Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Out of Character Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:46 pm

SCN_ Grey_fox
Do you need our actions for the riding/running rounds?

I mean, it's not solely up to me, but my intent was for each of us to take a horse. I imagine that if the Goliath chases Valac (or if he stayed to fight and went down), we'd want the charismatic heroes on one horse, while Ruin grabs Valac's body while the guard hopefully gets distracted or talked down.

The downsides I see to us bringing the wagon is that if the Goliath is angry enough, she'll likely try to chase us down and try to board the wagon and that's all sorts of bad. We can run an individual horse faster in a pinch, but trying to "run" a wagon will probably result in a broken axle.

Thoughts?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:16 pm

There is only one horse and that is Abby's. The horses to the other wagons were driven away during the fighting. Though I suppose you might be able to find them in the forest if you wanted to look for them. However it would take more time then you have right now.

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:32 pm

Huh. So there is. I don't know why I thought there were two horses.

Crap. My plan's shot. Sorry about the confusion.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:21 am

How much HP does Revenge even have? Just worried this will be Raven Queen's third attempt at killing Revenge... sweatdrop

On modern and movie carts it is a pin that keep the horse connected to the cart(simple fix when the horse is back!) So, unless if Revenge wants to cut the horse free, and pull the cart to the closest cart-anic...

That said, Last time someone needed their body had to be moved, the DM ruled that grapple checks had to be thrown(Revenge fell to the dragonplant and Kuori tried to pull him back...) Now looking at the strengths of the characters, the one who would be best suited for that check would be Revenge with a +1 to the check...

I was thinking in terms stopping Kuori's sister, by pulling the same tactic they used in the last fight. Where Revenge Divine Challenged the soldier and hid safely behind Ruin..
--------------------------------------------
Gate keeper ] Ruin [Revenge
-------------------------------------------

Except this time they stand vanguards; Revenge(Twyla too) tries to talk her down, or goes choppy, choppy, with his long axe stick. As Valac is cared for by the Demi's.

What ever you choose, I will go along.
A. Horse, means we may get their faster,
B. Cart means we can pick up people on the way.
C. Join Kuori and drink to Valac's bravery!

(edited this post... I hope, I didn't just confuse people.

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:12 pm

More than 0, so enough hit points to help someone in need.

And I'm a bit lacking in my cart/carriage/wagon knowledge, so I appreciate it! I always thought there was a bit more complicated amount of barding involved for safety reasons, so I imagine it would have realistically taken a minute or so to undo. I didn't realize that releasing a horse was literally that easy sweatdrop

I say cart it is. Like I said before, I didn't realize there was only the one horse. I thought our cart must have been bigger than it was and pictured there being two horses for some reason. Maybe I'm too used to seeing horse-drawns being done so in sets of 2. sweatdrop

After I settle into my new job after New Years, I think my mind will stop being overworked. It's been very distracted lately.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:32 pm

I think considering the situation, we need to take the wagon. Because if we have to bring back Valac's unconscious body in a pinch, three tieflings won't fit on a horse.

DM, how can we best resolve my series of misunderstandings?

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:25 pm

It's not that big of a deal. I'll just treat you both as being in the wagon and have the horse start pulling the wagon forward this round. I'll do an update later this evening or possibly tomorrow.

Merry Christmas Everyone!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:58 am

So in my head:

Fumiyo, Petra, Kuori, Merric, Guards are group 1

Twyla, Ruin, Revenge are group 2

Demi monsters and Valac are group 3

Guard is group 4

Gate is group 5

--1-----2------------------3-------------4-----5

So we are relying on Valac passing a social check in order to prevent the deaths of several Demi-monsters or Kuori's sister?

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:16 am

Kuori, Petra, Arthur, Ying, Corsica, Abby and Fumiyo are back at the Arian Wagons with Merric and the town guards.

Twyla, Ruin, Revenge, Valac, Ramona, Illya, Sylvia, Shi, Seraphina, Dresden are up near the portal, they all reached each other at around the same time.

Anyone in the second group can make the check to try and stop the Demi monsters from moving forward to the gate, it doesn't have to be Valac.

Kuori could also try a diplomacy check to Convince Fumiyo to call the Demi monsters back.

I would also like to re-emphasis everyone was too far away to really see any details of Valc's fight so the only person who knows the goliath woman, who bares an uncanny resemblance to Kuori, transformed and attacked with tentacles is Valac, and he has yet to tell anyone about that.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:59 am

Kowsauni

I would also like to re-emphasis everyone was too far away to really see any details of Valc's fight so the only person who knows the goliath woman, who bares an uncanny resemblance to Kuori, transformed and attacked with tentacles is Valac, and he has yet to tell anyone about that.

Map you made started 720 feet from us based on the measurements you gave for how long it would take to arrive.
It was confirmed that we could see both the gate and the guard.

So why couldn't we see tentacls shooting out of said guard and lifting Valac, or see them launching 50ft closer to us to grab Valac?

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:39 am

For the purpose of hopefully not having Valac die I made portal easier to reach for that fight. In reality it was much further away. In an earlier post I stated that Valac and the goliath were too far away to visibly see details of the fight. Also Valac was running directly at the rest of the party when the Golaith tried to grab him with her tentacles from behind, so even if the details of the fight were visible no one would have been able to see her Tentacle reach do to the angle.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:30 am

Just wanted to let you guys know I made two posts so don't miss the first one on the end of the previous page.

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:52 pm

Is that new art I see?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:48 am

Afraid not, just some art I haven't posted in a while. There might be some new art for the Goliath in the future (provided she dosn't get killed) But its really hard for Alphabetfish to find time to draw these days being a full time mommy.

Kowsauni
Crew

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:03 am

PupSage

Mongooseh

Hey, its been a while. Now that the holidays are over I need to see a post from you guys!
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games