Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Ghoul In Pajamas

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:01 pm
julliel
Hardcore Mosher

Jacob will have to leave Bella once he imprints. It's not something you can ignore and it's not something you can change. Your mate is in your life permanently, and you're not able to change the bond you share with that mate. And Jacob has not imprinted with Bella. The imprint never existed and never will. So all of you please need to get over this crazy obsession and need to stop hating Edward. Bella has made her decision and won't go back on it now. This is in no way meant to be a flame to anyone. It's just me trying to make a point that no one is listening to and needs to be made.

A Quileute only imprints when he is a werewolf (which means being able to phase, heightened senses, body temperature, etc). Jacob can permanently lose his werewolf powers when he does not phase for a long period of time. Making it impossible for him to imprint.

Of course, there's also that period of time between his last phase change and when he finally loses his werewolf abilities, but I'm just saying that there's a possibility where Jacob can get rid of this imprinting problem.

But since he already hasnt imprinted with Bella, then that really is saying that it isn't True Love. He may have an obsessive, pressuring love with Bella now, but the love just simply isn't True, so that means that there is also every possibility of it breaking down regardless of whether or not he imprints, because their love wouldn't really stand the Test of Time. (Yeah, somebody is obsessed with Enchanted and Disney classics)

Like for instance, Sam was in love with Leah, but even if he hadn't met Emily, their love would most possibly still have collapsed because they just weren't meant for eachother, and this would have become apparent to both as time lagged by. Leah still feels that connection with him now, probably because now he's something she simply can't have, and the relationship had broken at it's "prime", and so she keeps onto that.

Jacob's love for Bella, (and disagree with me if you will, it's probably a bit controversial and i understand that many people feel very differently) His love seems like he's just in love with her because he was in love with her, like it's not real but he just wants to hold onto that as well, for something to do (not as simple as that but I can't think of the right word) I'll explain with a personal story

Last year, at the beginning of the year, this boy in my year asked me where class was, and because he had asked me nicely and was polite and seemed sweet, I had known him since year 6, I just sort of started liking him. But then, even after he didnt do anything like that again, and I didnt talk to him, I kept onto that affection, and I sort of forced it to grow unnaturally, I believed that I loved his personality, I loved his looks, and basically everything about him, and for a long time I believed I loved him, and I guess that since I believed it, it became real, but not really. But then, just suddenly, out of the blue, I just looked at him and I saw what was really there, I didn't feel anything or know about his personality and I had exaggerated his attractiveness to me in my mind, and my attachment to him. I realized that I didn't love him and i just moved on without another thought.

I know it's not a perfect analogy or anything, but it's just similar, the feelings and the exaggeration of them, but how they still are confused as real by the people.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:02 pm
watarrmelonz

But since he already hasnt imprinted with Bella, then that really is saying that it isn't True Love.

How so? Are you saying that if a Quileute hasn't imprinted on someone that it isn't, as you say, "true love"?

Quote:
He may have an obsessive, pressuring love with Bella now, but the love just simply isn't True, so that means that there is also every possibility of it breaking down regardless of whether or not he imprints, because their love wouldn't really stand the Test of Time. (Yeah, somebody is obsessed with Enchanted and Disney classics)

Now what is true love and what is love? I'm sure we have differing opinions, but what you're saying implies that if it's not "true love" then it is a breaking, false love. It also implies that even if you love your parents/friends/relatives, it's not "true love" which means that it can break and dissolve into nothing.

You are alos implying that that will never happen with "true love". How do you know? Just because the say there are. I have a personal story to tell too.

I have a cousin who, it seemed to me, was totally in love with her fiancee. This seemed like true love to me. They were happy. They had fights but always made up and compromised. They announced their wedding in June. They're seperating this December.

Why do you think "it wouldn't stand the test of time"? Do you really think that or is your opinion influenced by what Bella thinks?

Quote:
Like for instance, Sam was in love with Leah, but even if he hadn't met Emily, their love would most possibly still have collapsed because they just weren't meant for eachother, and this would have become apparent to both as time lagged by.

True, it could have collapsed. But we never see if that's a possibility now do we? It is said in the book that before Emily, Leah and Sam were together and content. If Emily didn't come into the picture, it's very much possible that Leah and Sam could have still been together happily.

Quote:
Jacob's love for Bella, (and disagree with me if you will, it's probably a bit controversial and i understand that many people feel very differently) His love seems like he's just in love with her because he was in love with her, like it's not real but he just wants to hold onto that as well, for something to do.

You're right. It is controversial and many people would disagree with you. But you're entitled to your own opinions.

P.S. I'm just curious. How can you prove that what Edward and Bella have is true love aside from the fact that that's all they say? How do you know it's true love because Bella and Edward assert this claim with not much but their words?  

julliel

Tipsy Ladykiller

6,600 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200

The Ghoul In Pajamas

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:28 pm
thankyou for replying in such a calm and collected and thought out way! Forgive me that my responses are scattered.

Quote:
P.S. I'm just curious. How can you prove that what Edward and Bella have is true love aside from the fact that that's all they say? How do you know it's true love because Bella and Edward assert this claim with not much but their words?

I cannot prove that Edward and Bella have a true love, clearly, but just as you cannot prove the same with Jacob, it is simply what I know personally, know in my heart, just as you do, and people cannot prove that a God is real, for instance, but they just know and have faith that that is it, again not a perfect analogy. And looking at the loves between Alice & Jasper and Carlisle & Esme and Emmett & Rosalie, it's like Vampires mate for life, eternity, just like the werewolves do, the bond that Bella has with Edward and how she knows that she wouldn't survive without him there but even her love of Jacob she knows nearly isn't as strong, it rings of a true, eternal love between Edward and Bella, to me. And because of the Imprinting between the werewolves and their "soul mate" Its like saying that that is their true love, that no other love would be as powerful, fulfilling as that love would be, because of that bond that they would feel only with that person, their imprinted.

Quote:
Now what is true love and what is love? I'm sure we have differing opinions, but what you're saying implies that if it's not "true love" then it is a breaking, false love. It also implies that even if you love your parents/friends/relatives, it's not "true love" which means that it can break and dissolve into nothing.

It really all comes down to personal beliefs, I agree, and mine is that I honestly believe that there is one person in the world that is your true love, there may be other loves, but only one that is the strongest you will ever know, a perfect love. And that, yes, my opinion, but also the opinion of many, if not all BellaxEdward shippers, is that what they have is true love, it is not something that I can audibly explain, but it just feels like a perfect love to me, as I know Jacob and Bella feels to you. Because "True Love" is true, it's supposed to be a perfect love that will make your whole life content, and I can understand from your personal experience, that you may have lost some faith in this because of what has happened with your cousin, (and I have all the deepest sympathy for you, it hurts me so much when any couple breaks up) something that you truly believed in, may have caused you great joy and hope, turned out to be wrong, this has happened to me, so I understand how devastating broken beliefs feel like.

I guess I am saying that love that you may be in, it isn’t false, but to me, it will ultimately break down because it isn’t pure or life perfecting, I entirely understand that this idea may be hard to understand, you have to understand it yourself, and that to you, my opinions of love may seem naïve or overly hopeful, because of the world we live in and how 70% of marriages break down (or whatever the stats are) but that is my opinion that I have come to by myself, and I am naive and hopeful, but I have to believe that it is out there, because otherwise the world is just too ugly. And I am using True Love only to describe a passionate, romantic love, so this sort of love only applies to lovers, not relatives or parents or friends, because love between lovers is a different love to platonic love. And I don't ever want to describe Romantic love, with tones of lust and desire, as a same love between relatives, but I do understand that platonic love can turn into romantic love, but its a change of thoughts and it does become different, to me, that is how I see it.

Quote:
How so? Are you saying that if a Quileute hasn't imprinted on someone that it isn't, as you say, "true love"?

Yes, it’s blunt, but that is precisely what I am saying. It may be love, I’m not denying that Jacob does have love for Bella (I disagree that he should be trying to break them up, and think that he is more deserving of Bella than Edward and I feel that he has no right to pressure her) but in my mind I do not believe it is true love, because if it were then he would have imprinted with her. It is as simple as that to me, because it is as simple as that in the book. Vampires find their true love and know it instantly, and then spend the rest of their lives with them, and the way Edward is affected by Bella’s smell, no one else is, from Twilight how Bella and Edward were instantly drawn, although he tried to stop his feeling, (much like Jane Austin’s’ Mr Darcy, which we know Meyer gets inspiration from)

And the werewolves with their imprinted, ie Sam and Leah and Emily. And the other boy with his girlfriend that he just “saw” for the first time even though he went to school with her for a long time before and didnt even notice, and knew instantly after he got his werewolf powers. In his eyes she was perfect, and this even affected Bella, and she could see her like he did to an extent. And the other boy with the baby girl, which is unique, because he would go through all the loves, which perhaps is a bit wrong, because I know that if I felt a brotherly love for someone I don't know how it would change into romantic love without feeling dirty, perhaps it was unclear in the book and their love wouldn't start at brotherly to friendly, but only start at friendly platonic love, because children can be friends with other children and brotherly love is so different to me than friendly or romantic. So I imagine that he would be there for her, but not in a brotherly way, it would be a friendly love that grows passionately and romantically as she grows older and ready for each stage, and their love would last them their whole lives.

Sorry I don’t remember their names, I have a bad head for the werewolves. I also know I repeat myself a lot, so sorry if this annoys, and please, I do not mind answering again if anything is unclear or I missed out responding to one of your points, so don't hesitate to ask for clarification. And sorry it's so long, but I had to expand on some points. I've also edited the post many times to try and clear my thoughts up.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:00 pm
During the second and beginning of the third books, I'd've gone with Jacob and Bella. But now I'm leaning toward Edward and Bella. Either way, the guy she loves is controlling (Subtle or blatant doesn't matter), and self-centered. Either way, the guy she loves is a good guy.
I think what was meant by Jacob leaving "Jacob Black behind" is that Jacob left the part of himself the cared anymore, so it wouldn't hurt so much. Whether that's tempprary or permanent, I don't know.  

Elpis8

Eclipse

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces