Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 4e] Unity
L5R - Unity - Chapter 1 - Winter Solstice Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:15 am
It felt and sounded like something headachy was coming. It seemed like nothing Naohiko should try to defuse though. Sometimes the only thing powerful enough to cut through confusion was a katana. The Kraken samurai kept quiet then, unless bid to talk by anyone.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:27 am
@ Naohiko & Kaichiyo:

"Your cousin by blood, Kitsuki Senzo. Purportedly, anyways," Aritomo would respond, propping himself up on his elbows. "He has a bit of clout behind him, but he made us... well, those of us with katana, anyways... swear not to duel with you until he's settled matters with you first. Since you could use the opportunity to have matters settled to your benefit without his involvement otherwise, if you were to treat one of us as his champion without his knowledge."

Otsune would sheepishly bonk herself on the head, a bit too embarrassed to speak at the moment.

"Has he been tell you something different than what he's been telling us, Kaichiyo?"

"You don't have none of dis family drama bullshit ta drag us into too, do ya?" Yoshike would ask Naohiko, her interest a little more piqued now than a minute ago, turning back around to face the group.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:32 am
The Kraken yojimbo would make himself heard. "Kitsuki Senzo stated his dislike for the Kraken clan and declared we would not find an ally in him." He would then respond to Yoshike, "I'm not sure I've seen any blood family members of my parents here at this court."  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:48 pm
"Settle matters? He does realize my mother isn't here, right? The only settlement I'd like is peace and friendship, and I'm not sure a duel is the best way to achieve that. Not that I have any other ideas. In all my life, of all the Dragon and Kitsuki I've met growing up, and who joined the Kraken and have been living with us for as long as I can remember, and all visits to Second City, this is the first I have ever heard of his grievance with us. Until I can speak with my mother to find out what's really going on here, I am at a complete loss on how to fix this." she ranted, concluding with a heavy, defeated sigh.

"Different, yes. He hasn't spoken to me at all. Which makes it even more distressing to hear he's getting you fine folk involved. I had to hear about it from his snapping unprovoked at Naohiko. And duels may be one thing, debatably, but to say you can't even go to a play in my company... This is not the sort of behavior I would have expected from someone in his position."  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:07 pm
@ Kaichiyo & Naohiko:

As Kaichiyo would rant, Naohiko would probably catch this before Kaichiyo would (since he was not mid-rant), but Otsune would redden more and become visibly distressed.

At the end of said rant, she would swallow hard, before speaking aloud, her voice shakey. "I... made things worse. I shouldn't have said anything. Taihenshitsurei itashimashita!" Quickly bowing apologetically, she would then hurry out of the room, doing her best to get by Naohiko without bumping into him, before hurrying down the hall.

"Otsune-san!" Aritomo would call out, though quickly wince and not get the chance to say more.

"Aww, why'd ya have ta go and do that, uo-hime? Otsu-chan was jus' trying ta avoid a confrontation, she wasn't trying ta create one." Yoshike would say, before sighing, eyes closed. "I'll go after her 'n see if I can calm her down some. Outta the way, runt-man," she'd say, as she would shoulder past Naohiko.

"Ugh, what a mess," Aritomo would bemoan. "Naohiko, was it? Naohiko-san, could you please excuse us?" the Tamori would ask aloud from his bed. "Worry not, I'm not in any shape to be acting untoward towards your princess."  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:06 pm
Naohiko would look at Kaichiyo and if given consent, he would nod and close the door behind him and wait at the door for his Princess.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:08 pm
"Wh-... what?" was all Kaichiyo could really say to the ensuing scene, completely confused yet again. It was like that Hare all over again. Something felt wrong with this place. Everyone acted so strangely. It was like just being closer to the shadowlands messed with people's minds. Or perhaps the very tenets of Bushido were different here. She would have to find someone who could corroborate that with her later. For now she gave a nod of consent to Naohiko and purse her lips with a half hurt, half apologetic look to Aritomo.

"Perhaps I should have asked them to leave before answering your question. I apologize for speaking so freely." she preempted.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:44 pm
@ Kaichiyo:

"It's okay, it's okay," Aritomo would say, waving one hand downward dismissively from his prone position. "Otsune has to realize that a story is a two-sided thing sometimes. She only knows Senzo's half, not yours. Obviously, this is a deep-seated issue between the two of you."

He would sigh. "I thought it would have been better for you to go after Otsune yourself, but you were hesitating too long. I think Yoshike picked up on it, so that's why she went after her instead..."

A brief pause, perhaps to allow response, then he'd continue. "One does not rise to the rank of Kitsuki Daimyo without considerable gain in glory in exchange for handling some of the toughest situations court can throw at you, often solving some pretty involved mysteries along the way. But that also earns you very powerful enemies. Earlier this year, I think, Senzo was investigating a plot on his Daimyo's life. Otsune was there as extra muscle... I think someone else too but I can't recall who. Anyways, Senzo was able to track the culprit down to their, ah, hideout. Some storehouse in the city outside Shiro Kitsuki."

"Senzo's a man with much ambition and drive," Aritomo would suddenly segue. "I haven't known him for very long myself, since I'm a couple years his elder, but the short time that I have, I've definitely learned that much. He's personally set the bar very high for himself."

"Now, from my understanding, the would-be assassin tried to target Otsune with a poison arrow from the shadows, deeming her the greater threat. Not a bad assessment. Senzo saw him and got in the way, taking the arrow for her. Even then, he still tackled the guy down before he could draw a weapon, giving Otsune time to draw her own. They got the guy, of course, but Senzo was definitely stricken pretty hard by whatever poison was used. He almost died. But, yeah, as you've figured out, he did end up pulling through, or we wouldn't be having this conversation right now."

"Anyways, my point is, Senzo risked everything, even his life, in defense of a clanmate, when he could have just as easily dealt the killing blow himself. He was the one that tracked down the perpetrator, and his actions brought the villain to a just end. Contrary to how you may perceive him, he is an honorable man. You can see why Otsune would be bothered at any implications otherwise." A brief groan. "This would have been a lot more sincere if you had heard this from her, rather than the guy who's masquerading as the bandage emperor."

"From my understanding, Senzo did not know you were coming until a couple days prior to your arrival. It stirred something in him. An unforeseen opportunity to resolve something, but he wouldn't tell us what. It would take someone who knows him a lot better than me to tell you what drives him in regards to you. All he asked was for none of us to duel you until he could, if it came to that. The Kitsuki are still courtiers and not just detectives, and I at least can tell it's a leverage thing. Trust me, it's not some fiendish ploy or diabolical masterstroke. Just court tactics."

Closing his eyes, he'd finish with, "Otsune-san would be a good tactic for you to utilize, but you can't turn her against you if you want to go down that route. Friendly advice for you to mull over on your way to that play thing, Kaichiyo-san."  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:07 am
The suggestion that she should have run off after Otsune earned an expression that spoke something akin to, 'Didn't I literally just mention I'm coming here after someone TRIED TO KILL ME?' but she didn't say anything now that she knew the curse that plagued these lands. Still, she listened attentively, finding the story interesting to some points, concerning and confusing to others, and overall very important to her predicament.

"Thank you very much for the information and advice. Trust me, it's just as sincere coming from you, Emperor-san. My legacy comes from a man far more skilled in personal performance than in his utilization of others, despite being a Kitsuki himself, and I intend to follow in his footsteps. Otsune seems like a great woman herself. I would much rather have her as a friend and spirited rival upon which we may hone our skills, than put her in the middle of a family feud I never knew I had. Same with you, for that matter. Though I suspect we have things other than dueling to bond over. I can't imagine what he would have to settle with me and not my mother, but I suppose I'll deal with that when he decides to tell me. Until then let's just leave the subject behind us all. Get better soon, yeah?" she responded with a low bow and, barring whether he had anything else to say on the matter, made her way out.

"Alright Hiko-kun. Lead the way before I change my mind and go hide in my room the rest of the day. I'd like to say things couldn't get any worse, but I get the feeling the fey air in this place is fang-bared and ready to prove me wrong."  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:41 am
Naohiko nodded to his princess and guided her back to the other minor clansmen. "They're a good sort. Morito Denbe invited us to tea while you were in conference with Doji-hime and helped clear the air somewhat between another minor clan and ourselves. We should probably speak to the other minor clansmen more, in my opinion."

The bushi would be quiet for the rest of the journey back to the other minorclansmen. Hopefully, a bright and action packed kabuki play could make Kaichiyo cheerful enough to discuss what happened.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:35 pm
@ Gendo:

As you guys idle while you wait for Naohiko and possibly Kaichiyo, Ichi seems to get an idea of sorts. With an underlying level of curiosity, she stoops down, lowering his gaze to almost level with the cup of tea she had, which was about two-thirds full. Carefully with one hand, she brings the origami bunny to the top of her cup, carefully lowering it. She lightly releases it, as if wondering if the the figure would float. The paper would moisten and begin to cave in on itself, and begin to sink into the liquid.

And then Naohiko returns! With a surprising deftness, she hides the cup behind her before Naohiko could see her hiding anything, returning to normal posture in a fluid motion.

@ Whole party:

Naohiko, Kaichiyo, you reunite with Gendo without incident. Denbe would stand up and bow. "Greetings, Himura-hime. I am Morito Denbe. And this is..." He would turn and gesture towards Ichi, who was currently covering her nose with both hands, glaring at Kaichiyo. "Ah, I believe you two have met. My apologies for forgetting." Looking to the Kraken, he'd then say, "I believe your clanmates' intentions were to go to the intended kabuki play today, despite Doji-hime's cancellation thereof. What are your thoughts on the matter, Himura-hime?"  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:43 pm
"Clear the air...?" she responded suspiciously, fatigued gaze falling upon Naohiko almost pleading him to say he was joking and they weren't about to go though yet another social disaster. But she didn't ask anything else about it during the short trip, merely nodding, partially not wanting to know.

But it wasn't long before her fears were confirmed, arriving back in the minor clan wing to distressingly familiar faces. So familiar in fact that the errant bunny was even still covering her nose in a manner that was hard not to interpret as mocking. She had to take a calming breath first, but her usual bright smile and cheerful, melodic voice was quick to recover. "Pleasure~ And yes we have, though an adventurous misunderstanding left us off on the wrong foot. Perhaps we should start over. I am Himura Kaichiyo, representative of the colonial Kraken clan. I am pleased to meet you Usagi-san, Morito-san."

"Oh, right, I'd forgotten she cancelled that. Well it's probably hard to go to a play that isn't happening. After the day I've had I'll be seeking out anything relaxing, if you have anything in mind. I'm afraid it's a bit harder for me to offer suggestions as this is my first time... well, not only in Crane lands, but in all of Mainland Rokugan. I'd love to go play in the snow, but after swimming in those freezing waters yesterday I think it might be best to give my body another day or two to recover juuuust in case. I've heard the tales of Dragon monks sitting under a freezing mountain waterfall for weeks, but... they live in the cold, I live on a tropical island where snow is as real as the stories of those starving monks. The body must learn to walk before it can run, as they say~!"  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:08 am
Naohiko would try to adopt the good yojimbo pose again and cough to gain Kaichiyo's attention. "If I may correct Himura-hime, Doji-hime only cancelled the play she had sponsored. It is my understanding that there are still several dozen kabuki and noh theatres operating in Kyuden Doji. I would imagine that we could see any style of play covering any subject Himura-hime wished to see if Himura-hime still wished to see a play."  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 4 10-sided dice: 5, 2, 4, 4 Total: 15 (4-40)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:15 am
Gendo would stand when Kaichiyo entered, bowing slightly in respect. He didn't quite say anything, a but of confirmatory grunting to Naohiko's words of more plays. Looking down at the pupper in his hand, he'd look Setsuna in the eye, then back up at Kaichiyo, then back to Setsuna. So far, no insistent barking, so she wasn't being stalked by any spirits or dark forces at the moment. Still...

He looks back up at Kaichiyo, trying to see if she's hurt anywhere.

Perception/Investigation - 2k1 (Bad Eyesight)

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

[L5R 4e] Unity

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games