Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 3 - Glimmers in the Dark (Main Roleplay) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Southern Cross Nemesis rolled 1 20-sided dice: 17 Total: 17 (1-20)

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:45 pm
Quote:
The party could see in a half-constructed fort in the distance in which Fumiyo would indicate as Light's Stand. "I'm sorry I can't get you much closer but I do not want anyone to observe us teleporting here. In the fort, there is the goliath who was rescued from the retreating Underdark forces. That is the best lead I could find at this time. I believe he might have some answers to what happened to your people. I will try to get in touch when I can. Until then, I wish you the best of luck."

Fumiyo would do a small bow before vanishing back into the shadows

(Changed her words to dark blue, from white)

"Shadow fox said she would check up on us when she could. At the moment, she has her hands full with building up a Fort and keeping it hidden from these very soldiers. Through thee shadow plane she would be transversing to reach us." Handing his drink back to Vivian, with a motion that she could drink it if she wanted.

Before continuing with Lydia. "My offer is for your information, apparently after a nap, when Fox appears to check upon us. If it is in person, I will walk back here with her to you. Like how Dietrich did for us. If it is through other means, I will tell her where you will be found, and come back to make introductions. "

Diplomacy 26  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:14 pm
Lydia would let out sigh. "Well, I suppose your word will have to be enough; usually I require more monetary means for my information, but I will gamble for a chance to be returned to my former self."

As Kuori goes to leave, Lydia would speak to her. "Oh, retiring so soon? I figured you of all people would be most interested in what I have to say. I told you some of your people are safe in my old abode, but the rest are in a much different situation. They are being held in a city of mindflayers, the same city those soldiers from the surface now march towards. They are being kept strangely unspoiled for reasons unknown, but I have some ideas."  

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:01 pm
Revenge would shift where he stood, his armor clanking softly. His tail would reflexively twitch, and more audibly clunk against the wall he stood by.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:42 am
"How far away is this 'Flayer City? in what direction? and is there a horse cart with a horse nearby?" Ruin would ask,  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:08 am
"Ah, that depends upon how you travel. With a brisk pace and someone who knows the way, you could reach the city gates in the better part of three days. Though, by faster means, you might be able to complete the journey in just two. I'm afraid the path is a little too perilous for horses and you will find nothing like that left in this city at this point. Though, I do have some connections where I could arrange alternate forms of transportation."

((Kuori knows the best way to get around this part of the underdark is on large riding lizards.))

"The real question is, what you are going to do once you get there? Storm the gates? Their failed military campaign has left them severely weakened, but they are far from helpless. A group as small as yourself would quickly be defeated if you tired to brute force your way in." Lydia would flash a mischievous grin "...If only there was a secret path into their city and someone happened to know that information."  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:44 pm
Someone has got to teach me, how to tell time down here.

"... Yeah, if only ... I have more than a few coins, I would be willing to part with had there were such a person that knew of this secret path... shame." Ruin would state playfully feinting around her meaning. With a shrug, he would turn to Dietrich. "It looks like we are going to stay here for a rest, you mind showing me where your water is? I would like to wash up and fill my waterskin before settling in for the night."  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:26 am
Kuori would wave off the mindflayer statement with a, "Already figured that out when we saw the dead one by the ale house." Propping herself up against a wall in the hall for the rest of the conversation. "Lizards are better than horses down here, then again, horses are pretty useless down here for anything byt meat, so that isn't saying much. I've seen a few giant spiders tamed in my day. Scales tend to ride a little better on the thighs than spider bristles I imagine."

Does she honestly think we were just going to storm the gates? Obviously this is a stealth op until we can get numbers on our side. She thought to herself. "Secret tunnel, sounds great, you know what sounds better right now? A bed and some time without a mass of metal pulling down on my shoulders. Can we table this for a bit?"  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:08 pm
Lydia seemed a bit surprised by Kuori comments. "Tamed spiders? Why, I wouldn't trust anyone with my pets. No, I was referring to obtaining some lizards mounts to speed you on your way. But anyways, If you wish to continue our conversation later that is fine. You are free to use any of the bedrooms upstairs that are open. All I ask is that you do not disturb my other companions as they come and go about there work."

Dietrich would respond to Ruin's request. "I'm m'fraid supplies like that isa bit of a premium at t'minute. We don have water for bathin n stuff, ere. But I can fill yer waterin skin. Ifa its just yer hand in face ye wish to clean I cana get a cloth in bowl."

As the party heads up stairs to the rooms, they can see the place is a bit of a mess. Random supplies and scavenged goods pack the hallway and the walls are scratched and broken. Several of the doors to the guest rooms are shut but three remain open. At the end of the hallway a a desk piled high with books stood one of the most bizarre creatures the party had ever seen. Extending from its barrel like body were three arms and three legs with a large mouth on the top of it head filled with dagger like teeth. One of its three eyes glanced briefly at the party before returning to its books. Upon seeing this creature, Irene quickly retrieved her sketchpad and began to draw. under her breath she comments. "What interesting anatomy. I wonder what he looks like on the inside."  

Kowsauni
Crew

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:04 pm
"In that case, don't worry about it." Ruin would state. Before filing himself upstairs.

"Irene and Vivian with Kuori? Ilikan and Valac, with Revenge?" he asked the group.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:23 pm
Kowsauni
"You are free to use any of the bedrooms upstairs that are open. All I ask is that you do not disturb my other companions as they come and go about there work."

Before venturing upstairs, Revenge would speak up.

"Pardon me. My name is Revenge, I am a paladin in service to Sehanine. So I don't jeopardize any arrangements with my allies, I have to verify with you first. Regarding these companions of yours, will their presence be an issue with someone of a holy order such as mine, or my presence be upsetting to them? You need not go into details as I am not one for prying, but I'd rather curtail any issues now to keep the status quo."  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:17 am
Lydia would simply smile and respond. "There should be no issue unless you decide to make one. As my guests, they will not bother you, and I ask that you don't bother them. Like me, most of them our outcasts, and might have a chip or two on their shoulders, but they just want to live their own lives. Keep an open mind, but I imagine that shouldn't be an issue since you are already talking to me."  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:26 pm
As Ruin starts down the hall, Kuori starts walking so as not to block the way. "And you by yourself so that the rest of us can avoid the smell? Sounds like a plan. Should still set up a watch though, and it sounds like you are volunteering for first go by your count."  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:47 pm
Ruin would vocally ignore the smell comment, but his tail twitched with his annoyment. "Works for me. Vi wants me to meet a devil named Tearrag, anyhow... I can do both, a the same time."  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:05 am
Revenge would offer a polite smile to Lydia, and bow his head slightly. "Just making sure. Ma'am," he'd say, before joining the others up the stairs.

At the top when trying to figure out the rooms, Revenge would make a face. "Valac and Ilikan aren't the smallest bodies. You're not taking a room by yourself, so take your pick of who you want to share lodging with," Revenge would say to Ruin.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:20 am
"Fine ... but if I had to ... " Ruin would say as he tapped his chin for a moment, before motioning to his pic. "... You, Revenge."  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games