Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Gryffindor Common Room
Gryffindor Common Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you have your password?
Yes! Right here!
60%
 60%  [ 49 ]
No, I lost it D:
12%
 12%  [ 10 ]
I stole someone's password >:D
27%
 27%  [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 81

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:23 pm
User ImageUser Image
Richard Indigo Devereux
First Year Gryffindor
Conditional Family Heir

Location : Gryffindor Common Room

Richard had been rather glued to his book. He hadn’t even noticed Esther or anyone else in the room. It wasn’t until he heard her voice that he pulled himself out of his textbook. “Oh… yeah, I have a thing for astronomy.” He commented sheepishly as he rubbed the back of his head. Smiling over at Essie, he closed his book. “If it helps I’m behind on just about everything else.” He added knowing that wasn’t great as far as his track record went. He recalled that she had double the work load that he did. “Besides you’re pretty busy with your other studies too and I doubt you’re behind in everything like I am right?” Richard said believing that he was accurate in saying so.

With : Esther

Attire : Gryffindor Uniform

OCC : - - -

mc2

Not afraid to be different!
                                                  Well isn't that refreshing!
                                                  Your family may be Slytherin, but I think you'll find your way in...
                                                  Gryffindor!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:31 am
User Image
x✞ Esther Charity Spencer ✞ Essie ✞xxxxx
xxxx
Time: 2033-2034
Dressed: simply
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Essie smiled as Rich confessed to have a thing for astronomy, "I know who to ask for astronomy notes or help if I ever need them then. I can always help if you need it in other classes... though I'm not sure if I'm that great, being new to this whole magic thing and..." She trailed off not deciding to mention that a small part of her feared that her father was just saving his wrath about her being a witch. She had to beg to go to Hogwarts and even now she suspected he gave in just to get her out of sight out of mind. No use having a witch possibly ruining his home more than necessary. It was why she worked so hard on her Bible studies and dutifully sent them (even if it was by an owl) to her father every week to look over.

"Studying the Bible isn't work though," Esther said. She wasn't entirely convinced of that, but her mother and father said it all the time, and she was 90 percent sure they were right. She enjoyed reading the Bible and finding out God's wonders and miracles and get guidance from God by reading the Bible. Who better to lead her in her decisions in life than the omnipotent, omnipresent, all-knowing God. "It is actually kind of fun. Father always made sure my siblings and I worked hard so the homework isn't a big deal. When he home schooled us when we were on our mission trip in South Africa I had way more homework than this." She paused and said, "Not that I'm bragging or anything. I like having time to explore the castle and read for fun and stuff."

------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                      A creative type eager for the path not taken?
                                      And adventure that verges nearly on being reckless.
                                      I know exactly what to do with you...

Gryffindor!

{OoC: }
                                      murruelecreuset

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:00 pm
User ImageUser Image
Richard Indigo Devereux
First Year Gryffindor
Conditional Family Heir

Richard smiled back at her when she commented on knowing who to go to. He supposed she was right. He loved the stars, the moon, really anything to do with the sky. Just not flying in it, that part he couldn’t handle. Now feet firmly planted on the ground he could do. Not that he didn’t like heights or flying he just wasn’t much of a fan unless he was watching Quidditch. “Yeah anytime, maybe you can give me a hand in history.” He said brightly.

When Essie trailed off Richard wondered what she could possibly be thinking. Though he quickly dismissed his wonder when she mentioned that bible studies wasn’t work. “It’s good thinking like that. He prepared you for all the work we’ll have through school.” He said before adding. “I was homeschooled before coming here and I don’t exactly have the best work ethic. Though, I suppose I could be worst. At least I won’t fail astronomy.” Richard smiled. At least he’d get one class above average.

“What was it like in South Africa?” Richard asked curiously.

mc2

Gryffindor!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:00 am
User Image
x✞ Esther Charity Spencer ✞ Essie ✞xxxxx
xxxx
Time: 2033-2034
Dressed: simply
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

"History I can probably help in," Essie said with a smile, "it is mostly memorization and reading. I've spent my whole life having to do that, just because it isn't God's word doesn't mean I shouldn't be able to apply the same skills to that work, right?"

Essie nodded when he said it was good to think like she did about her Bible studies and that she was prepared for all the work she had in school. It was nice to meet someone else who had been home schooled at one point, though his sounded far more lax than her education at home was. "Maybe we can work together to make sure we don't fail any classes?" Essie suggested.

When asked about South Africa she paused and then said, "It wasn't like in stories about Africa where it is all jungle or desert and no civilization. We stayed in a smaller village but Johannesburg is pretty built up. There's more than 4 million living there. We used to go there to museums and things at times. We lived in the rural area where going to 'traditional healers' was a big thing and there wasn't a lot of Christians though most of the country is Chrisitian in some fashion or another. Father and one of the medicine men or whatever would get into it sometimes but in general it was nice. I used to run around in the fields and stuff a lot. I got bit by a snake once! It was poisonous but I was alright. Dad and Mum say it was a miracle. I... I mean it was but it might help that I'm a witch. Magic is a gift of God too, right? I mean my brother Jonas told me that it was and how I should see it."

------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                      A creative type eager for the path not taken?
                                      And adventure that verges nearly on being reckless.
                                      I know exactly what to do with you...

Gryffindor!

{OoC: }
                                      murruelecreuset

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:12 am
User ImageUser Image
Richard Indigo Devereux
First Year Gryffindor
Conditional Family Heir

“Right,” Richard said nodded in agreement. If only he could use his skills in astronomy in history. Sadly the subject didn’t interest him as much. “Luckily for me I have a friend with those kinds of skills.” He said with a smile. When Essie suggested they work together to make sure they didn’t fail any classes he couldn’t help but admit that he liked the idea. Richard had never been good with his studies even when his father pushed him. Sadly pushing languages down his throat was a nightmare. Thus he never learned French and he couldn’t pronounce his incantations right.

“Sounds like a plan to me. We can help each other.” He answered brightly. Growing up Richard never really had anyone to help him with his studies. It was just himself, since everyone in his family was significantly younger then him. Unless his oldest cousin Julius counted with being two years younger. However the guy was a stuck up kid that believed he was god or something. Okay perhaps that wasn’t really what he was like but he was definitely stuck up.

Listening as Essie told him all about South Africa, he found it interesting. Here he thought Africa was just a barren wasteland with little tepee hut tribes. Boy was he wrong. Hearing about traditional healers and what happen there it was all quite intriguing. The whole fact that something interested him besides the stars and Quidditch was rather surprising to him. “Definitely didn’t know all that about Africa.” He told her honestly. Who knew there were larger cities in Africa? Then again he lived under a rock so that might explain a few things.

When Essie asked if magic was a gift from God he couldn’t argue it. “Sure it is.” Richard answered. “Your brother is absolutely right. I mean if you weren’t a witch you might not have survived being bit by that snake.” He told her before adding. "This in and of itself was a miracle. Besides, not everyone is blessed with magical talent after all.” What was it that people said? With great power comes great responsibility. Anything that could be associated with that saying was definitely associated with a higher power, or so Richard thought.

mc2

Gryffindor!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:00 pm
User ImageUser Image

Ƒιƒтн ƳєαяƓяуƒƒιη∂σяƇнαѕєя
ƤяєƒєcтƲιcє Ƈαρтαιη

Gid stopped in the center of the Common Room, warming his back by the fireplace. He waited for everyone to file in, then started his last little speech. "This is the Gryffindor Common Room, as promised. You can hang out here all you like, mingle with other students, get homework help, and even just play Wizard's Chess by the light of the fire. Think of it as a big family room. After all, your housemates will come to be like a sort of second family over the years. Don't let that stop you from making friends with all the other students. Span the houses. Trust me, these people can be super amazing. Get to know people. He thought for a second on all his friends, then carried on before his mind got stuck on a certain someone.

"Anyway, there's a lot of useful resources in here. The main one is the bulletin board there. That's where all announcements and notes will go. You want to know about tryouts or clubs? Check there. Also some good study groups. Now, to get to your rooms. All your stuff is already there, so don't worry about fighting over beds or anything. Girls, you'll be up the left staircase, boys to the right. Word of advice for the guys, don't try to head up the Girls' stairs. They turn into a horrible slide and it makes for a painful landing. Now, head off to bed and try to get cozy, you all have a big day tomorrow, starting bright and early! I'll be staying here for a while, so if any of you have questions, or need to talk... or anything really, Jazzy and I are here to help. Please, make yourselves at home." He stopped, remembering his own first year fondly, before adding, "And welcome to Gryffindor." He grinned, remaining true to his word. He'd stand there and talk to any of the first years as long as they needed someone to talk to. He waved to the ones that headed upstairs, still smiling as nicely as he possibly could.

{OoC: First Years, welcome to Gryffindor! Please feel free to have anyone talk to Gid, just make sure to drop me a quote!}

The Forgotten Weasley
Alexander Avery

Diamond Wales
Reuben Horne

oyehh
Lucinda Jacobs

-X Duo Yiro X-
Desmond Melancon

RedEagleEye007
Sterling Muller

shabatha
Carter Snow

Semper Leo
Valentin Snowblood

Cara MiaKitty
Jazzy~

Tʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ᴛɪᴍᴇs ɪɴ ʟɪғᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴏᴛᴛᴀ ᴄʀᴀᴡʟ
Lᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ɢʀɪᴘ, ᴛʀɪᴘ ᴀɴᴅ ғᴀʟʟ
Wʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴀɴ ᴏɴ ɴᴏ-ᴏɴᴇ ᴇʟsᴇ
Tʜᴀᴛ's ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ғɪɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟғ
I'ᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴀɴᴅ I'ᴠᴇ ɴᴏᴛɪᴄᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ
Wᴀʟᴋɪɴɢ's ᴇᴀsʏ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏᴀᴅ ɪs ғʟᴀᴛ
Tʜᴇᴍ ᴅᴀɴɢᴇᴅ ᴏʟᴇ ʜɪɪʟs'ʟʟ ɢᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴛɪᴍᴇ
Yᴇᴀʜ, ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ Lᴏʀᴅ ɢᴀᴠᴇ ᴜs ᴍᴏᴜɴᴛᴀɪɴs

Sσ ωє cσυƖɗ Ɩєαяη нσω тσ cƖιмв

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

oyehh

Feral Fairy

24,500 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:50 pm
User Image

L U C I N D AxxxJ A C O B S

FIRSTxYEAR xxxxxxGRYFFINDORxxxxxxPUREBLOOD

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The food at the feast was delicious and Lucy spent most of the meal eating and chatting. By the time they were finished, prefect who approached Roo, Gideon, came up to them with another girl and led them through the castle on his crutches, explaining and giving information along the way. Lucy had to admit, he seemed nice enough, but she couldn't help but stare at the castle's corridors and halls.

By the time they reached the common room, the her stomach settled and Lucy felt tired after the long day, but she listened to Gideon and looked around at the cozy room. I don't mind staying here at all, she thought; the fireplace and comfy soars and chairs made for a very welcoming sight. However, one thing had been plaguing her since after the feast. "Excuse me? I've got a question. Do you usually find rats or cockroaches in the dormitories?" she asked Gideon. It might have sounded silly but the thought of those little pests crawling over her things and chewing on her clothes and other projects made her shudder in disgust. She did not want to wake up with holes in her clothes.

c u r r e n t l yxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                                  ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                                                                  a txxthe Gryffindor common roomxxxxxw i t hxxGideon, Jazzy and fellow first years
                                                                  f e e l i n gxxworriedxxxxxw e a r i n gxxher uniform

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

o o c
                                                              ━━━━
                                                              - - - - - - - - -

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:11 am
User ImageUser Image

ƤяєƒєcтƲιcє Ƈαρтαιη

Gid watched as most of the students filed up toward their beds, glad that they'd all been pleasant. Well... he thought they all had been. As a few lingered in the common room, he adjusted his crutches so standing would be a bit more comfortable. One of the first years walked over, and he offered a polite smile. No use seeming like a prat now, was there? She asked if there were rats or... god forbid... cockroaches in the dorms. "Uh... no, there's not any awful bugs in the dorm. Rats, yes, but only pet rats. No wild creatures in the dorm. I've lived here for years and never anything like that. Only pets, though they do occasionally roam about." He nodded, knowing several pets to just chill around the Common Room, Scoots included. "Actually, lots of pets will be here. You'll see them all, even my dog. Her name's Scoots." He grinned, hoping to set the girl at ease about the whole situation. It wasn't good to panic about new surroundings, particularly if you had to live there for seven years.

{OoC: First Years, welcome to Gryffindor! Please feel free to have anyone talk to Gid, just make sure to drop me a quote!}

oyehh

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

oyehh

Feral Fairy

24,500 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:08 pm
User Image

L U C I N D AxxxJ A C O B S

FIRSTxYEAR xxxxxxGRYFFINDORxxxxxxPUREBLOOD

Lucy watched the prefect anxiously as he answered, sighing in relief when he said no cockroaches, before dropping temporarily when he mentioned rats. "Thank Merlin, although you did give minor heart-attack with the rats," she joked. Pet rats had to be trained, right? She withheld a shiver and decided that she's never leave her things out in the open, just in case."Owls don't usually stay in the common room though, right?" she sighed. It would make it easier to send Daniel letters but she didn't hold out much hope. "Thanks for the help by the way," she told Gideon, "good night." She smiled at him gratefully before turning to go to the dormitories. Gideon didn't seem bad after all.

c u r r e n t l yxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                                  ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                                                                  a txxthe Gryffindor common roomxxxxxw i t hxxGideon
                                                                  f e e l i n gxxworriedxxxxxw e a r i n gxxher uniform

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

o o c
                                                              ━━━━
                                                              - - - - - - - - -

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:24 pm
User ImageUser Image

ƤяєƒєcтƲιcє Ƈαρтαιη

Gid smiled at Lucy again as she blessed the old, dead wizard everyone seemed to thank around here. She said he'd given her a minor heart-attack about rats, so he did his best to shrug. "Sorry 'bout that. If it helps, they usually stay in their dorms, since cats get more the free reign in the common rooms. Plus, between you and me, I don't much like rats either. Their little feet freak me the heck out." He shuddered, thinking about their scratchy little feet. As she asked about owls, he looked around and shrugged. "Some do. There are perches in a lot of the dorms, so they sometimes hang with their owner. Just like I bring Scoots her bed." He nodded, hoping he was being helpful. He wanted her to have all the answers! She then said thanks and goodnight, so he bade her a goodnight as well, offering to help at any time. There. Now he seemed very good at his new job.

oyehh

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

-X Duo Yiro X-

Devoted Businessman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:08 pm
User ImagexxDesmondxxxLanexxxMelanconxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Gryffindor First Year
x Feeling: Deep in Thought
x Location: Gryffindor Common Room
x With: Gryffindor Students

Desmond took a moment to internalize the password before stepping into the common room and listening to the end of Gideon's speech. After everything was said and done, Des made his way over to the notice board and browsed through what little bits were posted. Noticing something about a game called 'quidditch', his interest was piqued yet again. He pulled the paper off the board and brought it over to Gideon. "What's Quidditch?" He asked simply.

OOC:

User Image

A difficult choice indeed...
You could do well in any house,
And yet I see one fitting you quite well.
Better be...

Gryffindor!

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:32 pm
User ImageUser Image
ƤяєƒєcтƲιcє Ƈαρтαιη

Gid looked over when he heard someone else speak up. Judging by the voice, it was one of the first years. He looked over by the bulletin board and sure enough, saw one of the first year boys. But he asked about quidditch! That was like... Gid's go-to thing! "Quidditch is literally the coolest sport ever. See, each house has a team. On the team are seven main players; one Seeker, two Beaters, three Chasers, and a Keeper. Basically, the Chasers work with this ball called the quaffle. Their job is to get it in one of three goals past the Keeper, who's job is to defend those goals. Each goal is worth ten points. Then you have the Beaters. Jazzy's one of those. They hit Bludgers, basically heavy iron cannonballs that move on their own... they hit them at people to try and give their team an advantage, while also protecting their teammates from getting hurt. Then, then you've got the Seeker. They work with this tiny arse ball called the snitch. It's super fast, so the Seeker has to be faster... and able to spot the ball. That catch ends the game and gives the team 150 points. Usually winning the game, unless the Chasers scored a ton of goals."

He stopped, taking a breath, clearly excited. Quidditch was his favorite topic, after all. "I'm the Vice Captain this year, and I play as a Chaser. Tryouts are coming up, and as long as you've gotten your flying certificate, you can try out. If you don't want to, then you can always come to just watch tryouts, then come to all our games. It's awesome!" His eyes were sparkly with excitement. He flicked his wand and used the summoning spell to call his copy of 'Quidditch Through The Ages'. With a small grin, he showed it to Desmond. "There's even a book on it. If you want, you can borrow mine for a few days. I've got it memorized anyway..." He blushed a bit, wondering if it was dumb that he could recite the book.

-X Duo Yiro X-

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

-X Duo Yiro X-

Devoted Businessman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:43 pm
Gryffindor First Year
x Feeling: Excited!

Desmond sucked in a breath of air as he tried to keep up with Gideon's explanation for what quidditch was and how it was played. He kept up with most of it and was able to retain the basics. "So like... It's... a wizard sport?" Desmond asked in amazement. "I'm totally gonna try out. Sports are my thing!" He heard something about a flying certificate and froze. "Wait... You fly to play this game? On what? A broom stick?" Desmond was being rhetorical and actually laughed thinking he was making a joke. It was then that Gideon magically made a book appear. "Woah! That's pretty cool... Um.. Do you mind? I'd definitely need to read that." He asked to barrow the book. He'd need to read up if he was going to at least try out for the team.

OOC:

User Image

Better be...

Gryffindor!

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:16 pm
User ImageUser Image
ƤяєƒєcтƲιcє Ƈαρтαιη

Gid beamed when the boy carried on his questioning, seeming excited. It warmed Gid's heart! "One of the few wizard only sports! And the only sport I can play with my... ah... my legs." He glanced down at the legs in mention, thinking his other options to involve moving in wheelchairs. It'd be a frozen day in hell before he played those! The boy then asked about flying, and Gid casually nodded. "Yep. You fly on broomstick. Don't worry, it's not as hard as it sounds. Actually, it's pretty easy. Well, I think it is. I've got a modified broom." He nodded, then thought about calling that down to show the boy. He decided against it, figuring he'd see it at tryouts anyway. With his enthusiasm showing, Gid was glad to loan the book. "Yea, go ahead. Just take care of it. The owner of the Quidditch supplies shop gave it to me when he helped design my first broom so I'd get to play. It's kinda sentimental to me." He handed over the book, trusting the kid to take care of it. Besides, if he ruined it, it wasn't like Gid didn't know where he'd be all the time. Perks of sharing a house.

-X Duo Yiro X-

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

-X Duo Yiro X-

Devoted Businessman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:19 pm
Gryffindor First Year
x Feeling: Excited!

Desmond nodded silently. Gideon's crutches wouldn't hinder him from playing sports, that was pretty cool. "Flying... That... sounds... so cool!" Desmond admired Gideon's tenacity, it was awe inspiring. Upon being told to take care of the book. Desmond nodded and gingerly took the book from Gideon's hands. "Thank you so much, Gideon! I'll be sure to bring it back just like you gave it to me! I'll see you around and definitely at tryouts!" Desmond flashed a smile, which wasn't something he normally did. He was doing a lot of things he really wasn't used to doing. This place was working it's magic on him. Des took the book to bed and read a few pages before putting it on his night stand and going to sleep. He did have class in the morning, afterall.

OOC:

User Image

Better be...

Gryffindor!

Miss GryffindorK

Gryffindor Common Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out