and would ask for his Katana back once they exited the tent.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Agent Sinistra rolled 10 10-sided dice: 8, 9, 10, 1, 5, 2, 7, 6, 5, 5 Total: 58 (10-100)

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:56 pm
@ Lioness Shenanigans:

Rain Yupa
Asahina Kenichi would swallow a bit hard, as, for the first time, he would actually meet Kyumi's gaze and hold it there. He would not smile, but work hard at keeping a calm demeanor. "I... I think I would... like that very much, Kyumi-san..."

"Kenichi-kun!" a voice would call from the building just behind the two young samurai, and stepping out into the night, Soshi Maru would turn to face the two of them. "Kenichi-kun, I'm sooo glad you waited around for me. Just like I wanted you to!" Rushing forward, Maru would wrap her arms around the young Crane, the flushing of his face bright enough to light the night.

Kyumi's demeanor changed almost immediately when Soshi Maru appeared. Her expression hardened at the sight of the Scorpion Woman taking hold of Kenichi. Even if she tried to hide it, her displeasure was immediately obvious.

"Let go of him." Kyumi would say. Her voice was steady, but only barely. "You are obviously distressing him with your familiarity. Why don't you behave less like a gaijin and more like the lady you supposedly are?" She watched with narrowed eyes to see what the scorpion woman's response would be; paying attention to any detail she could.

((Rolling Etiquette (5k3) and Investigate (5k3); Etiquette in hopes of not further upsetting Kenichi, and Investigate to see if Kyumi can figure out anything about Maru.

Etiquette = 32, Investigate = 18 ))  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:18 pm
@ Lioness Shenanigans:

Investigation result: Maru is probably not as sincere about Kenichi as she makes herself out to be.

Maru would pout at the harsh words thrown in her direction, but rather than respond to her, she would look(?) up at the taller Kenichi. "Do you hear the mean things she's saying about me, Kenichi-kun? The nerve of some people, speaking down to others like that..." Wrapping herself around his right arm, hugging it close to her chest, she would once more return her gaze(?) to Kyumi.

"Personally, Kenichi-kun, you could use a woman who isn't quite so bossy. One that is more keen on making a man happy instead. Doesn't that sound so much more enticing?" she would ask, accentuating her final word nigh seductively.

"I... I... I..." was all Kenichi was able to say in response.

"Wouldn't you rather come over to my tent, Kenichi-kun? And we can discuss samurai matters, like real civilized folk?"

((Soshi Maru's 6k3 seduction vs Asahina Kenichi's 5k3 etiquette = 23 vs 26))

"Well... uh... you see... Kyumi-san talked to me first, and... I wanted to..."

Kyumi's Etiqutte roll allowed Kenichi to negate (some of) his Coward penalty to allow him a roll to resist, which was successful!

... which was not what Maru apparently wanted to hear, as she suddenly pulled him close, pressing her lips to his suddenly to silence any further talk from him.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Raganui Minamoto rolled 3 10-sided dice: 10, 6, 9 Total: 25 (3-30)

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:24 pm
@ Jiujutsu Duel:

Rolling away from the punch, he'd come up to his feet and move back in, attempting to slug the drunk in the face. Apparently, he was getting more accurate, but his drunkenness still denied him from precise strikes.

3k3, 1 accuracy, 2 damage  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 5 10-sided dice: 2, 4, 4, 5, 6 Total: 21 (5-50)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:25 pm
Woot.

3k2

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:39 pm
@ Jiujustu Duel:

((If only I rolled as many 10's as you, Raga... if only...))

Zanzen's blow would roll off Susumu's cheek, and he would turn his head, eyes blazing with anger at the Crane. "YER PISSIN' ME OFF!" {8 damage, for a total of 13; Susumu is Grazed!}

He would be ready to throw down, Full Attacking with both free raises for accuracy now. This Crane was too wily to hit otherwise! Unless the GM started rolling well, that is. He tries to counter with a punch of his own to Zanzen's face. It would come scarily close, but still reeling from the previous blow, the wound penalty would throw his aim off.

Zanzen, initiative and 3 free raises!  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 3 10-sided dice: 2, 9, 10 Total: 21 (3-30)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:03 pm
@ Jiujustu Duel:

Barely stepping around that last attack, he'd aim another punch for the man's face. "It's not my fault if you have issues with getting hit. You shouldn't have come to a martial competition then." Get him mad and not thinking... this could come back to bite him hard.

3k3, 1 accuracy, 2 damage.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Raganui Minamoto rolled 5 10-sided dice: 4, 1, 6, 1, 8 Total: 20 (5-50)

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:05 pm
3k2

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:10 pm
@ Jiujutsu Duel:

Another blow to the face, and Susumu would reel from that one! {10 damage, 23 total; Susumu is Hurt!}

"STUPID b*****d! HOLD STILL!" Susumu would yell, throwing punch after wild punch in a hope to land something. He keeps his aggressive stance, hoping for a hit, any hit! Each blow comes dangerously close, but fail to hit the Crane!

((Every time his wound penalties go up, he finally exceeds the previous penalty. He KEEPS MISSING by 2 or 3 every round!))

Zanzen, initiative and 3 free raises!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:48 pm
Plainsfox
@Unicorn Tent

The Scorpion thought that this would be a perfect time to dispatch the woman, but it would be messy. Sayoko would be dealt with later, discretely if he could manage it, and there was still the matter of Gemmei. He would follow the Unicorn Shugenja out and would ask for his Katana back once they exited the tent.

The bushi could do whatever he damn well pleased, but the courtier would cheese it out of that tent like there was a run on crackers.

...Don't... don't think too hard on that analogy, Hisashi's author certainly didn't.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:02 am
@ Exiting Unicorn Tent:

Kojiro would be able to grab his katana on the way out.

Shinjo Gemmei would walk in silence until she got some distance away from the tent. If you beat a TN 10 perception/investigation or perception/hunting roll, either of you would tell that Gemmei isn't going towards the building of the Lore Competition, like she had claimed. Do you still walk with her?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Sutiiven rolled 4 10-sided dice: 8, 6, 5, 4 Total: 23 (4-40)

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:08 am
(Investigation 4k3, either way Hisashi continues to follow Gemmei out of curiosity mostly - be it for lack of visiting the lore competition or because he's just a nerd who likes hearing new information.)

(19)  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games