Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:06 pm
@ Jiujutsu Duels:

Finally, Zanzen would miss in one of his blows, creating an opening that the Yoritomo might be able to capitalize on! Going in low, he would attempt to tackle the Crane, knocking him back!

Full attack, twice accurate, though as the contact happens, Zanzen is able to backpedal away before any substantial damage happens!

Zanzen, initiative and 3 free raises!  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 3 10-sided dice: 8, 10, 3 Total: 21 (3-30)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:35 pm
@ Jiujutsu Duels:

What else was he suppose to do when he had Susumu's head and upper body attempting to barrel into his gut? Backpedalling with the attack, he raised both hands and pulled them down in a hammer blow.

3k3, 1 accuracy, 2 damage.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Raganui Minamoto rolled 5 10-sided dice: 10, 8, 4, 4, 7 Total: 33 (5-50)

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:45 pm
3k2 damage

wait, he has 20-something damage, let's go with 18  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:13 am
Denbe came too slowly, partly feeling like his head was standing in the wake of a slowly receding pair of wardrums. Blinking in and out he rubbed the fuzz away from his vision and came gradually to. Hearing sounds moving around him, the Hare forced himself to sit up slowly and look around. Past some people and a short distance off, he could still see the partially obscured field of combat for the jiujutsu competition, and his memory of his fights with Hogai-san came back. Or at least, two of them. He vaguely remembered that there was a third, and mostly just a great deal of pain beyond that.

He narrowed his eyes uncertainly at first, trying to make sure he was seeing the match up going on right, and...

...he rubbed at his eyes more.

"I don't believe it. That..." That damned Crane is pulling it off after all.

The Hare threw his head back in laughter, and quickly regretted it as pain came throbbing back.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:04 pm
Plainsfox
"Anything you want to add, Hisashi-san?"

"Hmph. My bow and words are to her benefit. I'll refrain from adding the words 'for the time being' to that statement."

Hisashi clearly was not pleased with this current situation, but he was also aware that there wasn't much else he could do. "Gemmei-san, I hope for all our sakes you know what you're doing..."  
Keith Valken Lionheart rolled 4 10-sided dice: 10, 1, 7, 7 Total: 25 (4-40)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:09 pm
"Akodo One-Eye was the founder of the Lion clan, but that was not his only great feat he performed while he walked the lands of Rokugan. He wrote a book, called Leadership, which was a manuscript on the art of warfare, called Leadership, which is read and studied by MANY generals, and he also laid down the tenets of 'Bushido', a code nearly all samurai adhere to and follow."

[[Lore (Ancestor), 4k3]]

Result: 25  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:36 pm
@ Jiujutsu Duel:

Zanzen would lift both hands, bringing them down upon Susumu's skull rather fiercely! Perhaps it was the adrenaline, or perhaps Zanzen didn't know his own strength. The blow sent Susumu face-down in the dirt, for which he was still in response. {18 damage, for a total of 44; Susumu is Out!}

"The second match is set. The winner is Kakita Zanzen!" Kuni Raicho would signal the Crane, turning to him and nodding in acknowledgment. "Excellent job avoiding all his blows. I'm impressed." Raicho didn't smile, she was as straight-faced as always. But her words seemed sincere enough.

After any applauds Zanzen would receive, Raicho would kneel beside Susumu. "Yoritomo Susumu. Do you wish to fight against your opponent in one last match?"

Susumu would remain face down, but he would lift one of his arms, and give a thumbs-down gesture, before his arm would fall back to the earth. "Yoritomo Susumu declines, and Kakita Zanzen advances to the final round! Seeing as he did not get hurt, we will allow him a short breather before he will face Ujina Denbe in the final round!"

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:49 pm
@ Scorpion/Mantis Shenanigans:

Kojiro does not see who he's expecting to see in the area.

Noticing the Bayushi's unease, Gemmei would assure him. "I have been keeping an eye and ear open this whole time. No one has followed us, do not worry."

Around this time, the trio would be reaching the Lore Chamber for the final event. Asako Sumi and Isawa Toyoko were just outside, walking up the steps and turning into the building.

"I believe this is my stop. For what it is worth, I apologize that the two of you have gotten wrapped up in this mess. But do believe me that I am doing everything in my power to prevent a tragedy." She would bow extremely deep to the two of you. {Etiquette of 15-5=10}

She would stand then, and smile lightly. "I would like to meet with either of you for tea one of these days, at your convenience. Perhaps we can discuss things of less dire ramifications. If you would have my company, I would be honored by yours. We can discuss the details at a later time, however; I wish not to be late for my competition."

After any farewells the two of you have, she turns and heads into the chamber.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:26 pm
@ Loretal Kombat:

((Untrained skills do not explode. As such, your result was only 18.))

All Lore: Ancestor Lore skills are now TN 10!

Kan would decide not to push his luck, and stall for another round by switching topics. "Prior to the Clan War, there would be skirmishes between the Great Clans on occasion. These skirmishes have varied in magnitude to minor disputes to bloody wars. However, Rokugan has had contact with cultures foreign to our borders. These foreigners, which we call Gaijin, had accepted our hospitality back in the fifth century... only to turn and attack our capital once their welcome was worn out. By usage of weapons that harnessed explosive powder, they ended the life of our seventh Hantei ruler and her entire retinue in the Battle of White Stag." {Lore: History of 33 vs TN 25!}

All Lore: History skills are now TN 30!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Kaiu Kagae, you have loritiative!  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:29 pm
@Scorpion/ Mantis Shenanigans

Kojiro would bow politely to the Mantis after Shinjo Gemmei made her farewells. "It was good to work with you, Hisashi-san. Please forgive me for my impetuousness. I fear I've taken more to the Bayushi school's martial training rather than it's courtly works. Also, I must take my leave. All of this day's events have taken their toll on me and someone must check up on Naizen-san if the lore contest is starting."  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Raganui Minamoto rolled 7 10-sided dice: 3, 1, 8, 3, 7, 5, 6 Total: 33 (7-70)

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:39 pm
@ Jiujutsu Duel:

"In truth, if he wasn't tiring and off center from my blows, I would have been done for." Kneeling, he'd help Susumu up and off the field to get tended to if the man did not deny the assistance.

After a breather, mostly consisting of going ow a lot as fatigue set in and getting some water and a bit of rice for a power snack, he was back in the ring, looking at the agile hare that he had defeated two days ago in the martial duels with a single blow. "We stand now in your ring, I just hope that I can learn a bit more before this is concluded. I hold no thoughts of success, but maybe the fickle kami of luck will bless me."

Lowering himself into a ready stance, he waited.

5k4 Init!

21, TIE!  
Psychofish rolled 3 10-sided dice: 7, 10, 7 Total: 24 (3-30)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:47 pm
"Just as we stood in yours two days ago. It is an honor to have the opportunity to challenge you again," Denbe spoke up as he pushed himself forward and onto the field. Part of his mind wondered if the short break had been more for him than for the Crane, after how that last match had concluded without him being struck once. Now, his legs were feeling sturdy again, however.

"...to be honest, I had hoped you would make it this far. You're much more competent without a sword than I had initially given you credit for. For underestimating you, I apologize."

The Hare bowed, turning over what he'd just seen in his head, and then widened his stance, readying for combat. Now, perhaps he'd get a chance to cleanse himself of the unease he felt over his defeat in the martial competition.

"Good luck."

[3k2 Initiative: 21]  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Psychofish rolled 2 10-sided dice: 4, 4 Total: 8 (2-20)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:49 pm
[Explosion: 4]  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 2 10-sided dice: 5, 8 Total: 13 (2-20)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:03 pm
PUSH!

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:24 pm
[Tiebreaker: 9]  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games