Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Hufflepuff Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 188 189 190 191 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:10 pm
Adalaide Blythe
Hufflepuff // Second Year // Great Hall // Wearing
CURRENTLY WITH // No one
CURRENTLY FEELING // Upset, confused
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'What... A howler? But... That's... That's not mama's voice... why? Who did this?'
═════════════════════════════════

User Image

When the Howler appeared at her table, landing in front of her, Ada picked it up, eyeing it carefully. This... this was a mistake. Her father would never, ever send her a Howler! But that's what it was, she had no doubt, and the owls who delivered mail never made a mistake. She didn't understand... she picked it up gingerly, and began opening it, but the letter decided to finish the job for her, and quickly opened and began shouting at her, over being friends with Michelle and having talk about going to Knockturn Alley... The voice was clearly supposed to be her mother, but that most certainly was't her mother. Ada's mom was a muggle; she couldn't have sent the Howler if she'd wanted to, unless her father'd recorded it for her, and she didn't see why he would do such a thing. And besides that, her mother was so reserved... she would never, ever publicly call anyone out on anything, especially not her own daughter. Ada's eyes watered in confusion... this had to be some cruel prank, from some cruel student... but who would do such a thing? Why would anyone... her eyes narrowed. Damien. That little... she'd felt sorry for him! But of course it had to be him; after all, he and Michelle were supposed to be related, and he'd never allow his 'cousin' to associate with anything less than the 'best' bloodlines. Ada's face grew red in anger and embarrassment. How dare he! How DARE that little prat do something so horrible! She closed her hands into fists, squeezing until her nails formed half-moons in her palm, and bit her lip to keep from screaming. She took a few deep breaths to calm down. It wouldn't do to get angry or blow up here. Her mother had taught her that. She closed her eyes and counted to ten, growing calmer and calmer with each small breath. Eventually, the anger had dissipated enough that she wasn't about to blow up. She glanced over at the Slytherin table, where she saw Damien talking to Dominic, that awful prat who'd laughed at her in DADA last year. She shook her head and turned her attention to Michelle to keep from getting angry again, and waved at her friend. When she realized Michelle probably wouldn't see, she frowned. She needed to talk to her friend... she waved to get the girls attention, hoping she would see. When that failed, she pulled out her parchment and her quill, along with her wand. She'd gotten quite good at levitation. She scrawled a quick note, and then murmured, "Wingardium Leviosa," giving her wand a perfect swish and flick. The paper rose in the air and traveled along the path she laid out, landing promptly in front of Michelle on the table.

User Image

(( OOC: ))

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:54 pm
User Image
I'm not afraid of anything
I just need to know that I can breathe
I don't need much of anything
But suddenly, suddenly

I am small and the world is big
All around me is fast moving
Surrounded by so many things
But suddenly, suddenly

eather tevia awthorn
Single | Hufflepuff | Third Year | Beater | Halfblood

Would you comfort me? Would you cry with me?

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Heather stared wide-eyed as the Howler screamed at the second year girl. She had never gotten one before, or seen one in person for that matter. She found it... terrifying. The enchanted note ripped itself to pieces and Heather finally took her eyes away from the girl, Ada was her name if she remembered correctly. "That was some scary chiz, Dhyl... I hope I never get one of those Howlers..." she said to the boy sitting next to her. She doubted her parents could get that angry with her. She never broke any rules or disobeyed them or anything of the sort. Glancing at the Gryffindor table, Heather noticed the absence of a familiar brunette with blue eyes. Her sister was nowhere to be found. Hmm... She had an idea about who might be receiving the next Howler.

Wearing
{OOC:}

I'm young, and I am free
But I get tired, and I get weak
I get lost, and I can't sleep
But suddenly, suddenly

How does it feel, to be different from me?
Are we the same?
Are we the same?
How does it feel?

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50

TechNerd0072

Dapper Genius

1,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:11 pm
User Image
I miss the sound of your voice
And I miss the rush of your skin
And I miss the still of the silence
As you breathe out and I breathe in

Đҕӯʅɑɳ Ƞѻʅӯɳɳ

ChaserSingleHufflepuffSecond YearPureblood

Everything works in your arms

Thinking:{Creeper}
With:{Heather and Ariana (and everyone else!)}

Dhyl looked up as the Howler reamed a girl. He had received a howler before, when he was little. "I got one worse." he said lightly. He didn't give any more information, but hoped it wasn't necessary. He followed Heather's gaze to the Gryffindors. There was something up, but he didn't notice it. He scratched his ear absentmindedly.

Wearing

{OoC:}

So come on, get higher, loosen my lips
Faith and desire and the swing of your hips
Just pull me down hard
And drown me in love

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:25 pm
She’s the sunflower of nature’s seeds
A girls that some men only find in their dreams
When she smiles it seems the stars all know
Cause one by one they start to light up the sky

User ImageUser Image
User ImagePureblood User ImageSingle

@>>Nell nearly squealed in excitement when food suddenly appeared on the platters in front of her after the Headmistress' speech and she began to pile rice, vegetables, and a salad. As she was digging in she noticed the arrival of a strange man and felt these...stirrings rise inside her. Thinking of such things made her blush and tried to hide it in a glass of pumpkin juice. After his surprise arrival an owl swooped down and dropped a letter in front of Ada making her frown in confusion. She didn't think letters could be delivered at this time of night, but then blanched when she realized that it wasn't a cordial letter. A Howler?! To ADA?!?!?! was all the Scot thought. The sweet 'puff who couldn't even stomach a cold curse in DADA (well, neither could she but that was besides the point!). Nell felt that listening in would be an invasion of privacy so she plugged her ears, not that it helped, with her fingers and waited for the smoke to clear, figuratively and literally. When it did she resumed eating but not without shooting her friend sympathetic looks. <<@

((OOC smile )

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Wearing: New Beginning | With: Ada | Where: Great Hall~Hufflepuff Table | Feeling: Hungry Sympathetic | Thinking: Poor Ada|

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

xXmoonlight_madnessXx

Dapper Noob

2,650 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:39 pm
User ImageGale "Anne" O'Brian
|  Muggle Born  | First Year Hufflepuff | Irish Ginger  |
███████████████████████████████

Mood: Happy
Company: Steele
Crush: N/A

Gale waited for Steele and the other first year with him to catch up. The red headed freckled first year really didn't know we're she was going. She sighed as she studied Steele to see what he really looked like now. He had rippling muscles and a great hair style as well,"So were are the bathrooms." Gale smiled as she waited for the two to catch up with her.

OutfitSong

███████████████████████████████
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:40 pm
Adalaide Blythe
Hufflepuff // Second Year // Great Hall // Wearing
CURRENTLY WITH // No one
CURRENTLY FEELING // Upset, confused
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'What... A howler? But... That's... That's not mama's voice... why? Who did this?'

User Image

Ada noticed the looks from Nell, had seen her attempt to plug her ears when the Howler was yelling. In a strange way, that made her want to laugh. Howlers were meant to be heard, after all. It was kind of the point. She gathered up some food, and started eating, shaking her head at Nell. "It was a fake. Someone's trying to be mean." When she said someone, her eyes traveled to the Slytherin table, narrowing at the two boys she was sure were responsible. "My mama doesn't believe in... 'airing dirty laundry,' I think is the saying. She'd never send one, even if she could. Which she can't. Because she's a muggle. Someone didn't do their homework," At that thought, her eyes narrowed further. Damien knew her mother was a muggle, that was the entire reason she was 'beneath him.' She wondered... perhaps it was someone else? But who else would do it? She had no idea... But, it wasn't her mother, and that was the important thing. The other important thing being that Michelle didn't think it was for real... she hadn't gotten a reply back yet.

User Image

(( OOC: ))

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:34 pm

Ariana Hawthorne
Third Year: Hufflepuff Seeker

User Image

Ariana turned her head to pay attention to the Headmistress; however, she wasn't too excited to hear the speech. The same one that was made every year. The girl just wanted the feast to start, and when it did, she took some food and ate. She smiled at Heather when she exclaimed to eat, and followed her gaze to find out a mysterious man walked into the Great Hall. "Who's he?" she asked no one in particular. If anyone were to know who this unnamed man was, she was willing to listen. As her arm was grabbed, she turned her head to look at her girlfriend. "Kat, are you okay?" she asked, feeling slightly scared. Suddenly, Ariana jerked her head to see where the yelling was coming from. Oh, no! Someone sent a howler! she thought, turning her facial features into a frown. The third year shut her eyes tightly. I'm under my bed. I'm listening to pretty music. She hated the sound of shouts and yells, so she tried to block it out. "La la la la," she mumbled, trying to take her mind off the howler. In fact, she had blocked the outside world out so well that she hadn't even noticed when the scarlet red letter ripped itself and shut up.

§ M I L Σ ツ
it looks good on you.
wearing

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:14 pm
Chloe Clarisse
Hufflepuff
First Year

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Great Hall ~ Hufflepuff Table

Chloe noticed that the sorting had ended as the head mistress made her way to the podium to do the opening speech. She was overly excited as they were all welcomed to Hogwarts. As the speech was finished food appeared in front of all of them. Rose was the first to bring it to Chloe's attention. "Yeah let's eat." she said as Heather and Rose spoke.

With the idea of food now closer then they all thought Chloe was happy. She wasn't even thinking about how tired she was anymore. Loading up her plate she began eating away at every food item she could think to eat, of course making sure not to over eat. Chloe looked over as a man spoke. "Who in the world is that?" she asked those around her before falling silent. 'Man he's creepy...' she thought.

However Chloe's thoughts on the guy asking to be the new caretaker were cut off when a Howler started screaming at a girl from one of the upper years. "A Howler..." she muttered. According to her it was a fake which didn't make much sense to Chloe not that she was about to ask.

With: Other Hufflepuffs... Rose mostly

List of Knowledge: Progress

OOC: ---
User Image

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

MixBreedBecky

Friendly Citizen

6,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:42 pm
User Image
Singing my silent song of misery.
This monster lies trapped in my own nightmare.
'He' is a tyrant.
I let our a plea,
Why did you have to leave me all alone?

~Roseann Lutrick~
Single ~ Hufflepuff ~ First Year ~ Unknown Blood ~ Circus Monster

Rose seemed to complete ignore the howler, like she was use to it, and she kinda was. She was use to kids screaming and playing. So she was in her own little world as she ate. She notice the man, and just shrugged it off. She didn't know him and wasn't going to judge him for how he looked.

[[OOC: ]]

Bound to sing for them, a worthless monster.
I never see them.
I despise them so.
Lying so useless they start to holler,
"Hey! Get up, you worthless Circus Monster!"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:43 pm
User Image
╔══════════════╗
Katrina Varren

Third Year Hufflepuff
╚══════════════╝

Where am I? Hufflepuff Table
What am I doing? Sorting Feast!
What am I thinking? Yay!

"I've seen him before. When I was younger, I had a vision about him. I don't remember anything else," she said, the rigidity in her body slowly dissolving. She shook a little, trying to clear her mind. Since she was so focused on the strange man, she didn't even notice the Howler. Everyone was talking about it though. Kat glanced around the table and shrugged.

Out of Character ...

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Carmina Flos

Aged Gaian

11,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:39 pm
User Image
Camina Fiora

First Year Hufflepuff Halfblood

"HUFFLEPUFF!" the sorting hat boomed followed by the chorus of cheers from the table that was soon to be her new family.Giggling, she skipped to her seat before exchanging waves to some who welcomed her. Soon followed by more sorting then,
WHISH!
'FOOD!' Carmina mentally cheered before picking up the closest to her and that was the pudding; Taking healthy but generous amount onto her plate, At the first small spoon of them, she nodded her head before proceeding to swallow them down to the pits of her stomach. Looking around, she proceed to pick up more food from chicken to potatoes to odd looking dishes for her to
devour.

'Oh dear, did the girl just get a howler? in the middle of sorting??' Carmina heard for a nearby first year. For the tone of them, whatever a howler is; it hasto be scary. Very scary. Was it like a disease or something? Maybe it a wizard cold thing... She stop her eating to think before shrugging it off.

" 'xcuse me? What's a Howler?" she asked to anyone who could hear her.

[[Ooc: ]]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:48 pm
User Image
╔══════════════╗
Katrina Varren

Third Year Hufflepuff
╚══════════════╝

Where am I? Hufflepuff Table
What am I doing? Sorting Feast!
What am I thinking? Yay!

Kat looked over at a first year who asked what a howler was. A small smile crept onto her face. "Ah, you must be a muggleborn. A howler is an angry letter, usually sent by an angry parent. The letter, when delivered, yells its message at the recipient." She nodded and smiled a little wider. "I'm Katrina Varren. And you are?"

Out of Character ...

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Carmina Flos

Aged Gaian

11,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:59 pm
User Image
Camina Fiora

First Year Hufflepuff Halfblood

"....Okay worst than the coughing and the flu!" she exclaimed loudly. "Note to self. Never do bad things in school." She nodded her head as she the 'note' into her head."My name is Carmina Fiora! Pleasure to meet you Miss Katrina Varren!" she grinned bowing her head before waving. "Oh and I am actually a Halfblood! I actually never got a 'howler' before but i got mail once! but that was somethingto do with a book...Nonetheless it's still mail!"

[[Ooc: D'8 im still working on my post image and code...

WHY WONT YOU WORK NICELYY -rolls into a ditch- ]]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:18 am
User Image
I'm not afraid of anything
I just need to know that I can breathe
I don't need much of anything
But suddenly, suddenly

I am small and the world is big
All around me is fast moving
Surrounded by so many things
But suddenly, suddenly

eather tevia awthorn
Single | Hufflepuff | Third Year | Beater | Halfblood

Would you comfort me? Would you cry with me?

Heather's eyes widened as Dhyl spoke of his experience with a Howler. "What? You got one? But, why? What did it say?" she asked, hoping not to seem to... invasive. Looking around the table of black and gold, she took in the number of first years. Seven total for Hufflepuff. Not a bad number. She remembered the crowd they had gotten last term. Seven seemed like a reasonable number, in her opinion. Not too many to lose track of, but not too few to where Hufflepuff is greatly smaller than the other houses. Nope. Seven was good. She could easily look out for seven youngsters.

Wearing
{OOC:}

I'm young, and I am free
But I get tired, and I get weak
I get lost, and I can't sleep
But suddenly, suddenly

Are we the same?
Are we the same?
How does it feel?

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50

TechNerd0072

Dapper Genius

1,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:41 am
User Image
I miss the sound of your voice
And I miss the rush of your skin
And I miss the still of the silence
As you breathe out and I breathe in

Đҕӯʅɑɳ Ƞѻʅӯɳɳ

ChaserSingleHufflepuffSecond YearPureblood

Everything works in your arms

Thinking:{Howlers...}
With:{Heather and Ariana (and everyone else!)}

Dhyl smiled at Heather. "My Granddad sent it to me. I accidentally broke a priceless family heirloom, and I was 'Old enough not to be completely useless.' Well... That's what he said. I was four." he said, mocking his grandfather's voice. He looked at Heather, skewered a dumpling, and ate it in one huge bite.

Wearing

{OoC:Good Afternoon, Poppet!}

So come on, get higher, loosen my lips
Faith and desire and the swing of your hips
Just pull me down hard
And drown me in love

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 188 189 190 191 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games