Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 4e] Unity
L5R - Unity - Chapter 1 - Winter Solstice Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Paidi tou Selini rolled 4 10-sided dice: 8, 1, 7, 10 Total: 26 (4-40)

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:00 pm
Shock! Distress! Willpower!

And just like that her dreams shattered into tiny little pieces. She watched the bizarre outburst play out before her with confusion predominating, colored at first by worry, then by pain, and finally ending in an upset glare that mixed all three and then some. Part of her imagined her attacker from earlier, and how good it felt to cut the evil thing down. Making up for the mistake of something clearly just as evil in the guise of an honorable clan samurai. How good it would feel to cut her down too. But no... this was merely a personal insult. She still had the survival of her clan to consider, and if she was worthless to a madwoman, well... so be it. Shocked as she was at this reveal, and worried at how it might affect the coming days at court, she couldn't help but feel a little grateful she hadn't been led on for longer.

Have her way... 'Well let me know when you make up your mind on what that is.' is what she wanted to say, but the stress of the situation was simply too much, so with a burning chest and head held high, she gathered up her obi, refastened her kimono, and sang a dirge while she gracefully departed.

"If this is to end in fire~ ♫
Then we should all burn together~ ♪
Raise a glass of wiiiiiine~ ♫
For the last time~ ♪ "

[Raw Willpower 2k2 vs. TN 15 = 9]  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:57 pm
"Why can't people just be friendly with each other, instead of needing some way to stroke their own sense of worth to compensate?"  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:14 pm
Pending acceptance or dismissal of the Bushibunny, Naohiko would state, "Present company excepted, Gendo-san?" Naohiko says with a smile. This smile disappears as he continues. "People will act as their drives dictate, and sometimes the last thing they want is to be friendly."

Naohiko would shrug. "But be that as it may, Do you three still want to see a play? We've got the day free."  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:30 am
"Hmm?" He looks up from his tea. "They are friendly, are they not? My words were more musing on those that held ill will towards others."

Scratching Setsuna's ear idly, he would think on Naohiko's question. "I have spent enough time today that it would be rather ill advised to start a project of my own, so I see no reason to not accompany you."  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:14 pm
@ Kaichiyo:

As Kaichiyo would leave, Daidoji that have not already made themselves scarce would do so. As soon as you were past the threshold of her room, you would hear a frustrated cry of anger as some of the art pieces would get purposely smashed. It would stop after the fifth or sixth piece though, and as you neared the end of the hall, Kioko's voice would speak once more, her voice carrying on the air like music.

"Kaichiyo-san~" she would say, interrupting Kaichiyo's song. If Kaichiyo were to turn around, she would see Kioko standing in her doorway, strands of hair messily out of place, her kimono loose and unkempt, her eyes wild with a darkness that made her unable to focus her pupils directly at Kaichiyo - all contrasting the eerie calm in the Princess's voice. But only if she turned around.

"If you breathe a word of this to anyone, I'll know immediately, and I'll see to it that even if you do leave here in one piece, you have no home to return to. I hope I make myself clear."

Then she would slide her door slowly shut, and no other sounds would be heard.

--------------------

@ Naohiko, Gendo:

Naohiko, you do the calm, 'oh I knew he was there the whoooole time' shtick. (Gendo, you've known Naohiko a while and you can tell he's lying through his teeth).

Everyone looks at you silently. Ichi stares. Denbe stares. Izo would stare. Gendo likely stares. Setsuna... well, Setsuna stared up at Gendo, but when does he not?

Gendo would be the first to break the silence, with Ichi respond to him, "I think it's a guy thing, honestly."

Ichi would then see the offered origami figure being offered by Naohiko, turning her gaze up to him. "Y'wha? What does this have to do with anything?" she would say, her voice betraying her lack of appreciation.

"It's a gift, Ichi," Denbe would explain to her. "A particularly well-made one at that."

"What am I supposed to do with it?"

"You're supposed to accept it. And appreciate the thought and effort he put into it."

"Okay?" She would extend both hands, palms up, before her for him to deposit the origami figure in. If placed in her hands, she would force a smile.

Denbe would facepalm, sighing in frustration.

"What of your charge, Himura Kaichiyo? Would it not be at least courteous to invite her along as well, or at least get her permission to temporarily be discharged from your duty as yojimbo?"  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:26 pm
The origami crafter would place the bunnybushi into Ichi's hands. Better than nothing. Naohiko thought. Normally, Naohiko would try something like gently brushing his hand against Ichi as he gave her the bunny, but it seems like that was a step too far right now.

As to their princess, the Kraken would comment, "Himura-hime wished to attend a matter alone for the moment.I can see if she is done and would wish to join us, if you like."

With their approval, Naohiko would set off in search of the princess.
If given leave to do so, he would watch out for the Mantis following him, but made sure to look as if he was still wandering through the castle, as inattentive as always.

OOC:
Perception/Investigation roll made in OOC
Raises called: 1 to look like he isn't paying attention
Results (with raise): 19  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:27 pm
Gendo would just nod towards Naohiko. "Just keep an ear open." He'd then just continue to sip his tea, thumb moving to scratch Setsuna's chinny chin chin.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:32 pm
Evil to the core, that she even had to get in a last word threat. Kaichiyo wasn't dumb enough to believe it of course, nor did she interrupt her song or look back to acknowledge it. She knew just how many ears there were around a Crane castle, but her encounter with that Mantis yesterday allowed her to hold out some faith that not all Crane here were so utterly devoid of class and honor. Kioko didn't have as many ears as she imagined, but the rejected little Princess couldn't be sure which ears were which. This situation still required caution. Patience.

"And as the fire burns then I will cover my eyes~ ♪
For when the dark returns then my brothers will die~ ♪
And as the sky is falling down it crashed into this lonely town,
And with that shadow upon the ground I hear my people screaming out,
I see fire~♫"

It took her the length of the song to calm down, at least a little. But she recognized she needed a distraction 'lest it overwhelm her again, so she immediately headed off to the infirmary. She had a Dragon to check up on. Every ally was precious, even more so now than ever before.  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:34 am
@ Kaichiyo:

You have no difficulty getting to the infirmary! Several people are talking when you arrive.

"With all due respect, Aritomo-san... you are an idiot," one woman's voice would say, a softness to her tone.

"I have to agree with her, m'fraid. A totally bad-a** idiot, but still an idiot," another woman would say, her voice deeper and gruffer, though it seemed to carry a hint of amusement in it.

When you would enter, Aritomo would be still bandaged up, lying upon a cot, a smug look on his face. The two women would be dressed in Dragon clan colors, their backs to you at first. One had brown hair tied into an intricate braid to halfway down her back; the other's head was completely shaved. They both wore fine kimono, though the posturing of the bald woman was more agitated than the other, as if she was uncomfortable.

"Oh! Kaichiyo-san!" Aritomo would say, spotting you, causing the two women to turn around. "You're just in time for my heckling. How fortuitous!"

The brown-haired woman had a fair complexion and a thin face, though her bright brown eyes seemed a bit widened with surprise at your sudden presence. "So this is 'Kaichiyo'?" she would ask, looking back to Aritomo for some sort of visual confirmation, a certain emphasis in your name that carries some sort of unknown implication. From your angle, you don't see him give any.

The bald woman's face was a bit rounder with a angry-looking brow, though she would raise one eyebrow in uncertainty. "Yeah, I don' know who zat is. I take it yer friends with Ari-kun?"

"Please don't call me that in front of guests," Aritomo would say aloud, his expression souring.

"I'll take yer request under consid'ration," she would sneer mischievously.

--------------------

@ Naohiko:

You excuse yourself and begin searching for Kaichiyo.

You don't see nor hear any sign of Shohei.

You will eventually hear Kaichiyo singing, but she's on the move, so it'll take her a post or two until you find her.

--------------------

@ Gendo:

"Your clanmate seems charming enough. Energetic, even," Denbe would muse a minute after Naohiko left.
"I take it that he's unwed, the way he carries on. If he doesn't have anything arranged for himself yet, would you like me to see if I can arrange for him to meet with someone, to see if they hit it off?"

"So, seriously, what am I supposed to do with this?" Ichi would ask, her hands still outstretched, the origami bunny still resting upon them. She seemed transfixed and completely clueless about it.

"... probably not her." Denbe would add.

"Hmm?" she would ask, lot looking away.

"Oh, nothing."  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:05 pm
Gendo just looks between the two, looking thoughtful. "You are correct in your assumption. As for your offer..." He looks down at Setsuna for a second. "Why not? It may keep him out of trouble."  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:39 pm
Naohiko would pick up the pace when he heard the singing. He would walk briskly now, perhaps on the verge of a jog. He still did his best to keep aware of any potential ambush as he did so though. Between Shohei and the mahotsukai, things were....off.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:06 am
It was safe to say she was... relatively calmed by the time she reached the infirmary. At least calm enough to stop singing once her song was complete. Perhaps only slightly on the verge of tears. Something the 'courtier' nature with which the hair'd woman spoke her name threatened to brim over, but she managed to keep her composure for the moment, addressing the problem with her usual boisterous cheerfulness.

"Aye, Himura Kaichiyo, at your service. Aritomo-san and I are only recently acquainted, but I think our brisk dip in those seasonal waters has made us fast friends! Wouldn't you say?" she responded with a bow, matching Aritomo's grin. "I see the battle scars are already attracting the ladies. Way to go~ I trust that means your recovery is going well?"  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:26 pm
@ Kaichiyo:

"Perhaps. Though, to be fair, it pales in comparison to how quickly Uo-san and I got acquainted," Aritomo would say with a smart-a** grin. "Although my friends here were merely checking up on me."

"Darlin', trust me; if we monks were 'llowed to have a type, he ain't my type. Couldn't even beat up a damned fish," the bald woman would say, waving off the idea with a turn of her head. Returning her gaze to Kaichiyo, the woman would then punch her right fist into her left palm, a small burst of fire exploding from the impact before snuffing out. Though it was for the briefest moment, Kaichiyo would see a glow on the inferno-themed tattoos upon her hands. "Togashi Yoshike," she would say, bowing to Kaichiyo as a martial artist would.

"..." The remaining woman would remain silent, staring intently at Kaichiyo. A TN 20 Awareness/Iaijutsu would let Kaichiyo know that she's being sized up.

"Ostu-chan, it ain't like ya t' be shy. Go on, introduce yerself" Yoshike would tell her.

"..."

"Otsune, don't," Aritomo would say, his tone dropping to one of seriousness.

"I know, but... Senzo doesn't have to know, right? I... really want this." The woman, Otsune, would fidget as she eyed Kaichiyo up and down one last time.

Yoshike would facepalm, and Aritomo's brow would furrow in frustration. "What my incredibly rude friend is trying to say, is that her name is Mirumoto Otsune, and it's her pleasure to make your-

"Please, will you have a duel with me?!" Otsune suddenly blurted out, clenched fists balled at her chest in hopeful, her face slightly flushed.

--------------------

@ Gendo:

Denbe would begin cleaning up after the tea was finished, while Ichi places the origami on the table, still looking at it.

"As for you, Gendo-san, would you like to schedule morning dog walks with me? Since you're good with animals, I imagine it could be fun. Izo always enjoys the company of more people, especially dog lovers like you and I." Petting the top of Izo's head, Denbe would look to Gendo for acceptance of his offer.

Outside of his master's gaze, Izo's upper lip would begin to raze, angrily baring his teeth at Gendo but making no sound.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:24 pm
And there it was. This person had yet to hear of 'The Incident'. Still, best be... diplomatic about this. "Perhaps. A lot depends on how long it takes for me to finally adjust to the timing of the sun in this lovely part of Rokugan." He looks down at his dog. "Also, when Setsuna-kun here decides he requires them."  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Paidi tou Selini rolled 9 10-sided dice: 10, 8, 7, 6, 6, 5, 8, 8, 2 Total: 60 (9-90)

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:01 am
"Uwaaa! That was so cool! A Togashi Tattooed Monk in the flesh then, and with the best introduction, truly my day is complete~" she practically sang, not noticing the Mirumoto girl's 'condition' at first as she excitedly threw herself into the moment. Especially when it came to helping out her new friend's reputation, "Ah, but you should have seen the fish! Biggest Marlin I have ever seen, with razor fins and musculature carved from the tide-hewn rocks of the province's toughest cliffside. This was a Nodachi Fish! And were it not for the deathly frozen chill of the water he would have taken it, hands down."

Though when she took a moment to breathe, and upon hearing Aritomo's sudden shift to serious tone entirely uncharacteristic of what she'd seen of him so far, she finally noticed the look in that woman's eyes, and knew it easily and immediately for what it was. The look of a duelist. Her body immediately tensed up, smile fading ever so slightly to nervousness. After Maho Tsukai and Kioko working in expert concert to make her day as miserable as possible, anything as potentially aggressive as that quickly put her on edge. At the mention of that troublesome Kitsuki she was almost driven back into song, but the antsy... adorable nature of Otsune's anticipation held it back. Instead that final blurting revealed the truth of the matter, and her nervousness broke at once into a little gigglefit of laughter.

"Bwahahaha! Aaaah... y'know what? Yes I will. This is just what I need today." she chirped back in sing-song tone, placing a hand on bicep and pumping a fist in stretching fashion with an eager grin. Though the back her of mind couldn't help but wonder if this was a bad idea. Whether she would end up seriously hurting the poor girl if she imagined it was Kioko her sword was cutting. She already nearly bisected one 'person' today.

[Awareness/Iaijutsu 6k3 vs. TN 20
Roll = 10+8, 8, 7, 6, 6, 5 = 33]  
[L5R 4e] Unity

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games