Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 4e] Unity
L5R - Unity - Chapter 1 - Winter Solstice Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Plainsfox rolled 8 10-sided dice: 7, 2, 7, 1, 9, 1, 4, 2 Total: 33 (8-80)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:48 am
Naohiko seemed to be digging quite the ditch for himself here. He would massage his forehead to help deal with the oncoming headache. "Forgive me. I mean no offense. We are not in contact with the rest of Rokugan in the way you think we should be. Despite the beauty of our island, we rarely receive visitors from the other clans, let alone other minor clans. In addition, it takes roughly a season to receive a letter and then respond to it. Furthermore, our contacts on the mainland are minimal. Our ability to gain timely information about events is....wanting. Thus, we are stuck with the tales of brave minor clan warriors that have come before us."

The Kraken then pondered the contents of his cup before speaking further. "For the Kraken's own part, we follow our founder's father's path. We have some skill at dueling and we are encouraged to craft and create. My own talents are with origami.Himura Gendo-san's are with the forge. Our peasants fish delectable, yet dangerous fish, our miners dig for interesting gems, and our farmers grow food."

The Himura bushi then set down his cup and addressed Ichi and Denbe individually. "If you would permit another question, Usagi-san and Morito-san...What do you think we should know? We would appreciate a warning before another blunder may be comitted."

Awareness/Etiquette 5k3 (5 dice rolled, 3 to handle explosions)
Raises called: 1 to reinforce the fact that Naohiko's ignorance stems from isolation.
Results: 23-5(For raise)=18  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 8 10-sided dice: 4, 1, 3, 9, 8, 2, 8, 5 Total: 40 (8-80)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:55 pm
"A fish out of sea
Bewildered about the land
Both sides share their thoughts."

Gendo would mutter quietly to himself.

Awareness/Poetry - 5k3
9+8+4 = 21  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:40 pm
"The latter, yes." she responded with a little laugh, conceding the point and curious at the idea that people might give gifts to win her hand. Well... Kioko's hand. Kaichiyo certainly wasn't important enough for that, pretty as their island was, and she was just fine with that. The idea of suitors was horrifying enough without a bunch of useless trinkets being added to it.

Her hands moved, one up towards the stroking hand tracing lightning across her nerves, and one down to her obi, but both stopped mid-track at the question, an odd contrast to the heated breath washing over her neck. Turned on and revolted at the same time. This was new. Her expression shifted to one of mild consternation as she twisted to look at the bold Crane princess. "Huh? What on earth gave you that impression? I can see how he would have worth as a warrior, but enthusiasm alone does not make a good lover. Not even enthusiasm for me alone, I hear. That Agasha called me... what was it... number twelve? How romantic. Though I am curious what brought the matter to your attention."  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:24 pm
@ Naohiko, Gendo:

"Oof, that's a tricky one," Denbe would say, bringing a hand to his chin and looking thoughtful. "Let me think..."

Time would pass in silence, perhaps more than Naohiko and Gendo would like. Ichi herself seemed to grow impatient, turning her head slightly and peering at Denbe out of the corner of her eye. Izo would bark twice, and Setsuna would chime in with a bark of his own.

"Well, if I were to advise anything... it's to show initiative at court. You are new to court, yes? You are expected to stumble. Even practiced courtesans are left wanting when watching their betters ply their trade. You must reach out to attempt befriending your fellow samurai, rather than expect them to do so first. If the game of Go had naught but white stones and both players waited for the other to make the first move, no games would ever be played."

Denbe would frown, then sort of shrug. "Unless you meant, something more specific? Then if I were to suggest anything... Now, I wouldn't speak ill of our host, but I'd definitely advise against your princess from ever being alone with her."

Denbe would then turn to smile at Gendo. "That was well said. Are you looking forward to the poetry competition, if they decide to hold one?"

--------------------

@ Kaichiyo:

Kioko would scoff under her breath. "Interesting. I was the first he approached, but I immediately dismissive of him. I hadn't realized the courtiers were keeping score... but to answer your concern, word is that you have not yet sent him packing and were receptive to his advances. A rumor I am happy to have dispelled. The last thing I wanted to compete with is a pining heart."

Kioko would move closer, one arm sliding around the Kraken princess and joining her hand at her obi, moving to encourage its removal. "Men are horrible, both due to their shortsightedness, and to their capacity for senselessness. Him especially with all the horrible atrocities he's committed. But I tire of the Spider. All I desire is now is the strength and beauty that is femininity."

Kaichiyo would feel the soft press of the Crane's lips against the nape of her neck.

"... I admit, my motivations for inviting you here might not be as selfless as I may have led you to believe..." Guiding Kaichiyo's left hand closer to her mouth, she would kiss her palm, before giving an affectionate nibble upon the tip of her finger.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:18 pm
"I dabble a bit in some few spare moments I gain." He'd frown afterwards, thinking on what he meant by not letting Kaichiyo be with Kioko alone.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:56 am
With a smile, Naohiko would comment, " I think your secret is that you've learned the connection between smithing and poetry and simply hammer words in to where they need to be, Gendo-san."

The smile was then replaced with a concerned look. Naohiko had several ideas on what was going on with Kioko and Kaichiyo at the moment....but the follow up question was probably expected. Mentally, he was ramming his head against a pillar because Kaichiyo was alone with Kioko.... "Why should Himura-hime not be left alone with Doji-hime? Doji-hime seems to be the model Crane..."  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:05 pm
@ Gendo, Naohiko:

Denbe would give a worried look when Naohiko pressed the issue, like he hadn't expected him to. "You like to ask me difficult questions, Naohiko-san. Especially ones where I would be poorly situated to respond plainly."

Naohiko (and Gendo, if you like), you'll have to make an opposed Courtier roll against Denbe to get him to tell you bad things about the Crane princess in the Crane's own castle that has paper walls.

Denbe would give a concerned look to Ichi, who turned to meet it with one of her own. The Hare would sigh and turn around to face the table once again. "You men are idiots and are going to get yourselves in trouble," she would comment with distaste in her voice. Her arms crossed before her, she would then elaborate matter-of-factly: "There has been some word spreading that there are hostilities rising between the Lion and Crane, which have stemmed from their lead Matsu delegate spending considerable amounts of time with the person in question. There are verbal implications that said Matsu may be a prisoner."

"And..." Denbe would say, gesturing with one hand for the Hare to continue.

"And?" Ichi would say, giving the Ox a sideways glance.

"Paper walls. Cover your bases."

"Right, right," Ichi would respond, a bit annoyed. Coughing quietly into one hand, she would then add, "Of course, this is just heresay," as a sort of disclaimer.

"On the off-chance that there's any truth to this, you should definitely take measures against being drawn into a possible conflict that you would not survive." Denbe would definitely look concerned, an expression that would match the ominous tone his words carried.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:44 pm
Well, that settled that. As if the touching and kissing hadn't made it obvious already, having the intentions directly stated banished any uncertainty she might have held. It was... shocking, to say the least. That anyone would feel the same way she did, much less someone so important. Kioko may have seemed rather well-controlled and methodical about all this, but the little Kraken Princess' cheeks were burning bright and mind clouding fast, as one does when their wildest fantasy was suddenly coming true without warning. Was she pretty enough? She may not have been pale and soft like these mainland girls, but she was certainly in decent shape, slender, fit, and lithe. Feminine in a sense, surely. At least good enough to get kisses.

"W-well, it seemed safe to assume it wasn't for a medical examination, but I didn't think I would meet someone who shared my... tastes." Unable to properly think straight, she found her hand quickly following the 'suggestion' being given to it, slipping her obi free of its tie and letting it unwind around her waist. Though it was a strange, dizzying sensation to be exposed in front of someone who actually enjoyed what they were seeing, as opposed to the little secret enjoyment she got out of the women's washroom... well... she was already in for a zeni, may as well go in for the whole pound, which meant shifting their collective grasp to Kioko's obi next. She wasn't about to be the only one naked here, status be damned.  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:42 pm
Naohiko took a deep drink of what remained of his tea and shut his eyes, trying to marshal his thoughts and hold back his irritation at the situation. If the Kraken could, he'd yell out more profanities than the fishermen on the docks back at home. The bushi set the teacup down and let out a deep breath. "I'm grateful that you two have chosen to take us in confidence with such things. I'm sorry if the questions I've asked trouble you. If I feel I did not need the answers in order to do my duty to my princess, I would not have asked them. I think I have the read of things now."

With a resigned slump, Naohiko would ask what he thought was an easier question. "What can we do for you?"  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:10 pm
@ Naohiko, Gendo:

Denbe would contort his face slightly at the last question. "Why does anything have to be done? If I didn't have friend Gendo-san here to contrast you, you'd be painting your clan as a paranoid lot, Naohiko-san. Just... be. If you're leaving this room feeling like you're at all beholden to me, then I've failed in my duties as a courtier and have shamed my sensei. My intent was... more tea?" Denbe would interrupt himself noting the emptiness of Naohiko's cup, then making the same offer to Gendo. After sprinkling tea leaves and filling the cup with heated water, including his own, he would continue his train of thought. "... was to build an initial rapport with you. No strings attached. If you don't even desire the company of an Ox, you never have to look at my face again. You are beings of free will, and completely empowered to decide who you choose to interact with."

--------------------

@ Kaichiyo:

While Kaichiyo's cheeks would flush and redden, as she got a better, closer look at Kioko, she would find her royal companion to be lacking a similar reaction. If anything, she seemed... surprised, her thin lips slightly pursed.

"Share your... Kaichiyo, is this something you've really wanted?" the Crane would say, holding Kaichiyo's hand in her own firmly, Kioko's rich blue eyes studying hers as if trying to read something from her.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:36 pm
"Perhaps he's still wary due to recent events. Please, excuse him." Gendo spoke quietly, nodding as the tea warmed him. Looking over at Ichi, he speaks again. "I do apologize about our first meeting, again. If you'll accept, I'll be using any free days coming up to make sure I do not grow rusty, and I'll prepare a small gift for you."  
Plainsfox rolled 8 10-sided dice: 9, 9, 1, 9, 1, 7, 7, 5 Total: 48 (8-80)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:39 pm
Naohiko would bow deeply, his face red with embarrassment. "Forgive me. Perhaps I'm taking things more seriously than they should be. As it stands, I do want to be here right now, having tea with you all. I look forward to meeting both of you again. As a matter of fact, I think I may take in a play later. Would any of you care to join me?"

OOC:
Awareness/Courtier 5k3 w/ 3 dice to handle explosions
Reason: The Kabuki play sounded like fun, dammit
Results: 27  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:14 pm
Oh for the love of- of course there would be mixed signals! Nothing could ever be simple! The bold Princess quickly lost much of her confidence and froze, worried expression showing how much she had no idea how to interpret Kioko's reaction. Maybe it was just experience that kept the signs of arousal away. Maybe she just needed a bit more effort to start getting excited. "Mmhm. I've never found men attractive. It's like you said, femininity is where true beauty lies. And the refined, graceful, perfected form of a duelist most gorgeous of all. I've... never been with a woman before, but if that's your worry, I can assure you I am quite familiar with how our bodies work."  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:49 pm
@ Gendo, Naohiko:

Responding to Gendo, Ichi would shrug when he explained about Naohiko. "To be fair, I would probably be on edge if I had a scary guy like that Mantis shadowing me all the time too." Waving dismissively, she would redden somewhat. "N-no, I don't need any gifts. I'm not a gifty kind of girl."

"Play? Well, that does... Wait, what? What did you just say, Ichi?" Denbe would ask, putting the kettle down and giving the Hare a concerned look.

"That guy... Shohei, I think? I mean, you haven't really been in a position to notice him, Denbe, but surely these two have. Right?" Ichi would ask the two Kraken, gesturing to you with a wave of the hand.

--------------------

@ Kaichiyo:

"Never found..." Kioko would repeat, before she would grimace, gritting her teeth angrily and closing her eyes. Turning from Kaichiyo and burying her face in her hands, she would inhale sharply, then let out a muffled scream of frustration.

"KAMI DAMNIT!" she would say aloud, then once more, "KAMI DAMNIT!" Lifting her face and glaring at Kaichiyo with rage-filled eyes and reddened cheeks, the Crane princess would then yell at her in a voice that wasn't as sing-songy as before, "I don't give a damn about your familiarity or assurances! I don't give a damn about your consent! It's worthless to me, and you're worthless to me! I am Doji Kioko, and I will have my way!"

Pointing at the door to her chamber, with frustrated tears now rolling down her face, she would command, "OUT! GET OUT!"  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox rolled 6 10-sided dice: 6, 3, 2, 3, 2, 5 Total: 21 (6-60)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:41 pm
Naohiko nodded to Ichi. " Shohei of the Yoritomo, aye? I think he's Satoko's flunky. It's no wonder she'd have one of hers follow us, given Yoritomo-san's grudge against our princess. It's nothing to worry about." The Kraken bushi's thoughts were now following the ramifications of what Shohei following him around meant and decided on a course of action. He had an idea...it probably was not ideal, but it could work. With that in mind, he turned his attentions back to the individuals in the room.

"You say you're not a gifty girl, Usagi-san, but perhaps a little token like this guy here might be acceptable." Naohiko would again proffer the little bunny bushi to her. (reminder TN: 38 Qualities: Cute, Bunnyish)

OOC:
Awareness/Sincerity w/ 1 void point spent for trained use, 4k3 w/2 diceto handle explosions
Reason: to not give the impression he didn't know Shohei was following him.
Results: 12  
[L5R 4e] Unity

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games