Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Out of Character Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:25 am
best of wishes and Godspeed biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:43 pm
Ruin can't suggest it, but the arch wizard(can't remember his name, but the one who put Valac down) might also help with the Soulcleanser.  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:01 pm
The party would remember that the Arch-Wizard Kail Areathos, the wizard they had earlier visited and made them the wand that cured the petrification of the guards, is the same wizard who made the Soulcleanser.

The party originally traveled to Kail's manor to try to acquire the magical artifact known as the Soulcleanser, but found he had already traded it away. You now know that person he traded it to must have been Fumiyo.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:54 am
PupSage

Pup, Its been almost two weeks since I had a post from you. I'm giving you till the end of the week to make a post about Kuori's intentions before I NPC her leaving with Fumiyo and the rest of the Demi's.

If you you don't have time to post and that is what Kuroi would do anyways since Fumiyo said she would teleport the party to your home town after they rested, just let me know here so I can move the story forward.  

Kowsauni
Crew

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:58 pm
Kowsauni
PupSage

Pup, Its been almost two weeks since I had a post from you. I'm giving you till the end of the week to make a post about Kuori's intentions before I NPC her leaving with Fumiyo and the rest of the Demi's.

If you you don't have time to post and that is what Kuroi would do anyways since Fumiyo said she would teleport the party to your home town after they rested, just let me know here so I can move the story forward.

Sounds groovy. My life revolves around American Social Policy and my Senior Seminar right now. @.@  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:00 pm
Mongooseh

PupSage

Rain Yupa

SCN_ Grey_fox

Congratulations! You have completed Arc 2. Everyone gains two levels. Once you get back to the demi's base, Fumiyo helps everyone acquire new magic items for their help. Everyone pick out a level 8 magic item, a level 7 magic item and a level 6 item of uncommon or lower.

This brings me to my next question though. Are you guys interested in running the third Arc? I already know Alphabetfish is out for another Arc and for most of the rest of you its been a struggle to get regular posts. If I'm going to start a new Arc I'm going to expect a least two posts a week, preferably three. Since you guys are my established players I allow a little more flexibility but this one post every two weeks or so isn't going to cut it.

Now, if you guys are busy and want to take a break for a few months and then start the third arc, that is fine as well. I just want regular posting once we start again.

I also know 4th edition, though still my favorite, is getting harder and harder to find the material for. I still maintain a D&D insider subscription for access to the reference materials but I need a outdated version of Internet explorer to even open the character builder. I am potentially open to switching to 5th edition or Pathfinder but would prefer to continue playing 4rth edition.

I will also allow people to redesign their characters a bit if you are tired of playing your current character (its been 3 years since we started this.) I will allow people to change their classes and reorganize their attributes to meet what they need for a new class. Your character will otherwise be the same for story continuation purposes.

This is of course if you guys are still interested in playing. We can do the Underdark Arc with Kuori's people or skip directly to the raid upon the Arian Research Facility. What are you guys thoughts?  

Kowsauni
Crew

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:24 pm
Kowsauni
Mongooseh

PupSage

Rain Yupa

SCN_ Grey_fox

Congratulations! You have completed Arc 2. Everyone gains two levels. Once you get back to the demi's base, Fumiyo helps everyone acquire new magic items for their help. Everyone pick out a level 8 magic item, a level 7 magic item and a level 6 item of uncommon or lower.

This brings me to my next question though. Are you guys interested in running the third Arc? I already know Alphabetfish is out for another Arc and for most of the rest of you its been a struggle to get regular posts. If I'm going to start a new Arc I'm going to expect a least two posts a week, preferably three. Since you guys are my established players I allow a little more flexibility but this one post every two weeks or so isn't going to cut it.

Now, if you guys are busy and want to take a break for a few months and then start the third arc, that is fine as well. I just want regular posting once we start again.

I also know 4th edition, though still my favorite, is getting harder and harder to find the material for. I still maintain a D&D insider subscription for access to the reference materials but I need a outdated version of Internet explorer to even open the character builder. I am potentially open to switching to 5th edition or Pathfinder but would prefer to continue playing 4rth edition.

I will also allow people to redesign their characters a bit if you are tired of playing your current character (its been 3 years since we started this.) I will allow people to change their classes and reorganize their attributes to meet what they need for a new class. Your character will otherwise be the same for story continuation purposes.

This is of course if you guys are still interested in playing. We can do the Underdark Arc with Kuori's people or skip directly to the raid upon the Arian Research Facility. What are you guys thoughts?

I am game for the either arc, and can work to update Ruin tonight(already have 6th level already planned). And being you are allowing changes, I have questions, but I will wait for everyone's answers.

I also prefer 4e. but, If we have to change systems, I call 5e.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:17 pm
Quote:

That's... rather odd, to say the least.

Anyways, on my end, I started a new job in January that eats up most of my time. Before that, I worked 8 - 4:30, with an occasional Saturday, and lived 15 minutes away. Now I'm 8-5:00 but regularly push 6 or later (with more constant Saturdays) and live more like 30-35 minutes away. All told, I'm losing about 2 hours a day more, which is why most of my sporadic and unreliable posting has been in 2018.

This past weekend, I had to cancel plans I had to go do stuff with a friend for his birthday (as part of a group) because I had gotten up too early for overtime and I'm just too burnt out and exhausted for evening plans.

Normally I'd think this job wouldn't be as demanding, but a new program started the same time I did by a quirk of timing and the logical thing was to make the new guy learn it so the others could stay the course (I'm 1/4 of a team). We really need a 5th person but because the director decided she wanted to retire there's been a hiring freeze until her replacement comes aboard and gets fully trained. I think when that finally happens, I'll be able to leave when I'm supposed to leave every day and maybe better manage my time.

My preference is the several month break... but if not and you require much more frequent posting, I may need to bow out.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:42 am
My lack of posting mostly comes from not having much to say and just kind of apathy.

I would definitely like to continue playing Valac but I am VEHEMENTLY against 5th Edition.

My preferred system is pathfinder but I would choose 4e over 5e.

I can easily do multiple posts a week it's just motivation to do so like a lot of what was needed posting over the last few weeks seemed like busy work so I just sat back waiting for it to end.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:30 pm
Kowsauni

You're looking green around the gills.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:38 pm
Rain Yupa
Kowsauni

You're looking green around the gills.

After not touching my avatar for over a decade I'm having fun designing new avatars again. I'm just missing this item called Emerald serpent to complete my Green Half-Dragon, unfortunately it seems to be a rare item.

Right now I am in the process of designed Lilith, my changeling fighter from pathfinder.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:42 pm
Changes to character sheet:

XP goes from 5500 to 10000
Hit points increased by 12 (from 53 to 65)
Racial Resist Fire increased by 1
Daily 5 power 'Martyer's Retribution' swapped out for Daily 5 'Hallowed Circle'
For level 6 utility power, gain Utility 2 power Touch of Grace
For level 7 encounter power, gain Encounter 7 power Blade of (moon)light.
Gain the feat Power of the Moon to drive my bread-and-butter Enfeebling Strike to awesomeville.

Next up: Equipment.

Two questions:
Kowsauni
Everyone pick out a level 8 magic item, a level 7 magic item and a level 6 item of uncommon or lower.

"Uncommon"?

And

What happens to our existing equipment?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:57 pm
Rain Yupa

If you look at the magic items they should have a rarity marked on them. The levels, if I am remembering this correctly, are common, uncommon, and rare. So you can pick items of common and uncommon rarity.

These new items are in addition to the ones you already have.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:03 pm
Kowsauni
If you look at the magic items they should have a rarity marked on them. The levels, if I am remembering this correctly, are common, uncommon, and rare. So you can pick items of common and uncommon rarity.

I had to check my books. Not in PHB, not in Adventurer's Vault, not in Adventurer's Vault 2... but yes in Mordenkainen's Magnificent Emporium.

How do for earlier releases?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:09 pm
Rain Yupa
Kowsauni

I had to check my books. Not in PHB, not in Adventurer's Vault, not in Adventurer's Vault 2... but yes in Mordenkainen's Magnificent Emporium.

How do for earlier releases?

Just tell me the items and I will look them up. Rare items are pretty well, rare, so you will probably be fine.  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games