Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 3 - Glimmers in the Dark (Main Roleplay) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Rain Yupa rolled 2 20-sided dice: 19, 10 Total: 29 (2-40)

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:06 pm
Revenge would not don his armor, as there was a chance violence could break out before he was ready. That could cost someone their life.

However, he did have that shield he had a tumultuous relationship with. He would dress up enough for modesty's sake, and keep his longsword sheathed on his belt around his waist. A bit of a looser fit without the armor, even at the farthest belt notch.

Only brandishing his shield, he would first go to check on the state of the others. Revenge assumed Ilikan was likely a light sleeper due to his military training and would be prepared to engage an enemy on relatively short order if he needed to. Valac might be asleep already, but if a fight broke out, it was unlikely Valac wouldn't be in the front lines in a round or two. He heard Kuori, and Ruin was gods know where but he had a fairly good guess.

Instead, Revenge would first check on Vivian and Irene. He wouldn't enter their rooms, but basically make visual checks for any sort of forced entry, or sounds of any intruders. He expected none, but he didn't want to take any chances.

Quote:
Perception +8 = 27 to make sure the noncombatants aren't in any obvious peril. Stealth +5 = 15 to not disturb anyone resting, mainly out of courtesy.

After that, he'd make his way down to the foot of the stairs, and he would sit there and wait. He wasn't sure what for yet, but Sehanine would illuminate it soon enough.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:34 am
Ardath ignores Ruin's comments and waits for his sister to emerge from the building.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Kuori and Revenge emerge from their rooms they find the place deserted. All the rooms that were previously shut now lay open with no one inside. However , they do see Dietrich come running by with a large heavily packed sack on his pack. He pauses only momentarily to answer Kuori. "Oh, that is mighty nice to hear from ya. But, we pr'fer they be no fitin at all. Marvis, the'derro in charge of th'lady's security, gave the alarm, so we be retreatin and goin in t'hidn fer a bit. It's best that yer people don know of our existence. I'll pass yer message to th'lady though." Deitrch then hurries off tin the direction of the attic."

Revenge would find Valac and Vivian were still soundly asleep while Irene was watching what was going on down below from a window. She would notice the paladin peaking in and would comment quietly "Ruin sure knows how to make friends."

Revenge finds Ilikan in the middle of donning his armor. He tells him that he will stay back and watch Vivian and Irene.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once outside, Revenge and Kouri would see a large Golaith with a beard leaning on his maul near the front of the inn. Though the years had weathered him a bit, and the beard was a new addition, Kuori would immediately recognize the goliath as her brother Ardath. Behind him some distance away sat Ruin, surrounded by 9 other goliaths brandishing their weapons at him. It seems like he had managed to piss them off somehow.

Upon seeing his sister Ardath voice would soften quite a bit. Kouri would remember, that, despite being a mean lunk head, her brother always had a soft spot for her and had encouraged her to find her path on the surface. "Kuori, its really you! I never thought I would see you again. Why on earth did you come back down here?" He would also take note of Revenge. "And why are there so many tieflings with you?"  

Kowsauni
Crew

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:29 pm
"The short version? Our sister has deluded herself into thinking that handing our tribe over to an enemy army that wants to turn them into monsters just like her is better than saving them or letting them die fighting. We came to stop her and see if we could break a few skulls and rescue some people on the way." She points to the holy symbol, "And when the Gods started dropping some strong hints that this might be the right thing to pursue I couldn't really say no."

She looks past him and says, "I don't know him. He seems annoying though." She says in reference to Ruin, "Like the kind of guy that lacks discipline and doesn't stand a proper watch and attracts trouble." She meets her brothers gaze again, "And snores alot. Reminds me a lot of Augmahl actually. He's okay by the way. Got rescued by some humans, I healed him up before we came down." She swallowed hard. "Buried Gautham too." She breaks eye contact. "We were trying to catch some rest, fought a giant over by our house and a bunch of Umberhulks, and that was after several hours of travel."

"What about you though? Heard there were a few survivors nearby, you out hunting or patrolling I guess?" She points upwards as she says that she heard about survivors, implying it came from the divine.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:35 am
Southern Cross Nemesis
While Kouri did her nature thing, anger drove Ruin to press forward to search the ash and char for something... anything... protected from the wrath of the flames. "If even one of you hear me, help me. And I will take back, everything I said against you. I will become whatever you want... help me." He prayed, as he searched for something Ruin doesn't have... proof of a loving home. Kouri had it, it was here... there has to be something, singed but not destroyed.

With none of the goliaths taking him up on his gambling offer, and instead of listening to Kuori and her brother speak. Ruin would lay on his back, summon his blade and toss the infernal weapon up into the air for it to fade to nothing, as it tried to impale him on its way back. Like some suicidal knife thrower, only to repeat the process… and again… and again.

As he did this, he spoke an open prayer in elven(With the hope that no one close would know what was being said.) to whichever god would listen. “You gave what I asked for. Something of Kuori’s old home. So, I want to thank you. Though, I don’t know which one of you to thank for that miracle. Or how to go about it.

That said, I am confused about how Vivian is tied into this dark story. I am unsure if we are to guide, or protect her.

Either way, it was a nice chat.

Upon finishing Ruin would return to common and call back to his goliath ally. “Hey, Kuori! When you go back in, tell Revenge his shift is up. I am going to stay out here for the night. And tell your brother, despite how our meeting went… It was nice to meet him.” Wrapping his hands around his head, The tiefling would state calmly. As he prepared to fall asleep.  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:25 pm
Kuori's brother would lean a little heavier on his maul and let out a sigh. "That...is a lot to take in..." It then takes a another moment or so for Ardath to respond. "Well that means everyone in the family is now accounted for. Mother and father perished when the east district fell, but the rest of our family in the city was able to escape. The news will be hard on Galrreth (Gautham's wife), but she is a strong woman. I'm glad to hear Augmahl is alright...and Maukein... it just hard to believe what your are saying. The short red one over there said the something similar and I thought he was speaking gibberish. Our little Maukein..." Ardath would shake his head. "After we lost Lightlost, we gathered everyone who survived and began constructing a new settlement in a more easily defendable location about a days march from here. We hope to eventually return and reclaim our city but for now we are still licking our wounds. In the meantime we send patrols to to watch the city and prevent monsters and the unsavory from taking up residence. That is why we are here. We were tracking your handiwork which is what led us here. It appears you were doing our work for us." Ardath would let out a small laugh, but his face would soon return to looking serious. "Your mannerless companion was adamite about us not going into the Inn. He said it had something to do with saving our people from mindflayers? What is he talking about?"

The goliaths surrounding Ruin give him strange looks as he plays with his sword, but otherwise do no react to his behavior. They seem a little less tense though then they were before.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:30 am
"Unlikely allies." She says not giving much explanation at first. "He ... We're worried that you might strike before hearing them out, and they're still pretty skittish themselves. But he's right, step towards that inn and I'll have to do my best to stop you. In time we can make the introductions, but that time isn't right now."
She goes to change the subject, "Maukein's got this wicked scar across her stomach, but it isn't a scar, its a mouth. They mixed her up with a roper, tentacles and all. If you run into her, don't let her get too close." She looks back at the inn.
"We can head towards the encampment after we rest, we'd be about ten hours behind you. We likely couldn't make the journey right now. Its me, a human, three tieflings, and maybe a few others. We've got a few kids with us."  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:30 am
"Hey, nine! You don't smell and you don't look dehydrated. So, question, water, when you lived here, where did you get it? ... And, can I buy one of your waterskins?" Ruin asked sitting up and looking at the none. "We found a runaway child down here that doesn't have one. I can give her my bedroll to sleep on and share my rations until we reach the surface again, but water..."  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:56 pm
In reference to Maukein Ardath would state, "That is...disturbing to say the least. I cant imagine what she must have gone through to become like...that." Ardath would stop leaning on his maul and sling it back on his back. "I still don't really understand what going on and why you don't want us to go into that building, but I trust you. Our camp is set up in the east district in the remnants of the barracks. You can find us there, though, we are slated to start our journey home tomorrow, so we can't wait for long if you intend to meet back up with us. Based on what you are saying I must warn the settlement of a possible attack. Stay safe sister, may we get a chance to talk at length soon. I'm sure there are some grand stories to be told."

Ardath would signal to his men and they would sheath their weapons. As they began to leave, one of the goliaths tosses a full waterskin to Ruin. Within a few moments, they group back up on Ardath and return to walking down the street. Within a few minutes they disappear out of sight.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:46 pm
"Nice, Thanks! And the girl will thank you!" Ruin would call to the vanishing goliaths.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:31 am
After watching her brother walk away she marched up to Ruin, "Not that I'm ungrateful for the experience man, but you just endangered everyone in that building. When I said stand watch I meant the hallway, staying awake in case our allies needed us, not standing outside and drawing attention to what would otherwise be disregarded as an abandoned building. I swear you have some kind of death wish and one of these days you're going to pull innocent lives down with you man." She walked back to the inn and went to try and find the attic to tell them that the coast was clear. <******** style="font-size: 7px">... hopefully.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:01 pm
"Choose one! My musk attracts things or it doesn't."
Ruin would state laying back on the dirt.
"Becuase, they followed our tracks. Being inside or out wouldn't have changed that. If anything, I bought a few minutes. So the dwarf looking fellow could wake you and get the others to safety!"  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:24 pm
Revenge - who was still in the inn at the base of the stairs, per his previous post - watched Kuori enter and go immediately to her room. He did not try to stop her with questions.

When Ruin returned, he would ask him, 'I'd ask if everything was alright, but since you both came back uninjured, that would be a foolish question to ask. Instead, let me ask: How did things go?"

He would shift in his sitting position, removing the shield from his left arm and placing it against the wall. He would pump his arm a few times, as he was not used to the feel of the straps without his heavy armor's bracers in the way.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:54 pm
Why am I here, again? Ruin thought, taking a seat on the stair step.

“Long story short. The dwarf and I saw a group of travelers. Figuring they were members of Kuori’s tribe, and wanting to let everyone sleep. We came up with a plan. I would go out and talk, if things went sideways the dwarf would wake you.

And so, I went out there, where I met Kuori’s brother and his merry band. I told him 3 different times, not to go to the inn. And each time he wanted to go to the inn. I had to threaten him with violence to get him to stop. Oh, his people up until this point had their weapons pointed at me, so I think I was being very nice by giving him 3 attempts. At which, he responded by threatening to fight me. Which changed the moment Kuori came out and they got to... stuff.

I didn’t really pay attention to anything at this point… didn’t see a reason. They weren’t going to listen to anything I would have said… And, I didn’t want to ruin Kuori’s time with her brother by killing her cousins. So, I just looked at the ceiling, thought of Aria, and said thanks to an unnamed entity who answered prayers. Then got a free waterskin for Vivain.

That said, I doubt the goliaths would give up their I wanna see what’s in the inn that easy. Say the word, and I will stay up to help you keep watch, for as long as I can.”  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:57 pm
Revenge would listen patiently, but shake his head when Ruin offers to stay up. "I'm not worried about it. Your mention of a dwarf makes me think Lydia has her own guards. If it's a group, it sounds like one extra body wouldn't do much to slow them down, when you'd be better suited being close to Vivian and Irene and the others. We'll just have to hope they hold off long enough, and be vigilant of attempts. It's one thing to hope for a quiet night and get surprised, but its a little easier when you're expecting trouble and it shows up, I think."

"Feel free to turn in now so you can wind down. I'll pass along the expectation of company to the rest when it's their turn." he would advise, giving a polite smile to Ruin.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:38 am
"As you wish, but if they show back up. I call dibs on Kuori's brother." Ruin stated as he stood up, and started up the stairs. "a*****e wanted to fight me. I don't see a point in disappointing him."

Once in the room; Ruin would set his bedroll down and take a spot on the floor away from the door.

In the confines of the night, Ruin would hear. "My name is Legion, for we are many. Abandon your bargain, and be born anew. Be our blood and flesh, for I am great." Confused he would answer. "Yes? ... wait...What did I agree with?"  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games