Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 4e] Unity
L5R - Unity - Chapter 1 - Winter Solstice Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:32 pm
@ Kaichiyo:

"So early? Ya sound like ya didn't have high expectations for the day. Ain't even lunch yet," Yoshike would respond to Kaichiyo, shrugging at the excitement that had been shown at her introduction. After hearing her retell the exploit, she would comment, "... huh. Either Ari-kun's eyes're bigger than his fists, or you have dis weird fish fixation. I'm uncomfortable that I can't tell which is the case."

"You will?!" Otsune would say, her voice rising in glee at Kaichiyo's acceptance, her face lighting up as she took a couple excited steps closer to Kaichiyo. "This makes me so happy! I heard good things and I thought you sounded interesting, and I can tell you have talent just by looking at you! We should go find Doji Kioko right away to get permission!" she would say.

"Oh for Tengoku's sake... kami, be my witness that I'm powerless to stop this," Aritomo bemoaned to the ceiling, placing both hands over his eyes and groaning in frustration.

Naohiko, you can arrive at this point, you hear Kaichiyo conversing with some voices you don't recognize. Two women, and a man.

--------------------

@ Gendo:

"Why not just ask the Crane to give you a wake-up call, if your internal clock haven't adjusted yet?" Denbe would ask plainly, tilting his head. Smiling politely, he would then comment, "If you're worried about it being an inconvenience to me, perish the thought. It was my suggestion, after all. It is quite sincere. Unless you want me to have Ichi join us?" Turning slightly, he would gesture towards the Hare with one hand.

"Wait, what? I have kata to practice early in the morning, don't go trying to drag me into your... dogscapades," Ichi would say, shooting Denbe a dirty look.

"It's winter, you aren't expected to be that diligent with your kenjutsu. Come on. Who knows, you might enjoy it."

"I see what you're trying to do, Denbe," Ichi would say, eyes narrowing.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," Denbe would say, acting admonished at the implication. "Gendo-san, would Ichi's company make my offer more enticing?"

Gendo, if you want to make your decline of Denbe's offer 'official', an Etiquette roll will be required.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:57 am
Well crapbaskets. Oh well, he'd take the hit. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad. Kami please allow him a day when it would calm down. "I didn't know that they did wake up calls. I will ask for them to schedule one then."  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:19 pm
Naohiko would cough discretely to gain Kaichiyo's attention when there seems to be a lull in the conversation. "M'lady. Himura Gendo-san and I have offered to take two members of the Minor Clan Alliance to see a play. Do you have need of us or do you wish to accompany us?"  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:10 pm
"Oh, right, lunch would really do me some good, after the day I've had. And well, I guess it could be both? The Kraken are to fishing what the Sparrow are to farming after all." she chirped back with a laugh and a shrug, brushing it away.

There was a glimmer of surprise in Otsune's excitement, but she couldn't help getting caught up in it as well, grinning wide and nodding. "Well you don't look half bad yourself. I think I'm quite looking forward to this- ..." at least until her mind caught up with what was said. "Oh... right, Kioko does do that, doesn't she... ffffffffffantastic." Visibly deflating, she had to think over this conundrum hard.

"Mm. I just came here from her room. It's... best we don't disturb her right now. Perhaps we have that lunch first, and seek her out a bit later today once she's concluded her tan-... um... business. Naohiko-san! What timing! A play? That sounds like the amount of waiting time we need. Would you like to join us, Dragon-sans? Assuming Aritomo-san is in a condition to move yet. Certainly wouldn't want encourage a slower recovery. That will be for later when I teach you about the gaijin art of Parukoru."  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:51 pm
@ Gendo:

If you have no further agenda to pursue at the moment, we'll handwave the rest of the conversation until the other players catch up. If Gendo wants to do anything on his own, or address anything with either Denbe or Ichi, now's the time to do it.

--------------------

@ Kaichiyo & Naohiko:

Naohiko would politely interrupt.

"And who's dis lil' worm of a man?" Yoshike would say, grinning devilishly with her sights set on the newer Kraken. "We're havin' a con-ver-sa-tion here, and ya think ya can just come in an' end it, without so much as a greetin' or an introduction?" Interposing herself between Naohiko and Kaichiyo, facing the former, the lady Togashi would snort in disgust, literal steam blowing from her nostrils. "Yer manners are fine but yer lackey's leaves much to be desired. Permission ta teach him some, uo-hime?"

As Yoshike awaits a response, Otsune would give a brief tug on the sleeve of Kaichiyo's kimono. Speaking quietly, she would say, "If you're uncomfortable with bothering Doji-hime about something like this, we could always ask Otomo-sama. Or... you know... we could always have the duel... in private?"

"I've heard of this, this 'Parukoru' of yours. I think it's a Mantis thing? Or was it Unicorn? Phoenix, maybe?... nah, not Phoenix. Anyways, I would love to join the lot of you on this little excursion of yours, just let me..." Aritomo would start, sitting up on the bed he had been resting on, before wincing. "Op! Nope, nope, down I go," he would say as he slowly eased himself back down onto the bed. "Adventure alures, but mending has final say. Do not forget me," he recites, sighing with defeat.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:58 pm
"So, anything I should do to help with introducing Naohiko to someone?"  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Plainsfox rolled 8 10-sided dice: 4, 8, 8, 1, 3, 3, 3, 8 Total: 38 (8-80)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:38 am
Naohiko would make a deep bow to the nun. "Forgive me if I have offended, Togashi-san. I believed it Himura-hime's place to introduce her subordinates. However, since you asked it of me, I am Himura Naohiko of the Kraken clan. I look forward to your attempts to educate me, should Himura-hime wish it."

OOC:
Awareness/Etiquette 5k3 w/3 dice to handle explosions
Reason: to impress that he was properly allowing his princess to handle things
Raises called: 1 to inflect to Yoshike to indicate he's not afraid of fighting.
Results: 20-5(raise)=15  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:39 pm
"Mm..." she responded thoughtfully, especially after Naohiko's response. The offer was suddenly very tempting. "That... is a display I would very much like to watch, but perhaps this isn't the best time or... well, actually this is a pretty convenient place for it, but I should like my Yojimbo in stable enough condition to do his job for now. A Maho-Tsukai assassin has already made one attempt on my life today. I think I'm permitted a tiny bit of paranoia."

It didn't directly implicate the Daidoji per se, and considering Kioko's impropriety she suddenly felt a lot less inclined to save the Crane's face. Though she was momentarily distracted from such thoughts when she peeked back at Otsune's words. "Oh. Y'know, that's an excellent point. This isn't really a courtly matter, inside or out. Just a friendly contest, which shouldn't require authorization. Though if you wanted to make it more public, seeking out Otomo-sama might also be a good idea. Either suggestion I am more than happy with."

Having three conversations at once was actually quite therapeutic, and she was happy to see Aritomo decide on the self-preservation option this time. "Whether Mantis or Unicorn use it now, the art originated from the Merenae. Specifically their slaves, adapted from a martial arts designed to look like a dance so they wouldn't be caught learning combat, that had interesting applications towards navigating unconventional landscapes, whether that be urban, rocky wilderness, or ship post and riggings. More importantly, it's a thrill when done right and dangerous when done wrong. Suits us quite well, don't you think?"  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:25 pm
Naohiko did the little shifts that went from "Flunky on errands" into "Bodyguard mode." At the very least, he seemed to be a bit more attentive to his surroundings.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:41 pm
@ Naohiko & Kaichiyo:

Yoshike would lean her head back and to the side, looking at Kaichiyo with one eye. "Whaaaa? Yojimbo, ya say?" She would turn to see Naohiko bowing, perhaps exceedingly so. "Yer lucky ya saved yer princess from that attacker earlier; ya must be more adept at yer position than ya let on." She would pause. "Dammit. If I had known that winter court was full'a people I couldn't light on fire, I wouldn't've bothered ta come. Feh." She would cross her arms over her chest and glare down at Naohiko, before shaking her bald head once and walk off to the side. "Pass, on the whole play thing. I'm feeling pissy, an' I have a feeling it ain't gonna improve my mood none."

"Hold on," Otsune would say to Kaichiyo, turning to her monk clanmate. "Yoshike-san, don't be like that," she'd say, arms outstretched, but Yoshike looked away from the whole group, bringing a sigh out of the other girl. "On second thought, I probably shouldn't go either. You-know-who-san would chew me out for it if he thought I was trying to undermine him. Sorry, Himura-san." Otsune would turn and bow to Kaichiyo. "I will be in touch with you about that duel soon, though! Just... please keep it between us for now."

If any of you are going to try to convince any individual Dragon here to join you, a Courtier roll will be required (for each one attempted), and they will resist with Etiquette.

--------------------

@ Gendo:

Denbe would perk up with curiosity at the question asked. "What do you mean, Gendo-san? What kind of help did you have in mind?"  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:54 pm
Naohiko would shake his head slightly and keep his voice in a low tone. "I wish I could have had the honor of disposing such a threat to Himura-hime, but m'lady's skill with a sword crippled the sorcerer before I came to aid her."

The Kraken bushi decided to keep to himself and let Kaichiyo speak from here on out. It sounds like Kaichiyo's cousin held some degree of sway over the other Dragons and Naohiko didn't want to widen the rift.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:51 pm
"Well, if you wanted me to make sure he remembers a meeting or anything else. I would like to see him actually make a good impression."  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:35 pm
The young princess pursed her lips and gave a heavy sigh. What she would give to have a social encounter that didn't end in disaster. Still, it was useful to learn this Senzo character was working to sully their reputation beyond his own personal grievances. Which officially made him a problem.

"It pains me to hear that. The Dragon have always been friends and mentors growing up. Himura Isako was a Mirumoto before she joined us. She knew Himura himself, and is one of our best Sensei. She has been with my mother from the beginning and would not have stayed with us if these claims were true. My mother would have told me if it was true. I will contest his claims, especially if he's telling people not to associate with us. I hope we can still get along despite that." she concluded with a bow. Which settled matters for now, so unless someone else had something to say on the matter she would allow Naohiko to lead her away.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:02 pm
@ Kaichiyo & Naohiko:

While Yoshike didn't seem to be phased by Kaichiyo's explanation (or particularly care, for that matter), Otsune would give her a confused look, then look back to Aritomo who would shrug at her.

"Claims? What on earth are you talking about?" She would redden slightly with embarassment. "I'm afraid that none of us are privy to your family's private affairs. It something the matter that we should be made aware of, Kaichiyo-san?"

--------------------

@ Gendo:

Denbe would smile politely. "Well, I'll still need to speak with this individual, to see if she would even be interested. I say we handle this one step at a time. If you allude to such an arrangement and it does not come to pass, I worry that it will affect Naohiko-san negatively."  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:54 pm
"You... what?" she responded, suddenly very confused. A look that turned to much greater concern shortly thereafter. She'd much preferred this to be a problem she was at least aware of, rather than something brand new. Because she didn't have enough to deal with already it seemed. If she never went to a Crane court again it would be too soon. If ever there was a measure of 'too much' this was definitely it. "I feel I should be asking the same question then. Who would chew you out, and why?"  
[L5R 4e] Unity

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games